Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,660 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:50 AM

General Kills Kidnapper - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Kills Kidnapper (8466 Views)

Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) / Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank / Most Wanted Kidnapper In Delta State Is A PhD Holder — Commissioner Of Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Kills Kidnapper by homerac7: 8:12pm On Aug 04, 2010
yeeparipa,

isnt ds funny? i knw dat dude wella, i no even knw say na him dem dey talk. he's from Okehi in Udi local govt of enugu state. actually a kinsman of mine. he's retired though, so dos askin for close quater combat wt d more youthful kidnappers r talkin silly. knw him when he returned newly from som trainin in pakistan years back, a tough guy always chewin toothpick. btw, how many of d previously kidnapped generals put up any fight? so if he did and even got a kill, common giv it to him.

well done o jare, JOJ himself!
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Okijajuju1(m): 8:29pm On Aug 04, 2010
Parnassuss:

@Okija, i hope to God, and I'll put this in prayers that you have a close up chance to put you advice into practice. I assure you you'll die like the pig you are. Mouthing off at an Officer of the NA, a General for that matter, you bloody runt bastardized cuntt. bleep you and your linage you fool. If i ever see you, you will beg i promise that on my life you fuckshead.
@Jakumo, I know the Gen, I know his kids and family. He is vibrant and active man, albeit talkative but he is a man of integrity and grit. Besides he was in the Army Legal Services, not Spcl Ops. These know-all's just make me so made, but thanks for sensible contributions.
@Okija, beta have the proper juju when we meet. You go need am.  

I gave your post some thought and after about 10Secs I realized you werent worth the effort. Nice try though. Give yourself a round of applause. Jakumo and I already settled our rather civilized arguement on your pakinson diseased uncle/friend who wouldnt be able to kill a rat in a pipe with 36 rounds of Ammo!

Now whateva you call yourself, tell your uncle that the next time he finds himself in a situation like that, he is better off doing this;

@ Topic.

I have said it before and I'll say it again. 6 Shots, 1 death isnt impressive for someone who had military training and the element of surprise on his side. Someone got the right adjective to qualify the scenario, OVERKILL!!
If this kidnap were to have been carried out by MEND, this Major would be lying in a morgue and not a hospital.

He spent 6 bullets just to down one assailant hoping to kill the others with what?? Catapult??

I really dont give a darn if he was just a legal attache or was attached to the medics. Every person in Nigeria who wears a military fatigue gets weapons training (its mandatory). If he had the guts to carry a gun, he had better go learn how to use one, I hope he isnt responsible for the friendly fire that occured during this shoot-out, cos I suspect he shot his aide and driver while firing off his Colt 45 and screeming like a little bitc.h he is.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by mamagee3(f): 8:43pm On Aug 04, 2010
This is one of the best news and things to ever happen in Nigeria.

Finally, that scumbag met his match. . .

Maybe if every Nigeria are as brave and courageous as that General, every kidnapper would get killed before they kidnap anyone.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Okijajuju1(m): 8:46pm On Aug 04, 2010
^^^ And if every Nigerian army officer were as dumb as this general, they would all die in battle.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by manny4life(m): 8:53pm On Aug 04, 2010
I have to admit that yeah he did kill the guy but with 6 bullets and one person? Damn, he probably was scared that he should couldn't focus. That is so not impressive for a general who commands from a division to an entire army. Nah he failed the test; his military training and discipline should have been put to good use. Can you imagine if every soldier he commanded were to use 6 bullets for one kill, that would be be endangerment for all of them.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by 0hsisi: 9:00pm On Aug 04, 2010
To God be the glory!!
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by suedoh2006(m): 9:02pm On Aug 04, 2010
Na wah for Nigeria people oooooooooooo. Shooting 6 rounds to kill 1 might not be the best jugdment but i does save his life. Have you ever been in combact situation before ? this is a matter of life and death. So my people the General did not loose his life neither his accompany. Lets cheer up for him and hope he make a good judgment in future. Kudos General.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by 0hsisi: 9:02pm On Aug 04, 2010
Okija abeg let us hear something!!
don't you know semi automatic rifles keep pumping out bullets
If he had 500 rounds,I would be rejoicing if the guy took all 500 in his throat or testicles kpa kpa
Good one General O jare
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 04, 2010
If you guys have ever watched 'POLICE WILDEST VIDEOS SERIES' you'll surely give this guy a thumb up. Dont look at the number of bullets expelled, but take into consideration the type of ammunition being used (a common revolver).
Do you think it is easier to aim for dangerous spots at close range? its only a sniper that will be in a comfortable mood to do that. i guess you guys dont have any idea on defence strategy. In this scenario, i'm very sure the rtd general would have made a decision, if i'm gonna die, i sure aint gonna be the only one. But, luck was still on his side. Give it up to him.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Okijajuju1(m): 9:50pm On Aug 04, 2010
HE IS A SOLDIER O!!! SOLDIER not CIVILIAN!!

