Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing (30941 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Leke Adeboye On Farming And Trade By Barter / Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:26pm On Dec 18, 2018
Lifestone:

Go read your Bible Bro, the Levites even though they are one of the tribes in Israel, the tribe was ordained as Priest and no other tribe is permitted to produce Pastors (Priest). In today, Pastors are our Priests and are entitled to collecting tithes

will you shut up!!!! bloody thief!! were all levites priests? Are we still practising the levitical priesthood?

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Jaynom(m): 12:36pm On Dec 18, 2018
pp802:
I use to support freeze about tithing and I stopped paying tithe until he tweeted that he pays his tithes secretly while bashing pastors!

Now I pay my tithe

Listen to freeze at your own peril
That was an old interview sir! That was 2years ago! I honestly believe you are a Troll grin
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by colestephan86: 12:40pm On Dec 18, 2018
raptex:
Daddy freeze took to Instagram to reply Nairalander who said Jesus Christ approved tithing.

Here's a link to that thread- https://www.nairaland.com/4906753/daddy-freeze-liar-tithing-very

I'm just surprised how people will disagree on a book that has as many versions as possible . Just pick it up and read it . As it is I expect that all doctors and lawyers should have read the entire bible after all it's not as voluminous as their books.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Lifestone(m): 12:41pm On Dec 18, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

will you shut up!!!! bloody thief!! were all levites priests? Are we still practising the levitical priesthood?
But I am only using the scripture quoted by DF himself.
I have disproved him on his own argument.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Ayobami7(m): 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2018
我大河内
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by ehissi(m): 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2018
The bitterness with which he preaches or teaches, destroys his message.

The NIV translation of the bible says in Galatians 3:24-25 that

Gal 3:24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

Meaning, the law was just a guide for you to help you understand, the mind of God a little better.

You see this reflect in 1cor 9:9-14, when Apostle paul was teaching about givings and collections amongst other issues in the Corinthian church....

1Cor 9 For it is written in the Law of Moses: “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain.”[a] Is it about oxen that God is concerned?

10 Surely he says this for us, doesn’t he? Yes, this was written for us, because whoever plows and threshes should be able to do so in the hope of sharing in the harvest.

11 If we have sown spiritual seed among you, is it too much if we reap a material harvest from you?

12 If others have this right of support from you, shouldn’t we have it all the more?
But we did not use this right. On the contrary, we put up with anything rather than hinder the gospel of Christ.

13 Don’t you know that those who serve in the temple get their food from the temple, and that those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar?

14 In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.

Here we see Paul, by Faith showing folks the attitude the Lord expects of people in the matter of givings , expressed in something as simple as a law - from the old testament, Deutronomy 25:4 - that bars them from Muzzling - locking shut - the mouth of oxen that plough the farmlands.

Meaning, if the Lord will not have you lock the mouths of beast that plough your fields while they work, then what makes you think He will have priests who Minister to you barred from partaking of your givings and left to suffer in hunger? (This goes to show that issues of giving to Ministers of God existed even before Daddy freeze was ever born).

Was He really showing mercy towards oxen or trying to teach the children of israel how to honour priests who labour in love over them in prayers, teachings and the word?

The Children of Israel had been living under the reign of the pharoahs in Egypt for 400yrs, with very few of them ever knowing, worshipping or receiving any form of encounters with the Lord and hence tended to see the God the way the Egyptians did.

The law, was sent to them to help them see/serve Him differently as a guide, hence throwing or doing away with law completely is unwise.

In relation to tithing, a deep study of the tithe, which really means "The tenth", is just a obligation commanded by the laws in the old testament. It meant " a tenth part of", so a tithe of 10 talents will be one talent, which is just 10% (all the mathematicians, please gather for selfie here.........grin)

What I feel people fail to look at, which will give greater insight into the mind of God on the subject is where the tithe was meant to be directed towards.

You will also note that more than one tithe exists in the bible (I know some people here will be gobsmacked shocked).

Most times, whether by poor study or a need to win an argument against the uninformed or to mislead or just stark immaturity Daddy freeze mostly makes reference to the tithe the Lord demanded be used to eat/celebrate God's goodness in the form of a feast for you and your entire family and the priests around you. He intentionally lays less emphasis on the fact that even the priests/levites were to have a portion in your feast......Deut 14:22 - 27.

For those of you, who see drinking any form Alcholic drink as a sin, see Deut 14 : 26 .......... This is not me promoting alcoholism (wisdom and moderation is the key) because as a matter of faith, I dont indulge in alcohol of any kind, except for cake which I know is mostly preserved with the same alcohol which some people say is a sin to consume. (So you don't drink sinful alcohol but you eat cake preserved with it? angry .Sinner like you....... grin)

There is also the tithe he asked to be given to the poor, levites, strangers, fatherless and widows in form of a feast - which he said must be done every 3 years. Deut 14: 28-29.

