Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? (31381 Views)

Umahi: Anybody That Closes His Shop On Monday Should Forfeit The Shop / The South Should Rise Up Or Shut Up / Peter Obi Walked Through Awka And Shut It Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by bizzibodi(m): 8:28pm On Dec 16, 2018
imasong005:
My question is, with all the money that was generated by this agencies you just mentioned now, how has it benefited the common man on the streets of Nigeria. Is life much more better now.
Hav d "common men all died?life is survival of d fittest even USA has common man.
Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by chocolatelady(f): 8:29pm On Dec 16, 2018
exlink10:
Obi was right on this analogy while Osinbajo was very wrong. In fact, I'm disappointed that Osinbajo said shops should be closed to chase after thief. He is too learned to say that. Though most people will not second this but check me out here:

Will a parent starve his children because they want to save and build their own house so as to stop paying house rent?

Will residents in a street not find a way to channel water away from their street (if threatened by flood) instead of waiting for the government to build their road?

If you are sitting down with your luggage at the airport and someone rushed and pick one and run off, will you not secure the remaining before you start chasing after the person.

Lastly, why didn't Nigeria Movie Industry close shop in other to chase after thiefs? (Pirates)? This is jet age guys one need to keep up with things, take good measures to manage risks and unfortunately 78 or 90 years old man in Aso Rock can't do that.

Truth is this, Peter Obi said that analogy from the standpoint of an economist and a seasoned manager. Most of you may not know that this is actually a away to manage risks. Ask those who know a little about rist management.

I will also like to disclose that am not in support of either APC or PDP. This analogy is reality.

Theif came to your house and stole, first thing you need to do is to study how they did it, put measures so that it wont happen again and then chase after them and make sure they pay dearly.

Not closing your shop and chasing after them. All other thing will become halted. That is a lame way to manage risk.

In case you don't understand anything above, let me explain in a lay man's term:

Imagine Nigeria as a giant company owned by an individual or group of individuals, are you saying the company should shut its doors because thief looted their goods or resources?

thats lame guys, because they will loose all their customers, goods and more and more resources. this is what is happening in Nigeria today.
Can u answer this question, did Nigerian as a shop closed? FIRS have remitted 5.3 trillion when the year has not even ended. JAMB remitting 7.3billion, highest compared to what was remitted during PDP rule of 16yrs put together. Even Customs and other agencies are remitting more than they did during PDP reign put together. How can u close shop and made this kind of sales. Pls PDP should argue with their senses if they have one abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by bizzibodi(m): 8:29pm On Dec 16, 2018
helinues:

That is the money they are using for the roads, railways, paying pensions, Trader moni, N power. Direct benefits to the masses
Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by bizzibodi(m): 8:33pm On Dec 16, 2018
ncoolsome:
Even Jesus said if he has 100 sheep's and one goes missing he would leave the 99 and go after the one missing..
Gbam!
Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by IMASTEX: 8:34pm On Dec 16, 2018
magoo10:
how can the looters be there every day when you are the ones in power controlling the economic affairs of the country ?
Does that not expose incompetency?

These people have nothing to offer they have only come to occupy space.
I wonder if there were not looters under different successive governments. Yet with something substantial to show for governance. There is no system in the world that is totally free from one forms of corruption or the other. You only work to minimize it to the barest level. Even in the current administration, looting are going on, those involved are known, yet nothing is happening. Failed nation!
Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by phanshark(m): 8:35pm On Dec 16, 2018
[quote author=XplicitDOW post=73860009][b]if u continue to remain in d shop and not chase d thieves one day u will come and find an empty shop

they can only steal when you're not in the shop. so,stay in ur shop,protect and make ur money. "dummy apc"
Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by bizzibodi(m): 8:35pm On Dec 16, 2018
emmayoc:
The problem I have with this buhari APC supporters us that most of them are hypocrites. Can they just be truthful to their conscience for once and stop all this bias judgements. I am asking u buhari supporters, can u truly close down ur source of income and livelihood to start chasing thieves? Can't u continue to make money and them plan on security measures? Don't u knw that if u don't meet the need of ur customers just once u stand the risk of loosing them? Like seriously, we have a fundamental problem in this country if people can lie even to their conscience. What is all this!
Bros,use your medulla...no shop was closed in reality.
Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by Emann1000(m): 8:36pm On Dec 16, 2018
You lock up shop to pursue certain criminals.. Forgetting your neighbors might be criminals and break into your shop... Other criminals can also make use of the opportunity...

