Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,301 members, 7,822,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus (45614 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: Daddy Freeze Is A Bastard For Insulting Oyedepo, My Father / Prophet Ufuoma Bernard: "No More Tithing In My Church, Daddy Freeze Is Right" / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by openmine(m): 11:19am On Dec 16, 2018
[s]
nelsonoba:

Did you actually read the op's write up or you just read the title and started running down here to comment with your gross ignorance? How can you be asking questions that he already answered somewhere in the write up? This is probably one of the reasons a foreigner made a comment about Nigerians years ago, saying "if you want to hide something from a Nigerian, put it in a book!". Cos a lot of us don't like reading, yet we want to prosper and even sometimes blame God or the church for our poverty in Africa
[/s]
grin grin grin
the op said "tithing" predated the law right?
Now am asking you who seem to be incredibly knowledgeable or tend to comprehend the OP better..what happened with circumcision and burnt offering that predated law?
Please answer with scriptures or be quiet! cool
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by desiredhome: 11:21am On Dec 16, 2018
Donald95:
I am not against tithing but I am against pastors that threatens their members with hell if they don't tithe

The reason there is Churches everywhere, bring ye your tithes, seeds everyday that there will be meat in the house, yet the meat is only for the founder, while the real church is in abject poverty, turning the Church to private business. Sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by openmine(m): 11:27am On Dec 16, 2018
hoopLA:

Lol

You are a foolish person if you persist with this nonsense.

I think you should be the one proving that melchizedek is Christ since you brought it up.

The passage says Christ is of the order of Melchizedek. It doesnt say he is.

Be careful how you twist the word of God.

I dont have time to engage in your folly
There are two thing i discovered about the OP
his understanding about "IS" and "LIKE".....
secondly,the bible explicitly states that Melchizedek had no beginning or end...
Other translations quote that same scriptures of having no "RECORDS of Melchizedek's beginning and end".....
The comparison was with the priesthood of Melchizedek with that of Christ's which is being the king of peace and righteousness and whose priesthood continues unabated NOT THEIR PERSONALITY!
while other priests die,christ priesthood continues

And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest: (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedeksmiley By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of DEATH: But this man(JESUS), because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood. Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself. For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.
Hebrews 7:20-28

With the scriptures above,no one can conclusively say that Melchizedek is Christ!
That is an aberration!

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by osifred(m): 11:30am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Why didn't the new testament record that sleeping with ones sister is bad?

Yet, we know because the old testament law said so.

I have always encouraged everybody to read the bible and pray to God for understanding. If everything is to be written, there won't be one book that can accommodate it. Therefore when you are born again, the spirit will direct you, not the law.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Vrengkat(m): 11:31am On Dec 16, 2018
Your religion is only thriving because Nigeria is still ignorant... It's already dying even... Your pastors should enjoy the tithe while it last
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by somehow: 11:33am On Dec 16, 2018
Good thing to do as a Jew, Pharisee, saducee and this was when the temple was still standing and levites existing. Not to Christians nor to anyone now that the temple and levites no longer exist.
alBHAGDADI:
Jesus mentioned tithing as a good thing to do in Mathew 23:23. But you are saying he never mentioned it as something to do.

Can you see that you are guilty of what you accuse me of?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Vrengkat(m): 11:34am On Dec 16, 2018
Your religion is only thriving because Nigeria is still ignorant... It's dying even... Let your pastors enjoy the tithe while it lasts
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by paxonel(m): 11:36am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

You didn't read the OP at all.

Please go back and read again. You will see that it is not every part of the law that got thrown away.

Please go and read it.
i read it,
It is true that ít is not every part of the law that got thrown away, but that should not be mistaken that tithing was part of the new covenant.

Christ did not condemn the jews tithing infact he encourages them to pay their tithe while they should not omit the weighter part of the law like you indicated, but this encouragment to the jews should not be mistaken it to mean that he was encouraging the gentiles to pay tithe as well.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by adelee777: 11:38am On Dec 16, 2018
Animal sacrifices also predate the law. Are you saying we should continue animal sacrifices as Christians?
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by sabi99(m): 11:41am On Dec 16, 2018
Oga u skipped Deuteronomy 12 go and read it and stop confusing yourself
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Trustee1: 11:45am On Dec 16, 2018
Donald95:
I am not against tithing but I am against pastors that threatens their members with hell if they don't tithe
Where else do you wanna go when you don't obey God's Doctrine? Heaven? It very obvious your types distest the truth. BTW, no one is threatening you.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by desiredhome: 11:46am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

He's expecting Christians to just start feeding every random person who has chosen to be lazy. Worse is that he expects tithe money meant for God to be taken directly to such lazy junkies.