And there is the sacred tithe, was to be given to the Levites for the service to Him Numbers 18:21-24

Now the law is done and dusted courtesy the Love of God expressed through Jesus, but is that an excuse to now neglect the poor, strangers -stranded or otherwise, orphans and widows?

The Law is done and dusted but is that an invitation to abandon the very Spirit of thanksgiving?

The law is done and dusted, is that why we shouldn't pay tithe to Pastors who labour over us in the word, prayer and Ministry? The argument typically here is that the tithe was meant to be given to Levite and that tribe doesnt exist here.

True, but even Number 18:21 tells us why we ought to offer it.

Nums 18:21: “I give to the Levites all the tithes in Israel as their inheritance in return for the work they do while serving at the tent of meeting" NIV

Num 18:21: And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation. KJV

The Levites are in stranded in Israel battling to reclaim Jerusalem as a capital but does that eliminate the work of God, the service of the Lord, rendered to minister to His people?

There are those who will still insist that only the levites are qualified to collect tithe, in line with Daddy Freeze's teaching. Everyone else is a thief who receives it.

That teaching is just as unscriptural and naive as the teacher. For by that teaching we can say that Melchizedek who received tithe of Abraham in Genesis 14:18-20 is a thief.

And the scriptures let us know that Jesus is a priest after the order of the same Melchizedek, meaning Jesus not only comes from a Priesthood of thieves but also gave some apostles, pastors, teachers evangelist and prophets (Eph 4:11-12) ordained ministers into a priesthood of thieves......... lipsrsealed (Bia........ undecided This table you are shaking with your teaching is a Jesus table with apostles therein seated......undecided)

That is what I call confusion and 1Cor14:33 makes it clear that

"33 For God is not the author of [a]confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints."

Hebrews 7:7-11 is an eye opener on the status of levi and pastors of today.

Heb 7:7: "Now beyond all contradiction the lesser is blessed by the better.

8 Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives.

9 Even Levi, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, so to speak,

10 for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him.

11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron? "

Question I now ask Daddy Freeze's disciples is this; the Priests after the Order of Aaron ordained by Moses and the Priests after the Order of Melchizedek as Ordained by Jesus through the Holy Spirit which is higher?

You see even in Heb 7:11, it reiterates the fact that law was given under Levi, the same law that demanded tithing. Levite were not born in the time of Abraham. So Abraham was not compelled to give tithe to Melchizedek because of a law. He did so by Faith, striving to please God in the Spirit.....

That is the key to tithing. The conclusion of the matter is to remember the poor, orphans, the stranded/helpless/strangers and the widows around you; remember the Lord for his Goodness through feast of thanksgiving/harvest/bazaar etc and also Remember the Priest for Ministering to you in the name of the Lord, for in doing so you honour who sent Him to do that work.

Now there are those who make a case for fake Pastors and say they won't give tithes nor offerings because they believe all Pastors are fake. My dear I say to you, that such a statement is an indictment of something I cannot even diagnose. Because the fake is the proof of existence of the original.

One Major reason you will never see a fake 2000 naira note. Because a #2000 note does not exist, but you may see a #1000 that is fake. To even say a Pastor is fake iz proof that a real one exist, so to choose to use that as an argument to justify your unwillingness to participate financially in the things of God is just fantastic.....

If all are fake, it means you have no business attending any church since all are fake (that's Satan strategy to start keeping you as far away from God's word as possible under the teachings of a trained minister as well as denying you the pleasure of participating in His presence in a local asembly).

For me Rev 22:10-12 is the simple attitude to adopt towards whomever you think is fake,

"10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be."

Do your part as you perceive the Lord demands of you and move on. Provided the church or local assembly ministers to you in the word and you are nourished in that place and you observe that you increase in wisdom, knowledge and Spiritual growth, go there and do your part, or else take off and prayerfully ask God to lead you to right place where your Spiritual growth is certain, not all this mindless online church with digital anointing that minister more questions than answers......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by InvertedHammer: 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2018
/
How a rule that was succinctly given to the Jews in relation to God and their tribes became a rule of extortion in far away Nigeria beats me.

Who are the Levites? If you like sell your houses and give to the Adeboye and Oyedepo of this world, it does not guarantee salvation. Kneel down and talk to your God if need be. There is nothing special about those charlatans. They eat, poop and wear their trousers one leg at a time like all humans. They will be food for termites as well.