For yike's sake.. Leave pursuing job for dogs and face your own business!!
Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by uridadole: 8:44pm On Dec 16, 2018
magoo10:
the thieves cannot be there always to steal from your shop

How about employing security operatives to guide your shop, in this case employ forensic experts .

The question remains how do you close shop to run after thieves when there is a lot of money to be made in solving day to day economic problems? Obi made a valid point there and osibanjo merely replied in the most childish manner, he should have just kept quiet.

Running a business or economy is not same with studying law.

Every one judges the analogy in away that suits his political bias.
I think economy is being planned in all aspect and I doubt if any sector is halted as a results of fight against corruption.

Osibanjo made a valid point and obi was childish in my opinion.
Can IGbos count how many times thieves are pursued, caught and beaten or even killed in aba or Onitsha? Were the traders sitting in their shops to catch the thieves?
We are talking of setting deterrent obi was busy saying thing politically without a hoot about reality.

Osibanjo was more realistic. Obi was more political.

1 Like

Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by erico2k2(m): 8:47pm On Dec 16, 2018
Privettoall:

Start with the reference Peter Obi made. The starting point is first to eradicate them all. Kill them all first. And if we really probe the matter well, that Peter Obi himself will be among the first to face capital punishment. He is not innocent. They are all corrupt. So, he can never support capital punishment for corrupt people. Even, he will not support jail term. He is just saying what will make you vote for him to embezle again. Open your eyes.

As regards the western whatever you mentioned, let me use cancer treatment to explain it. When cancer is at its early stage like a tumor, you can even do 1 million things at the same time without much stress cos of the tumor. But when it reaches "stage 99" like Naija's own, the only remedy is nothing else. Even before it reaches the stage, doctors remove tissues and cells via surgery. Even some good tissues are scrapped off. Where does the patient stay? No choice but focus on killing that cancer; else, it will kill the patient. And the patient remembers his God that time. Lol.

My guy, corruption is a deadly cancer. The last person you expect to act abnormal will do. To the extent that youths do not want to do legitimate work again. See, that cancer is affecting even the hardworking type. Às long as you are Naija, you are a suspect. I really think you have not moved out of this country yet. When you do, you will bury your head in shame. Forget, the Peter Obi that is making mouth. WAs he not the one sharing money during an election in one video. PDP and APC are both nonsense parties. It is your future you are toying with by buying into the gabbages they are feeding you. I wish you well
To the bolded, wrong thinking,you should search people's past post to determine if your assumptions fit their narratives.
U said Cancer. now does the person who is sick shut down ?you fight cancer till the end.There is corruption worldwide, it canot be eradicated rather limited.
Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by erico2k2(m): 8:48pm On Dec 16, 2018
bizzibodi:

ahahahah MayB the guy get SHOP true true, nor blame am grin grin grin

Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by knowledgeable: 8:49pm On Dec 16, 2018
Tetehjewels:

Typical of Atiku zombies to run away from the issues surrounding how their failed party led us to a near abyss from their 16 years of lootocratic government.

Osinbajo and Buhari are a pair. The reason why you have a president and a vice and other functional agencies is so that business would continue irrespective of the absence of any of them.

You cannot keep pouring water into a leaking basket (economy) When will the basket ever fill up?

The wise thing to do is locate the leakages while pouring the water and start blocking them. After all its still the same water that reveals where the leakages are. WATER IN THIS CONTEST IS OUR FINANCES AS A NATION.