So what do you understand by God's money? Please read Mathew 25:36-40 do some research on what Gods money is
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by bomsilaga(m): 11:48am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Jesus mentioned tithing as a good thing to do in Mathew 23:23. But you are saying he never mentioned it as something to do.

Can you see that you are guilty of what you accuse me of?
Jesus paid tax, why then is the church feeling too big to pay tax.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by bomsilaga(m): 11:48am On Dec 16, 2018
Trustee1:

Where else do you wanna go when you don't obey God's Doctrine? Heaven? It very obvious your types distest the truth. BTW, no one is threatening you.
Man's doctrine
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by desiredhome: 11:56am On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

@bold

I've told you to stop making claims you can't black up with the Bible. The church of God is not the society but the gathering of the brethren who have been baptized by the Holy Spirit. I hope you do know that the body of Christ is the Church.

1 Corinthians 12:12-31
Now you are Christ's body, and individually members of it. For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

So what is Gods' money, please read Mathew 25:36-40
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by nelsonoba: 11:58am On Dec 16, 2018
OgogoroFreak:
I have never for once paid tithe but I have millions breathing in my account and more millions coming in.

Jesus has an answer for you; " what shall it profit a man to gain the world (or billions) and lose his soul?"

If God commands us to pay tithe, and you deliberately refuse to do so even when you have been making profit, you don't need a prophet to tell you that you are disobeying God's word. And according to Jesus, "not all who say to me Lord Lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but those who obey the will of my father in heaven".

You answer yourself on this as you think life is all about your millions.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by hopefulLandlord: 11:59am On Dec 16, 2018
HardMirror:
imagine anas also saying she has the holy spirit just today in another thread. I almost died laughing. Every idiot has the holy spirit.
LoL

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by djon78(m): 12:00pm On Dec 16, 2018
Every day tithe tithe tithe....
Let those who believe pay.
You can't stop people from paying
Many do pay

Those who don't pay face there own life.
From now till the Lord comes
Tithe will still be relevant

Africans always love to overflog issues
Face your own life
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Sultannayef: 12:04pm On Dec 16, 2018
Religion is the greatest fraud invented..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by babadee1(m): 12:10pm On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Do you know what the problem os with you anti-tithers and everyone who believes the tithe money should be taken straight to widows and orphans instead of the house of God? You make decisions without Bible backings, in the process you offend God. Here you have said the house of God are widows and orphans. Where is that written in the Bible? You also said the society is the church. Where is that written in the Bible? Stop making claims based on your own understanding.

God said the tithe is his, he didn't say it is for widows even though he told the high priest to help the windows out of it. It is not your duty to give it to the widows because it means you are assuming the role of the priest. It is the duty of the priest to take some of the tithe and use it to help the needy.

Tithe is totally different from you helping the poor. Give God his dues and proceed to help the poor. Otherwise it will mean that you are wise in your own understanding.

And mind you, Jesus was talking about his brothers in that Bible Passage you quoted. Who are his brothers? They are believers, not some Tom divk and Harry across the street.

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

This means that his brothers whom we are to feed are actually needy Christians whom we can find in Church, not some random loser on the street who only wants to remain a junkie and lazy because he knows someone will feed him.

The Bible says that we are a royal priesthood. There is no special priesthood in Christianity, all believers are kings and priests. Therefore the practice of levitical tithing can no longer be possible under the new testament. Remember in the book of Acts of the Apostles, it says that all the believers had everything in common and no one said this or that was his. They brought what they had to the apostles and there is no record of tithing at all in the early church.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by koolaid87: 12:12pm On Dec 16, 2018
How much were you paid for this nonsense

Tithe kor, lose ni
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Ubdavis(m): 12:13pm On Dec 16, 2018
Charlatan what ever ....
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:17pm On Dec 16, 2018
nelsonoba:

Jesus has an answer for you; " what shall it profit a man to gain the world (or billions) and lose his soul?"

If God commands us to pay tithe, and you deliberately refuse to do so even when you have been making profit, you don't need a prophet to tell you that you are disobeying God's word. And according to Jesus, "not all who say to me Lord Lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but those who obey the will of my father in heaven".