/

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by AngelicBeing: 12:45pm On Dec 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://media./images/67655b5f3cd33f3b5dd36ab93a020e58/tenor.gif[/img]
AlBHAGDADI Ghen ghen,
food is ready. Kikiki ki ki.
tongue
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by tunjijones(m): 12:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
manikspears:

and what do you want to do with that? well am an anglican and we give account of our spendings and incomes. which i for one just don't care as long as God answers my prayers and i make heaven cheesy. if you want your account balance and your church isn't doing it move to another church na. na everyday churches dey spring up for nigeria. better still start one.

Dats why daddy freeze is attacking them.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by ehissi(m): 12:56pm On Dec 18, 2018
marvinsync:

stop lying...

See the videos with your own 2 eyes for yourself......

https://www.legit.ng/1207899-daddy-freeze-opens-continued-paying-tithes-preaching-video.html
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by nnaeyes6: 12:59pm On Dec 18, 2018
Finally, Daddy Freeze get bad mouth.
His response to the guy concerning Malachi is something else.
Why would u tell a man that pays tithe always that he looks hungry in all his pix?
Is hate speech daddy Freeze
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Ezonman(m): 1:02pm On Dec 18, 2018
mrAMG:
Why are Nigerians stubborn?

I feel the problem is from our educational system; majority of Nigerians cannot read properly not to talk of correctly interpreting a text.

Daddy freeze is showing it to you live but somehow you choose to remain blind.

How will someone say giving to the
widows and needy is wrong
He did not say is wrong, he said that is not call tithing.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by hfc80: 1:03pm On Dec 18, 2018
pp802:
I use to support freeze about tithing and I stopped paying tithe until he tweeted that he pays his tithes secretly while bashing pastors!

Now I pay my tithe

Oga stop spreading hearsay
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Ufedolove: 1:04pm On Dec 18, 2018
My own stance on this matter is Matthew 23:23 [Woe unto you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy and faith: these ought ye to have done, and to leave the other undone.]

Why are Nigerian pastors more concerned about the tithes and offerings more than the basis of Christianity "Jesus Christ, with His salvation"? They even threaten their congregation with hell fire when the Bible is clear on the issue of tithing. Even if Daddy Freeze is wrong (of which I doubt) all along, the Nigerian pastors abuse of tithing and neglecting the real teachings God expects them is just enough for any reasonable person to suspect them.
I've been to so many churches and heard different pastors preach and to be honest, I'm highly disappointed. Most of these guys claiming to be men of God just say words that will ginger you to drop money. They don't teach you anything in the Bible. That's why most follow-pastor church goers can't even tackle Daddy Freeze with the scriptures. It's such a shame

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by CodeTemplar: 1:08pm On Dec 18, 2018
Freeze has been switching his arguments and contradicting himself when arguing about tithes.
I f we remember well when he first appeared on the scene with the anti tithe movement he was saying Jesus never asked us to tithe and now Mathew 23:23 has shattered all that he has to go back to the scripture and try to nullify some biblical analogy related to tithe.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by IgweBUIKE1(m): 1:13pm On Dec 18, 2018
sabi99:
freeze is very correct.....some people give to pastors more than they give to their wives, husbands, kids and relatives. some give to pastors year in year out without paying a visit to either hospitals to visit the sick, to the prisons, or to the motherless to visit. I keep on telling people that we are not to be judged by how much tithe we gave but by how we have shown love to our needy, poor, sad, sick, naked, homeless and heartbroken neighbours......May God bless you freeze anywhere u are. may God bless you again freeze
on point bro...I have a friend that believe giving to church will guarantee him success,,funny part is that he neglect his nephew...dude is so annoying

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Olajah81: 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2018
mrAMG:
Why are Nigerians stubborn?

I feel the problem is from our educational system; majority of Nigerians cannot read properly not to talk of correctly interpreting a text.

Daddy freeze is showing it to you live but somehow you choose to remain blind.

How will someone say giving to the widows and needy is wrong

U get plenty sense....
Bravo
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by IgweBUIKE1(m): 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2018
Chukazu:
Mathew 23:23 clearly approves of tithe , and that is new testament, I don't know what Freez is saying again?

One of his argument was that it doesn't exist in new testament
tithe ain't the weightier matter of the Lord....love is ...who told you money is the only tithe you can pay? love is supreme bro

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by BluntBoy(m): 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2018
Frankyboy1:
Mr freeze there re many ills bedevilling our society, leave pastors and tithe alone,

He is addressing one of the ills bedevilling our society.