According to ppl here, he has even been on tour to countires like Pakistan for training. I wasnt even in the Army, but I was invited to join them on one of their shooting exercises in Akwa Ibom during my National Service.

If a military personel, with a COLT 45 (which is not a commom revolver) has to use all 6 shots to kill one assailant in a kidnap attempt, he messed up.

And moreover, there isnt even evidence that he killed the guy, cos so far all we have is hearsay from his side. The police hasnt even confirmed the story yet.

0hsisi:

Okija abeg let us hear something!!
don't you know semi automatic rifles keep pumping out bullets
If he had 500 rounds,I would be rejoicing if the guy took all 500 in his throat or testicles kpa kpa
Good one General O jare

Na military tactics I dey question here o!!
I am happy he survived but his decision to waste 6 shots on one person could have put him in grave danger under different circumstances.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by gee10able: 9:58pm On Aug 04, 2010
Good for the terrorists
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by bkbabe97y(m): 10:01pm On Aug 04, 2010
Okija, shut the hell up, Ibo General dude did real good! We gosta applaude duke. . . . well, not so much for taking out a kidnapper by wasting crazy slugs, but for the fact that he aint take the corpse home and barbecue it into some savory Ibo dish! Guess, he couldnt do that cus the crooks done crippled his tyres already, and old soldier couldnt be caught around the neighborhood carrying a corpse into the crib! We gotta commend him all the same!
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Okijajuju1(m): 10:16pm On Aug 04, 2010
^^^ I have always considered you a loose cannon!

I knew you were bound to show up sooner or later.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by hackney(m): 10:22pm On Aug 04, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Okija, shut the hell up, Ibo General dude did real good! We gosta applaude duke. . . . well, not so much for taking out a kidnapper by wasting crazy slugs, but for the fact that he aint take the corpse home and barbecue it into some savory Ibo dish! Guess, he couldnt do that cus the crooks done crippled his tyres already, and old soldier couldnt be caught around the neighborhood carrying a corpse into the crib! We gotta commend him all the same!

Yea , that's what i said.
garnish it with some yam peelings and ur good to go ! !
pschww
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by kabukabu(m): 12:04am On Aug 05, 2010
Okija_juju:

According to ppl here, he has even been on tour to countires like Pakistan for training. I wasnt even in the Army, but I was invited to join them on one of their shooting exercises in Akwa Ibom during my National Service.

If a military personel, with a COLT 45 (which is not a commom revolver) has to use all 6 shots to kill one assailant in a kidnap attempt, he messed up.

And moreover, there isnt even evidence that he killed the guy, cos so far all we have is hearsay from his side. The police hasnt even confirmed the story yet.

Armchair coaching is always overrated,pal.
Consider the situation,he had to choose between being killed or doing the killing himself, you don't count bullets in such an environment, genius.the bad guy could have had on a bulletfproof vest, or been on drugs you often can't stop someone with small arms in that situation.you shoot till the threat is nullified, j as you know on the battlefirel, suppressive fire is another term for just wasting bullets, and everyone does it, nobody counts bullets in a life or death situation especially with a small pistol.

Re: General Kills Kidnapper by shotster50(m): 12:05am On Aug 05, 2010
The Retired officer is indeed very lucky.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by kabukabu(m): 12:09am On Aug 05, 2010
It only takes one bad guy getting shot to cause the others to scamper, criminals do not expect armed victims.they wont wait behind to hear if you reload or not,unless they are assasins.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by kabukabu(m): 12:29am On Aug 05, 2010
This is the prefferred small arm of my choice.glock 9 mm.Accurate,lightweight,nimble,reliable, never jams, and guaranteed to have bad guys eating hot lead.

1 Like

Re: General Kills Kidnapper by kabukabu(m): 12:33am On Aug 05, 2010
and here is the backup.mossberg 590.

Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Okijajuju1(m): 1:30am On Aug 05, 2010
^^^ Clap for your self You know your weapons. I particularly love the glock 17. Nice weapon.

Now listen up kid!!

If you are in a Kidnap situation and you pull out a gun, best be ready for war. Mr. major General here should count himself lucky he was dealing with lily-livered pantsies, had those kidnappers been your standard trained Niger Delta creek boys, our General would be a dead man.

