Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE (111404 Views)

Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari / 2023: Buhari Has Not Endorsed Tinubu, Osinbajo Or Any Candidate - Okorocha / Atiku Watching The Vice Presidential Debate From His Residence (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by CoolAmbience(m): 7:48am On Dec 15, 2018
Ideyontop:
I think Peter Obi is better.

He provided practical solutions to real problems and made some seemingly big challengies look small. I think the guy will do very well if given the opportunity ,which i think Atiku will, unlike bubu that has refused to give osiban any opportunity to do anything.

What practical solutions to real problems did he proffer: name them please.

What practical solutions did he put in place in Anambra state to address gully erosion / land degradation, manufacturing of substandard products, unregistered / illegal business operations etc.

He kept talking about Nigeria having the highest number of out-of-school children, poor people etc, without comparing figures with what obtained 10 - 16 years ago under PDP to drive home his point....instead he was emphasising on China. Is Nigeria China?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by Strangebuttrue(m): 7:49am On Dec 15, 2018
afroniger:
Any objective and unbiased person knows Osinbajo won that Debate. Peter Obi is a fluke and pretender. Osinbajo was by far better informed and more articulate than him. By far. Osinbajo had a better grasp of the issues while Obi was just jamtalking without making much sense. Obi failed at being specific about what PDP intends to do differently. All his China talk was just a smokescreen.
Mr unbiased Pele oo

1 Like

Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by Butoneday2(m): 7:50am On Dec 15, 2018
afroniger:
Any objective and unbiased person knows Osinbajo won that Debate. Peter Obi is a fluke and pretender. Osinbajo was by far better informed and more articulate than him. By far. Osinbajo had a better grasp of the issues while Obi was just jamtalking without making much sense. Obi failed at being specific about what PDP intends to do differently. All his China talk was just a smokescreen.
Shut up former pastor
Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by Moukandjo: 7:51am On Dec 15, 2018
Zieina:
But let's face it, this kind of judgment can never be fair on a forum like NL. We all know how desperate the igbos are and always will be. Anywhere they're sharing LIKES, igbos no dey carry last. They will always show up, turn up and never fckk up.

But in real time they lose. Take the case of ekiti and osun states. All the likes garnered for their candidates went down the pit with their noise making. Thing is, Yoruba is class. We don't loud it on faceless forums like NL. That's never our game.
I'm telling you! Na the dumb IPIGs & PDP sycophants full this site before na! Na only online them get power.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by Kkingbryant(m): 7:52am On Dec 15, 2018
Peter OBi nailed it...very practical, breaking down huge problems making it seems like rice n stew.
this is the kind of people we need in the presidency. OSinbajo was just blabing...i no blame am sha na lawyer him be...
#ATIKULATEDOBI

4 Likes

Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by tegrianonigltd(m): 7:57am On Dec 15, 2018
globemoney01:
Osibanjo won the debates for VP of Nigeria while Obi for VP of China.

Great wins for both

You go school ?
Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by Moukandjo: 7:58am On Dec 15, 2018
shanaka4u:
May be a good number of nairalanders did not watch the debate.in as much as I will not vote,I have never voted and I will never vote in this country, I think prof osibanjo was more specific and realistic than obi who atimes shine away from questions. kudos to them all shaaa.
That's Nairaland for you. Even if Obi didn't attend the debate, he'd still win the poll here on Nairaland because the major people here are the IPIGs & PDP sycophants!

2 Likes

Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by Amumaigwe: 7:59am On Dec 15, 2018
cosse:
ashamed "of" him.go sku u no go go,u prob didnt umlndastand yemis english,.no wonder a liar impressed

Physician, heal thyself first!
Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by Abolajihowells2: 7:59am On Dec 15, 2018
PYO all d way
Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:00am On Dec 15, 2018
afroniger:

Oh now I see, illiterates
Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by Amumaigwe: 8:01am On Dec 15, 2018
CoolAmbience:

What practical solutions to real problems did he proffer: name them please.

What practical solutions did he put in place in Anambra state to address gully erosion / land degradation, manufacturing of substandard products, unregistered / illegal business operations etc.

He kept talking about Nigeria having the highest number of out-of-school children, poor people etc, without comparing figures with what obtained 10 - 16 years ago under PDP to drive home his point....instead he was emphasising on China. Is Nigeria China?

But Nigeria collects loans from China. Why is the mention of China now irritate you?

