Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,007 members, 7,956,728 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:34 PM

My Parents Still Flogs Me At 19! Please Advice Needed - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Still Flogs Me At 19! Please Advice Needed (2480 Views)

My Husband Flogs Me / Father Flogs Daughter For Posting Nude Videos On Instagram / At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Still Flogs Me At 19! Please Advice Needed by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 16, 2018
like someone rightly put in here, some people av no business bin parents,this is simply an abuse,u can tell this gentleman here is a good child,this doesn't mean he's perfect,dy will never appreciate you now but later dy will.I can boldly say he's already having low self-esteem which the abusive parent av succeeded in putting him tru. Don't worry boy,God will reward you for still bin good despite their very bad parenting.Pls some of you here av it all good but dat doesn't mean others do, I once had to arrest a very abusive,bitter and jelouse mum who took all her obsession on her very good child, I handed him over to my grandma and I am proud to say he's turned out to be such an amazing young man now currently in his 300 level chemical engineering going smoothly with a GP of 4.8.He bonded so well with my grandma who av taken him as her last child but at d mention of his mum, his mood changes for the whole day, dat is the difficult part we are still trying to deal with.Stop bin quick to condemn a child complaining of abuse from the parent,listen to that child and help if you can, some parent are actually very bad and dont desav to groom any child at all.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Still Flogs Me At 19! Please Advice Needed by Ains(m): 9:20am On Dec 16, 2018
OP, it's very simple
If she wants to beat you, collect the cane and throw it away or hold her hand.
She should respect you next time

1 Like

Re: My Parents Still Flogs Me At 19! Please Advice Needed by 1Sharon(f): 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2018
babythug:
This is simply abuse!

You have to begin to assert yourself first as an adult and then as a man.

Begin to spend less hours at home and more in school find a place to squat during exam periods! There must be a way round this mess!

While you’re home avoid potential quarrel triggers and do whatever chores is expected of you without being told but be firm and assertive in a subtly way!

During holidays look for odd jobs to earn a little income. That’ll keep you away from home and help you begin earn no matter how little for yourself

Good luck

This is the most sensible reply. Imagine others telling him to endure it?
Re: My Parents Still Flogs Me At 19! Please Advice Needed by AlfaAce(m): 8:22pm On Dec 16, 2018
lilmax:
you're still a child mentally, its not about the physical

what exactly would make your mother hit you with a hose?

dude, say the truth, you're frustrated and you lash at them which lead to hitting

but trust me, you should start doing something in school, so you fall back on when you graduate instead of going back to your parents house that makes you sad and angry....it will be alright soon
Very insensitive comment!

1 Like

Re: My Parents Still Flogs Me At 19! Please Advice Needed by AlfaAce(m): 8:23pm On Dec 16, 2018
1Sharon:

This is the most sensible reply. Imagine others telling him to endure it?
As if they can.A lot of Nigerian parents aren't disciplinarians,they're abusers.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Still Flogs Me At 19! Please Advice Needed by AlfaAce(m): 8:25pm On Dec 16, 2018
peepydelano:
like someone rightly put in here, some people av no business bin parents,this is simply an abuse,u can tell this gentleman here is a good child,this doesn't mean he's perfect,dy will never appreciate you now but later dy will.I can boldly say he's already having low self-esteem which the abusive parent av succeeded in putting him tru. Don't worry boy,God will reward you for still bin good despite their very bad parenting.Pls some of you here av it all good but dat doesn't mean others do, I once had to arrest a very abusive,bitter and jelouse mum who took all her obsession on her very good child, I handed him over to my grandma and I am proud to say he's turned out to be such an amazing young man now currently in his 300 level chemical engineering going smoothly with a GP of 4.8.He bonded so well with my grandma who av taken him as her last child but at d mention of his mum, his mood changes for the whole day, dat is the difficult part we are still trying to deal with.Stop bin quick to condemn a child complaining of abuse from the parent,listen to that child and help if you can, some parent are actually very bad and dont desav to groom any child at all.
Your maturity speaks for itself sir.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Still Flogs Me At 19! Please Advice Needed by CharlesJok3r: 10:56pm On Dec 16, 2018
Can you be prosecuted by the law for all the reasons your parent assualt you physically? If no then that a abuse of the highest order. And you should never let them have you murdered/disfigured in their process of hitting you with hard objects. c'mon fight for yourself but don't hit them back (you don't wanna turn yourself to a barbarian they are) and get out of that place you call home and never look back. Their act of abusing you at your age is very disastrous to your growth both mentally and emotionally.
Stay away from them, anything they provides you in the relationship is not worth it cause you are being depleted mentally and emotionally in return. Work a way out financially for yourself.

No human being is supposed to hit other human in the first place.
Abusive people hardly repent, and don't be surprised they will still behitting you 10 years from now if you are still with them.
Re: My Parents Still Flogs Me At 19! Please Advice Needed by Oluhills007: 4:57am On Dec 17, 2018
keepingmum:
Oga, welldone for all the work you do as a child to your parents.
However, at 21 you are still reliant on your parents, your siblings are in boarding school, your parents are obviously noy very well off hence can only afford to grind at odd hours of the night in order to save resources to continue supporting you in school.
In saner societies, you will be fending for yourself, schooling, feeding, accomodation etc
I feel whilst its inconvenient commuting to sch from home, staying up to grind at odd hours, its a small sacrifice to pay and you should ahow some gratitude to your family for supporting your dreams.

Look around several threads here on this platform and you ll see lots of nairalanders who's parents do not support them in anyway......be grateful and stop been entitled

Your post doesn't makes sense... Have you ever experience emotional trauma... People talking down on you.... It affects your self esteem... And also you are not addressing the issue... The issue is that at 19 they still flog him... Bros nah you go jara e... Anytime they wan beat you... Just walk away .... Or dodge it...then it will begin to sink in that you are no longer a kid... Bros I've been in your situation before.... Thats what I did

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Original Montblanc Designer Travel Bag For Sale / My Dad Want Me To Divorce My Wife / Pls I Nid Ur Advise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.