He pulled out a Colt 45 Revolver (Nigerian Military standard issue) he is crouched behind in the backseat of his car, he takes aim and squeezes 6 shots into one assailant whom he had the drop on (thanks to the element of surprise). My guess is he fired without aimming hence he shot sporadically in the direction of the attacker, supposedly killing him, now comes the not so brilliant part of his plot, there are still about 3 or 4 kidnappers left, he is out of ammo, oops!! he is dead.

Even if those boys were wearing body amour (which I doubt), he should have taken a head shot. 6 bullets, 2 bodies would have been a better score than he got.

How did he intend to kill the rest?!  If they were assasins, he would be dead.

THis is how a military vet should shoot -

1 Like

Re: General Kills Kidnapper by richard69(m): 3:58am On Aug 05, 2010
very good!
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by sosilly1(m): 7:41am On Aug 05, 2010
'Good' thing about kidnappers is you are worth more to them alive than dead, that has a slight effect on this story but nevertheless bravo to anyone who can hold their own, gun or no gun.

For those crying to legalise guns in Nigeria, a term you should keep in mind 'Stray Bullets'.  Bullets are not homing missiles, they don't bend, they do not find targets for you, they pretty much go in a straight line, regardless of what Hollywood may potray. Same reason i don't trust the police with weapons (accidental discharge and so on) i definitely will not trust ordinary citizens, who will most likely lack any weapons training, armed to the teeth. When my father applied for a gun permit, about 15 odd years now, the only training he received from the police went like this;

1- Load gun (Double Barrel)
2- Correct stance
3- Aim to the Sky
4- Shoot
5- License!

Finito!! 15-30mins shocked

Not sure what the procedure is now but hard to imagine much has changed since then.

I dont think anyone here will like the death of a passer by on their hand or potential court cases and compensations.

Nigeria can be a frustrating country, the heat does not help abate the red mist that can descend on us, adding guns to the mix will only open a can of big, massive worms. Remember stories of workers in the States going on a killing spree cuz they are not satisfied with events at work or got canned at work! And most recently in the UK Moat who shot a police officer, his ex-girlfriend and killed her boyfriend cuz she left him!! Remember the Columbine massacre, the list goes on.

There are more frustrating issues in Nigeria than what this lot cope with yet they snap and reach for the gun,

We definitely need tighter controls on arms and a more structured, efficient and effective law enforcement agency to help solve our security issues.

Still 3 cheers for the General for pointing out potential occupational hazards in the kidnapping business,  cheesy
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by rasputinn(m): 7:48am On Aug 05, 2010
Let all interested Nigerians carry guns so we can defend ourselves
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by yiboboy: 7:55am On Aug 05, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Oh my!!! grin grin grin
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by bkbabe97y(m): 8:04am On Aug 05, 2010
Okija_juju:

^^^ Clap for your self You know your weapons. I particularly love the glock 17. Nice weapon.

Now listen up kid!!

If you are in a Kidnap situation and you pull out a gun, best be ready for war. Mr. major General here should count himself lucky he was dealing with lily-livered pantsies, had those kidnappers been your standard trained Niger Delta creek boys, our General would be a dead man.

He pulled out a Colt 45 Revolver (Nigerian Military standard issue) he is crouched behind in the backseat of his car, he takes aim and squeezes 6 shots into one assailant whom he had the drop on (thanks to the element of surprise). My guess is he fired without aimming hence he shot sporadically in the direction of the attacker, supposedly killing him, now comes the not so brilliant part of his plot, there are still about 3 or 4 kidnappers left, he is out of ammo,  oops!! he is dead.

Even if those boys were wearing body amour (which I doubt), he should have taken a head shot. 6 bullets, 2 bodies would have been a better score than he got.

How did he intend to kill the rest?!  If they were assasins, he would be dead.

THis is how a military vet should shoot -

Negro just shut the hell up! I've been reading your shiyyyt all day, and as much as I try to find humor in everything, your babbles are becoming annoying! Clearly, uve NEVER been in a gun fight; and dont even front like u ever have! Anyone that has ever been in such a situation will know that its next to impossible to be calm, cool, and collected when u know that one shot is all that is needed to take u from this world to the next! U know what folks do in life or death gun situations? They act irrationally, start bursting sporadically, hoping to hit their target (even when they are unconsciously pointing the gun in the air); all training goes out the window! All that "shoulders level, knees cocked, arms fully extended forward" shiyyt is forgotten! You get to holding the gat sideways like u in the movie. Running side to side so your enemy doesnt aim properly enough to hit u? U forget all that shiyyyt and start running in a straight direction until u catch one in the back! Why u think in street battles its the innocent folks that get the hollow tips to the chest the most? Remember the Diddy, Shyne, J-Lo, "Scar" Allen incident? Lil club, 4 guns, 3 bursting. . . . . ? None of the gun handlers get hit, but club patrons got fed hot lead for dinner. . . . .  Why?