You answer yourself on this as you think life is all about your millions.
I don't say to Jesus or anyone else "Lord Lord". angry

I don't waste valuable time on things like "Soul" "Spirit" "Ghost" "Heaven" - they are all gibberish to me.

The Bible is not my guide. I'm a very practical person. In life, I do only things that work for me and dump the things that doesn't work for me regardless of whether it's in the Bible or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by OG1BABY(f): 12:20pm On Dec 16, 2018
Brother, God bless you for this kiss kiss
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Is that passage against tithing? No

Does it support tithing? Yes.

Then why act as if it is one passage which I'm scared of quoting? It only explains how tithing should be done which false pastors aren't observing. It in no way cancels out tithing.

Why did u include this same scripture Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 - 28 in ur write up. Thieves
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by mickeymimi: 12:26pm On Dec 16, 2018
God is no respecter of man, pastors , GOs , me ,,You brethren. Be not mocked God is not deceived .... he knows your heart , intentions and deceptions. HE isthe God of the whole universe ..not just Nigeria.....God hates deception / deceivers.....

why didnt Jesus collect tithe .......................When did Christians (christ followers) started tithe collection after his death. (you need to read history if u dont know )

Why didnt Jesus whom we follow pay tithe........... when Christianity started with Jesus
Why didnt the Apostles collect tithe ................
..Why didnt the early chritians collect tithe

If God gave us instruction to tithe and is madantory....Shouldn't Christians respect God and do it in right order and steps given by God

!. Why change Gods order to tithe food produce to Money .......cos God knows the difference between money and Food
2. why not practise all the types of tithing God gave in Leviticus ... .... ...........God cannot be decceived
3. Why not eat your tithe , feed the poor and widows with it and also observing the feast associated with it........what explanation do u give God about that......that it is not necessary??

Why dump some of Gods order and pick the one that suit us.......why not follow all the laws given in the old testament as well.
Some says if u dont tihe you wont make heaven or things will be tight for u........... what about the other laws of God in old testament that you abandon alike not shaving ur beards , stoning etc........are they not part of Gods law.. ....so u tell God that the laws are old.......

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by elated177: 12:26pm On Dec 16, 2018
Mr albaghdadi, I have a few questions for you.

What do you believe in? Do not just tell me that your a Christian. I want to know what you, albaghdadi, stand for?

Prior to the Law, where did the Father in heaven command Abraham to give a tenth to Melchizedek?

Who did Jacob give the tenth to?

Who were the Levites? What was their function or duty or role?

During the Levitical priesthood, how many kinds of tithes existed? Which one did the Levites receive and when?

What was the tithe for!

What does Debut 14:22-29 mean to you? Anyrhing?

Regarding Matt 23:23, have never read John 4:21-24? Let me give you a little assistance. As at the time the Messiah made that proclamation, he had not ushered in the New Covenant.

Did either the Messiah or the apostles receive tithe?

What does the word "church" mean to you? What does the body of the Messiah mean to you? Can you check 1 Cor 6:15.

"Spiritual tribe in the order of Melchizedek"? Really? The so-called pastors? Really? How did you arrive at this conclusion? Did you arrive at this conclusion yourself based diligent search of the Scriptures or did a so-called pastor tell that?

Have you never read the following: Matt 18:1-5; Matt 20:24-28; Matt 23:8; 1 Peter 2:4,5,9?

"The pastors are the priests and "Jesus" the high priest"? Like seriously, where did you pluck this from? Again, have never read: Matt 20:24-28;1 Peter 2:4,5,9?

Where is this "house of God" you alluded to?

Are you family with John 4:21-24; 1 Cor 3:16-17 and 6:15,19,20?

Mr albaghdadi, your ability to answer these questions Scripturally will show you and those reading this particular post - and any other post of yours bothering on "religion" - the path you traversing --- whether the path truth and light or path of falsehood.

Please, when relpying, address to the username.

Others will also learn.

Thank you.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 16, 2018
djon78:
Every day tithe tithe tithe....
Let those who believe pay.
You can't stop people from paying
Many do pay

Those who don't pay face there own life.
From now till the Lord comes
Tithe will still be relevant

Africans always love to overflog issues
Face your own life

Tithing is a big issue n since pastors have been lying about it, there's an obvious need for a debate on the matter and Nigerians are doing justice to it online m offline.

