Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

The Taboo - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Taboo (43840 Views)

Taboo [18+] / The Taboo (an exciting Romance Story) / Taboo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Taboo by Kaycee9242(m): 2:07pm On Mar 18, 2019
e dun happen, straffing mother and daughter. op well done
Re: The Taboo by blanquito(m): 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2019
Yes, you can get it. You can send glo recharge pin number of N100 to oloruntoyin21@gmail.com
or recharge the line 08113703920.
I will also need your e-mail address[/quote]

done sir,my email is felixerangendra@gmail.com
nice story keep it up
Re: The Taboo by ToyinOlorunsola(m): 12:13pm On Mar 19, 2019
He was shocked. ‘You mean Ms. Popo is your mummy?’

‘Yes, sir. My biological mummy.’

He was stupefied. ‘Really? And I never knew!’

Just then, the madam of the house came to the sitting-room. Ayo turned to her.

‘Jane here is your daughter?’ he asked incredulously.

Ms. Popo smiled. ‘Yes, she is.’

‘Jesus! But you never told me.’ He sat down on a sofa.

‘I told you I have a daughter.’

‘Yes, but I never imagined it was Jane.’

Jane smiled, stood up and excused herself.

‘I had her when I was still in the university. She’s my only child and my treasure. That’s why she’s working not far from mummy.’

He sighed. Now, wait a minute. He had slept with Jane on an occasion. He had also slept with her mother. Was that not another taboo?

He shrugged. It wasn’t deliberate. It was just coincidence, and that was that. What he didn’t know was that Ms. Popo had planted Jane to monitor him and give reports back. Jane’s reports had been favorable to him, but her mother noticed that Jane was becoming sentimentally attached to him and had redeployed her pronto.

Ms. Popo had her eyes on him right from the first day she met him at the Minister’s office. She had patiently planned how to get him, and she had succeeded.

The routine of visiting Ms. Popo was every other day. Juliet had come to accept his reason for going out and did not raise eyebrow again. The
following weekend, when he was in Lagos, Mandy discussed the pet project she had in mind with him.

Without any fuss, he agreed with his wife.

‘I think it’s a good investment,’ he said. ‘Give me the estimation of the costs. We can start the project as soon as possible.’

Mandy hugged and kissed him. ‘Oh, my darling husband. I appreciate your humane gesture. Many thanks.’

Two months into his job, he maintained the routine of regularly seeing Ms. Popo. His wife said they would soon end the term and start a three-
week holiday. Finally, she and the children would be coming to stay for some time in Abuja. Ayo had moved into his official residence, and the
place was more than big enough to take them all. Ayo sent his driver and Juliet to convey his wife and two children from the airport. It was a

Saturday, and he was at home to receive them.

They were all glad to be with him. The children ran to him and locked him in warm embrace.

‘Daddy! Daddy!’ they chorused.

He lifted them and carried them. It was like a family re-union. He was with them through out the weekend. Whatever rendezvous he had with
Funke Popo would have to wait till week days. On Monday morning, he called her.

‘Hello, Ms. Popo.’

‘Hello. Na wa o. So, just because your wife and children are around, you just forgot me like that.’

‘How could I forget you, my dear Funky. You know, they just came and I wanted them to make them really feel at home.’

‘Okay o. That’s good. So, until they go, I won’t see your face again.’

‘Oh, no. I’ll be coming over to your place as soon as we close from work today.’

‘Oh, that’s good. I’ll be expecting you.’

That was exactly what Ayo did. Right from his working place, he dismissed some of his security details and instructed the driver to take him to
Ms. Popo’s house. She had hardly entered the house when he came. He went straight to her bedroom and sat on her bed. He watched as she undressed and changed to casuals.

‘I have a mind of not letting you go today,’ she said.

‘Ah, sorry, I’ll have to go after some time with you.’

‘And why must you go?’ she asked.

He laughed shortly. ‘Of course, I have to go. How do I explain where I slept overnight? The action will only confirm that indeed, there’s an
Abuja babe.’

She only smiled and said nothing for some time.’

READ FULL STORY FROM: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_sweet_taboo/25241

2 Likes

Re: The Taboo by Treasure17(m): 1:40pm On Mar 19, 2019
Ayo is morally bankrupt and undisciplined fellow. Playing home and away games with insensitivity. Your misfortune is imminent. Interesting story.
Thanks for the update op.

