Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus (45378 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: Daddy Freeze Is A Bastard For Insulting Oyedepo, My Father / Prophet Ufuoma Bernard: "No More Tithing In My Church, Daddy Freeze Is Right" / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by hoopLA: 9:49am On Dec 16, 2018
SweetJoystick:

I been dey respect the guy self but this him write up na complete trash, to think that i even follow him
He is an empty vessel.

Blabbing left right and center.

He is full of hot air.

Christ became the law for we the Gentiles so that we believing in him will be equated as fulfilling the Law that was given to the Jews.
Everything in the Law (including tithing) is covered by the belief in Christ as the resurrected Son of the most High as our sacrifice for the redemption of our sins.

But this fellow will rather preach redemption by works e.g. tithes .

Notice how he avoided the popular Deuteronomy 14:22-29 which clearly instructs us how to pay tithe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
This issue of tithing is one which has come under immense attack in Christianity today. I was once one of those who attacked the doctrine of tithing with so much zealousness right from my days on campus. It was after I stumbled on an article online which had me fooled. It had me fooled simply because my foundational knowledge about tithing was weak, perhaps I almost had no knowledge at all. Thanks to Pentecostal churches who never cemented one's foundation with good knowledge of tithing. That's why the heretic and horrible article could fool me for years. But I now know better and fully understand why Daddy Freeze is so zealous about his anti-tithe stance. He has been deceived also or he's intentionally a deceiver.

Now, let's address the issue of tithing and see some of the points anti-tithers have raised which most of these false men of God haven't been able to explain.They haven't been able to give any explanation because they never studied, they were just all about squandering the tithe money. That's why some professing Christians are abstaining from tithing due to the work of the anti-tithers. The shepherds who are supposed to guide the sheep haven't been doing their duty but fleecing the sheep. Now, unto the points they raise.

1. Tithing doesn't predate the Law

Speaking of the law, we mean the law of Moses to the children of Israel. In it is a command for them to pay tithe which was then given to the Levites, one of the tribes of Israel who had no landed inheritance but worked in God's house.

Numbers 18:24

But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance

But was that the first time tithe was mentioned in the Bible? No, it was mentioned way before Moses who gave the law was even born. Father Abraham was the first person to pay what the Bible called tithe i.e one tenth of all. Even before Abraham, the concept still existed e.g Cain and Abel.

Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek who was the Priest of the Most High God, who was Jesus Christ in the old testament.

Genesis 14:18-20
18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all

This clearly shows that Tithing existed before the law of Moses. We are children of Abraham through faith in God and we are to do the things which Abraham did. But there are some things Abraham did that we are not allowed to do. I'll show you those things and why we aren't allowed to do them.

Some might want to be smart by saying the tithe Abraham paid was of the spoils of war. Is that bad? He fought a battle with ten Kings and won, thereby possessing the spoils of war from which he paid tithe. Mind you, there was no LAW then to condemn war as something bad, if at all you think it is bad.

Romans 3:20
for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Out of their foolish smartness, they will still ask to know whether Abraham continually paid tithe. What they are saying is that the Bible should be all about Abraham paying tithe because there aren't other stories to write about.

Abraham's grandson Jacob also gave tithe before the law of Moses. Remember Jacob is the father of the Israelites whom Moses came from.

Genesis 28:20-22
20 And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,
21 So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the Lord be my God:
22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

But these scoffers and anti-tithers love to ask us to show them where it is recorded that Jacob really paid tithe. If the above passage is not enough for them to believe Jacob paid tithe, then showing them more verses will never be enough because they will keep asking for the third and fifth time he paid tithe.

2. Tithing in the Law

I'm glad that anti-tithers all agree that tithing was part of the law. But some of them are crazy enough to say it wasn't money and that it was agricultural produce. Those produce were what they used to quantify wealth then and even as a means of exchange. Job's wealth was measured in the amount of cattle, rams, camels, donkeys etc which he had. Why didn't the Bible right it in the amount of Dollars or Pounds or whatever currency was used then?

Today, everyone is not a farmer and never was tithing commanded to the farmers alone. That's why money is used as tithing today.

And yes, you are to eat of that tithe in Church. That's why Churches hold feast where everyone eats and merry in the house of God. If your church doesn't do that or hasn't in a long time, then there is something wrong.

3. Tithing after the Law

If you believe tithing is a Law of Moses, then it explains why you believe it is no longer valid now that we are under the grace of Jesus Christ. Before I explain why tithing never got outdated, let's first read the passage below which is actually Jesus talking, who received the tithe Abraham paid before the law was born.

Mathew 23:23
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

As seem above, Jesus never condemned tithing, he approved it. He only condemned the scribes and Pharisees and Hypocrites who lay so much emphasis on it but forget other important things of the law. According to Jesus, they ought to do all together. That period would have been a perfect time for Jesus to condemn tithing if he didn't want to keep receiving it. But he never did, instead he approved it.

