Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,059 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) (9951 Views)

Osinbajo And El-Rufai Jet Out To London For A Meeting / Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership / 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Liedetect: 3:02pm On Aug 06, 2010
Yeah, travel and all that,

thing is,  I cant decide if travel broadens the mind of the average Nigerian or traumatizes it. They meet with such disappointments and learn to look down on other races because these other races prove to be rather shallow and ordinary.  I know that before I left Nigeria i was a better person. I left Nigeria, full of strength and enthusiasm. I wanted to become a millionaire so that i could fulfill my  dream of helping my fellow black man wherever in the world he may reside. Nigeria thought me that. However, after my experiences abroad, I only learned how to hate.

I first learned to hate the white man, and then I learned to hate the black man born in the West. Now I am beginning  to hate most Africans. Seems travel made me a worst person. Now I only care about Nigeria and Nigerians. Funny thing is that i have not yet met a single Nigerian that i  hate although the world tells me that Nigerians are supposed to be the worst people in the world.  

anyway, wish em luck in South Africa.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2010
excogobs:

Tthe battle line is drawn already btw baba pupa and aloy emeka!

I don't do battle with resident illiterates,
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by dnative(m): 3:27pm On Aug 06, 2010
"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."

-St. Augustine
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Beaf: 3:41pm On Aug 06, 2010
Jencejyde:

@Mr Beaf, please enlighten me on how Nigeria is better than South Africa at the Moment!
Clear and valid bullet points would be appreciated

It is this sort of low self esteem that makes us never develop. How can you say other people are "BETTER" than yourself? It beats reason. You would think there was some sense in the saying that everyone feels that their moms soup is the sweetest, but here it has been turned upside down. No self pride, and thats the sort of sense of leadership those poor kids will be getting.

South Africa is the most violent country in the World, but, survey after survey has found that Nigerians are the happiest people in the World, you need to find out why.
I can fill several pages with cogent reasons about Nigeria is a better environment to train those who some hope will be the leaders of tomorrow. But lets start with the video below and realise that it happened more than once and no apologies have ever been issued.

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw3MKgqbT4g&hl=en_GB&fs=1[/flash]
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by RSA(m): 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2010
Beaf you've got your own issue bro that you must deal with.
South African goverment sent its student all over the world including Africa so I don't think it's about who is better than the other one.
The lessons won't be about the people  and their culture alone,but it is exposing this kids to positive things in Africa.You take this kids to a country in Africa that have systems that works,where residents pay tax and make the goverment acountable for their money,where residents finance the development of their country.Where a President is asked to resign and he oblige without any hussle.And also this Kids will learn that as  Africans they are as capable as any other western country in terms of developing their own technologies, infrustrutures, tourism industry, industrial sector, agricultural sector and other positives that South Africa have achived.

I think this is a good initiative from the Lagos goverment and this 42 will definetily share their experience with hundreds of other kids back home.I think the main reason for this trip is to inspire this kids.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by oyinda3(f): 4:37pm On Aug 06, 2010
that's nice. they need the exposure. it will build their confidence in their ability.
hopefully they come back to start working on NAIJA.

dnative:

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."

-St. Augustine

well put. "travelling" can be figurative too. Ie learning about other places whether through reading, hearing stories from those who have physically travelled etc. it's all about d exposure that u get.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by adconline(m): 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2010
[b]You don't have to be in Fashola's pocket to know that money spent on education is the best investment money can buy. Would you rather spend it on ignorance like yours?

Just because you and the other grumbling idiots think spending money to educate kids is a waste doesn't mean you are smart, it simply means you're foolish. It's like the other character saying spending money on trash collection is way better than spending money on school kids.

Of course you didn't leave your brain at Alausa, but it's sure buried under your feet. Thank God these kids are not in your mean spirited care.

What other way is there to spend public money if not spending it educating public school kids,

Spending money on public school kids is bad governance? That moronic statement has got to be the lowest and insane absurdity ever. I can't even believe what I'm reading with my eyes. No wonder Nigeria is bleeped up.