1 Like

Re: The Taboo by Kaycee9242(m): 1:49pm On Mar 19, 2019
Ayo should av respected her wife now dt she is around and temporarily quit seeing that woman. op well done

1 Like

Re: The Taboo by ToyinOlorunsola(m): 6:15am On Mar 20, 2019
He nodded. ‘That’s alright.’ As soon as she left the room, he undressed to his singlet and boxer. Then, he switched on the flat-screen in the bedroom, adjusted a pillow, and with the remote control in his hand, lay on the bed. A couple of minutes later, his phone rang. He was surprised that Juliet was on the line.

‘How are you, Juliet? How’s everything?’

‘Everything is fine, but it all depends on you,’ she replied.

He frowned slightly. ‘What do you mean by that?’

‘I have a sneaky belief that for some time now, you’ve been breaking the bond between us.’

Oh, this young lady had come with her antics again, he felt. ‘What bond are you talking about?’

‘You know what I’m talking about. But in case you’ve forgotten, I’m talking about the blood oath the two of us took.’

He still pretended he did not know what she was talking about. ‘What happened to that oath?’

‘If you’re breaking it, which I’m seriously suspecting, I’ll advise you to stop right now. The consequence of breaking it is very unpalatable.’

He chuckled. He wanted to tell her that she was just making fusses over nothing, but he realized that she had disengaged the line. He chuckled
to himself. If she expected that he would be scared by that childish oath, then she was making a big mistake. He dismissed her misgivings
immediately.

Some minutes later, Funke Popo was back in the room.

‘I told the cook to prepare semovita and bitter leaf soup,’ she announced. ‘It will soon be ready.’

‘That’s alright,’ he answered. Then he looked at her critically. ‘I don’t know if I should grab you right away, or I should wait after the meal.’

She smiled, but said nothing.

‘But everything depends on if I can resist this your bewitching look.’

‘Do I look bewitching?’ she asked.

‘Yes. My dear Funky, you look bewitching.’

She nodded. ‘So, why don’t you just prove that instead of just talking?’

He pulled her to himself. ‘You’re right. I’ll prove it right away.’

‘Hey wait. How do you intend to prove it?’

He winked at her slyly. ‘By making love to my dear Funky.’

She shook her head. ‘No, that’s not the way to prove it.’

He looked at her curiously. ‘So, how can I prove it, dear?’

She stared at him briefly. ‘By staying here, tonight.’

He squeezed his face slightly. ‘Oh, come on, Funky. I don’t really want to confirm her suspicion.’

She put on a displeased look. He rubbed his right hand on her back. ‘See, Funky, don’t worry. I’ll make it up. As soon as she goes back to
Lagos, I’ll make it up with you.’

‘Are you sure about that?’

‘Yes. I’m very sure. You’ll see.’ His hand moved to the other part of her body and he kissed her. Her response was encouraging. He was soon all over her, and they ended making love. Later, they had the dinner and he left for his home.

It was eight-fifty in the night when he got home.

‘There’s no fixed time for closing in this work,’ he told his wife. ‘Sometimes, we close by five, but some other times, a meeting could just comp up and we’ll still be deliberating till late in the night.’ Mandy believed him and urged him to always find time to relax from the tight schedule of work.

The presence of his wife in the house meant he could not have any intimate moment with Juliet. The latter did not like it, but there was nothing
she could do.

For the next weeks that Mandy and the children were around, he was only able to meet with Funky twice a week, while Juliet was completely schemed out of things.

After spending three weeks, Mandy and the children finally returned to Lagos. That weekend, Juliet avoided him. He called her to his bed-room.

Get full download from: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_sweet_taboo/25241

Read other interesting stories from: https://flavortales..com/

1 Like

Re: The Taboo by Kaycee9242(m): 8:21am On Mar 20, 2019
this guy just dy dig hole around himself
Re: The Taboo by ToyinOlorunsola(m): 6:31am On Mar 21, 2019
After spending three weeks, Mandy and the children finally returned to Lagos. That weekend, Juliet avoided him. He called her to his bed-room.

‘Baby girl, what is the meaning of all this your action? Why’re you behaving like this?’

‘You’re the cause of my distress,’ she said.

‘How could I be the cause?’

‘You’ve broken the vow we made to each other.’

‘You keep talking about the vow. How could you tell that I’ve broken it?’

‘I know you have. I know you’re having an affair with Ms. Popo.’

He tried to dismiss her claim. ‘How would I go for that mama when I have a sweet sixteen like you here?’

She was not rest assured. As a matter of fact, when he tried to play with her, she was cold and unyielding. Ayo was surprised she was taking
everything so serious.

