Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

General Kills Kidnapper - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Kills Kidnapper (8346 Views)

Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) / Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank / Most Wanted Kidnapper In Delta State Is A PhD Holder — Commissioner Of Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Kills Kidnapper by BankyC1: 11:59am On Aug 04, 2010
O boy dat general na Rambo.lol i got 2 get me a glock 9mm,so i can shoot sum murra fukin kidnappers, and cops too. grin
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by tobaina: 12:05pm On Aug 04, 2010
tshew!!! wat a waste, he isnt even pro,
thank God he is alive

1 Like

Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Jakumo(m): 12:10pm On Aug 04, 2010
Okija_juju:

I also wondered why myself!!

At such close range, a clear shot to the head would have solved the matter, disposses him (the kidnapper) of his weapon and hand it to his orderly. I would have been more impressed if he had downed atleast 3 of them, considering he should have had professional weapons training, close quarter hand-to-hand combat experience, and live war combat experience.

This is a sad story for a veteran soldier. Six shots and only one body to show for it. Waste of bullets if you ask me.  angry

Ha ha ha The Monday morning quarterbacks and armchair video warriors are in full cry here.  Better stick to human sacrifice, Okija, because you clearly have no idea how challenging it is to place accurate shots from a puny pea-shooter, at multiple aggressors who are bobbing and weaving while loosing off volleys of auto fire at an intended victim that also has to contend with being cramped inside a car full of non-targets.   You must be a real champ with that Sony Playstation, fer sure, but those kiddie frolics are a far cry from reality.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Notfree: 12:12pm On Aug 04, 2010
"He thought I was a civilian and immediately he let his hands off the trigger, I pumped the whole six rounds into his chest,” Mr. Okoloagu said.
These r the words of a real general. Not some big ass,fat tommy sugar daddy claiming to be retired general.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Fiscabally(m): 12:14pm On Aug 04, 2010
Sharp guy@mobinga,
i always gat my .45mm wit me.I send?
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by yiboboy: 12:16pm On Aug 04, 2010
Lame-ass biafran vet, he prolly got only one shot at target!!! angry cheesy tongue nansense!!! tongue
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by KnowAll(m): 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2010
[size=14pt]We should have Bounty hunter’s in Nigeria. For every armed robber and kidnapper you gun down you get a handsome a pay cheque.

Since our police are almost always running the opposite direction when these marauder’s are operating, bounty hunters I am sure would be running towards the action as No action-No pay cheque and subsequently pikin and wife no go chop.[/size]
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Ultrame(m): 12:26pm On Aug 04, 2010
yiboboy:

Lame-backside biafran vet, he prolly got only one shot at target!!! angry cheesy tongue nansense!!! tongue

^^^^
ROFLMAO
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 04, 2010
yiboboy:

Lame-backside biafran vet, he prolly got only one shot at target!!! angry cheesy tongue nansense!!! tongue
yeah. . .you got that.biafran soldiers are shiot,reason why they couldnt fight the nigeria army.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Okijajuju1(m): 12:47pm On Aug 04, 2010
Jakumo:

Ha ha ha The Monday morning quarterbacks and armchair video warriors are in full cry here.  Better stick to human sacrifice, Okija, because you clearly have no idea how challenging it is to place accurate shots from a puny pea-shooter, at multiple aggressors who are bobbing and weaving while loosing off volleys of auto fire at an intended victim that also has to contend with being cramped inside a car full of non-targets.   You must be a real champ with that Sony Playstation, fer sure, but that chit is a far cry from reality.

Nice one with the Playstation pun!! I liked it.

Now again, lets review the post.

Speaking from his hospital bed, Mr Okoloagu said he surprised one of the suspected kidnappers who had come to drag him out of his car when he drew his pistol and fired the bullets at him.

One suspect came to pull him out of the car, prolly whilst the others were busy shooting sporadically into the air to scare passer-by's away. Please note the highlighted word; SURPRISE

He said that the kidnappers, after blocking his vehicle, started firing into the air while one of the armed hoodlums demobilised his vehicle by blasting the four tyres. The Enugu State born former officer said as one of them subsequently came to drag him out of his car.

You would notice that I highlighted shooting into the air. At this point, a good soldier carrying a 6 shot Colt-45 would have had ample time to pull out his weapon, take position and fired. Oopss!! My bad, I'm in Playstation mode again

“He thought I was a civilian and immediately he let his hands off the trigger, I pumped the whole six rounds into his chest,” Mr. Okoloagu said.

I'm sure this also gives our friend a clear shot at this mans skull or a straight one through his heart. I guess "Medal of Honour" has messed up my mind.