Anti-tithers also foolishly say he wasn't talking to Christians but to the scribes and Pharisees. Guess what? He also mentioned hypocrites, and we have Christians who are hypocrites. They pay tithe but lack justice, mercy and faith which are the weightier matters of the law. They are so wicked that they exonerate the wicked and condemn the righteous because the wicked man is their tribesman. That's injustice. They also lack mercy and have placed their faith in their tithe instead of Jesus. That's why many of them think not paying tithe will make them end up in hell. Is it tithe that died on the cross to save them or Jesus?

Now, to all those who love to say tithing is done away with because we are no longer under the law but under grace. They love to quote the below verse.

Romans 6:14
for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Yes, we are not under the law because Jesus has given us grace. But wait, is it everything about the law that has been thrown away? If the law has been done away with, then that means a man can sleep with his sister, his mother and his father's wife which are what the law commands against.

Leviticus 18:6-8
6 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their unclothedness: I am the Lord.
7 The unclothedness of thy father, or the unclothedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her unclothedness.
8 The unclothedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's unclothedness.

That also means filthy homosexuals can continue with their disgusting act.

Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination

That means a man can also go ahead and have sex with his wife's sister.

Leviticus 18:18
You must not take your wife's sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is still alive

The above are just a bit of what the law is against which we as Christians have been able to do well in obeying. I ask anti-tithers, why are we still obeying these commandments of the law if they have been done away with? They will never have an answer. But when it comes to tithing, they are always quick to say it has passed away with the law.

Now, how do we know which aspect of the law we are to keep and which ones are totally done away with? You see, those aspects of the Old Testamemt laws which God doesn't want us to continue with, he clearly states them in the New Testament. Example is the dietary laws where he ordered that men should not eat pig and certain other animals.

1 Corinthians 10:25
Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:

"Whatsoever" means if it is a pig or an eagle or a cat. Remember how he also told Peter to eat those unclean animals.

What about animal sacrifices as done by Abraham and the Israelites under the law? That has been done away with because Jesus Christ the Holy Lamb has been slain once for all for our sins. We don't need to be slaying animals anymore, that is why that practice by Abraham is not followed by we his children of faith. You can read the entire Hebrews chapter for better understanding.

Hebrews 10:10
By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

What about an eye for an eye? In the Old testament, it was allowed as a law.

Exodus 21:24
Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

Jesus changed it in the New Testament.

Mathew 5:38-41
38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain

What about the law on adultery which requires that the adulterer be put to death?

Leviticus 20:10
And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Jesus changed that law in the New Testament

John 8:3-11
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

What about stoning a disobedient child to death as seen in Deuteronomy 21:18-21? Jesus changed that with his parable of the prodigal son. The sons in both Bible passages have similar character, yet one was allowed to live.

There are many more of such laws which got changed in the New Testament. The ones God wants us to continue with, he made clear in the New Testament. Now, can anti-tithers show me one single verse in the New Testament that shows that God has changed the law on tithing? They can't because it doesn't exist. Now since no verse tells us to stop tithing or that it has been changed, who are anti-tithers to tell us to stop tithing? What they are doing is simply speaking for God when he hasn't spoken. They are trying to infuse into the Bible verses that are not there. They are teaching man-made doctrines and are passing it off as God's commandment and trying to force us to obey them.

Mathew 15:9
teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

4. Pastors are not the Levite tribe of Israel.

Yes, pastor are not the biological tribe of Levites whom God said should collect tithes, but they are the spiritual tribe in the order of Melchizedek. That is why they can collect tithes and eat out of it. Jesus aka Melchizedek the Priest of the Most High God collected tithe when he met Abraham. The Levite priesthood got transfered back to the Melchizedek priesthood as seen in Hebrews chapter 7. The pastors are now the priest and Jesus the High Priest, hence the reason why they collect tithe which is used to run the church, provide food for the needy and pay the pastor's salary because he only works in church. If he decides to work elsewhere as well, fine, he will still get paid his entitlement. Some pastors can even decide not to receive salary like Apostle Paul. That doesn't mean those who do are wrong. Mind you, Peter and the Apostles did eat of the Gospel.

But shame and curses be unto all these false Daddy GOs and false prophets who have amassed great wealth off this doctrine. No wonder churches don't hold feast regularly anymore because the pastor swallows the tithe money, all of it. You all have brought shame to the body of Christ because your opulence is the reason why tithing is under attack today. It is simply because you are looked upon like a Good because you started the church and think you own it. Every decision of yours is final without any board of elders to curb your excesses. Your doom is near because you have moved from being a shepherd to a hireling or a wolf who cares less about the sheep, that's why you fleece them.

If you have been deceived by Daddy Freeze and the horde of anti-tithers, it's never too late to come back. I was deceived too. But I have promised to return to tithing as from January 2019 and it will be in a Baptist Church where pastors are subjected under the authority of the elders and board, where money spent is questioned.

Thank you very much.

#NOTICE

Giving your tithe to widows, orphans or to the needy is wrong. It should be given to the house of God because all the instances recorded in the Bible about tithing shows that it was given to the house of God. It is now the duty of the house of God to give part of it to the needy, widows, orphans etc. If you give to those people, please don't call it tithing.