‘Listen, Juliet. I’ll make it up with you.’ He opened his briefcase and brought out a bundle of five hundred naira notes. ‘Have these, Juliet, baby.
Buy yourself something nice.’

She looked at the money and softened a bit.

‘That’s my girl,’ he said, smiling. His hands went to her breasts, but she moved away.

‘I’m sorry I’m not in the mood for that.’

Again, he was surprised. ‘Oh, come on, Juliet. Let me put you in the mood.’ He made for her breasts again and she rebuffed him.

‘Some other time,’ she said. ‘Right now, please nothing like that.’ She moved towards the door. ‘Thanks for the money,’ she said and left his
bedroom. He was of course surprised by her action. Well, she would soon get over it, he shrugged.

The following Monday, Ayo told her he would be travelling with the Minister and might not be back until towards the weekend. He had actually
packed some clothes and personal effects in a bag and it looked like indeed he was traveling. As if she knew he was not sincere with her, she reacted coldly to his words.

READ OTHER INTERESTING STORIES: https://flavortales..com/

1 Like

Re: The Taboo by Ann2012(f): 7:35am On Mar 21, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: The Taboo by vivienD: 9:17am On Mar 21, 2019
I really want to see how this man will fall
Re: The Taboo by Remite011(m): 11:44am On Mar 21, 2019
his downfall don start tey try, just dat it's yet to reach d starting point
Re: The Taboo by Kaycee9242(m): 12:07pm On Mar 21, 2019
nawa for this guy oooooo
Re: The Taboo by Treasure17(m): 12:24pm On Mar 21, 2019
Empty Ayo. Thanks for the update.
Re: The Taboo by FairCritic(m): 6:09pm On Mar 21, 2019
Good story.
Re: The Taboo by ToyinOlorunsola(m): 6:00am On Mar 22, 2019
The following Monday, Ayo told her he would be travelling with the Minister and might not be back until towards the weekend. He had actually packed some clothes and personal effects in a bag and it looked like indeed he was traveling. As if she knew he was not sincere with her, she reacted coldly to his words.
After closing from work that day, he went to Ms. Popo’s residence. That was the trip he was having with the Minister!

‘I’ve come to fulfill my promise of making it up to you,’ he told Funky. ‘I’ll be here till Friday.’

She was glad by his decision. For five full days, he would return from work and go straight to her residence. They lived like they were married.

By Friday morning, he told her he would be returning to his house at the close of work.

‘I hope you had a fun-filling time,’ she said.

He nodded vigorously. ‘Sure, I did. With you, there was no dull moment.’

Juliet was fuming when he returned to the house. She came to his bedroom to express her big grievance.

‘You were with that woman, weren’t you?’ she demanded.

‘Will you stop this your silly accusation?’ he said, getting angry too

‘Alright. Just be prepared for the consequence.’

‘There’s nothing like any consequence!’ he retorted.

She stormed out of his room.

Uhm! Why was she taking things too seriously? He wasn’t married to her, so he believed he had no obligation towards her. The earlier she
understood that, the better for her.

When Juliet left for her room, she had one thing in mind; she would call her sister to tell her something very important. She dialed the number.

‘Hello, sister. How’s everyone and everything in Lagos?’

‘Fine, Juliet. How’s the national service going on?’

‘So far so good, sister.’ She sighed. ‘I’ve got some information for you.’

Across the line, Mandy became attentive. ‘What information is that?’

‘It’s about your husband, Uncle Ayo.’

‘Yes?’

‘I can now authoritatively reveal that uncle is having an affair.’

There was a slight pause. Juliet did that so that the fact would sink in.

‘Go on,’ Mandy urged.

‘He is having an affair with the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry. Her name is Ms. Popo.’

‘Are you sure about what you’re saying, Juliet?’

‘Yes, sister. I’m 100 percent sure.’

‘Thank you, Juliet. I’ll see how to handle this.’

She felt happy after the line was disconnected. If Ayo thought he could use, dump and treat her
anyhow, she would show him that he was making a terrible mistake.

That was it. Juliet had just confirmed her fears about her husband’s infidelity. She wasn’t surprised to be hearing this. So, what would she do, now? If she confronted him, he would most likely deny it. If she did not, he would indulge in it even more. She just had to be discreet in handling the matter. She thought of many options. If she should relocate to Abuja, would that stop his infidelity? Maybe. The distance between them was no doubt a factor that could bring longing for another lover, as he was obviously demonstrating.