The thing here is we are not talking bout a civilian. This is a Nigerian Army veteran. Trained to handle, assemble and disassemble weapons. Trained to keep his cool in a war situation. Yes I know that the back of his vehicle was a confined space and all, but he had the element of surprise on his side and it wasnt as if he was carrying an AK-47 rifle or anything that big. These kidnappers considered him a civilian. A soldier like himself would prolly have had combat experience in one of the ECOMOG peace keeping tours, so a hostile scenario like that shouldnt have thrown him off his guard like that.
Moreover, a soldier had to fire six shots from his revolver, at an assailant , at close range to bring him down isnt that impressive at all. If those kidnappers had any training at all, he would be a dead man.

Sorry bruv!! Playstation and action movies tend to mess with the mind atimes.  wink
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 04, 2010
Interesting. . .i'm beginning to suspect you.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Okijajuju1(m): 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2010
hu!!
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Ignatio(m): 1:20pm On Aug 04, 2010
General Rambo. Expended six bullets only in one person. He's lucky that the kidnappers are lily-liverd.

1 Like

Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Jakumo(m): 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2010
In the absence of a video action replay of that ambush and the ensuing gunfight, Okija, and bearing in mind nobody in this discussion has yet claimed to be an eyewitness to the encounter, I will just raise my glass in salute to the bravery and calm response under fire displayed by that old soldier.

As the old saying goes, any firefight that one walks away from had a favorable outcome.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Acidosis(m): 1:23pm On Aug 04, 2010
6 bullets for 1 criminal?? Thank God He (major) survived
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Okijajuju1(m): 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2010
Jakumo:

In the absence of a video action replay of that ambush and the ensuing gunfight, Okija, and bearing in mind nobody in this discussion has yet claimed to be an eyewitness to the encounter, I will just raise my glass in salute to the bravery and calm response under fire displayed by that old soldier.

As the old saying goes, any firefight that one walks away from had a favorable outcome.

I'm gonna join you in that drink cos its alcohol, but as for the talk of bravery and calm response, Hmm!! Lets disagree to agree on that one.

**Cheers**
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Jakumo(m): 2:08pm On Aug 04, 2010
All is well, Okija, but please change that screen name of yours, for it gives me nightmares.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Okijajuju1(m): 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2010
lol grin
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Parnassuss(m): 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2010
@Okija, i hope to God, and I'll put this in prayers that you have a close up chance to put you advice into practice. I assure you you'll die like the pig you are. Mouthing off at an Officer of the NA, a General for that matter, you bloody runt bastardized cuntt. bleep you and your linage you fool. If i ever see you, you will beg i promise that on my life you fuckshead.
@Jakumo, I know the Gen, I know his kids and family. He is vibrant and active man, albeit talkative but he is a man of integrity and grit. Besides he was in the Army Legal Services, not Spcl Ops. These know-all's just make me so made, but thanks for sensible contributions.
@Okija, beta have the proper juju when we meet. You go need am.

1 Like

Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Edotensei(m): 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2010
6 bullets 1 dead undecided
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by buzugee(m): 3:27pm On Aug 04, 2010
I DONE ALREADY TOLD YOU GUYS. some of you thought i was crazy. if you dont own an assualt rifle in nigeria, you need to relocate to a more stable country. me myself, i will have an arsenal of weapons. until then ? i no dey near nigeria. i no wan become victim for my own country
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Ignatio(m): 3:37pm On Aug 04, 2010
I'm getting my own piece.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by cgift(m): 3:53pm On Aug 04, 2010
Parnassuss:

@Okija, i hope to God, and I'll put this in prayers that you have a close up chance to put you advice into practice. I assure you you'll die like the pig you are. Mouthing off at an Officer of the NA, a General for that matter, you bloody runt bastardized cuntt. bleep you and your linage you fool. If i ever see you, you will beg i promise that on my life you fuckshead.
@Jakumo, I know the Gen, I know his kids and family. He is vibrant and active man, albeit talkative but he is a man of integrity and grit. Besides he was in the Army Legal Services, not Spcl Ops. These know-all's just make me so made, but thanks for sensible contributions.
@Okija, beta have the proper juju when we meet. You go need am. 

Okija don annoy you be dat o. you dey really vex.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Ranoscky(m): 4:05pm On Aug 04, 2010
Part 2 of d movie "B 13"
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by kabukabu(m): 4:14pm On Aug 04, 2010
Acidosis:

6 bullets for 1 criminal?? Thank God He (major) survived

6 bullets for one person is not an over kill, obviously many of you don't have small arms self defense training,you shoot till there is no more threat,the body has to be motionless completely,remember the robber also had a gun. grin grin.

It doesn't make sense to shoot someone to keep them alive shocked shocked, more court wahala.dead men don't tell stories.