Buhari has largely blocked a lot of leakages while still keeping the shop open.

Obi was terribly wrong and off point which is a trademark of PDP when it comes to spinning truth and turning it on its head.

He claimed Buhari closed shop to chase after looters and that is totally a lie. If he did close shop then no ministry bringing revenue to the nation would be functional but we can see all of them more functional than ever with record breaking revenues coming from them.

Stop being a PDP liar and supporter of lie loaded propaganda and for once use that thing in that coconut on your neck

Typical Yoruba/APC logic. This is the the kind of reasoning that have brought Nigeria to her knees.

Obi is being a little bit diplomatic here. In reality, APC is entrenching corruption. Nigerian corruption is structural, foundational and therefore endemic. When you're focus on fighting corruption is political and selective/biased based on party affiliation, ethnicity, religion and regional, you are only entrenching the dysfunctional structure in which Nigerian corruption is rooted in. Don't blame PDP last administration because Nigerians elected APC precisely to correct the PDP anomalies, but they have failed abysmally.

1 Like

Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by magoo10(m): 8:53pm On Dec 16, 2018
uridadole:

[s]
Every one judges the analogy in away that suits his political bias.
I think economy is being planned in all aspect and I doubt if any sector is halted as a results of fight against corruption.

Osibanjo made a valid point and obi was childish in my opinion.
Can IGbos count how many times thieves are pursued, caught and beaten or even killed in aba or Onitsha? Were the traders sitting in their shops to catch the thieves?
We are talking of setting deterrent obi was busy saying thing politically without a hoot about reality.

Osibanjo was more realistic. Obi was more political.[/s]

1 Like

Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by bizzibodi(m): 8:55pm On Dec 16, 2018
Osinbajo was right even all banks on a street close shops if one of the was robbed.if u doubt ask Offa people.
Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by bizzibodi(m): 8:58pm On Dec 16, 2018
If only Dasuki enter that shop...not to talk of Atiku,obi,Saraki,metuh,Jonathan,dieziani,fkk.....hmm,there will be no shop in existence again. Who has that PDP looting cbn cartoon shld pls help me.
Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by jadyclem(m): 9:05pm On Dec 16, 2018
XplicitDOW:
if u continue to remain in d shop and not chase d thieves one day u will come and find an empty shop

a little injury at knee can wen not treated and left alone may lead to amputation

a farmer who notice a sign of symptoms of a disease in one plant n overlooks it will one day lose its farm to d disease

a shepherd with his flocks who was attacked by a predator and do not chase after it n kill it one day will lose his flocks to d predator

the problem of pdp is dat they always don't look at future implications n dat wat brot us into dis menace

if u know u know

Your response has no logic like vp osinbajo's response. So should thief come to your shop to steal some items, you would close the shop and start going after the thieves? No wonder Nigeria is the way it is! What happens to putting measures in place to prevent such from reoccurring and also securing you shop so that should the thieves come again or a new set of thieves come you would easily catch them? Osinbajo's clap back to peter obi statelnet on corruption was a complete BS

1 Like

Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by izuvin(m): 9:20pm On Dec 16, 2018
helinues:
You guys are misinterpreting Osibanjo. What he meant was Apc government didn't close the shop instead they installed/implemented security measures to watch over the shop ( TSA, BVN).
JAMB remitted only N50million naira for good seven years 2010-2016. In 2017 only, JAMB remitted N7.8bn

JAMB, Customs, Immigration, FIRS have all had 100% increase in revenue in the last 3 years. Their shops have not closed instead boomerang.

Pdp shop was looted for good 16 years without considering of doing something about it. Nigerians got tired of their clueness and kicked them out of the shop for a good manager

Buhari didn't introduce TSA and BVN, these were introduced by d past administration. Revisit ur Google .