These clowns come here everyday talking about bad leadership, but still cry and spit ridiculous nonsense about spending money to give their kids quality education and sound global advantage.

Losers trying to breed more losers,
[/b]

The problem with your blind support for  Fashola's moves is that you don’t read between the lines. You are easily appeased and have selective amnesia. Most folks here are saying that it's not the most effective cost way of educating 42 students out of millions in the state. Spending money on 42 pupils out of millions is not a good leadership policy to begin with.
The problem I have with folks like you is your attitude toward govt spending of limited public funds. You still think its govt money controlled by Fashola and co and they can do as they wish. Guess what, you are in the hook for all the money these politicians spend or borrow. LASG has a huge debt obligation to its creditors and must be paid or serviced when you and Fashola are gone. Nigerians had your kind of attitude when FG was spending money on Festac, FIFA/CAF, training abroad and owambe parties, finally OBJ had to strike a deal with our debtors and Nigeria paid about $40 billion. The politicians who took these loans and benefitted from them did not pay with their money, but Nigeria's money that should have been used for other projects was used to settle these debts that never benefited a lot of Nigeria.

Is this an exchange programme between RSA educational institution and LSG? Would the participants earn some academic grades that would be transferred into their Naija coursework?
You keep talking about education as if that these kids would not be educated if they did not travel to RSA. Please stop insulting Nigerian with your low mental capability. What's the correlation between attending a leadership programme in RSA and smashing 9 As in WASC/NECO and over 300 JAMB?
Nigerians cried foul when Naija governors wanted to travel to the US for a leadership program that was supposed to be hosted by Harvard University. Are u saying that nothing could have been learned from this botched conference?  Off course, there is something to be learned, but at what cost to Niaja masses? But this is Naija where private gains trump public benefit. We are talking about  the opportunity cost of this RSA leadership training.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 5:52pm On Aug 06, 2010

The problem with your blind support for  Fashola's moves is that you don’t read between the lines. You are easily appeased and have selective amnesia. Most folks here are saying that it's not the most effective cost way of educating 42 students out of millions in the state. Spending money on 42 pupils out of millions is not a good leadership policy to begin with.
The problem I have with folks like you is your attitude toward govt spending of limited public funds. You still think its govt money controlled by Fashola and co and they can do as they wish. Guess what, you are in the hook for all the money these politicians spend or borrow. LASG has a huge debt obligation to its creditors and must be paid or serviced when you and Fashola are gone. Nigerians had your kind of attitude when FG was spending money on Festac, FIFA/CAF, training abroad and owambe parties, finally OBJ had to strike a deal with our debtors and Nigeria paid about $40 billion. The politicians who took these loans and benefitted from them did not pay with their money, but Nigeria's money that should have been used for other projects was used to settle these debts that never benefited a lot of Nigeria.

Is this an exchange programme between RSA educational institution and LSG? Would the participants earn some academic grades that would be transferred into their Naija coursework?
You keep talking about education as if that these kids would not be educated if they did not travel to RSA. Please stop insulting Nigerian with your low mental capability. What's the correlation between attending a leadership programme in RSA and smashing 9 As in WASC/NECO and over 300 JAMB?
Nigerians cried foul when Naija governors wanted to travel to the US for a leadership program that was supposed to be hosted by Harvard University. Are u saying that nothing could have been learned from this botched conference?  Off course, there is something to be learned, but at what cost to Niaja masses? But this is Naija where private gains trump public benefit. We are talking about  the opportunity cost of this RSA leadership training.

Why waste your lousy time typing this rubbish? I'm not interested, quote your ignorant friends and share it with them.

The kids are in SA and the state is doing what we expect our leaders to do which is to educate our kids and give them the best opportunities in life and if you don't like it and it bothers you so much or it's giving you sleepless nights, slit your wrist and call it a day.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Jencejyde(m): 6:47pm On Aug 06, 2010
Beaf:

It is this sort of low self esteem that makes us never develop. How can you say other people are "BETTER" than yourself? It beats reason. You would think there was some sense in the saying that everyone feels that their moms soup is the sweetest, but here it has been turned upside down. No self pride, and thats the sort of sense of leadership those poor kids will be getting.

