Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

General Kills Kidnapper - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Kills Kidnapper (8357 Views)

Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) / Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank / Most Wanted Kidnapper In Delta State Is A PhD Holder — Commissioner Of Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

General Kills Kidnapper by Chxta(m): 6:37pm On Aug 03, 2010
A gang of suspected gun-toting kidnapers, who have been kidnapping people unchallenged, by merely shooting into the air and scaring both police and passersby alike, received a rude shock yesterday as their targeted victim, turned out to be a retired general, shot dead one of the gang members.

JOJ Okoloagu, a retired general, was ambushed by a gang of armed kidnappers at the Alaoji area of Aba, on his way to Port Harcourt in company with his orderly and the driver.

Speaking from his hospital bed, Mr Okoloagu said he surprised one of the suspected kidnappers who had come to drag him out of his car when he drew his pistol and fired the bullets at him.

He said that the kidnappers, after blocking his vehicle, started firing into the air while one of the armed hoodlums demobilised his vehicle by blasting the four tyres. The Enugu State born former officer said as one of them subsequently came to drag him out of his car.

“He thought I was a civilian and immediately he let his hands off the trigger, I pumped the whole six rounds into his chest,” Mr. Okoloagu said.

He was also shot and wounded by the startled gang, along with his orderly who was shot in the hand.

Sensing that their mission was a failed one, with one of them down, the gang subsequently fled after commandeering a vehicle which they used to carry away their slain colleague.

Mr. Okoloagu said he managed to escape into the bush with his orderly in the confusion that followed, but regretted that his driver was critically wounded and is now in coma at a hospital.

He called on the federal government to get soldiers involved in arresting the insecurity by rehabilitating abandoned army barracks in the Southeast zone. The Abia state police command’s spokesperson, Ali Okechukwu said he can not immediately confirm the incident

Source

A gang of kidnappers received a huge shock as their target shot and killed one them.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by chiozor: 6:39pm On Aug 03, 2010
good one grin
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by EzeUche22(m): 6:43pm On Aug 03, 2010
Very nice! cheesy
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Jakumo(m): 6:59pm On Aug 03, 2010
This incident demonstrates eloquently that the right to carry concealed handguns MUST be extended to ALL Nigerian civilians who have no criminal record,  rather than just serving or retired military officers.   With kidnappers and highway bandits aware that ALL vehicles might contain people packing heat, the instances of brazen car jackings and road ambushes will drop dramatically.

The general did an admirable job of dispatching that vermin with what must have been a 6-shot revolver, but he should consider upgrading his sidearm to a Baretta semi-auto model 98 FS, which holds a 15-round magazine that would have served him far better in that ambush.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by desgiezd(m): 7:00pm On Aug 03, 2010
I love this sentence:
He thought I was a civilian and immediately he let his hands off the trigger, I pumped the whole six rounds into his chest

The guy definitely got far more than he bargained for.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 03, 2010
Nice cool
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by 4Play(m): 7:24pm On Aug 03, 2010
See a comment from someone who has watched too many movies
Posted by Robin Hood on Aug 03 2010

Nice one General but I think 6 bullets on 1 man was overkill and not smart in the light of circumstances. You could have slugged him with 2 and 1 foreach of his other colleagues who would not be execting it. That is why you and your orderly were shot at. Anyways big Ups.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by snowdrops(m): 8:03pm On Aug 03, 2010
hope they would not reinforce and strike back.

good on the general though
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by philip0906(m): 8:21pm On Aug 03, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Think its high time guns r legalised in this sick country undecided
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by EzeUche22(m): 8:23pm On Aug 03, 2010
Legalize guns!

The criminals have the guns, why not allow the common people have guns? What is worse is that I fear the police more than these kidnappers. So if Nigerian police try to rob, I can blast him to kingdom come.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Mobinga: 8:28pm On Aug 03, 2010
Legal or Not Legal. I got my .9 tucked in my boots, to blast MawPhuckers
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by hardywaltz(m): 8:29pm On Aug 03, 2010
Aba people una no dey rest!!!
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by udezue(m): 8:50pm On Aug 03, 2010
Beautiful!!!! grin
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by slap1(m): 9:53pm On Aug 03, 2010
hardywaltz:

Aba people una no dey rest!!!
Go to bed!
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by jumobi1(m): 10:14pm On Aug 03, 2010
Jakumo:

This incident demonstrates eloquently that the right to carry concealed handguns MUST be extended to ALL Nigerian civilians who have no criminal record,  rather than just serving or retired military officers.   With kidnappers and highway bandits aware that ALL vehicles might contain people packing heat, the instances of brazen car jackings and road ambushes will drop dramatically.

