Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,726 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) (9952 Views)

Osinbajo And El-Rufai Jet Out To London For A Meeting / Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership / 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Beaf: 12:59am On Aug 05, 2010
babapupa:

The fact is, this is nothing new, this is an annual event and the kids are in SA for good reasons, they are public school kids and the state investing in public school kids in this manner is a beautiful thing. The kids are in SA and this time next year, another grounp will be in another country or maybe even SA.

I'm happy for the kids

I'm happy for their parents

I'm happy for the great state of Lagos

The kids are in SA and if any of you sadists and backward villagers don't like it, jump off the nearest cliff.

This babapupa is a very amusing fellow. I can just imagine him hanging from one of those buses screaming, musin - olosaaaaaaaa!! grin
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by tpiah: 1:03am On Aug 05, 2010
i've long pointed out nairaland is full of half-literates and semi-illiterates who specialize in making noise simply because they can type.

that's all there is to it.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Mariory(m): 1:06am On Aug 05, 2010
Over two pages of utter trash. Well done to the kids. Good luck to others next year. These poor kids will hopefully, hopefully never have the misfortune of living under the leadership of some of the people on this thread.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 2:42am On Aug 05, 2010
Mariory:

Over two pages of utter trash. Well done to the kids. Good luck to others next year. These poor kids will hopefully, hopefully never have the misfortune of living under the leadership of some of the people on this thread.

Amen to that a million times,
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Nobody: 2:57am On Aug 05, 2010
[size=13pt]@beaf
I kinda got bored with babapupa's sly way of avoiding some valuable questions, but can you plz tell me if he has finally answered the question about the expenses of these trips?
[/size]
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 3:29am On Aug 05, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

[size=13pt]@beaf
I kinda got bored with babapupa's sly way of avoiding some valuable questions, but can you plz tell me if he has finally answered the question about the expenses of these trips?
[/size]

What about the expenses? Do you see Lagosians and the state legislatures crying because the state is doing one of the things they are charged to do which is investing and educating the kids? What's wrong with spending funds on public school kids and if they don't spend it on public school kids who and what do you suggest they spend it on?

Like I said, this is an annual program so obviously, the state/legislature must have made some budgetary allowance for it.

Is it not their statuary obligation to educate and create opportunities and look out for public school kids within the state?

So what's your point again.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Beaf: 3:35am On Aug 05, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

[size=13pt]@beaf
[/size]

No.

He has only injected one or two thuggish abuses and bravely stuck to [size=14pt]avoiding all questions[/size], because he has sussed that he is NL's "holy" Lagosian and is manfully putting up with persecution. cry
God bless his Lastma soul.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Nobody: 3:52am On Aug 05, 2010
babapupa:

What about the expenses? Do you see Lagosians and the state legislatures crying because the state is doing one of the things they are charged to do which is investing and educating the kids? What's wrong with spending funds on public school kids and if they don't spend it on public school kids who and what do you suggest they spend it on?

Like I said, this is an annual program so obviously, the state/legislature must have made some budgetary allowance for it.

Is it not their statuary obligation to educate and create opportunities and look out for public school kids within the state?

So what's your point again.

Everything is wrong. . . . esp when the state could cut the budget and spend it on it's "project" or "cleaning up Lagos".

Why are you blabbering like someone is against this program? We're against it's unnecessary international cost. What they're learning outside, is abundant enough to be learnt inside Nigeria.

I think Fashola is just trying to compete with the other Govts [which is sometimes a good thing], but he also needs to apply common sense.

Beaf:

No.

He has only injected one or two thuggish abuses and bravely stuck to [size=14pt]avoiding all questions[/size], because he has sussed that he is NL's "holy" Lagosian and is manfully putting up with persecution. cry
God bless his Lastma soul.

tehhehehe lol
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Kobojunkie: 4:09am On Aug 05, 2010
Lagoscians do not cry? Those who do are labeled[b] "COMPLAINERS", "NON TAX PAYING" residents, seen as "NON LAGOSIANS" and/or TRIBALISTS, and called cowards[/b]. Even told to move out of Lagos to their villages(even when they are right from Lagos state itself). With the LASTMA agberos around, many have probably been threatened and labeled ENEMIES of progress . . . 

Abegi! Lagoscians do cry, only when they do, they are immediately DISOWNED, and told they are definitely Not Lagoscians, even if their birth certificates show they were born to and maybe belong to Lagos families.