Till today u still have a weak foundation about Bible and Tithing.

Bible clearly n specifically said Tithe should be paid to widows, orphans, levites, fatherless, motherless, foreigners who have no land, etc. Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 and Deuteronomy 14 vs 28 clearly n explicitly wrote down the laws to give tithe. Only a portion of ur tithe is given to the levites.

Meanwhile there are no levites in Nigeria right now.

According to the word of God, It is only the levites that bring in their tithe into the house of God. The levites bring in 10% of all the tithe they receive from the people n this is clearly stated in Numbers chapter 18 vs 26.

Make out time n read the wholeof Malachi, Also read the whole of chapter 3 very well. Malachi 3 vs 10 is a warning by God to the levites that refused to bring 10% of their tithe into the house of God. Malachi 3 vs 10 has nothing to do with individuals, but rather a warning for priests. The rules n regulations of tithe laws predates the book of Malachi, The laws of tithing was given n concluded in Deuteronomy n numbers.

The greatest problem with Christianity is that Christians don't study their bible.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Johnpotter660: 9:52am On Dec 16, 2018
Hello human, Are you God?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by hoopLA: 9:54am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

How do you expect Jesus to colleCt tithe when he was still battling to make the unbelieving Jews accept him as the Messiah?

We Christians who accept him as Messiah pay tithe to him. Mind you, even his followers before crucifixion were not certain he was Messiah, hence there was no need for them to pay to the to him. Moreover they were still very much under the law which Jesus also practiced..
Lol

Scrambling from pillar to post.

Isn't Christ our High priest?

Since he is Melchizedek according to you, he ought to have demanded tithe.

See how you are dribbling yourself and scoring own goals against yourself. I'm sorry but you have no idea about that long post you put up. You are vacuous and empty as anything I know.

Oga answer my previous question.

Why was tithing instituted?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 9:54am On Dec 16, 2018
toolovely:
Abraham gave one tenth of the spoils of war not because he was commanded but from his heart. From Genesis 14, are you aware that Abraham did not take any share from the spoils of war? Besides, the Bible recorded that Abram was rich in cattle, ram etc but he didn't give from his wealth.

About Jacob, he gave a conditional offer. It was a vow not an obligation.

In the law, you are wrong to say that you can give tight with money. Saying that agricultural products was a measure of one's wealth, are you saying that only wealthy people were commanded to tithe?
Besides, they were other professions in the time of old. There were blacksmiths which was one of the major professions then, there were carpenters and others. But it was particularly farm products. Yes money was not part of it. In Deuteronomy 14:25 & 26, explains it better. If the place of the temple is far from you sell those products and when you get close to the temple, use the money to buy whatsoever....all farm products.

Jesus never endorsed tithing . The message there was that there are more important things to be talking about than talking about tithing. If someone while discussing with him says, please let's leave that to discuss more important things, it obviously means that the topic is not important.

And you said Jesus received tithe? From who and when? Jesus never received from anyone but he gave.

Tithing was never for running the church. The Bible recorded how even how churches in the old testament were built. Not from tithe. If pastors are paid from tithe, every other worker in the church should be paid because if they claim to be priests, then those who work in the church are all from the tribe of Levi.

Was the spoils of war not Abraham's wealth? If he hadn't given it away, won't it have been his?

If money was not part of tithe, then it means you are saying tithing was commanded to the farmers alone. Where is the Bible verse for that?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Johnpotter660: 9:54am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Do you know what the problem os with you anti-tithers and everyone who believes the tithe money should be taken straight to widows and orphans instead of the house of God? You make decisions without Bible backings, in the process you offend God. Here you have said the house of God are widows and orphans. Where is that written in the Bible? You also said the society is the church. Where is that written in the Bible? Stop making claims based on your own understanding.

God said the tithe is his, he didn't say it is for widows even though he told the high priest to help the windows out of it. It is not your duty to give it to the widows because it means you are assuming the role of the priest. It is the duty of the priest to take some of the tithe and use it to help the needy.

Tithe is totally different from you helping the poor. Give God his dues and proceed to help the poor. Otherwise it will mean that you are wise in your own understanding.

And mind you, Jesus was talking about his brothers in that Bible Passage you quoted. Who are his brothers? They are believers, not some Tom divk and Harry across the street.

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

This means that his brothers whom we are to feed are actually needy Christians whom we can find in Church, not some random loser on the street who only wants to remain a junkie and lazy because he knows someone will feed him.

Dear Human, are you God?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by ojonugwap(m): 9:54am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
This issue of tithing is one which has come under immense attack in Christianity today. I was once one of those who attacked the doctrine of tithing with so much zealousness right from my days on campus. It was after I stumbled on an article online which had me fooled. It had me fooled simply because my foundational knowledge about tithing was weak, perhaps I almost had no knowledge at all. Thanks to Pentecostal churches who never cemented one's foundation with good knowledge of tithing. That's why the heretic and horrible article could fool me for years. But I now know better and fully understand why Daddy Freeze is so zealous about his anti-tithe stance. He has been deceived also or he's intentionally a deceiver.