Tithing scam is one of the ills bedeviling our society. Enforced tithing is a scam. The New Testament emphasized freewill giving and not mandated giving.

It is fraudulent to use scare tactics to collect people's money.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 18, 2018
Lifestone:

Go read your Bible Bro, the Levites even though they are one of the tribes in Israel, the tribe was ordained as Priest and no other tribe is permitted to produce Pastors (Priest). In today, Pastors are our Priests and are entitled to collecting tithes
You are just repeating what I said. Well, Keep paying if you think they're entitled.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by sweetrace(f): 1:23pm On Dec 18, 2018
asuustrike1:

AlBHAGDADI knows the scriptures much more than freeze who takes one bible verse for a buttress a point.

Seriously?
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by donnie(m): 1:30pm On Dec 18, 2018
Ufedolove:
That's why most follow-pastor church goers can't even tackle Daddy Freeze with the scriptures. It's such a shame

Tackle him for what? Is he holding my money? If he doesn't tithe,, how does it affect me. Has any church shut down because of him?

Last I checked sef, the guy is frustrated cos things have become tight for him.

So e no consign me.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 18, 2018
sweetrace:

Seriously?
Yes. That guy is sound in the word of God. I can call him a Christian by his fruit
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 18, 2018
sweetrace:

Seriously?
Yes
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by manikspears: 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2018
tunjijones:

Dats why daddy freeze is attacking them.

he doesn't need to. there is a passage in the book of revelations that gives full accounts for false prophets and their punishments. it is better to be a IndecentStar or a yahooboy than to be fake prophet.if only you know the judgement that awaits them.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Psoul(m): 1:39pm On Dec 18, 2018
I really don't hate this man called Freeze. He is a very intelligent man. Very zealous to work for God. I love those attributes in him.
There is one thing he has failed to understand about God. You can not test God in the laboratory. You can neither solve Him like an equation nor understand Him with the wisdom and logic of a man.

God said, Whoever He will have mercy on, He will and vise versa. He said Essau I hated and Jacob I love. There is nothing u can do about that. You will not understand His ways the way we humans think. Why did He chose Jacob over Essau even before their birth? He is God.

Whenever I read from this intelligent Mr Freeze, I see Apostle Paul in him.
Paul(Saul) was a zealot. He was a Lawyer. A very intelligent man that loves God. He was so learned that he was interpreting the things of God with his educational wisdom. As he was doing this, believing strongly that he was working for God not knowing he was working against God. He fought and killed the early disciples for calling Christ the son of God. His Wisdom taught him the God was not a man and how dare u call a man born by a mortal woman son of God. For this, all the disciples of that man that declared himself Son of God must be killed to 'save God from the embarrassment of a mere man arrogating to himself Son of God."

Saul never believed that he was fighting against God as he was doing these until that day that God decided to turn that his strength in a better use. God met him on his way to Damascus where he(Saul) had perfected plans to launch a heavy onslaught on the Christians. God asked him, "why are you persecuting me?"
That marked the beginning of Saul's convert. He started working for that which he earlier worked against.

In conclusion, Freeze is really working for God but by using his man's wisdom. This has made it look as if he is persecuting the ministry he is working for. I pray that it won't be long wen God will turn this power/strength in him into serving Him(God) the right way. I also believe that just like Apostle Paul, when he got converted, he started gathering together those he scattered as Saul. When God will start using Freeze, God will give him the duty to start unteaching people the false gospels/doctrines he taught them earlier.

God bless Freeze and continue filling him with Divine wisdom that will lead him into knowing the Divine truth.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by BluntBoy(m): 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
Lifestone:

Who was a priest and who is a pastor?

A priest offered sacrifices to God on behalf of the children of Israel. There were places he could enter that no one else could enter. God, was in the real sense, only accessible to him. But through Christ's Sacrifice, God is now accessible to everyone. We no longer need earthly priests. Christ is now the High Priest and it is only through Him that we can have access to God. So, how can you be mocking Christ's Sacrifice on the Cross by saying that pastors are today's priests?

Now, who is a pastor? The appropriate word is shepherd or teacher. His duty is to teach the Word to new converts and bring them up for the work of the ministry that God has entrusted in the hands of every of his children.

However, pastors can be likened to priests. But not just pastors. Every believer is a priest. Not a priest of the Levitical Order who collected and received tithes. We are a new priesthood offering sacrifices to God through the High Priest who is our Lord Jesus Christ.

You can offer sacrifices in many ways such as helping the needy, propagating the gospel, teaching the gospel to new converts and even participating in programs that promote peace in your community.