Many have been exposed to the truth n they have stopped paying tithe to pastors, that's why Adeboye Oyedepo n their likes have been attacking Freeze
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by elated177: 12:28pm On Dec 16, 2018
I meant Deut 14:22-29.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by dane15: 12:30pm On Dec 16, 2018
Albaghdadi,

You have done well but I want to remind you that the success of every manual is in people being able to follow the processes in there, repeat them and get the same results.

This is one of the reasons why God who was so sure of the Tithing process, said or boasted in Mal 3:10.

Malachi 3:10 New Living Translation (NLT)
10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!.

God is not calling us to argue with each other. He is calling us to try it or test a process that works. I believe a Christian should be able to take a 3 months sample and compare happenings in his life with and without tithe. Case in point is Rockefeller:

The U.S. first billionaire said once in an interview:
Yes, I tithe, and I would like to tell you how it all came about. I had to begin work as a small boy to help support my mother. My first wages amounted to $1.50 per week. The first week after I went to work, I took the $1.50 home to my mother and she held the money in her lap and explained to me that she would be happy if I would give a tenth of it to the Lord.
I did, and from that week until this day I have tithed every dollar God has entrusted to me. And I want to say, if I had not tithed the first dollar I made I would not have tithed the first million dollars I made. Tell your readers to train the children to tithe, and they will grow up to be faithful stewards of the Lord.
— John D. Rockefeller, Sr.

Tan, P. L. (1996). Encyclopedia of 7700 Illustrations: Signs of the Times. Garland, TX

He began tithing even as a child, and became one of the richest men in the history of mankind through the business of petroleum. He came from a poor family and an absent father. But his mother taught him to put down a root of faithfulness, which still today brings prosperity to the Rockefeller family (his fortune when he died in 1937 was US$ 760 billion, adjusted to today’s rates. This is more than 12 times the wealth of Bill Gates).

Being faithful upon little is a test of character. Before giving much to someone, you test that person’s character by observing how he or she behaves when in charge of little.

Just as God gave oil to Rockefeller, He wants to give sources of wealth to His children. There are many treasures yet to be discovered, millionaire ideas, opportunities… Of course, God is hoping to find faithful and diligent servants whom He can give them to, before they fall into other hands…

Only fools doubt proofs.
There are so many things, that we do in the bible according to our level of understanding. As you begin to get more insight, you begin to outgrow some things. That is why it is a walk with God. God told Abraham to walk with him. If you don't believe in Tithe and offerings don't even bother to give because your unbelief has negated the blessings tied to it. Keep your money.

If you believe in it, then keep enjoying the blessedness of tithing. Personally, I tithe (by the grace of God I don't even pay 10% any more, I have passed that level because of my love for God.), I have a portion of my money for Charity and I take care of my family. In less than 10 years, my career has accelerated due to Kingdom practices like tithing. I have never been on the same salary for 1 year due to my covenant with God that as long as I keep my tithing in love, he should do what I cannot do for myself for me and it has been working. I know how many job offers I have rejected this year alone even from the juiciest of industries.

But to be honest, most of my friends that I know shouting "tithe is for charity" are the ones who are always reluctant to give to people. They are just hiding under the umbrella of charity to save. Looolz.

So in conclusion my people, when we get to heaven, it will be clear whether failure to tithe will take people to hell or not but Tithing clearly has its rewards on the earth and it is not by force. If we are truly all part of the same body let us not argue. If you do not want to pay, glory to God and Hallelujah. If you love to, glory to God all the same.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by bezimo(m): 12:38pm On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
This issue of tithing is one which has come under immense attack in Christianity today. I was once one of those who attacked the doctrine of tithing with so much zealousness right from my days on campus. It was after I stumbled on an article online which had me fooled. It had me fooled simply because my foundational knowledge about tithing was weak, perhaps I almost had no knowledge at all. Thanks to Pentecostal churches who never cemented one's foundation with good knowledge of tithing. That's why the heretic and horrible article could fool me for years. But I now know better and fully understand why Daddy Freeze is so zealous about his anti-tithe stance. He has been deceived also or he's intentionally a deceiver.

Now, let's address the issue of tithing and see some of the points anti-tithers have raised which most of these false men of God haven't been able to explain.They haven't been able to give any explanation because they never studied, they were just all about squandering the tithe money. That's why some professing Christians are abstaining from tithing due to the work of the anti-tithers. The shepherds who are supposed to guide the sheep haven't been doing their duty but fleecing the sheep. Now, unto the points they raise.