Now, let's address the issue of tithing and see some of the points anti-tithers have raised which most of these false men of God haven't been able to explain.They haven't been able to give any explanation because they never studied, they were just all about squandering the tithe money. That's why some professing Christians are abstaining from tithing due to the work of the anti-tithers. The shepherds who are supposed to guide the sheep haven't been doing their duty but fleecing the sheep. Now, unto the points they raise.

Speaking of the law, we mean the law of Moses to the children of Israel. In it is a command for them to pay tithe which was then given to the Levites, one of the tribes of Israel who had no landed inheritance but worked in God's house.

But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance

But was that the first time tithe was mentioned in the Bible? No, it was mentioned way before Moses who gave the law was even born. Father Abraham was the first person to pay what the Bible called tithe i.e one tenth of all. Even before Abraham, the concept still existed e.g Cain and Abel.

Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek who was the Priest of the Most High God, who was Jesus Christ in the old testament.

18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all

This clearly shows that Tithing existed before the law of Moses. We are children of Abraham through faith in God and we are to do the things which Abraham did. But there are some things Abraham did that we are not allowed to do. I'll show you those things and why we aren't allowed to do them.

Some might want to be smart by saying the tithe Abraham paid was of the spoils of war. Is that bad? He fought a battle with ten Kings and won, thereby possessing the spoils of war from which he paid tithe. Mind you, there was no LAW then to condemn war as something bad, if at all you think it is bad.

Out of their foolish smartness, they will still ask to know whether Abraham continually paid tithe. What they are saying is that the Bible should be all about Abraham paying tithe because there aren't other stories to write about.

Abraham's grandson Jacob also gave tithe before the law of Moses. Remember Jacob is the father of the Israelites whom Moses came from.

20 And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,
21 So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the Lord be my God:
22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

But these scoffers and anti-tithers love to ask us to show them where it is recorded that Jacob really paid tithe. If the above passage is not enough for them to believe Jacob paid tithe, then showing them more verses will never be enough because they will keep asking for the third and fifth time he paid tithe.

2. Tithing in the Law

I'm glad that anti-tithers all agree that tithing was part of the law. But some of them are crazy enough to say it wasn't money and that it was agricultural produce. Those produce were what they used to quantify wealth then and even as a means of exchange. Job's wealth was measured in the amount of cattle, rams, camels, donkeys etc which he had. Why didn't the Bible right it in the amount of Dollars or Pounds or whatever currency was used then?

Today, everyone is not a farmer and never was tithing commanded to the farmers alone. That's why money is used as tithing today.

And yes, you are to eat of that tithe in Church. That's why Churches hold feast where everyone eats and merry in the house of God. If your church doesn't do that or hasn't in a long time, then there is something wrong.

3. Tithing after the Law

If you believe tithing is a Law of Moses, then it explains why you believe it is no longer valid now that we are under the grace of Jesus Christ. Before I explain why tithing never got outdated, let's first read the passage below which is actually Jesus talking, who received the tithe Abraham paid before the law was born.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

As seem above, Jesus never condemned tithing, he approved it. He only condemned the scribes and Pharisees and Hypocrites who lay so much emphasis on it but forget other important things of the law. According to Jesus, they ought to do all together. That period would have been a perfect time for Jesus to condemn tithing if he didn't want to keep receiving it. But he never did, instead he approved it.

Anti-tithers also foolishly say he wasn't talking to Christians but to the scribes and Pharisees. Guess what? He also mentioned hypocrites, and we have Christians who are hypocrites. They pay tithe but lack justice, mercy and faith which are the weightier matters of the law. They are so wicked that they exonerate the wicked and condemn the righteous because the wicked man is their tribesman. That's injustice. They also lack mercy and have placed their faith in their tithe instead of Jesus. That's why many of them think not paying tithe will make them end up in hell. Is it tithe that died on the cross to save them or Jesus?

Now, to all those who love to say tithing is done away with because we are no longer under the law but under grace. They love to quote the below verse.

Yes, we are not under the law because Jesus has given us grace. But wait, is it everything about the law that has been thrown away? If the law has been done away with, then that means a man can sleep with his sister, his mother and his father's wife which are what the law commands against.

6 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their unclothedness: I am the Lord.
7 The unclothedness of thy father, or the unclothedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her unclothedness.
8 The unclothedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's unclothedness.

You must not take your wife's sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is still alive

The above are just a bit of what the law is against which we as Christians have been able to do well in obeying. I ask anti-tithers, why are we still obeying these commandments of the law if they have been done away with? They will never have an answer. But when it comes to tithing, they are always quick to say it has passed away with the law.

Now, how do we know which aspect of the law we are to keep and which ones are totally done away with? You see, those aspects of the Old Testamemt laws which God doesn't want us to continue with, he clearly states them in the New Testament. Example is the dietary laws where he ordered that men should not eat pig and certain other animals.

Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:

"Whatsoever" means if it is a pig or an eagle or a cat. Remember how he also told Peter to eat those unclean animals.

What about animal sacrifices as done by Abraham and the Israelites under the law? That has been done away with because Jesus Christ the Holy Lamb has been slain once for all for our sins. We don't need to be slaying animals anymore, that is why that practice by Abraham is not followed by we his children of faith. You can read the entire Hebrews chapter for better understanding.

By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

What about the law on adultery which requires that the adulterer be put to death?

And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

What about stoning a disobedient child to death as seen in Deuteronomy 21:18-21? Jesus changed that with his parable of the prodigal son. The sons in both Bible passages have similar character, yet one was allowed to live.

There are many more of such laws which got changed in the New Testament. The ones God wants us to continue with, he made clear in the New Testament. Now, can anti-tithers show me one single verse in the New Testament that shows that God has changed the law on tithing? They can't because it doesn't exist. Now since no verse tells us to stop tithing or that it has been changed, who are anti-tithers to tell us to stop tithing? What they are doing is simply speaking for God when he hasn't spoken. They are trying to infuse into the Bible verses that are not there. They are teaching man-made doctrines and are passing it off as God's commandment and trying to force us to obey them.

Yes, pastor are not the biological tribe of Levites whom God said should collect tithes, but they are the spiritual tribe in the order of Melchizedek. That is why they can collect tithes and eat out of it. Jesus aka Melchizedek the Priest of the Most High God collected tithe when he met Abraham. The Levite priesthood got transfered back to the Melchizedek priesthood as seen in Hebrews chapter 7. The pastors are now the priest and Jesus the High Priest, hence the reason why they collect tithe which is used to run the church, provide food for the needy and pay the pastor's salary because he only works in church. If he decides to work elsewhere as well, fine, he will still get paid his entitlement. Some pastors can even decide not to receive salary like Apostle Paul. That doesn't mean those who do are wrong. Mind you, Peter and the Apostles did eat of the Gospel.

But shame and curses be unto all these false Daddy GOs and false prophets who have amassed great wealth off this doctrine. No wonder churches don't hold feast regularly anymore because the pastor swallows the tithe money, all of it. You all have brought shame to the body of Christ because your opulence is the reason why tithing is under attack today. It is simply because you are looked upon like a Good because you started the church and think you own it. Every decision of yours is final without any board of elders to curb your excesses. Your doom is near because you have moved from being a shepherd to a hireling or a wolf who cares less about the sheep, that's why you fleece them.

If you have been deceived by Daddy Freeze and the horde of anti-tithers, it's never too late to come back. I was deceived too. But I have promised to return to tithing as from January 2019 and it will be in a Baptist Church where pastors are subjected under the authority of the elders and board, where money spent is questioned.

Thank you very much.

#NOTICE

Giving your tithe to widows, orphans or to the needy is wrong. It should be given to the house of God because all the instances recorded in the Bible about tithing shows that it was given to the house of God. It is now the duty of the house of God to give part of it to the needy, widows, orphans etc. If you give to those people, please don't call it tithing.

Rubbish you quote the Bible page that sweet and backbup your trash about tithe but jumped Deuteronomy 14:22 why not read Deuteronomy 14:22-29 to your church members and see how many that will tithe for you following Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 9:55am On Dec 16, 2018
hoopLA:

Lol

Scrambling from pillar to post.

Isn't Christ our High priest?

Since he is Melchizedek according to you, he ought to have demanded tithe.

See how you are dribbling yourself and scoring own goals against yourself. I'm sorry but you have no idea about that long post you put up. You are vacuous and empty as anything I know.

Oga answer my previous question.

Why was tithing instituted?

Was tithing what he came to earth for or to die for our sins? Now that we believe he is Melchizedek and that we are Abraham's children, isn't it right we do what Abraham did which Jesus never condemned?

According to Malachi , tithe was instituted so that there will be meat in God's house. This means eaten by the Levites who are pastors today, and also the tithers themselves, widows and strangers.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by genkins(m): 9:56am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Jesus is still the high priest collecting tithe. Of he was Melchizedek who collected tithe from Abraham, what makes you think he still being Melchizedek has changed to the point that he won't collect from the children of Abraham?

Yes, we are all priests, but the church has offices which doesn't belong to everybody. Those in charge of those offices receive the tithe on behalf of the most high priest and do with it what he tells them to.

You said Abraham didn't tithe of his wealth. Was the spoila of war he got not his wealth? What you liars are saying is that the Bible was wrong to have said that Abraham tithed to Melchizedek since you say it wasn't his wealth. Should we believe you or the Bible that said Abraham gave tithe?You can choose to give out the rest of your earnings like Abraham, it's your choice. Abraham did and got bountifully blessed.

Where you expecting Jesus to collect tithe from his disciples who are his spiritual levitie priest?

What do you need the record of Jacob fulfilling a vow for?