But what about her job in Lagos? What about her pet dream? Would all these be aborted all because she constantly wanted to be with him. Would being with him really stop him from flirting around? Old habits die hard. It was only God that could make him stop philandering.

What if she gave him a tough stance; something like you either choose me or choose your woman friend? From what she had heard from other people’s experiences, that might not work. Then something struck her mind. What about giving an ultimatum, and if he failed, she would file for divorce? Oh, no, she would not do that. Despite all, she loved him, so how would she now threaten going her way? Mandy was conservative and religious. She believed what the Bible said that there should be no divorce.

Read full story at: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_sweet_taboo/25241

READ OTHER STORIES: https://flavortales..com/

2 Likes

Re: The Taboo by aprilwise(m): 8:10am On Mar 22, 2019
Nice one. Juliet is bitten more than what she can chew. Thanks
Re: The Taboo by Kaycee9242(m): 8:12am On Mar 22, 2019
Juliet is mad ooooo!!! how can she be jealous over another woman husband? won't she go and get her own husband? well done op

1 Like

Re: The Taboo by ToyinOlorunsola(m): 7:10am On Mar 23, 2019
What if she gave him a tough stance; something like you either choose me or choose your woman friend? From what she had heard from other people’s experiences, that might not work. Then something struck her mind. What about giving an ultimatum, and if he failed, she would file for divorce? Oh, no, she would not do that. Despite all, she loved him, so how would she now threaten going her way? Mandy was conservative and religious. She believed what the Bible said that there should be no divorce.

She decided that she would just have to manage him and the situation. Then, as a believer, she must pray more for him. She believed in the powers and efficacy of prayers. But she would still confront him, albeit discreetly.

On Saturday morning, Juliet was lolling in the sitting-room, still in her nightie and watching the television when Meimunat, the house maid entered. A car had just be driven inside the compound and she was about to tell the master who had come. But before she could even get to his bedroom to tell him, the visitor entered the sitting-room.

‘Good morning, young lady.’

Surprised, Juliet stood up to greet Ms. Popo.

‘Good morning, ma.’

‘You must be his sister-in-law, right?’

‘Yes, ma.’ Ms. Popo nodded and took a seat. She was in jeans, white t-shirt, and canvas shoes, looking like someone going for jogging.

Juliet had to take her leave. She went to her room, slamming the door behind her. What an assault! What was Ms. Popo doing in the house?

Why had she come? It was not just enough that she was harboring Ayo in her house for romps, she even came to the house. And so early in the morning. Now, would anyone still be in doubt that Ms. Popo and Ayo were having an affair?

Juliet flopped on her bed. Why? Why was Ayo doing this to her? She felt she loved him. She felt she should be the only one to have him – apart from her sister. Why then, was she treating her so disdainfully. Even after making him swear to an oath, he still went ahead to do this. What was wrong with some men?

What did that woman have that was superior to what she, Juliet, possessed? She was old, for God’s sake. Juliet was sure her tits were already sagging. How could a reasonable man leave firm and rounded boobs like her own for sagging ones like that woman’s own?

She must have bewitched Ayo, she decided. That must be the only reason for their relationship and intimacy. It could not be an ordinary one.

Juliet was aggrieved. Above all, she was sad. Before she knew, she started crying into her pillow.

The maid came to tell her that he would soon be joining her.

‘Where’s he?’ Ms. Popo asked.

‘In his bedroom, ma.’

‘Take me there.’

The maid was hesitant.

Ms. Pop smiled in a way to reassure her. ‘Don’t worry. Just take me there.’

Meimunat led her to his bedroom. Funky rapped softly on the door, and without waiting for an answer entered the room. The maid was surprised by that audacity but could say nothing. Funky entered his room. He was in boxer and was about to wear a pair of trousers when she came in.

‘Hello, dear,’ she greeted, flashing him a smile.

He was pleasantly surprised. ‘How d’you do, Funky. What a pleasant surprise to have you here this morning.’

She came to meet him. ‘I came to see my sweetheart,’ she said.

He hugged her and they kissed briefly. ‘I’m very glad to have you around, honey.’

‘The feeling is mutual,’ she said.

He looked at her curiously. ‘Did you jog your way to this place?’

‘Yes. I jogged my way, just to see you.’ She laughed.