South Africa is the most violent country in the World, but, survey after survey has found that Nigerians are the happiest people in the World, you need to find out why.
I can fill several pages with cogent reasons about Nigeria is a better environment to train those who some hope will be the leaders of tomorrow. But lets start with the video below and realise that it happened more than once and no apologies have ever been issued.

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw3MKgqbT4g&hl=en_GB&fs=1[/flash]
well said!

Let me quickly point out a thing or two. I said "Are we better than them?" And mind you i am referring to the present state of things in Nigeria, which will categorically make RSA a better environment than Nigeria. And please list  about 10 cogent reasons why Nigeriais a better environment than RSA PRESENTLY to train those who intend to be leaders of tommorow.

About the self esteem thing, truth is bitter but let me quickly point out to you that as an individual just like some other Nigerians out there, i have never been short of self esteem and listing my achievements would be of no use on a forum like this. But look around you and tell me quickly, what Nigeria has achieved has a nation in the past ten years, Please tell me

Is it stable electricity?
Is it good governance
Is it law makers turning the senate into a boxing ring every now and then
Is it not being able to mount a decent bid for common Commonwealth games
Is it having Govt officers being chased around on allegation of forged certificates
Is it a country where the president is not on seat and paid govt spokesmen are lying blatantly about his whereabout on public tv
is it a country where Policemen go on strike
Is it people stealing billions and can still wake up tommorow campaignin to be the next president
Which president has voluntarily stepped down in Nigerian history
is it where lectures demand sex before they score you grades
Is it where you have a fake Nysc camp and until now it has been in existence, NYSC camp oh(imagine at that level
Is it where petrol marketers can put the nation to ransom at will just because they want to increase the price in gas products(lets wait and see what will happen again in December)
Is it a place where they want to kill someone who promised to devise a plan whereby electricity will be stable in Nigeria
Is it a place where we spend billions of money on just a single sector and yet nothing works
is it a counrty where NTA(Nigerian television authority is now planning to sell decoders and by so every nigerian will now be paying for the rubbish they show everyday(just wait and see the adverts coming soon)
Is it aplace where rail stations can't seem to exist because some cabals have their trailers running the show
is it a place where electricity fails at the NATIONAL AIRPORT and sometimes you need to fan yourself because the Aircons are not working. Got to Johannesburg and see the difference. Even Angola's Airport is by far better and you are here talking about self esteem. Wait oh, more to come

Is it where you can acquire a driving license without learning how to drive.
is it where you can't register a company easily without having to either pay through you nose or wait for close to year just because they have no database, or computer is bad or Nepa took light or there is no diesel in the generator( CAC oh!!)
Is it aplace where we have so many natural resources and a tiny country that took away Palmoil from us to go and develop is now boasting of an economy that is ranked in the top 50. This particular story makes my heart weep.
Is it a country that continually loses it best sporting talents to other countries when its own country's officials are always asking for egunje(bribe) before they can be considered. Please ask the USA's football team central defender. Another pathetic story of whom i was quite close to. His father just told him to go back to his college and concentrate on playing for the US.
Is it a country where you don't have to sit for an interview and still get a job because your father is this or your mum is that. How many peeps actually get a fair chance at surving. My dear friend "low sself ESTEEM is not my problem nor that of the average Nigerian, because if you can survive here then you can almost survive anywhere.
Again is it the outrageous pay of senators when the level of poverty and huger is so high that all they can think of is how to draft a bill for increase of their already stupendous paychecks

We are the happiest people according to reports but look around you and tell me if people in Nigeria are really HAPPY, Men boys dey vex!!!!

The most violent country in the world "RSA" has hosted the two Competitions or three of the highest Level, which one have we done? They are already planning to stage a bid for the olympics and we are still trying to sort out our FA.

I love Naija die, but right now the state of things in this country is bad!!! Hate it or love it, IT IS BAD! get in touch with one or two peeps in high places and find out how a few set of individuals are the ones playing chess with the lives of150 million peeps
A country where people dont have the final say, what is there to be learnt. Again I love my country and even if i have traveled far and wide, i as a person do not see any reason to stay back in any of those countries because i know the depth of potentials in mine. A pity that some few smart people are just milking us dry.