Lol..you are totally ignorant.maybe you are not.you are just doing the bidding of your master,mammon

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

2. Tithing in the Law

3. Tithing after the Law

Thank you very much.

#NOTICE

I need an explicit analysis and explanation of the Bible book Deutronomy 14:22-29
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by anselm791(m): 9:57am On Dec 16, 2018
too long an explanation i'm beginning to get confused now and might have to join the opposition.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by hoopLA: 9:58am On Dec 16, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Till today u still have a weak foundation about Bible and Tithing.

Bible clearly n specifically said Tithe should be paid to widows, orphans, levites, fatherless, motherless, foreigners who have no land, etc. Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 and Deuteronomy 14 vs 28 clearly n explicitly wrote down the laws to give tithe. Only a portion of ur tithe is given to the levites.

Meanwhile there are no levites in Nigeria right now.

According to the word of God, It is only the levites that bring in their tithe into the house of God. The levites bring in 10% of all the tithe they receive from the people n this is clearly stated in Numbers chapter 18 vs 26.

Make out time n read the wholeof Malachi, Also read the whole of chapter 3 very well. Malachi 3 vs 10 is a warning by God to the levites that refused to bring 10% of their tithe into the house of God. Malachi 3 vs 10 has nothing to do with individuals, but rather a warning for priests. The rules n regulations of tithe laws predates the book of Malachi, The laws of tithing was given n concluded in Deuteronomy n numbers.

The greatest problem with Christianity is that Christians don't study their bible.

Lol.

The dude is a fraud. With all due respect.

He has skillfully taken Malachi 3.10 out of context and in isolation to preach a message with no legs to stand on.

He has somehow managed to contrive the opinion that Melchizedek was Jesus christ hence there are spiritual Levites.
He has ignored Deuteronomy 14.22-29 which clearly spells out how we ought to pay tithe, if indeed we must.

In a previous thread he has ignored my question on why the Jews were asked to tithe.

It is his likes that fill up the mammon worship centers called churches.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 9:59am On Dec 16, 2018
ojonugwap:

Rubbish you quote the Bible page that sweet and backbup your trash about tithe but jumped Deuteronomy 14:22 why not read Deuteronomy 14:22-29 to your church members and see how many that will tithe for you following Sunday.
Is that passage against tithing? No

Does it support tithing? Yes.

Then why act as if it is one passage which I'm scared of quoting? It only explains how tithing should be done which false pastors aren't observing. It in no way cancels out tithing.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Was the spoils of war not Abraham's wealth? If he hadn't given it away, won't it have been his?

If money was not part of tithe, then it means you are saying tithing was commanded to the farmers alone. Where is the Bible verse for that?

I'm really shocked about u people that claim to be Christians n yet know nothing about the bible. In the bible tithe is food/agricultural products, it was written n reinforced several times. Only farmers in those days paid tithes. Soldiers, doctors, blacksmiths, etc never paid tithe to anyone. There was money back den but no one was ever recorded in the bible to pay tithe with Money.

Pls make out time n use Google to get references n read up every single thing about tithing. Ur heavily misinformed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by ojonugwap(m): 10:00am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Do you know what the problem os with you anti-tithers and everyone who believes the tithe money should be taken straight to widows and orphans instead of the house of God? You make decisions without Bible backings, in the process you offend God. Here you have said the house of God are widows and orphans. Where is that written in the Bible? You also said the society is the church. Where is that written in the Bible? Stop making claims based on your own understanding.

God said the tithe is his, he didn't say it is for widows even though he told the high priest to help the windows out of it. It is not your duty to give it to the widows because it means you are assuming the role of the priest. It is the duty of the priest to take some of the tithe and use it to help the needy.

Tithe is totally different from you helping the poor. Give God his dues and proceed to help the poor. Otherwise it will mean that you are wise in your own understanding.

And mind you, Jesus was talking about his brothers in that Bible Passage you quoted. Who are his brothers? They are believers, not some Tom divk and Harry across the street.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

This means that his brothers whom we are to feed are actually needy Christians whom we can find in Church, not some random loser on the street who only wants to remain a junkie and lazy because he knows someone will feed him.

Ode go open your Bible to Deuteronomy 14:22-29 and tell me what tithe meant
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by hoopLA: 10:02am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Was tithing what he came to earth for or to die for our sins? Now that we believe he is Melchizedek and that we are Abraham's children, isn't it right we do what Abraham did which Jesus never condemned?

According to Malachi , tithe was instituted so that there will be meat in God's house. This means eaten by the Levites who are pastors today, and also the tithers themselves, widows and strangers.
Lol

It's getting more comical by the response.

Melchizedek is not Jesus.
Go back to secondary school to study comprehension and stop spreading false doctrine and lies

You simply dont get it.
I'm using your logic against you. If Christ is Melchizedek how come he never collected it as recorded in the bible?
Please dont give me all this ballyhoo. If christ came to save the world, then you should realize that the souls of men were more than any tithe he could collect.

Are you that blind not to see that Christ's mission didnt have anything to do with the works of the Law but on love for God, love for your neighbor and genuine repentance?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 10:02am On Dec 16, 2018
hoopLA:

Lol.