READ OTHER STORIES FROM: https://flavortales..com/

1 Like

Re: The Taboo by Kaycee9242(m): 1:15pm On Mar 23, 2019
Op well done, Juliet dy crase oooo
Re: The Taboo by Treasure17(m): 1:53pm On Mar 23, 2019
I just pity Mandy. Thanks for the update.
Re: The Taboo by Ann2012(f): 2:45pm On Mar 23, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: The Taboo by ToyinOlorunsola(m): 6:56am On Mar 24, 2019
Kaycee9242:
Op well done, Juliet dy crase oooo

Ann2012:
Thanks for the update

Treasure17:
I just pity Mandy. Thanks for the update.

Thanks for your interests.
Re: The Taboo by ToyinOlorunsola(m): 6:59am On Mar 24, 2019
The maid came to tell her that he would soon be joining her.

‘Where’s he?’ Ms. Popo asked.

‘In his bedroom, ma.’

‘Take me there.’

The maid was hesitant.

Ms. Pop smiled in a way to reassure her. ‘Don’t worry. Just take me there.’

Meimunat led her to his bedroom. Funky rapped softly on the door, and without waiting for an answer entered the room. The maid was surprised by that audacity but could say nothing. Funky entered his room. He was in boxer and was about to wear a pair of trousers when she came in.

‘Hello, dear,’ she greeted, flashing him a smile.

He was pleasantly surprised. ‘How d’you do, Funky. What a pleasant surprise to have you here this morning.’

She came to meet him. ‘I came to see my sweetheart,’ she said.

He hugged her and they kissed briefly. ‘I’m very glad to have you around, honey.’

‘The feeling is mutual,’ she said.

He looked at her curiously. ‘Did you jog your way to this place?’

‘Yes. I jogged my way, just to see you.’ She laughed.

He looked at her curiously again.

‘What’s the secret?’

‘What secret?’

‘The secret of you looking so fresh and young every-day.’

‘It’s God o.’

‘You look fresh, energetic, young and kinky.’

‘Wow! All these qualities for me alone?’

‘There’re even more, but, I’ll reserve them for now.’

‘If the outside looks so sweet like this, I wonder how the inside will look like.’

‘Well,’ she shrugged. ‘You’ll have to find that out yourself.’

He feigned to be musing. ‘How I wish I can find out how sweet the inside will be right now.’

‘You’re still wishing and wondering? How could you, when Funke is right her in front of you?’

He nodded. ‘You’re right. Seeing is believing.’ He raised her t-shirt to stare at her boobs covered in white, push-up bra.

‘These definitely look sweet. Do you mind if I taste them?’

‘Do you need to ask that?’

He smiled and completely removed her t-shirt and other wears.

Juliet went to the kitchen to get some fruit juice. She noticed that the guest she left in the sitting-room was no there and wondered if she had
left. Meimunat was in the kitchen, frying some eggs.

‘Has that woman gone?’ she asked the maid.

‘No. she’s with oga in his bedroom.’

Juliet felt saddened again. How could that shameless woman come to the house, and go to his bedroom? Didn’t she know that the room was supposed to be his matrimonial bed-room? Why was it that some women didn’t have shame? Just look at that old woman running after a younger man. She could even be his aunt, but since she had no shame, she was running after him!

But some men too had no sense, she thought further. One of such men was Uncle Ayo. If he had sense, how would he be having an affair with a woman old enough to be his auntie? The two of them had no shame.

Juliet suddenly realized that she had no desire to take the juice again. As a matter of fact, she now had headache. She returned the juice pack to the refrigerator and returned to her room.

They cuddled each other under the bedspread, naked. He wrapped his right hand on her shoulders, while she stared into his eyes.

‘You really know how to handle a woman,’ she said.

He grinned. ‘Thanks for the compliment.’

‘I love it the way you treat me.’

He grinned again. ‘Coming from Ms. Funke Popo, the career super woman, that’s a very big compliment.’

She chucked. ‘I want to ask you something.’

He smiled. ‘Go ahead and ask anything, Funk darling?’

‘Can I trust you?’

He nodded. ‘Sure, you can. Do you have any reason to have doubts about me?’

She looked at him undecidedly.

‘Alright,’ he said. ‘If you want me to swear to another oath, I’m ready to do that, just for you.’

‘There will be no need for that,’ she put in quickly.

‘Okay. So, I’m all ears.’

She still hesitated.

Ayo moved over to kiss her briefly. ‘It’s okay if you are not ready to say it.’

‘No, I’ll say it.’