Do you know how many elements can be derived from the composition of unrefined crude oil, over 250!!! over 250 of which the export of a single element can fetch us millions and yet we are wallowing in poverty, tell me what i need to learn oh.

If our west African Neighbors Ghana with a population that is barely one third of ours can produce a team that was made up of relatively unknown  players and barely missed qualifying for the semifinal of the WC,, then its a big shame on us as a nation that  most African nations were looking up to.Yet we want to say we are better than SA

have you seen the road network in Ghana and have you noticed that they don't have okada's that's of course if you have been there. Have you noticed the serenity when you get to the Airport in Nairobi Kenya compared to the filth that plagues you when taking Oshodi to our own airport

For International image have you noticed how strong a south African passport is compared to our own.
Or is it how you are almost stripped naked at airport terminals just because you are a Nigerian all in the name of searching,

I still love my country die oh,,,,but lets face it we are getting it wrong and others are catching up and leaving us behind. the sooner we realise the better,

Can you take a certificate from a Nigerian University to look for Job in Europe or America and they would even recognize your country or just tell you to go and sit for SAT or TOEFL with your masters degree here oh! Big Shame. let alone the fact that if they google up the name of your institution they either see a half baked website or none in this time and age.

Look at Wits university and see what they are doing just google it up "Wits University RSA" i weep for my country.

My brother i have watched your video but that then again look back at the Jos crisis here and tell me which one is more callous.

Whichever way you see it, the fact still remains that these kids have an opportuntiy to get exposure and be it RSA, Kenya, Egypt, wherever,,, it is a case worth applauding.

Anticipating your reply!
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by royalicon(m): 6:55pm On Aug 06, 2010
Good idea
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 07, 2010
Jencejyde:

well said!

Let me quickly point out a thing or two. I said "Are we better than them?" And mind you i am referring to the present state of things in Nigeria, which will categorically make RSA a better environment than Nigeria. And please list  about 10 cogent reasons why Nigeriais a better environment than RSA PRESENTLY to train those who intend to be leaders of tommorow.

About the self esteem thing, truth is bitter but let me quickly point out to you that as an individual just like some other Nigerians out there, i have never been short of self esteem and listing my achievements would be of no use on a forum like this. But look around you and tell me quickly, what Nigeria has achieved has a nation in the past ten years, Please tell me

Well I have to say from your posts you do definitely lack self-esteem and you are full of negativism, ignorance and pessimism.
By the way what are your achievements?
Nevertheless there are hundreds of reasons why Nigeria constitutes a better learning environment for those kids than South Africa not the least of which is that those kids are Nigerians and learning more about the country will only boost their leadership credentials.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Liedetect: 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2010
Could take apart Jencejyde points bit by bit if i had the energy. Anyone could draw up any amount of faults about any nation and list them down without difficulty. Not to mention that there is another huge argument out there to do with models of development.

On the other hand, one could chose to look on any number of his points from  different perspective. For instance, one could chose to argue that it takes a huge amount of discipline and good-fate on the part of the citizens of a nation for that nation to  survive when their elected leader goes AWOL. Few nations in Africa would have survived what Nigeria did. 

I was looking about fault finding sometime ago because i was wondering what crap i could dig up to post about various nations if only Niraland had  sub-forums dedicated to the Nations of many of the people that like to come on here to post fart about Nigeria. You'd be amazed at whats out there, especially on America, the so-called greatest Nation. 

I could find and post bad things about:

Ghana
South Africa
America
Libay
Kenya
Britain
etc,etc

There are enough bad things about these countries and others to sustain a sad poster for years.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Mariory(m): 5:00pm On Aug 07, 2010
OMFG people! They are only going there for one week. They are not going there to renonce their Nigerian citizenship and live forever on Lagos public money. The rest of their school lives (on public money) will be spent in Nigeria. ONE WEEK!
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Katsumoto: 5:08pm On Aug 07, 2010
Mariory:

OMFG people! They are only going there for one week. They are not going there to renonce their Nigerian citizenship and live forever on Lagos public money. The rest of their school lives (on public money) will be spent in Nigeria. ONE WEEK!