1. Tithing doesn't predate the Law

Speaking of the law, we mean the law of Moses to the children of Israel. In it is a command for them to pay tithe which was then given to the Levites, one of the tribes of Israel who had no landed inheritance but worked in God's house.

Numbers 18:24

But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance

But was that the first time tithe was mentioned in the Bible? No, it was mentioned way before Moses who gave the law was even born. Father Abraham was the first person to pay what the Bible called tithe i.e one tenth of all. Even before Abraham, the concept still existed e.g Cain and Abel.

Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek who was the Priest of the Most High God, who was Jesus Christ in the old testament.

Genesis 14:18-20
18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all

This clearly shows that Tithing existed before the law of Moses. We are children of Abraham through faith in God and we are to do the things which Abraham did. But there are some things Abraham did that we are not allowed to do. I'll show you those things and why we aren't allowed to do them.

Some might want to be smart by saying the tithe Abraham paid was of the spoils of war. Is that bad? He fought a battle with ten Kings and won, thereby possessing the spoils of war from which he paid tithe. Mind you, there was no LAW then to condemn war as something bad, if at all you think it is bad.

Romans 3:20
for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Out of their foolish smartness, they will still ask to know whether Abraham continually paid tithe. What they are saying is that the Bible should be all about Abraham paying tithe because there aren't other stories to write about.

Abraham's grandson Jacob also gave tithe before the law of Moses. Remember Jacob is the father of the Israelites whom Moses came from.

Genesis 28:20-22
20 And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,
21 So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the Lord be my God:
22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

But these scoffers and anti-tithers love to ask us to show them where it is recorded that Jacob really paid tithe. If the above passage is not enough for them to believe Jacob paid tithe, then showing them more verses will never be enough because they will keep asking for the third and fifth time he paid tithe.

2. Tithing in the Law

I'm glad that anti-tithers all agree that tithing was part of the law. But some of them are crazy enough to say it wasn't money and that it was agricultural produce. Those produce were what they used to quantify wealth then and even as a means of exchange. Job's wealth was measured in the amount of cattle, rams, camels, donkeys etc which he had. Why didn't the Bible right it in the amount of Dollars or Pounds or whatever currency was used then?

Today, everyone is not a farmer and never was tithing commanded to the farmers alone. That's why money is used as tithing today.

And yes, you are to eat of that tithe in Church. That's why Churches hold feast where everyone eats and merry in the house of God. If your church doesn't do that or hasn't in a long time, then there is something wrong.

3. Tithing after the Law

If you believe tithing is a Law of Moses, then it explains why you believe it is no longer valid now that we are under the grace of Jesus Christ. Before I explain why tithing never got outdated, let's first read the passage below which is actually Jesus talking, who received the tithe Abraham paid before the law was born.

Mathew 23:23
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

As seem above, Jesus never condemned tithing, he approved it. He only condemned the scribes and Pharisees and Hypocrites who lay so much emphasis on it but forget other important things of the law. According to Jesus, they ought to do all together. That period would have been a perfect time for Jesus to condemn tithing if he didn't want to keep receiving it. But he never did, instead he approved it.

Anti-tithers also foolishly say he wasn't talking to Christians but to the scribes and Pharisees. Guess what? He also mentioned hypocrites, and we have Christians who are hypocrites. They pay tithe but lack justice, mercy and faith which are the weightier matters of the law. They are so wicked that they exonerate the wicked and condemn the righteous because the wicked man is their tribesman. That's injustice. They also lack mercy and have placed their faith in their tithe instead of Jesus. That's why many of them think not paying tithe will make them end up in hell. Is it tithe that died on the cross to save them or Jesus?

Now, to all those who love to say tithing is done away with because we are no longer under the law but under grace. They love to quote the below verse.

Romans 6:14
for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Yes, we are not under the law because Jesus has given us grace. But wait, is it everything about the law that has been thrown away? If the law has been done away with, then that means a man can sleep with his sister, his mother and his father's wife which are what the law commands against.

Leviticus 18:6-8
6 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their unclothedness: I am the Lord.
7 The unclothedness of thy father, or the unclothedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her unclothedness.
8 The unclothedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's unclothedness.

That also means filthy homosexuals can continue with their disgusting act.

Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination

That means a man can also go ahead and have sex with his wife's sister.