Come to think of that, that is in much the same way the @Biafrans immediately deny any Ibo who does not subscribe to their Biafran ideals . . . ROFLMAO!@ grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by tpiah: 4:20am On Aug 05, 2010
^^cry me a river. . . . . .
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 4:25am On Aug 05, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Everything is wrong. .  . . esp when the state could cut the budget and spend it on it's "project" or "cleaning up Lagos".

Why are you blabbering like someone is against this program? We're against it's unnecessary international cost.  What they're learning outside, is abundant enough to be learnt inside Nigeria.

I think Fashola is just trying to compete with the other Govts [which is sometimes a good thing], but he also needs to apply common sense.

tehhehehe lol

This is not only absurd, it's profoundly and hopelessly ignorant. Only a misguided and foolish leader places kids education beneath anything talk less street cleaning.

What is unnecessary to illeterates is important to educated people, if you don't like it, go file petition instead of wasting your breath on NL.

Now I see where your ridiculous argument is coming from, your education is obviously flawed, it's a total waste  and not up to par. The term knowledge is power mean anything to you?

Please stop subjecting the literate world to such shameful rubbish,
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 4:28am On Aug 05, 2010
tpiah:

^^cry me a river. . . . . .

Crap like that you really have to sidestep and ignore,
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Kobojunkie: 4:28am On Aug 05, 2010
[size=13pt]ROLFMAO!![/size]
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Nobody: 4:29am On Aug 05, 2010
babapupa:

This is not only absurd, it's profoundly and hopelessly ignorant. Only a misguided and foolish leader places kids education beneath anything talk less street cleaning.

What is unnecessary to illeterates is important to educated people, if you don't like it, go file petition instead of wasting your breath on NL.

Now I see where your ridiculous argument is coming from, your education is obviously flawed, it's a total waste  and not up to par. The term knowledge is power mean anything to you?

Please stop subjecting the literate world to such shameful rubbish,  

ONCE AGAIN, [b]NOBODY [/b]is against this PROGRAM!!!!

GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL! No disrespect, but geeeeeeeeeeez!!!!

I know you're Fashola's #1 "Fan", but learn to read jor.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by tpiah: 4:31am On Aug 05, 2010
ileke idi you really dont have to act this way.

for goodness sake, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!

Are you on drugs?
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Nobody: 4:31am On Aug 05, 2010
tpiah:

ileke idi you really dont have to act this way.

for goodness sake, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!

Are you on drugs?

lol tpiah.

I loooove you, I care for you, I want to marry you.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by tpiah: 4:32am On Aug 05, 2010
stop disgracing ekiti state!

ekiti people are known to be intelligent.

are you on a mission to destroy that image. angry
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by MaziUche0(m): 4:33am On Aug 05, 2010
I used to think tpiah was just a tribalist.

Now I know she is just an angry old hag.  undecided
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by tpiah: 4:35am On Aug 05, 2010
^^cry me a bucket.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by MaziUche0(m): 4:39am On Aug 05, 2010
tpiah:

^^cry me a bucket.

Ok, and I hope you choke off my tears. grin
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 4:56am On Aug 05, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

lol tpiah.

I loooove you, I care for you, I want to marry you.

The program is what it is, it's about kids undergoing leadership training abroad and gaining international exposure,

So my question to you is, is it possible to be against the cost and not the program itself?  Is cutting the cost not the end of the program? Do you think before you type or you just pull your thoughts out of your a/s/s?

Obviosuly, you don't think much of kids since you think spending money on street cleaning is way better that spending money on our leaders of tomorrow. You folks are not only dark minded and backward, you are hopelessly in any progressive society.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Nobody: 5:02am On Aug 05, 2010
babapupa:

The program is what it is, it's about kids undergoing leadership training abroad and gaining international exposure,

So my question to you is, is it possible to against the cost and not the program itself?  Is cutting the cost not the end of the program? Do you think before you type or you just pull your thoughts out of your a/s/s?

Obviosuly, you don't think much of kids since you think spending money on street cleaning is way better that spending money on our leaders of tomorrow. You folks are not only dark minded and backward, you are hopelessly in any progressive society.

ROTFL!! I cannot continue to stress my point. An enemy of progress like myself should not continue to commune with a brick wall like yourself.

If you actually have not gotten the point, how invaluable the international "exposure", esp to countries whose political policies we should STRIVE not to be "exposed" to, at this point. . . . then . . . .
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 5:04am On Aug 05, 2010
Just listen to these kids, this is so inspiring.

Responding to the address of the Commissioner, Speaker of the Parliament, Hon. Abono Emmanuel, thanked the Lagos State Government for giving them the opportunity of the leadership training abroad. He also thanked the Commissioner for Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation for her motherly care and interest since their tenure in the parliament.