Bros, me sef tire.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by adconline(m): 5:13pm On Aug 07, 2010
Why waste your lousy time typing this rubbish? I'm not interested, quote your ignorant friends and share it with them.

What a replica of sycophancy and idiocy. Any person who doesn't agree with your lopsided view of this training programme  is either moronic or ignorant while ignoring other issues the opposing parties might have raised. I expected you to go ballistic on rebuttals instead of calling names, but then again, you don't have a better argument

The kids are in SA and the state is doing what we expect our leaders to do which is to educate our kids and give them the best opportunities in life and if you don't like it and it bothers you so much or it's giving you sleepless nights, slit your wrist and call it a day.
Keep talking as you expose more of yourself. Why didn't Naija governors fly to Harvard for a leadership conference? Is RSA leadership conference better than Harvard? Is RSA better than USA in terms of leadership  skills? Or in the scheme of things, aren't Naija governors in  dire need of leadership training than these kids?

I dont need your answers, cos you haven't gotten one, only Fashola is the messiah and cannot make bad policy decision.  C.S.I NL=I cant Stand Idiots on NL
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Horus(m): 11:32pm On Aug 07, 2010
The kids are in South Africa to learn. They are the new leaders of tomorrow. Only a new seed will yield a new crop. Only by basing government on new knowledge can we rise out of this unfortunate situation.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 12:40am On Aug 08, 2010
adconline:

What a replica of sycophancy and idiocy. Any person who doesn't agree with your lopsided view of this training programme  is either moronic or ignorant while ignoring other issues the opposing parties might have raised. I expected you to go ballistic on rebuttals instead of calling names, but then again, you don't have a better argument

Keep talking as you expose more of yourself. Why didn't Naija governors fly to Harvard for a leadership conference? Is RSA leadership conference better than Harvard? Is RSA better than USA in terms of leadership  skills? Or in the scheme of things, aren't Naija governors in  dire need of leadership training than these kids?

I dont need your answers, cos you haven't gotten one, only Fashola is the messiah and cannot make bad policy decision.  C.S.I NL=I cant Stand Idiots on NL
  Is this idiot retarded or just too dumb and can not read? One more time, take your hate and rubbish elsewhere. Quit hating on little kids. abi they forced your kids to go to south africa ni? and this is not about me, you or fashola, it is about educating kids and giving them needed opportunities and like i said, if you dont like it, kill yourself.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Akosbaba(m): 1:05am On Aug 08, 2010
Thumbs up fash
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Jencejyde(m): 8:41pm On Aug 08, 2010
tensor777:

Well I have to say from your posts you do definitely lack self-esteem and you are full of negativism, ignorance and pessimism.
By the way what are your achievements?
Nevertheless there are hundreds of reasons why Nigeria constitutes a better learning environment for those kids than South Africa not the least of which is that those kids are Nigerians and learning more about the country will only boost their leadership credentials.
Truth is bitter my dear friend but the way you are talking about me lacking self-esteem and full of negativism, ignorance and pessimism, it seems you are not one of the happiest people on earth. Shame, but then again you are human and Nigerian as well.

fulffilment in life is an achievement and while Bill gates and Warren buffet can say they are accomplished the ordinary man who has a phd or bsc and can afford to feed his family and provide their basic needs and meet realistic demands, then you will certainly agree with me, that can be described as achievement from an individual perspective. Again what if i told you that i have a B.sc, Over 7 internationally recognized IT Certifications and Former Junior National Snooker champion, once a deputy captain of the Ogun State Football team, own my own company and blah blah blah amongst other things, would it affect you in any way? No!!! But then again the fact that i am quite fullfiled and happy to give back to my community what i have gained over the years is quite an achievement for me. I really don't have to be Roman Abrahamovic, Tiger woods, or Lebron James before i can say i have achieved something in life( although i go be big boy like them sha, LOL!)