3 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Geesaintagape: 1:58pm On Dec 18, 2018
pp802:

Now I pay my tithe

U didnt get him well then. He said he was still paying while fighting it initially until he finally stop. Remember old Custome die hard
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Lifestone(m): 1:58pm On Dec 18, 2018
BluntBoy:

Who was a priest and who is a pastor?

A priest offered sacrifices to God on behalf of the children of Israel. There were places he could enter that no one else could enter. God, was in the real sense, only accessible to him. But through Christ's Sacrifice, God is now accessible to everyone. We no longer need earthly priests. Christ is now the High Priest and it is only through Him that we can have access to God. So, how can you be mocking Christ's Sacrifice on the Cross by saying that pastors are today's priests?

Now, who is a pastor? The appropriate word is shepherd or teacher. His duty is to teach the Word to new converts and bring them up for the work of the ministry that God has entrusted in the hands of every of his children.

However, pastors can be likened to priests. But not just pastors. Every believer is a priest. Not a priest of the Levitical Order who collected and received tithes. We are a new priesthood offering sacrifices to God through the High Priest who is our Lord Jesus Christ.

You can offer sacrifices in many ways such as helping the needy, propagating the gospel, teaching the gospel to new converts and even participating in programs that promote peace in your community.
Again I will pick my argument entirely from your proposition,. You have rightly said that Christ is the High Priest, He has removed the need to offer animal sacrifices unto God since he has offered himself as the last sacrifice. Today the Pastors stand in the position to guide mankind unto God through the Lord Jesus Christ which is exactly what the Priest then were doing and God rewarded them with the tithes.
It's an heresy for anyone to claim that tithe are meant only for the have nots or that the payers has discretion to appropriate it the way they want. Vs 28 & 29 of the scripture DF quoted was very clear. Don't let us mislead the gullible.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by sweetrace(f): 1:59pm On Dec 18, 2018
asuustrike1:

Yes. That guy is sound in the word of God. I can call him a Christian by his fruit

By his fruit? Do you know what he does? Do you know how he’s lived his life? I don’t and so I can’t tell if he is a Christian or not. But as per the topic, Freeze has schooled him. I love the way Freeze always uses the Bible in black and white to buttress his point. Your friend like a lot of church goers we have now shy away from any part of the Bible that contradicts the teachings of their pastors. Forgetting that the Bible should be their yard stick always.
Your knowledgeable friend said that tithes should always be taken to the church. In the Bible it says not to forget the Levites, widows, orphans... in other words those that could not provide for themselves. The priests then could not provide for themselves because they had no land to farm on. They were there to serve God and His people. Unlike quite a number of pastors we have today who are here to be worshipped.
The task that Freeze has undertaken is a daunting one. People especially Nigerians don’t want Christianity. They don’t want the finished work of Christ. They prefer to buy their way out of anything. They pay tithes and expect to be blessed. They do not understand that God will bless them simply because they are adopted into His family through Christ.
I am surprised they are not killing rams and sprinkling the blood as they burn the carcass. Maybe the blessings will flow faster.
Anyway, to each his own.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Geesaintagape: 2:02pm On Dec 18, 2018
Freeze always uses bible words for words while the thief calling them self pastors look for sentiment n brainwashed supporters
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by BluntBoy(m): 2:13pm On Dec 18, 2018
Lifestone:

Again I will pick my argument entirely from your proposition,. You have rightly said that Christ is the High Priest, He has removed the need to offer animal sacrifices unto God since he has offered himself as the last sacrifice. Today the Pastors stand in the position to guide mankind unto God through the Lord Jesus Christ which is exactly what the Priest then were doing and God rewarded them with the tithes.
It's an heresy for anyone to claim that tithe are meant only for the have nots or that the payers has discretion to appropriate it the way they want. Vs 28 & 29 of the scripture DF quoted was very clear. Don't let us mislead the gullible.

It is not just the responsibility of the pastor to direct mankind to God.

It is the responsibility of every believer in Christ to be a light to the world. You are not just a Christian for the sake of warming a bench. If you have been a Christian for many years and still think that only pastors are expected to direct mankind to God, then you are no different from the man who was given a talent and went to bury it instead of multiplying it. On judgement day when Christ asks how you went about the Great Commission, you will tell him, "My Lord, I was not a pastor, just a benchwarmer".

As for tithes, I don't have a problem with freewill offering that the New Testament emphasized.

However, I have a problem with enforced tithing. It is fraudulent to scare non-tithers with hell or financial difficulty.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Lesego Daniels Gives Flowers To Members To Eat. Photos / Sexual Temptations And The Movie Industry / Ebube Muonso’s 10,000 Capacity Church Dedicated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.