The dude is a fraud. With all due respect.

He has skillfully taken Malachi 3.10 out of context and in isolation to preach a message with no legs to stand on.

He has somehow managed to contrive the opinion that Melchizedek was Jesus christ hence there are spiritual Levites.
He has ignored Deuteronomy 14.22-29 which clearly spells out how we ought to pay tithe, if indeed we must.

In a previous thread he has ignored my question on why the Jews were asked to tithe.

It is his likes that fill up the mammon worship centers called churches.

Be sincere with yourself, how does the below passage cancel out what I've. send along since?

Deuteronomy 14:22-29
22 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.

23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lordthy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee:

25 Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose:

26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lordthy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

27 And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee.

28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:

29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest

Was this also how Abraham tithed?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Moukandjo: 10:03am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

How do you expect Jesus to colleCt tithe when he was still battling to make the unbelieving Jews accept him as the Messiah?

We Christians who accept him as Messiah pay tithe to him. Mind you, even his followers before crucifixion were not certain he was Messiah, hence there was no need for them to pay to the to him. Moreover they were still very much under the law which Jesus also practiced..

As for hair, Paul had so many Greek and Roman believers who didn't keep beard and shaved their hair however they wanted. So that law doesn't hold anymore. Paul only advised against men having long hair.

So how come Paul didn't collect tithes after Crucifixion of Jesus? Or he wasn't part of the "spiritual tribe" of Melchizedek?
And who told you the law on not cutting the hair of the sides of your head doesn't hold anymore? Na you cancel am? Did Jesus clarify/cancel it like he did some others? So because the Greek & Roman believers did it means God has cancelled it? Or because your pastors don dey wear fading hairstyle mean say the law no hold anymore?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by sparta(f): 10:03am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

chai, God bless you o. Too many over righteous people claiming they give their tithes to the poor. The originator says "the tithe is mine" I pay my tithes to God and still help the needy. Why are people so dull of understanding? They claim pastors eat the tithe, yet God says one of the purposes of tithes is that there may be food in his house for his servants. Why body too dey pepper people like this ? If you want to enjoy what you think they are enjoying then go and join the pastorate. This is a generation that claims to be wiser than God.
I remember Judas condemned the woman with the alabaster box. He like this generation who seems to love the poor more than Jesus said " this perfume could gave been sold to feed the poor" . Jesus answered "she has done the right thing" and added " you won't always have me here but you will always have poor people around you" My conclusion "Give God what belongs to him (tithes) and give to the poor what belongs to them ( alms). òlórulún aà sí yín lééti inú. Amin
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Mr Pastor dont get it twisted. Pastors aren't Levites.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by hoopLA: 10:04am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Is that passage against tithing? No

Does it support tithing? Yes.

Then why act as if it is one passage which I'm scared of quoting? It only explains how tithing should be done which false pastors aren't observing. It in no way cancels out tithing.
What does the passage say about how the tithe should be given?
You are trying to be clever by half.
Tell us.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by osifred(m): 10:04am On Dec 16, 2018
What many people don't know is that the religious practiced in the old testament down to the time of Jesus was Judaism. The rules for Christianity is way different from Judaism. After the death of Christ, It was not recorded that the apostles collected tithe, if the issue of tithe is so important my opinion is that it will have being clearly stated after the death of Christ. What was obtainable as recorded after the death of Christ in the early church was FREE WILL GIVING, not out of COMPULSION or OBLIGATION

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 10:04am On Dec 16, 2018
hoopLA:

Lol

It's getting more comical by the response.

Melchizedek is not Jesus.
Go back to secondary school to study comprehension and stop spreading false doctrine and lies

You simply dont get it.
I'm using your logic against you. If Christ is Melchizedek how come he never collected it as recorded in the bible?
Please dont give me all this ballyhoo. If christ came to save the world, then you should realize that the souls of men were more than any tithe he could collect.

Are you that blind not to see that Christ's mission didnt habe anything to do with the works of the Law but on live for God, love for your neighbor and genuine repentance?

If Melchizedek is not Jesus, then who is this Melchizedek whom the Bible says has no beginning nor end, is the king of peace, king of righteousness, has no father nor mother?

Provide your answer or keep shut.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 16, 2018
anselm791:
too long an explanation i'm beginning to get confused now and might have to join the opposition.

Don't be confused oo. Continue payment of tithe oo

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by alBHAGDADI: 10:05am On Dec 16, 2018
osifred:
What many people don't know is that the religious practiced in the old testament down to the time of Jesus was Judaism. The rules for Christianity is way different from Judaism. After the death of Christ, It was not recorded that the apostles collected tithe, if the issue of tithe is so important my opinion is that it will have being clearly stated after the death of Christ. What was obtainable as recorded after the death of Christ in the early church was FREE WILL GIVING, not out of COMPULSION or OBLIGATION

Why didn't the new testament record that sleeping with ones sister is bad?