Hope you are getting my point. Unlike the morons who are supposed to be our leaders and weigh their achievements on how much money they have rather than how beneficial they have been to the society at large.

seriously, like for real, Are you happy with the way Nigeria is or let me put it this way.Would you sincerely as Nigerian want your children to be educated in Nigeria if obviously you have the funds to send them abroad, Don't lie oh!

Not that we do not love Nigeria or we are full of hate, but should we look around us and smile and say we are happy with the current state of things?, don't blame Fela for saying , "Suffering and Smiling".

Again, there is absolutely nothing wrong in sending those kids out to SA for this training and if you ask the parents of those kids how they feel, they would forever be grateful and thankful to the governor. Afterall they have not spent up to 74Billion that the new inec chairman is requetsing to put our electoral process in order. Haba , as a Nigerian am i supposed to be happy , knowing that just about 2 0r 3 years ago, some billions were issued out for this same purpose which has yielde no dividends, or do you want us to remain stupid for the rest of our lives in the name of self-esteem, negativity and what have you. please shine your eye, all is certainly not well in Naija at the moment and to make it bad we often wash our dirty linen in public more often than others, Quote me if i'm wrong.

P.s I would want to know some of those reasons why you believe Nigeria constitutes a better learning environment for those kids than South Africa.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Jencejyde(m): 8:51pm On Aug 08, 2010
Horus:

The kids are in South Africa to learn. They are the new leaders of tomorrow. Only a new seed will yield a new crop. Only by basing government on new knowledge can we rise out of this unfortunate situation.

good talk!
Liedetect:

Could take apart Jencejyde points bit by bit if i had the energy. Anyone could draw up any amount of faults about any nation and list them down without difficulty. Not to mention that there is another huge argument out there to do with models of development.

On the other hand, one could chose to look on any number of his points from  different perspective. For instance, one could chose to argue that it takes a huge amount of discipline and good-fate on the part of the citizens of a nation for that nation to  survive when their elected leader goes AWOL. Few nations in Africa would have survived what Nigeria did. 

I was looking about fault finding sometime ago because i was wondering what crap i could dig up to post about various nations if only Niraland had  sub-forums dedicated to the Nations of many of the people that like to come on here to post fart about Nigeria. You'd be amazed at whats out there, especially on America, the so-called greatest Nation. 

I could find and post bad things about:

Ghana
South Africa
America
Libay
Kenya
Britain
etc,etc

There are enough bad things about these countries and others to sustain a sad poster for years.

Well said!
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 09, 2010
Jencejyde:

fulffilment in life is an achievement and while Bill gates and Warren buffet can say they are accomplished the ordinary man who has a phd or bsc and can afford to feed his family and provide their basic needs and meet realistic demands, then you will certainly agree with me, that can be described as achievement from an individual perspective. Again what if i told you that i have a B.sc, Over 7 internationally recognized IT Certifications and Former Junior National Snooker champion, once a deputy captain of the Ogun State Football team, own my own company and blah blah blah amongst other things, would it affect you in any way? No!!! But then again the fact that i am quite fullfiled and happy to give back to my community what i have gained over the years is quite an achievement for me. I really don't have to be Roman Abrahamovic, Tiger woods, or Lebron James before i can say i have achieved something in life( although i go be big boy like them sha, LOL!)

These are good achievements no doubt and I commend you for them as well as your solid points.
But you did raise my hackles by highlighting a few negative aspects of past and present Nigeria without putting them into context.
There are still a lot of positive  features about the country that one could use to combat the negative features you previously posted.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by dlox01(m): 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2010
tensor777:

These are good achievements no doubt and I commend you for them as well as your solid points.
But you did raise my hackles by highlighting a few negative aspects of past and present Nigeria without putting them into context.
There are still a lot of positive features about the country that one could use to combat the negative features tou previously posted.