1 Like

Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by Paulezeh: 9:22pm On Dec 16, 2018
Peter Obi kept on saying ; if right thing is done, if right thing is done. What is that right thing to be done. He never say the right thing to be done. He is comparing Nigeria with China. How can you compare death and sleep. Your party ruled Nigeria for 16yrs without any infrastructure to boast of and you have mouth to talk of job creation. When you have infrastructural deficit, how can you creat jobs. Even workers, you people did not pay. Buhari government has successfully paid backlogs of salaries. Airways workers, biafran war veterans etc have been paid. How do you think you will beat buhari in this elections. It is like a camel passing through the eye of a needle. You know how to cry more than the bereaved. Pdp only knows how to make loud voice. Empty vessel makes the loudest noise. Let me tell you, the real voters are not in social media. Southerners are more in social media, that's why your voice is loudest. As we approach February, let's see how many Okada people will be in Lagos. I'm sorry for you pdp till next 16yrs.

1 Like

Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by izuvin(m): 9:22pm On Dec 16, 2018
bizzibodi:
If only Dasuki enter that shop...not to talk of Atiku,obi,Saraki,metuh,Jonathan,dieziani,fkk.....hmm,there will be no shop in existence again. Who has that PDP looting cbn cartoon shld pls help me.
95% of this administration was in PDP. Who is deceiving who

1 Like

Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by Jasper123G: 9:26pm On Dec 16, 2018
Afamed:

Stop contradicting yourself and Obi. Obi never gave any measures to combat the thieves. That was why everyone laughed at his submission yesterday. You can't keep open your shops for looters while your inventory is stolen 24hrs , eventually there will be no shops one day
watch the video again OK
Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by martinskelly(m): 9:27pm On Dec 16, 2018
bizzibodi:

He was no talking about shop been closed in reality either, He was only emphasising on the peter/osibanjo illustration.

My brother this people(politicians) are the same, just recycling themselves to suit their self centered ambiguities with vague promises.
Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by abbeyfel: 9:31pm On Dec 16, 2018
naijaseeker:

For clarity, TSA and BVN are Ngozi Okonjo Iweala's brainchild under Jonathan.

APC government is simply a propaganda machinery. For clarity and understanding on the fight against corruption, see the videos of Datti Baba Ahmed below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNQvnYpAOk4

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx7mg_322d4

Fight against corruption should be systematic, pragmatic and sustained. Immediately Buhari started with the concept that he and certain other people are above corruption, I knew we have lost the fight before it started. Everybody has the potential to be corrupt. EFCC, ICPC, DSS, President, etc.

A sincere and realistic fight against corruption will systematically identify what is corruption. There will not be room for assumptions. Are we fighting mere stealing, embezzlement, bribery, extortion, systematic and legally supported public fund mismanagement, use of security vote, improper award of contracts, improper and unfair allocation of public funds. Police extortion, improper subsidization of government workers etc.

Then identify the different institutions to fight it. Police will fight under the Criminal code. EFCC under its law, customs under its laws, the judiciary etc. Then develop an administrative command for coordination and liaison. This is to avoid arresting judges and declaring that corruption is a state security issue. That is also another form of corruption. Administrative harassment of judges. The assumption here is DSS are saints but judges can be corrupt. ( I laugh).

The pragmatic analysis is Buhari inherited various agencies and non was his brain child. He failed to analysis and synchronize them in order to know those to stop, new ones to start and how to maintain synthesis.

At the end of the day, he depended on public goodwill of his sainthood but the reality is, he is human, we are human and we are Nigerians. So what do we have, a Maina, Babachir Lawal, an EFCC vs DSS show of relevance and the money is still missing. This created a situation where nothing changed and people from South especially SS and SE are heavily disenfranchised and disenchanted. He told them the 97:5 ratio by the way.

So where exactly is the fight against corruption. Why is the shop still closed?
Nothing makes sense than this. walahi! You are well learned fella! Bright mind spotted.