The general did an admirable job of dispatching that vermin with what must have been a 6-shot revolver, but he should consider upgrading his sidearm to a Baretta semi-auto model 98 FS, which holds a 15-round magazine that would have served him far better in that ambush.

People with criminal records were once without criminal records. And who is keeping criminal record in 9ja when u can buy a new passport everyday.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by jumobi1(m): 10:15pm On Aug 03, 2010
Imagine if he didn't kill the guy, we might have gotten a confession and perhaps smoked out bigger Kote.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by AkinEgba: 10:31pm On Aug 03, 2010
Looks like the gun used was not that of the general but the killed kidnapper
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by obailala(m): 11:07pm On Aug 03, 2010
“He thought I was a civilian and immediately he let his hands off the trigger, I pumped the whole six rounds into his chest,” he said.

From the line above, I think the General used the kidnappers gun to send him to hell. . .BTW, which kind of gun has six rounds?
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by bibiking1(m): 12:03am On Aug 04, 2010
I want my own gun too o!
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Nobody: 2:36am On Aug 04, 2010
Thank God. One less menace to society.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by chelseabmw(m): 5:21am On Aug 04, 2010
I love news like this
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by obailala(m): 8:57am On Aug 04, 2010
I fear for the General cos those guys would definitely make a come back
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Slyr0x: 11:03am On Aug 04, 2010
iLike dis,
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by r231(m): 11:15am On Aug 04, 2010
good
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by zmurda(m): 11:25am On Aug 04, 2010
he thought I was civilian,

The general has forgotten he is now a civvie, this singular statement shows how much respect the soldiers have for us civilians.

There is a need for the equivalent of the second amendment in the Nigerian constitution. The right to bear arms. Nigeria is not the UK where we have an efficient police. This bloody Nigeria, a jungle.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by MyJoe: 11:33am On Aug 04, 2010
obailala:

From the line above, I think the General used the kidnappers gun to send him to hell. . .BTW, which kind of gun has six rounds?
Revolvers, like those you see cops carry in the US. There are 10-round revolvers, though.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Ikedonn(m): 11:39am On Aug 04, 2010
I want the government to legalize guns.Because we in diasporas need guns to protect our lives from these criminals and kidnappers.I can't wait to get my own gun if this happen.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by sley4life(m): 11:42am On Aug 04, 2010
maybe legalizing fire arms would reduce such acts
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by sayso: 11:45am On Aug 04, 2010
obailala:

Revolvers have six rounds of bullets,but my concern here is why empty all when you could have finished him with 1/2 bullets at close range so as to defend yourself with the remaining bullets.My quest is that the General panicked firing at will not knowing what to do.Nigeria military General do not have combatant   experience.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Okijajuju1(m): 11:48am On Aug 04, 2010
How can someone Licence an AK 47 Kalashnikov semi-automatic in Nigeria?! Or a single barrel 12 guage Winchester??
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by MyJoe: 11:49am On Aug 04, 2010
sayso:

Revolvers have six rounds of bullets,but my concern here is why empty all when you could have finished him with 1/2 bullets at close range so as to defend yourself with the remaining bullets.My quest is that the General panicked firing at will not knowing what to do.Nigeria military General do not have combatant   experience.

^^^ I have to agree with you.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Okijajuju1(m): 11:53am On Aug 04, 2010
sayso:

I also wondered why myself!!

At such close range, a clear shot to the head would have solved the matter, disposses him (the kidnapper) of his weapon and hand it to his orderly. I would have been more impressed if he had downed atleast 3 of them, considering he should have had professional weapons training, close quarter hand-to-hand combat experience, and live war combat experience.

This is a sad story for a veteran soldier. Six shots and only one body to show for it. Waste of bullets if you ask me.  angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Nullifies LASTMA Powers To Impose Fine On Offenders / Breaking: IPOB Releases National Organogram (Pics) / Okada Ban: 230 Operators, Motorcycles In Police Custody – Lagos CP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.