Leviticus 18:18
You must not take your wife's sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is still alive

The above are just a bit of what the law is against which we as Christians have been able to do well in obeying. I ask anti-tithers, why are we still obeying these commandments of the law if they have been done away with? They will never have an answer. But when it comes to tithing, they are always quick to say it has passed away with the law.

Now, how do we know which aspect of the law we are to keep and which ones are totally done away with? You see, those aspects of the Old Testamemt laws which God doesn't want us to continue with, he clearly states them in the New Testament. Example is the dietary laws where he ordered that men should not eat pig and certain other animals.

1 Corinthians 10:25
Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:

"Whatsoever" means if it is a pig or an eagle or a cat. Remember how he also told Peter to eat those unclean animals.

What about animal sacrifices as done by Abraham and the Israelites under the law? That has been done away with because Jesus Christ the Holy Lamb has been slain once for all for our sins. We don't need to be slaying animals anymore, that is why that practice by Abraham is not followed by we his children of faith. You can read the entire Hebrews chapter for better understanding.

Hebrews 10:10
By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

What about an eye for an eye? In the Old testament, it was allowed as a law.

Exodus 21:24
Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

Jesus changed it in the New Testament.

Mathew 5:38-41
38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain

What about the law on adultery which requires that the adulterer be put to death?

Leviticus 20:10
And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Jesus changed that law in the New Testament

John 8:3-11
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

What about stoning a disobedient child to death as seen in Deuteronomy 21:18-21? Jesus changed that with his parable of the prodigal son. The sons in both Bible passages have similar character, yet one was allowed to live.

There are many more of such laws which got changed in the New Testament. The ones God wants us to continue with, he made clear in the New Testament. Now, can anti-tithers show me one single verse in the New Testament that shows that God has changed the law on tithing? They can't because it doesn't exist. Now since no verse tells us to stop tithing or that it has been changed, who are anti-tithers to tell us to stop tithing? What they are doing is simply speaking for God when he hasn't spoken. They are trying to infuse into the Bible verses that are not there. They are teaching man-made doctrines and are passing it off as God's commandment and trying to force us to obey them.

Mathew 15:9
teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

4. Pastors are not the Levite tribe of Israel.

Yes, pastor are not the biological tribe of Levites whom God said should collect tithes, but they are the spiritual tribe in the order of Melchizedek. That is why they can collect tithes and eat out of it. Jesus aka Melchizedek the Priest of the Most High God collected tithe when he met Abraham. The Levite priesthood got transfered back to the Melchizedek priesthood as seen in Hebrews chapter 7. The pastors are now the priest and Jesus the High Priest, hence the reason why they collect tithe which is used to run the church, provide food for the needy and pay the pastor's salary because he only works in church. If he decides to work elsewhere as well, fine, he will still get paid his entitlement. Some pastors can even decide not to receive salary like Apostle Paul. That doesn't mean those who do are wrong. Mind you, Peter and the Apostles did eat of the Gospel.

But shame and curses be unto all these false Daddy GOs and false prophets who have amassed great wealth off this doctrine. No wonder churches don't hold feast regularly anymore because the pastor swallows the tithe money, all of it. You all have brought shame to the body of Christ because your opulence is the reason why tithing is under attack today. It is simply because you are looked upon like a Good because you started the church and think you own it. Every decision of yours is final without any board of elders to curb your excesses. Your doom is near because you have moved from being a shepherd to a hireling or a wolf who cares less about the sheep, that's why you fleece them.

If you have been deceived by Daddy Freeze and the horde of anti-tithers, it's never too late to come back. I was deceived too. But I have promised to return to tithing as from January 2019 and it will be in a Baptist Church where pastors are subjected under the authority of the elders and board, where money spent is questioned.

Thank you very much.

#NOTICE

Giving your tithe to widows, orphans or to the needy is wrong. It should be given to the house of God because all the instances recorded in the Bible about tithing shows that it was given to the house of God. It is now the duty of the house of God to give part of it to the needy, widows, orphans etc. If you give to those people, please don't call it tithing.

Well articulated.
Re: Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus by ojonugwap(m): 12:38pm On Dec 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Is that passage against tithing? No

Does it support tithing? Yes.

Then why act as if it is one passage which I'm scared of quoting? It only explains how tithing should be done which false pastors aren't observing. It in no way cancels out tithing.

Then check your write up again

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply)

PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again / Illegal Abortion: Stephanie Otobo Petitions Against Apostle Johnson Suleman / Benny Hinn: 'Islam In Nigeria, Evil Powers Will Be Defeated'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.