2 Likes

Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by Soteriahascome: 9:34pm On Dec 16, 2018
YOU'RE TRAINED TO DO BUSINESS,
THEREFORE, STAY IN YOUR SHOP
THOSE TRAINED AND EQUIPPED TO CHASE CRIMINALS WILL DO BETTER
Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by bizzibodi(m): 9:35pm On Dec 16, 2018
izuvin:

95% of this administration was in PDP. Who is deceiving who
Mention them,let us all know.
Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by bajosky: 9:41pm On Dec 16, 2018
Shameless APC =All Promises Cancelled (APC) which promised change but now always blaming PDP for their incompetence

Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by chiedozie198100: 9:47pm On Dec 16, 2018
nokatakata:

how do you keep a shop running when thieves are constantly robbing you? do you people have any common sense at all. All these your two by two shop you manage is always deceiving you. make money for thieves and keep it for them to come take. how the phuck will you even have customers when your customers know they might lose their money to thieves if they come near your shop.

with this ur comment, you still wonder why the IGBOs will always remain the king of commerce in Nigeria?
peter obi just taught Nigerians commerce 101- introduction to basic COMMERCE.

U don't close ur shop cause of theft, you keep ur business running while u protect ur goods from further theft.

1 Like

Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by sassiemyk: 9:53pm On Dec 16, 2018
XplicitDOW:
if u continue to remain in d shop and not chase d thieves one day u will come and find an empty shop

a little injury at knee can wen not treated and left alone may lead to amputation

a farmer who notice a sign of symptoms of a disease in one plant n overlooks it will one day lose its farm to d disease

a shepherd with his flocks who was attacked by a predator and do not chase after it n kill it one day will lose his flocks to d predator

the problem of pdp is dat they always don't look at future implications n dat wat brot us into dis menace

if u know u know

Sincerely your IQ is -0/10. No insults intended but ur analogy just said it all. How backward can a reasoning get? U dump ur flock and chase after the lion that ate one abi? Politics have totally damaged ur thinking process.

1 Like

Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by Bimpe29: 10:00pm On Dec 16, 2018
Obi was very right in all sense of the fight against corruption.

1 Like

Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by zoedew: 10:02pm On Dec 16, 2018
XplicitDOW:

if u know u know

And who says the money monger will be alive to witness an empty shop? The thieves would have killed him while looting his shop! Most illogical! Clearly NEXT MALLS are best avoided and not patronised for the simple reason that the owner (Peter Obi) places more premium on keeping his shop open than locking customers in the event of an armed or terror attack! The debate unlocked the money monger chained to he persona of Peter Obi. Atiku with Peter Obi will keep our Treasury open until there is nothing left for thieves to steal!
Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by zoedew: 10:03pm On Dec 16, 2018
bizzibodi:

Mention them,let us all know.

When the thing speaks for itself! If you don’t know then you don’t know!!
Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by nokatakata: 10:14pm On Dec 16, 2018
chiedozie198100:

with this ur comment, you still wonder why the IGBOs will always remain the king of commerce in Nigeria?
peter obi just taught Nigerians commerce 101- introduction to basic COMMERCE.

U don't close ur shop cause of theft, you keep ur business running while u protect ur goods from further theft.

Igbos are king of commerce in your dreams. Two by two shop is king of commerce. Continue to deceive yourselves. You can protect your goods to when you get shot by the thieves.
Re: Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? by chiedozie198100: 10:15pm On Dec 16, 2018
nokatakata:

how do you keep a shop running when thieves are constantly robbing you? do you people have any common sense at all. All these your two by two shop you manage is always deceiving you. make money for thieves and keep it for them to come take. how the phuck will you even have customers when your customers know they might lose their money to thieves if they come near your shop.

and for u BMC guys to indirectly justify Buhari's total neglect of the economy all in the name of fighting corruption, shows that u don't know the very precarious situation he has put us in.
and that is quite unfortunate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Reacts To President Buhari Absence From The Presidential Debate / Dokpesi Returns To Detention As Court Defers Bail Ruling / Saraki And Ekweremadu Granted Conditional Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.