DOWNLOAD FULL STORY FROM: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_sweet_taboo/25241

READ OTHER INTERESTING STORIES FROM: https://flavortales..com/

2 Likes

Re: The Taboo by vivienD: 7:28am On Mar 24, 2019
Thanks toyin for the update

Please don't put us in suspense cry
Re: The Taboo by Ann2012(f): 10:15am On Mar 24, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: The Taboo by Kaycee9242(m): 10:19am On Mar 24, 2019
nawaoooo dis suspense no make sense na
Re: The Taboo by Treasure17(m): 11:18pm On Mar 24, 2019
Thanks for the update.
Re: The Taboo by ToyinOlorunsola(m): 6:18am On Mar 25, 2019
She chucked. ‘I want to ask you something.’

He smiled. ‘Go ahead and ask anything, Funk darling?’

‘Can I trust you?’

He nodded. ‘Sure, you can. Do you have any reason to have doubts about me?’

She looked at him undecidedly.

‘Alright,’ he said. ‘If you want me to swear to another oath, I’m ready to do that, just for you.’

‘There will be no need for that,’ she put in quickly.

‘Okay. So, I’m all ears.’

She still hesitated.

Ayo moved over to kiss her briefly. ‘It’s okay if you are not ready to say it.’

‘No, I’ll say it.’

He looked at her intently. ‘There are two property I want to buy.’

He grinned. ‘That’s good. Go ahead and buy them.’

‘I want to use you as the proxy.’

He clouded his eyes, but only briefly. ‘Is that all?’

‘No. The properties are in Dubai. You’ll have to go there, negotiate the place and buy them on my behalf. They will bear your name, of course,
but you must know that whatever is the case, I’m the true owner.’

He smiled. ‘Does the previous oath still subsist, or do I have to swear to another one?’

‘The other one still subsist, but can I really trust you?’

‘Oh, come on Funky. Did I betray your trust on the last deal we had? Why having doubts now?’

He tickled her waist and she giggled. ‘You can count on me, baby.’

By noon, Juliet was really miffed. That woman was still holed in his room. What were they doing since morning? How could they remain holed up in that room for hours? What were they discussing? Why did they not come to the sitting-room? Oh Lord. Juliet felt like barging inside that bed-room and ordering the woman to get out. But it was a mere wishful thinking.

They had even taken their meal in the bedroom. This was terrible. Uncle Ayo had no shame at all. How could he bring a woman to his matrimonial bedroom, and they were there for several hours?

Then, she had an idea. She brought her phone and called her sister.

‘Good after, sis,’ she greeted.

‘Hello, Juliet. How’re you?’

‘Fine. See, sister, that woman I told you Uncle Ayo is keeping as a lover is around in his room, right now. They’ve been there for hours.’

‘Is that so?’

‘Yes, sister.’

‘Alright. Thank you, Juliet.’

‘Yes, sister. The least you can do is to call him and challenge him,’ Juliet added.

‘Thank you, Juliet.’

The line was disconnected. Yes, that would serve him right, Juliet told herself. Shameless man that was going with useless woman!

They were still entangled on the bed when his phone rang. He picked it up and sat upright on the bed when he saw that his wife was on the line.

‘It’s Mandy, my wife,’ he told Funky.

‘Oh,’ she said.

He answered the call. ‘Hello, Mandy darling.’

‘Hello, dear.’ Mandy was cool in the way she decided to handle the matter.

‘How’s the weekend and how are the children?’

‘We’re all fine. How’re you over there?’

‘I’m not too fine,’ he answered. ‘Since morning, I’ve been down with cold. In fact, I had to call in a doctor to attend to me.’

Mandy forgot all her suspicion. ‘Oh God, is it that serious? Why don’t you go to the hospital?’

‘I’ll be okay. I guess it’s just the stress. The doctor has given some prescriptions and I’ll order them to buy the drugs right away. I’m sure as
soon as I take them, I’ll be alright.’

‘Oh, please take care of yourself, dear.’

‘Thanks, I’ll be okay. My regards to the children. I miss all of you so much.’

‘We miss you too. Alright, I’ll be calling you again.’

Download complete story from: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_sweet_taboo/25241

Read other stories: https://flavortales..com/

1 Like

Re: The Taboo by aprilwise(m): 7:36am On Mar 25, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: The Taboo by Ann2012(f): 7:38am On Mar 25, 2019
Hmmmm

Thanks for the update
Re: The Taboo by Kaycee9242(m): 10:32am On Mar 25, 2019
wetin be Juliet own self? does she want to destroy her sister's marriage? op well done
Re: The Taboo by Treasure17(m): 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2019
Mandy trying to handle the situation in a diplomatic way. Thanks for the update.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

17 Awosika-a Crime/action Thriller / Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie / Two Realms... {Romance-thriller}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.