Dude, Ibo General dude did good considering where he was positioned! 6 shots for one dumbaszz kidnapper wannabe? I say not enough holes in that fools body. . . .!

P.S:www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhgwy9y5ttA (your typical gun fight. . . . )lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7l3pbFiyQY&feature=related
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by agitator: 8:50am On Aug 05, 2010
Okija_juju

I support you on this one, that's why it is said that these guys are not militants, but just some robbers turn militants.

gee10able:

Good for the terrorists

Who told you they are terrorists?

Okija_juju:

Na military tactics I dey question here o!!
I am happy he survived but his decision to waste 6 shots on one person could have put him in grave danger under different circumstances.

That is why they had to settle MEND because the polithieves realized the almighty army couldn't defeat MEND.

A general with a Colt is supposed to make every bullet count, not on one person.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by bibiking1(m): 9:46am On Aug 05, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Negro just shut the hell up! I've been reading your shiyyyt all day, and as much as I try to find humor in everything, your babbles are becoming annoying! Clearly, uve [b]NEVER been in a gun fight;[/b] and dont even front like u ever have! Anyone that has ever been in such a situation will know that its next to impossible to be calm, cool, and collected when u know that one shot is all that is needed to take u from this world to the next! U know what folks do in life or death gun situations? They act irrationally, start bursting sporadically, hoping to hit their target (even when they are unconsciously pointing the gun in the air); all training goes out the window! All that "shoulders level, knees cocked, arms fully extended forward" shiyyt is forgotten! You get to holding the gat sideways like u in the movie. Running side to side so your enemy doesnt aim properly enough to hit u? U forget all that shiyyyt and start running in a straight direction until u catch one in the back! Why u think in street battles its the innocent folks that get the hollow tips to the chest the most? Remember the Diddy, Shyne, J-Lo, "Scar" Allen incident? Lil club, 4 guns, 3 bursting. . . . . ? None of the gun handlers get hit, but club patrons got fed hot lead for dinner. . . . . Why?

Dude, Ibo General dude did good considering where he was positioned! 6 shots for one dumbaszz kidnapper wannabe? I say not enough holes in that fools body. . . .!

P.S:www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhgwy9y5ttA (your typical gun fight. . . . )lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7l3pbFiyQY&feature=related

You obviously just like to hide the better part of your intelligence in your head, sometimes let 'em out so we can still enjoy it. But 'em we are not talking of gangland violence here dude! We are talking of a TRAINED military officer!
So enough of your sleezy escapade with drug dealing thugs et al
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by phreakabit(m): 11:06am On Aug 05, 2010
lol if this kidnapping menace was happening in the south west all the men would have gone hiding and the women would all come out topless pleading for their lives to the Federal government , take a look at the pics below , lol, Look how dirty and disgusting they look , you would think this guys haven't done enough to make Nigeria look like a dirty and disgusting nation but they also take this trash to the UK. A friend over there said 2 guys from the Yoruba tribe in Nigeria got into a fight in the UK and one got himself naked and ran to get a bottle , how primitive sad

Re: General Kills Kidnapper by bibiking1(m): 11:10am On Aug 05, 2010
Hey!!! I was eating dude!! Now i've lost my appetite,,,,
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Agborman(m): 11:16am On Aug 05, 2010
Army general my ass. His actions shows clearly dat he lacked combat experience.
cool cool cool
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by itsmayiela(m): 11:43am On Aug 05, 2010
Honestly, i see nothing wrong in amending the constitution to allow for the voluntary ownership of handguns cum shotguns in nigeria. a legislation shd be made to allow for all law abiding non-minors (without previous criminal records)to voluntarily own specified range of fire-arms.

Perhaps this will make most of the criminals have a rethink b4 carrying out their nefarious acts.
Re: General Kills Kidnapper by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 05, 2010
so_silly:

We definitely need tighter controls on arms and a more structured, efficient and effective law enforcement agency to help solve our security issues.

I certainly don't agree, and have never ever agreed with this. So in the meantime  while we wait for the notorious Nigeria Police Force to get their act together, law-abiding Nigerians should continue to be at the mercy of armed bandits?  angry

On the contrary there needs to be a system in place whereby licensed semi-automatic/automatic handguns are available to heads of household, business owners and professionals. Then they would be able to protect themselves, their family and their property from the nefarious activities of the bandits.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Denies Secret Trial, Dismissal Of 203 Soldiers For Mutiny / How Many Of Nigeria's 63 Political Parties Do You Know? / Delta PDP Elders Drag Clark To EFCC Over Failed Contracts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.