whatz so negetive about what she posted,where is the line btw negetivity and facts??pls contest side by side the points she has droped and stop repeating thesame thing. A state in nigeria sends kids to SA for a week and you are all ranting like prostitutes that have been over fu.cked for change.
companies with 1/10 income send thier staff for training,whats da biggie?NFA/NFF sent how many people to SA for over a month and they came back with results, it think i would rather that spent on those kids dan yakubu, jokes apart, SA is a wonderful place to learn, i know for sure that thier schools are far better than ours and basic things are given to them the students. na just a wk abeg, stop all this ranting!!!!
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Jencejyde(m): 3:26pm On Aug 09, 2010
tensor777:

There are still a lot of positive  features about the country that one could use to combat the negative features you previously posted.
Certainly there are, but we seriously need to start putting those positives in the limelight ASAP.

dlox01:

whatz so negetive about what she posted,where is the line btw negetivity and facts??pls contest side by side the points she has droped and stop repeating thesame thing. A state in nigeria sends kids to SA for a week and you are all ranting like love-peddlers that have been over fu.cked for change.
companies with 1/10 income send thier staff for training,whats da biggie?NFA/NFF sent how many people to SA for over a month and they came back with results, it think i would rather that spent on those kids dan yakubu, jokes apart, SA is a wonderful place to learn, i know for sure that thier schools are far better than ours and basic things are given to them the students. na just a wk abeg, stop all this ranting!!!!
Lol! norring do u jare!
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by dlox01(m): 9:47am On Aug 11, 2010
Jencejyde:

Lol! norring do u jare!

you know something iv noticed in NL, Fashola is probably the most hard working and probably the only governor giving a go at change but he is also the most negetivly critisized, you dont hear these critics say anything about Alao akala, coz the order of the day here is you do nothing they say nothing, akala wouldnt even browse the internet talkless of looking at NL but i think he needs more of this sh!t talk. I really cant believe what im reading bout sending kids to SA, how much does it cost to maintain 1 senator(at least 250 mill) and what have they brought us?whats the result?house of rep?naija police?customs?Federal Govt?, list is endless,
one thing fashola can never do to those kids is to remove what they have learnt and the experience they have gained that would be of benefit those kids in future. if you think its a wasteful avenue ask yourself 'how many things have you done in life that you think is wasteful and how many do others think is wasteful' compare them to the gains/acheivment and then ask yourself again if they are really wastefull.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Jencejyde(m): 12:51pm On Aug 11, 2010
dlox01:

you know something iv noticed in NL, Fashola is probably the most hard working and probably the only governor giving a go at change but he is also the most negetivly critisized, you dont hear these critics say anything about Alao akala, coz the order of the day here is you do nothing they say nothing, akala wouldnt even browse the internet talkless of looking at NL but i think he needs more of this droppings talk. I really cant believe what im reading bout sending kids to SA, how much does it cost to maintain 1 senator(at least 250 mill) and what have they brought us?whats the result?house of rep?naija police?customs?Federal Govt?, list is endless,
one thing fashola can never do to those kids is to remove what they have learnt and the experience they have gained that would be of benefit those kids in future. if you think its a wasteful avenue ask yourself 'how many things have you done in life that you think is wasteful and how many do others think is wasteful' compare them to the gains/acheivment and then ask yourself again if they are really wasteful.

Men, God bless you for what you just said. spoken my mind in a different manner. Again they seem to forget that the people benefiting from this program are just kids, underprivileged KIDS! I wonder how some people criticize without taking into cognizance the fact that there is a lot to gain from this type of program in the Long run, a prospect where we have usually failed to put into our plans in Nigeria. It's even sadder to think that it's only one governor out of how many in this federation that is even organizing such initiatives. I duff my hat to Fashola

Im wondering wether they would prefer senators, commisioners and co to be the one to be sponsored on such a programmme. Have you noticed how much as been approved by the Fg for the new INEC chairmans budget, 74 Billion!!! and yet people are here complaining that Fashola is wasting money by sending KIDS to SA,

Look my person, lets just pray and hope a revolution will come and Nigeria will truly be revived, Until then, it's still along road ahead for us in this country.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by psdave: 4:17pm On Aug 11, 2010
we need more of dis in d whole Nigga, I just came from 4rm NYSC camp, if u see wat Nigeria is producin as fresh graduates, they know nothing about True Leadership.so hw will d so-called future leaders lead??
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by texazzpete(m): 7:59pm On Aug 11, 2010
Why not bring these people here to Nigeria to deliver the leadership training? This would ensure that loads more kids are exposed to the training.