I will keep saying this,all Nigerians over 25 should be allowed to buy guns,heck make it expensive,but make it possible.So if cultists decide to rampage on campus,other students can defend themselves,same goes for homeowners,traders travelling with large sums of money,heck even young women who get attacked by rapists can have a choice, be a victim or stop a violent attacker.

OGive me freedom and liberty to defend myself or give me death.

I have been on the receiving end of a gun in Naija, but never again.I choose when I go not some bloody murderer.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by btlasisi(m): 4:15pm On Aug 04, 2010
Kudos General, i hope those son of a bitch would have learnt their lessons now.

I love the no retreat no surrender spirit in you
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by cystein(m): 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2010
Posted by Robin Hood on Aug 03 2010

Nice one General but I think 6 bullets on 1 man was overkill and not smart in the light of circumstances. You could have slugged him with 2 and 1 foreach of his other colleagues who would not be execting it. That is why you and your orderly were shot at. Anyways big Ups.  

One thing you guys mus understand. That is a "General"  Most of these guys don't train on what we term as combat. He used his chances but the calculation options were poor based on reflex.  In such conditions, one is advised to make each bullet count. Strike one, and take cover. Fire two at random to cause confusion while seeking another target called the Clock rotor, Meaning one that would cause a retreat.

I am sure many of you would panic to even draw a gun under such because they have the willpower to spray at will.

Lets applaud the old man though for a good job well done as while i was at bootcamp, none of my seniors ever fired a gun on a serious occasion.

Big up Oga!
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by buzugee(m): 4:31pm On Aug 04, 2010
kabukabu:

6 bullets for one person is not an over kill, obviously many of you don't have small arms self defense training,you shoot till there is no more threat,the body has to be motionless completely,remember the robber also had a gun. grin grin.

It doesn't make sense to shoot someone to keep them alive shocked shocked, more court wahala.dead men don't tell stories.

I will keep saying this,all Nigerians over 25 should be allowed to buy guns,heck make it expensive,but make it possible.So if cultists decide to rampage on campus,other students can defend themselves,same goes for homeowners,traders travelling with large sums of money,heck even young women who get attacked by rapists can have a choice, be a victim or stop a violent attacker.

OGive me freedom and liberty to defend myself or give me death.

I have been on the receiving end of a gun in Naija, but never again.I choose when I go not some bloody murderer.

actually all of that is unnecessary. no need to waste all your bullets on one person when there are other threats. you have to know where to shoot that will destabilize and fell the person instantly. always aim for the 4th or 5th or 6th intercostal space and midclavicular line. this is the location of the left ventricle. the left ventricle pumps blood to the whole body. once you smash the left ventricle, the guy is a goner. in lay mans terms and for the unenlightened in anatomy, aim for the LEFT NIIPPLE. the left ventricle is around there. ( i know i spelt niiple wrong but nairaland keeps changing it to something else because it thinks it is a bad word. so i am trying to trick the nairaland system with a different spelling)

1 Like

Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 04, 2010
yiboboy:

Neptunz:

yeah. . .you got that.biafran soldiers are shiot,reason why they couldnt fight the nigeria army.

most u both think with ur D*I*C*Ks, why dont u stick to topic and avoid all this tribalism stuff? undecided
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by OMAALE(m): 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin
Me I wonder why dem no go allow Nigerians hold guns, I for dey shoot the hell out of that BLACK people since!!!!!
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by kabukabu(m): 7:16pm On Aug 04, 2010
buzugee:

actually all of that is unnecessary. no need to waste all your bullets on one person when there are other threats. you have to know where to shoot that will destabilize and fell the person instantly. always aim for the 4th or 5th or 6th intercostal space and midclavicular line. this is the location of the left ventricle. the left ventricle pumps blood to the whole body. once you smash the left ventricle, the guy is a goner. in lay mans terms and for the unenlightened in anatomy, aim for the LEFT NIIPPLE. the left ventricle is around there. ( i know i spelt niiple wrong but nairaland keeps changing it to something else because it thinks it is a bad word. so i am trying to trick the nairaland system with a different spelling)

Well first thing to note here is there are many variables in any situation like this,the bad guy many be heavier,he may have on multiple layers of clothing,he may be on drugs,what caliber bullets you have,how powerful your firearm is,what angle he is approaching from even in the military you trian to hit mass first,with as much force as is required.

He was in a do or die situation na dhe had to react with force so pumping six pullets into a dangerous threat is justified.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 04, 2010
Defly all these IDIOTS trying to tribalize this topic are real idiots, but am proud, because he comes from the BRAVE side of NIGERIA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! / Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU / EFCC Gathers Fresh Evidence Against Patience Jonathan's Cousin..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.