The Speaker promised, on behalf of the other members that they would be of good behavior and good representatives of both the State and the country. He promised the Commissioner that they would make full use of the opportunity given them to become better children and leaders on their return.

In separate interviews, the students expressed their appreciation of the State Government's efforts to create opportunities for them in all spheres of life saying the opportunity to interact with other children in other countries would make them better and responsible children.

Responding to questions from newsmen, the Speaker of the Parliament, Hon. Emmanuel Abono, expressed pride and joy "for this privilege to go out of the country to see what is happening in other countries and to gain more knowledge in order to make positive change for the better when I come back".

Asked about his expectations from the leadership programme, the Speaker said, "My expectation is to be inspired; my expectation is to come back to become a good Nigerian, a great motivator not only to the children around me but the children of Nigeria in general and the children of Lagos State in particular.

Senate President of the Parliament, Hon. Esther Afolayan, in her response to journalists' questions, said she would utilize all the knowledge acquired at the programme to make things better for the people around her.

I don't even mind donating my own money or any resources at my disposal to help these kids.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 5:06am On Aug 05, 2010
^^^ Your only demented and dumb point is that the government should spend money on street cleaning instead of school kids.

So my question to you is, is it possible to against the cost and not the program itself?  Is cutting the cost not the end of the program?

Answering my question would have sufficed instead of the same mindless rants,
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Nobody: 5:08am On Aug 05, 2010
babapupa:

Answering my question would have sufficed instead of the same mindless rants,
Why should I repeat an answer that has been given to you countless times in the previous pages?

Do yourself a favor and read.

babapupa:

^^^ Your only demented and dumb point is that the government should spend money on street cleaning instead of school kids.

Ileke-IdI:

ONCE AGAIN, [b]NOBODY [/b]is against this PROGRAM!!!! Just IT'S UNNECESSARY INTERNATIONAL EXPENSE.

GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL! No disrespect, but geeeeeeeeeeez!!!!

I know you're Fashola's #1 "Fan", but learn to read jor.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 5:16am On Aug 05, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Why should I repeat an answer that has been given to you countless times in the previous pages?

Do yourself a favor and read.

Keep quiet and stop lying. No you did not and if you did, please show me and I'll apologize. Till then, your opinions remains retarded, mindless and meaningless.

If you have kids, make sure you spend your money on trash and garbage instead of educating your kids with your money,  what a backward dumb a/s/s.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Nobody: 5:19am On Aug 05, 2010
babapupa:

No you did not and if you did, please show me and I'll apologize. Till then, your opinions remains retarded, mindless and meaningless.

If you have kids, make sure to spend your money on trash and garbage instead of educating your kids with your money,  what a backward dumb a/s/s.

LOL you should rip your clothes, makes you seem more retarded like the lunatic you are.

Once again, name one prson on this thread who is against the education of these children? ode!

You've not done what I ask of you. . . . read up and get your question answered.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by MaziUche0(m): 5:22am On Aug 05, 2010
Wow the vitriol that is coming from this thread. Well at least the argument is not inter-tribal, but intra-tribal.

Carry on.  cool
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Nobody: 5:24am On Aug 05, 2010
MaziUche0:

Wow the vitriol that is coming from this thread. Well at least the argument is not inter-tribal, but intra-tribal.

Carry on.  cool

Hush up. .  . . you know I can easily change that if I want grin
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by MaziUche0(m): 5:26am On Aug 05, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Hush up. .  . . you know I can easily change that if I want grin

Why would you want to do something like that? What make an Igbo man's heart soar is to see Yorubas fighting amongst themselves. Just look at all the Igbos who are watching this thread.  grin So carry on. . .
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Nobody: 5:27am On Aug 05, 2010
MaziUche0:

Why would you want to do something like that? What make an Igbo man's heart soar is to see Yorubas fighting amongst themselves. Just look at all the Igbos who are watching this thread. grin
Yo, you are so creepy. It's not sexy. . . . fix yourself up.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by MaziUche0(m): 5:28am On Aug 05, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Yo, you are so creepy. It's not sexy. . . . fix yourself up.

Well thank you. tongue

Like I said carry on! Let me continue watching this gladiator fight. Babapupa where are you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Govt Buildings In Abuja &19 Northern States / 2019: What We Will Do To Vote Buyers – EFCC Chairman, Ibrahim Magu / Bandits That Attacked Bida Emirate Found, 8 Neutralized - Niger Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.