I'm not convinced that this is the best way to spend taxpayers' money. Just my 2 cents.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 8:40pm On Aug 11, 2010
texazzpete:

Why not bring these people here to Nigeria to deliver the leadership training? This would ensure that loads more kids are exposed to the training.

I'm not convinced that this is the best way to spend taxpayers' money. Just my 2 cents.

And the best way to spend tax payers money is to fly in folks from SA, pay them, lodge and feed them? So it's OK to deny our kids the experience of traveling out to learn and see other cultures, but it's cool to fly in people from outside and give them the same opportunities to learn and see other cultures you just denied our kids, all with the same tax payers money? Are you making any sense at all?

Try thinking forward instead of backward.

What about killing 2 birds with one stone via our kids going over there, learning and at the same time expose them to a different culture, people, way of life and boost their global understanding and also return to share the wonderful and lifelong experience with their constituencies? Are youTry thinking forward instead of backward.

Anyways, you should read and comprehend the article, it explained the propose/Reasons why the kids are in SA.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by texazzpete(m): 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2010
babapupa:

And the best way to spend tax payers money is to fly in folks from SA, pay them, lodge and feed them? So it's OK to deny our kids the experience of traveling out to learn and see other cultures, but it's cool to fly in people from outside and give them the same opportunities to learn and see other cultures you just denied our kids, all with the same tax payers money? Are you making any sense at all?

Try thinking forward instead of backward.

What about killing 2 birds with one stone via our kids going over there, learning and at the same time expose them to a different culture, people, way of life and boost their global understanding and also return to share the wonderful and lifelong experience with their constituencies? Are youTry thinking forward instead of backward.

Anyways, you should read and comprehend the article, it explained the propose/Reasons why the kids are in SA.

And how much value does travelling overseas add? We're talking of exposing more kids to this leadership training, is flying 40 kids overseas better value than importing the training courses for 200 kids?

babapupa:

You'll fly in a few folk and lodge and feed them. Even you should be able to see that this is definitely going to be cheaper than taking 40 kids to SA. And i'm not sure what 'culture' any learning administrators will imbibe if they spend one week in a Lagos hotel.

Also, since when did it take flying overseas to learn about other people? This is just lazy talk. Just by watching documentaries, movies and reading books i know a whole lot about the culture of others.
Your stubborn insistence on overseas travel as a major way of assimilating culture shows you failed to take advantage of such learning opportunities when you were young. Your loss, not mine.

PS: Most of our thieving politicians have travelled overseas to more functional societies - what good has that done for Nigeria?
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 9:39pm On Aug 11, 2010
texazzpete:

And how much value does travelling overseas add? We're talking of exposing more kids to this leadership training, is flying 40 kids overseas better value than importing the training courses for 200 kids?

You'll fly in a few folk and lodge and feed them. Even you should be able to see that this is definitely going to be cheaper than taking 40 kids to SA. And i'm not sure what 'culture' any learning administrators will imbibe if they spend one week in a Lagos hotel.

Also, since when did it take flying overseas to learn about other people? This is just lazy talk. Just by watching documentaries, movies and reading books i know a whole lot about the culture of others.
Your stubborn insistence on overseas travel as a major way of assimilating culture shows you failed to take advantage of such learning opportunities when you were young. Your loss, not mine.

PS: Most of our thieving politicians have travelled overseas to more functional societies - what good has that done for Nigeria?

I really don't have time for backward and shortsighted thinking today.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by texazzpete(m): 9:59pm On Aug 11, 2010
babapupa:

I really don't have time for backward and shortsighted thinking today.

That's a surprise! You've been doing that all day.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by mystikal(m): 3:33am On Aug 12, 2010
So sending 42 lucky kids to South Africa for just a week will cripple the Lagos Economy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state / 2,000 Pvcs Seized From Expatriates In Lagos / LP: Lamidi Apapa Appeals Judgement affirming Abure as National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.