Yet, we know because the old testament law said so.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by hoopLA: 10:07am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

If Melchizedek is not Jesus, then who is this Melchizedek whom the Bible says has no beginning nor end, is the king of peace, king of righteousness, has no father nor mother?

Provide your answer or keep shut.
Lol

You are a foolish person if you persist with this nonsense.

I think you should be the one proving that melchizedek is Christ since you brought it up.

The passage says Christ is of the order of Melchizedek. It doesnt say he is.

Be careful how you twist the word of God.

I dont have time to engage in your folly

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by penearth(m): 10:08am On Dec 16, 2018
God forgive u!!!! " woe unto u that pay tithes"
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by hoopLA: 10:09am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Why didn't the new testament record that sleeping with ones sister is bad?

Yet, we know because the old testament law said so.
the holy spirit will convict you of your sin.
If you have the holy spirit within you you dont need to be told when you have sinned.

You dont even understand what the new covenant is. Just blabbing up and down

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by ThierryJay: 10:09am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Is your neighbor your responsibility?

If he wants sex, can you allow him have your wife or daughter?

Cm you now understand the grammar "per se"?

This your comment is worrisome supposedly from a Christian who has studied his word in detail.

There is absolutely no doubt about what Jesus meant when he said you should love your neighbour as yourself. This should be reflected in your daily actions. There is no modification whatsoever in form of any "per se". The example you gave is not valid as the context is sinful. Hence, you cannot be said to be showing your neighbor love by exposing him to a sinful situation.

That being said. The issue of not tithing predates Daddy Freeze, as I'm aware of several Christian scholars that do not practice tithing since decades ago. The Christian life that Jesus bestowed on us is a life of being led by the Holy Spirit and not by following rules. The quote by Jesus you cited on hypocrisy of tithing was made to the Scribes and Pharisees. Gentiles are neither of both, The context of that passage does not apply to non-Jewish Christians who uphold the main essence of Christianity which is LOVE of God and your Neighbour.

Christians are not bound by the Mosaic law as explained in Hebrews. Tithing is part of this law which has been nullified by the new testament. However, the law has been replaced by Godly principles, of which the underlying principle in this context is Giving to God and Man. You cannot express love without giving. For God so LOVED the world, that he GAVE is only begotten son..... Having an understanding of this is crucial for you to know that you are not bound to a rule.

Not tithing does not absolve Christians from the responsibility of giving abundantly to God and man. That is why Giving was what was emphasized for the new testament church.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by tjskii(f): 10:11am On Dec 16, 2018
All i know is that if for whatever reason im unable to pay my tithe, there will be no evil consequences or curses, as Jesus christ has saved me from the curse of the law
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by sparta(f): 10:13am On Dec 16, 2018
hoopLA:

Lol

You are a foolish person if you persist with this nonsense.

I think you should be the one proving that melchizedek is Christ since you brought it up.

The passage says Christ is of the order of Melchizedek. It doesnt say he is.

Be careful how you twist the word of God.

I dont have time to engage in your folly
you don't need to insult anyone. proof your points maturely. it doesn't kill.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by hoopLA: 10:13am On Dec 16, 2018
ThierryJay:

This your comment is worrisome supposedly from a Christian who has studied his word in detail.

There is absolutely no doubt about what Jesus meant when he said you should love your neighbour as yourself. This should be reflected in your daily actions. There is no modification whatsoever in form of any "per se". The example you gave is not valid as the context is sinful. Hence, you cannot be said to be showing your neighbor love by exposing him to a sinful situation.

That being said. The issue of not tithing predates Daddy Freeze, as I'm aware of several Christian scholars that do not practice tithing since decades ago. The Christian life that Jesus bestowed on us is a life of being led by the Holy Spirit and not by following rules. The quote by Jesus you cited on hypocrisy of tithing was made to the Scribes and Pharisees. Gentiles are neither of both, The context of that passage does not apply to non-Jewish Christians who uphold the main essence of Christianity which is LOVE of God and your Neighbour.

Christians are not bound by the Mosaic law as explained in Hebrews. Tithing is part of this law which has been nullified by the new testament. However, the law has been replaced by Godly principles, of which the underlying principle in this context is Giving to God and Man. You cannot express love without giving. For God so LOVED the world, that he GAVE is only begotten son..... Having an understanding of this is crucial for you to know that you are not bound to a rule.

Not tithing does not absolve Christians from the responsibility of giving abundantly to God and man. That is why Giving was what was emphasized for the new testament church.

You give this charlatan too much credit.

Cant you see through his emptiness?

He will misconstrue Hebrews 7 to imply that we should tithe whereas that chapter is telling us how Christ as our new High Priest dictates the new order of worship.

The same law that didnt save the Jews in the old testament will suddenly be what we are gushed by for righteousness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Names Of Victims Of Ozubulu Catholic Church Massacre Released / Native Doctor Exposes "Pastor" Begging Him Online To Make Him Rich. Photos / Christ Embassy Celebrates 30th Anniversary (Before & After Photos Of Pastors)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 275
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.