Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert (43266 Views)

She Was Duped Of N20,000 / Enugu Big Boy Caught After Buying A Phone Worth N200k With Fake Alert (Video) / Married Side Chic Duped Of N850k By Her Married Lover In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by makavele: 5:13pm On Dec 14, 2018
Disregard text message alerts.

If i ainr seeing an email alert, i login into mobile banking
or use USSD codes.

Na who born the maga

6 Likes

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by airsaylongcon: 5:14pm On Dec 14, 2018
Holumhidey:
but the gyl fine sha....

Na make up o
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by braveboy64(m): 5:14pm On Dec 14, 2018
the heart of some Nigerians is wicked
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by deolu2000(m): 5:14pm On Dec 14, 2018
Any transfer that does not reflect my initial balance will be detected has hoax, after all the men can never know my initial balance, except of course if the sales rep confirmed that her balance before the transfer was correct while the men made the transfer, then she must be part of the scam. it's that simply..

3 Likes

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by aboki80(m): 5:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
SaintAlbert53:
the heart of man is wicked..
not just men.both gender

1 Like

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by bishop4life(m): 5:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
DONADAMS:
how do they do this fake alert stuff Sef? me..I must check my gmail to confirm transaction if I no trust you

I always use E-mail alert. If I no see am, but I sorry ooo.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by harveyspec: 5:16pm On Dec 14, 2018
how did they know her previous account balance?

1 Like

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by laplace19(m): 5:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
makavele:
Disregard text message alerts.

If i ainr seeing an email alert, i login into mobile banking
or use USSD codes.

Na who born the maga
Exactly bro. I only receive alerts through my email.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by laplace19(m): 5:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
aboki80:

not just men.both gender
"Man" in that context is for both gender.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by HyconMojo(m): 5:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
And someone argued it's easy to know a fake bank alert because it doesn't show balance amount. This one show balance oooo

1 Like

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by israelmao(m): 5:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
Why was it that the transaction was unsuccessful with Zenith Bank but successful with Fidelity Bank?Does it mean those fraudsters were able to hack into Fidelity Bank system?Was it network issue or they asked for her phone number and did all the manipulation with it.

1 Like

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by bixton(m): 5:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
They caught her off guard because she was overwhelmed by the amount they paid and possibly the extra she'll get from the sales.
That's how I heard at my area some men entered a boutique and picked clothes to the tune of +#100,000 only to pay in cash in broad daylight. It was the lady's husband who found out that the monies was completely fake currency. That was like after the men had left.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by bluefilm: 5:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
I go like learn how to send this fake sms.

E get some people wey me know wey I go like send am give dem.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by helium2: 5:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
That sales girl is involved

Else that Remaining balance is wrong

4 Likes

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by brenister10: 5:25pm On Dec 14, 2018
DONADAMS:
even at that...how will they know what was in your account previously to make it tally with your balance after the transaction? is jazz involved?

Hmm, nice observation
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by samsongbemisola(m): 5:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
noble71:
I don't believe that crap up there. When has Bank Name turned to Nkiru shop? Then fake transfer does not Show your real account balance except they worked with an insider in the bank. So this looks like staged stuff to get cheap attention.
fake alert us real. Just always check your account balance with your bank app to be sure don't depend on SMS especially when dealing with strangers
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Cyoung4real(m): 5:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
Bank Alert from "N"? WHICH BANK START WITH "N" IN THIS CON3

2 Likes

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by johnpalmer774(m): 5:28pm On Dec 14, 2018
sammyuche:
Cant blame her. But close inspection she wld notice the alert came from a mobile number. Not the bank. They already composed the format of the message for all different banks so it would seem like a real alert. This country is just getting worse day by day.

You made a Valid point the alert actually came from number not bank and the second observation is how do they know how much she has left in her account because the incoming transfer will definitely add up with the amount you have left in your account so in that case she said 482k was transferred and the total balance in that screenshot showed 485k that means she has only 3k left in that account so my question now is how do those ppl figure d amount in her account b4??

4 Likes

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by kunkelhanspeter(m): 5:30pm On Dec 14, 2018
When u saw the alert are you trying to tell me u don’t know ur former account balance?
Only fools fall for dis
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by frankmoney(m): 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
How did they know your previous balance
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by bluefilm: 5:33pm On Dec 14, 2018
Well dressed.

Enough money prospects.

Probably good command of English too...

How to scam most women.

EFCC, una see say I don dey learn this thing well...? grin

2 Likes

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Ayobami7(m): 5:33pm On Dec 14, 2018
hmmm
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by andyanders: 5:33pm On Dec 14, 2018
deolu2000:
Any transfer that does not reflect my initial balance will be detected has hoax, after all the men can never know my initial balance, except of course if the sales rep confirmed that her balance before the transfer was correct while the men made the transfer, then she must be part of the scam. it's that simply..

Exactly. For it to show the correct A/C balance after the fake credit of #482,500 was transferred goes to show that an insider was involved. The sales rep could be part of the deal by giving them her actual account balance and it was programmed and stored as Draft. How did the guys get to know that there was an actual balance of #3,034 in the said account of the sales girl?

From the post, it could be that the so called Sandra who is maybe the manager or whatever could be the person that planned the whole scam and hipped it on the poor sales girl. How come she now asked the sales girl to pay for the loss.Why couldn't her own account not receive amount at that point but instead asked the sales girl to give them her own account? It was an inside plan by either. Both should be responsible for the loss.

After trying to fake transfer to the owner of the shop and it could not go through, the sales girl now presented her account , and it pulled through showing the actual credit and also actual A/C balance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by phoenix45(m): 5:34pm On Dec 14, 2018
warning to desperate marketers or business people.
I can get the balance of any person so far I have your phone number using a short code.

So don't be surprised when you were sent fake alert because the scammer might have checked your balance already using that method.
Don't inbox me for the process because its a lesson I learnt.
and am never a scammer

1 Like

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by KilmerRougeDon: 5:34pm On Dec 14, 2018
Eiyah undecided

Sowi bae sad

1 Like

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by abdulaz: 5:36pm On Dec 14, 2018
Boys dey vex o cheesy
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by donshady(m): 5:36pm On Dec 14, 2018
I taught my Mom and Dad all of this thing even my sister the day she was about to be scammed on Instagram. She was coming to me to borrow 10k and I asked her what she's going to do with the money. When I heard instagram seller. I jumped up grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by AngelicBeing: 5:40pm On Dec 14, 2018
bixton:
They caught her off guard because she was overwhelmed by the amount they paid and possibly the extra she'll get from the sales.
That's how I heard at my area some men entered a boutique and picked clothes to the tune of +#100,000 only to pay in cash in broad daylight. It was the lady's husband who found out that the monies was completely fake currency. That was like after the men had left.
shocked

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 14, 2018
anytime person credit ur bank account using transfer then check ur former balance and yur current account balance.if its genuiene it will reflect on ur account balance.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 14, 2018
God in his infinite mercies pick those guys call....December don set be that. all work na work in as much as u know wat ure doing
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by noble71(m): 5:44pm On Dec 14, 2018
samsongbemisola:
fake alert us real. Just always check your account balance with your bank app to be sure don't depend on SMS especially when dealing with strangers
yea I know but that thing up there looked staged.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Caught Making Incantations With Fetish Items At A Cemetery In Rivers State / Lady Accuses Man Of Touching Her Bum At Lagos Airport / Katsina Bandits ‘Arrest’ Thief, Hand Him Over To Authority (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.