3 Likes

Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by Babacele: 8:01am On Dec 15, 2018
Kkingbryant:
Peter OBi nailed it...very practical, breaking down huge problems making it seems like rice n stew.
this is the kind of people we need in the presidency. OSinbajo was just blabing...i no blame am sha na lawyer him be...
#ATIKULATEDOBI
and that is why he turned Anambra to eldorado in Nigeria while he held sway for 8 uninterrupted years with special access to Aso Rock during an oil boom era. You guys are jokers and we shall teach real politics once again come FeBuhari 2019.

3 Likes

Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by Johnolis(m): 8:01am On Dec 15, 2018
Obi clearly dusted everyone at the debate. It go so terrible for APC that a whole vice president and professor started stuttering. If only Obi was given more time, he would have mesmerized and finished Osibanjo. At the debate, obi had no paper or book whereas Osibanjo was fiddling through his gadgets for backup. Obi is the real deal. Say no to "next level" of hunger, boko haram, maladministration, nepotism, unemployment, lack of power. Nigerians have a say now and we have rejected APC.

6 Likes

Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by globemoney01: 8:02am On Dec 15, 2018
tegrianonigltd:

You go school ?
Yes oh. Not China school oh
Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by BubuZombi: 8:04am On Dec 15, 2018
ochejoseph:
Click Like to Vote For Mr Peter Obi Of the PDP

PDP always win on NL,

.Nigerians will still vite APC
So eat your likes for all I care, APC till2023

2 Likes

Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by fkj950ax(m): 8:04am On Dec 15, 2018
afroniger:
Any objective and unbiased person knows Osinbajo won that Debate. Peter Obi is a fluke and pretender.

I thought nobody else noticed this. At a point, I felt it was unnecessary to have PYO in the debate. He was just walking over everyone else.
PO was all smokes and mirror, no real substance. As a former governor, I was appalled when he riled the GON for over taxation, when it's the States and LGAs responsible. What is the value of Tax 90% of NL members ever paid to FG?
Subsidy issue was also badly responded to by PO. Yes, subsidy value exceeds Health and Education in the budget, but removing it and petrol going to N300/litre will make that N100k/mth salary an average Nigerian earns to be like used toilet paper.
PYO spoke from the POV of a player on a football pitch, while PO spoke like someone watching the match at home on TV. The realities are different.
PO idea of throwing statistics everywhere is just Ojuju Calabar Moves. Almost all those statistics from his Platform presentation are not real.

PS. I am for issue-based politicking and campaign. Not sentiments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by globemoney01: 8:04am On Dec 15, 2018
Johnolis:
Obi clearly dusted everyone at the debate. It go so terrible for APC that a whole vice president and professor started stuttering. If only Obi was given more time, he would have mesmerized and finished Osibanjo. At the debate, obi had no paper or book whereas Osibanjo was fiddling through his gadgets for backup. Obi is the real deal. Say no to "next level" of hunger, boko haram, maladministration, nepotism, unemployment, lack of power. Nigerians have a say now and we have rejected APC.
This one is asking for more time for Obi to waste our time with China and fake stats. With the level of disaster of this administration one would have expected Obi to have a clean sweep but he failed

1 Like

Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by bezimo(m): 8:06am On Dec 15, 2018
Decypher:
OBI won the debate.
But in In sane countries this two should be contesting for the president. These are the kind of people we need in the helm of affairs Not the dullard in aso rock who can't make a coherent sentence.

Spits

Real dunce dullard!!
Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by RTSC: 8:06am On Dec 15, 2018
tee4naija:
Peter Obi might be better than PYO because theory is always easier than practical.
One was a governor for 8 years and created visible changes with proof.
The first 8 term governor of anambra state since 1994.

Another was picked from obscurity to become a vice president with nothing to show.
He has not been tested at any previous public leadership strata.

Which of the following has the theoretical knowledge only?

2 Likes

Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by IamAtikulate: 8:06am On Dec 15, 2018
bluefilm:

You're right.

The terrible thing with these igbos is that on election day, most of them will not even go out to vote.

They will be watching Africa magic igbo or one or two English premier league games.

Only to come out when the results are announced and start disturbing the rest of us with their unending wailing.

Nonsense people. sad
This is the first time since 1983 that an Igbo is on the ballot. 6 million votes is sure for Atiku

2 Likes

Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by fkj950ax(m): 8:10am On Dec 15, 2018
IamAtikulate:

This is the first time since 1983 that an Igbo is on the ballot. 6 million votes is sure for Atiku

Going out to vote because an Igbo man is on the ballot is a wrong reason to vote.

Delivery has nothing to do with ethnicity.

1 Like

Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by fkj950ax(m): 8:11am On Dec 15, 2018
IamAtikulate:

Going out to vote because an Igbo man is on the ballot is a wrong reason to vote.

Delivery has nothing to do with ethnicity. If it was, why is the NE and entire North having the poorest Nigerians today?
Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by RTSC: 8:11am On Dec 15, 2018
If osibanjo had run as a governor and still remain as credible and relevant as Peter obi after everyrhing, then I would clap for him.

You can't just compare an upstart to someone who has being there and done that.

In Yoruba land, the only nationally credible Yoruba man that has being governor is fashola.
That is how testing the governorship is.

It has the capacity to test your integrity and ability for everybody to see.

Osibanjo was never tested like Peter obi. We don't know him.

1 Like

Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by walezy14(m): 8:11am On Dec 15, 2018
Truth be told that all facts and figures being detailed by Obi in respect of China, Malaysia, etc are not applicable to Nigeria because those countries are less corrupt. secondly, Obi was former governor of Anambra state and how many investors has he brought to his state? It is easier said than done theoretically but when he gets there he would know all his details on debate are non-implementable

1 Like

Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by RTSC: 8:18am On Dec 15, 2018
walezy14:
Truth be told that all facts and figures being detailed by Obi in respect of China, Malaysia, etc are not applicable to Nigeria because those countries are less corrupt. secondly, Obi was former governor of Anambra state and how many investors has he brought to his state? It is easier said than done theoretically but when he gets there he would know all his details on debate are non-implementable
Obi scaled down the cost of governance in anambra on an unprecedented scale.
Even your president has not been able to replicate that scale in his government.
He is still budgeting 78 million for barbing hair and has not sold the jets.
Those are things obi would get rid off,at the same time build the economy.

Malaysia, and China have similar destinies with Nigeria.
We started at the same time, we have the same developmental growth curve.

They are faster because they have better leaders.

4 Likes

Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by martinskelly(m): 8:22am On Dec 15, 2018
cosse:
ashamed "of" him.go sku u no go go,u prob didnt umlndastand yemis english,.no wonder a liar impressed
. Atleast the guy wrote complete sentences, why not correct him with complete sentences too, what is "SKU, UMLNDASTAND, PROB"...bros no dey do i too know OK!
Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by Psoul(m): 8:22am On Dec 15, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

I no get light...let those who did watch it and had electricity, comment and drop their likes; knowing fully full well that this debate doesn't change the fact they are baseless.

[img]https://i./3NpLR.gif[/img]
Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by siraj1402(m): 8:25am On Dec 15, 2018
There are 2 millions vehicles in Nigeria. PDPppppppppplp
Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by RTSC: 8:27am On Dec 15, 2018
The you- win program needs to brought back and repackaged.

N-power cannot grow the economy. SME is the major contributor to economic growth from China to Botswana.

Another candidate apart from obi, I feel has focused more on SME as an economic priority is moghalu.
Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by lexy2014: 8:31am On Dec 15, 2018
Moukandjo:

Which poor outing did Osinbajo have? Is it the same debate you're talking about? Or are you mistaking Osinbajo for Obi? You PDP sycophants will never cease to amaze us!

Obi that was lying throughout the debate & shamelessly complaining about NPA having an office in London when the satanic party he's contesting under are responsible for that!

Obi stated that 87 million Nigerians are unemployed, whereas even the total labour force population as at Q3 2017 was 85 million. Obi also stated that Nigeria's FDI in 2015 was $41bn but waa $12bn last year, when fact is that the total FDI was $1.4b in 2015. What manner of blatant & shameless lies are these

Am not a party follower so its easy 4 me 2c things without my sentimental lenses. are u trying 2 tell me it was PDP guys who were in d hall yester night hailing obi? Obi didn't say 87m Nigerians are unemployed. He said 87m Nigerians are poor.

We can't c FDI but we can c rice. Pls confirm if this statement from Osinbajo is true or false. It will help to answer ur last question.:

"97% of rice consumed by Nigerians is locally produced. Nigeria only imports 3% of d rice it consumes".
Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by Psoul(m): 8:32am On Dec 15, 2018
afroniger:

From the way you are talking here, u are not bn objective. U are glaringly biased and it was difficult for u to hide it. A neutral mind does not criticize the way u did.
Re: Who Won The Vice Presidential Debate: Yemi Osinbajo Or Peter Obi? VOTE HERE by SURElee(f): 8:37am On Dec 15, 2018
Why is Osinbajo representing Buhari at the presidential debate? Is it Osinbanjo that will lead the country should APC win again? This goes to show that Buhari is really a dullard from Daura, if not when you know what you are made off, you don't give your chance to shine to another fellow to represent you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Yeye Osun River Goddess Runs As Police Use Water Cannons On Protesters (Pics) / President Buhari And His Son In His Farm Today (Photos) / Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.