Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,078 members, 7,814,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing (30926 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Leke Adeboye On Farming And Trade By Barter / Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by MichaelBukamzy(m): 2:14pm On Dec 18, 2018
post=73951596:

Yes he is, with a popular moniker, only few people know that.
And so are other people you read about on the news!
We know quite a few of them here........
I dont know him. but i know phyno,tiwa savage,ifeanyi ugwuanyi(enugu governor),tunde ednut and actor junior pope.phyno is very popular at romance section,with a very awkward name.i just laugh when ladies over there broke shames him.i dont see tiwa's anymore,tunde was busted last week,my governor is active on politics section but uses a female moniker

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 18, 2018
sweetrace:

By his fruit? Do you know what he does? Do you know how he’s lived his life? I don’t and so I can’t tell if he is a Christian or not. But as per the topic, Freeze has schooled him. I love the way Freeze always uses the Bible in black and white to buttress his point. Your friend like a lot of church goers we have now shy away from any part of the Bible that contradicts the teachings of their pastors. Forgetting that the Bible should be their yard stick always.
Your knowledgeable friend said that tithes should always be taken to the church. In the Bible it says not to forget the Levites, widows, orphans... in other words those that could not provide for themselves. The priests then could not provide for themselves because they had no land to farm on. They were there to serve God and His people. Unlike quite a number of pastors we have today who are here to be worshipped.
The task that Freeze has undertaken is a daunting one. People especially Nigerians don’t want Christianity. They don’t want the finished work of Christ. They prefer to buy their way out of anything. They pay tithes and expect to be blessed. They do not understand that God will bless them simply because they are adopted into His family through Christ.
I am surprised they are not killing rams and sprinkling the blood as they burn the carcass. Maybe the blessings will flow faster.
Anyway, to each his own.
Freeze knows nothing he is just deceiving his followers.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Icon79(m): 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2018
So your tithing is dependent on whether Daddy Freeze says or does, eh? You can't read the Bible and make an informed decision for yourself, regardless of what anybody says

Sorry for you! shocked

O pari

pp802:
I use to support freeze about tithing and I stopped paying tithe until he tweeted that he pays his tithes secretly while bashing pastors!

Now I pay my tithe

Listen to freeze at your own peril
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by labanj1(m): 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2018
Chukazu:
Mathew 23:23 clearly approves of tithe , and that is new testament, I don't know what Freez is saying again?

One of his argument was that it doesn't exist in new testament
It indicates tithing of crops(mint, anise and cummin) and not money as propagated by the church today.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by labanj1(m): 2:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
BluntBoy:

Who was a priest and who is a pastor?

A priest offered sacrifices to God on behalf of the children of Israel. There were places he could enter that no one else could enter. God, was in the real sense, only accessible to him. But through Christ's Sacrifice, God is now accessible to everyone. We no longer need earthly priests. Christ is now the High Priest and it is only through Him that we can have access to God. So, how can you be mocking Christ's Sacrifice on the Cross by saying that pastors are today's priests?

Now, who is a pastor? The appropriate word is shepherd or teacher. His duty is to teach the Word to new converts and bring them up for the work of the ministry that God has entrusted in the hands of every of his children.

However, pastors can be likened to priests. But not just pastors. Every believer is a priest. Not a priest of the Levitical Order who collected and received tithes. We are a new priesthood offering sacrifices to God through the High Priest who is our Lord Jesus Christ.

You can offer sacrifices in many ways such as helping the needy, propagating the gospel, teaching the gospel to new converts and even participating in programs that promote peace in your community.
Thank you. Most Christians don't even know who they are in Christ. How will they understand this?
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by deebrownneymar: 2:55pm On Dec 18, 2018
This tithing thing should be addressed once and for all. To tithe or not to tithe. With all I've seen tithing today is not scriptural.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Chukazu: 2:57pm On Dec 18, 2018
labanj1:

It indicates tithing of crops(mint, anise and cummin) and not money as propagated by the church today.

No.the passage Clearly shows that they give tithe of all things and all things includes#money
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 18, 2018
ednut1:
If God starts collecting the tithe himself today. 90% of the churches in nigeria would close down. The average nigerian pastor is a scammer

Yet, they are all friends of God. If you know, you know.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Chukazu: 2:59pm On Dec 18, 2018
IgweBUIKE1:
tithe ain't the weightier matter of the Lord....love is ...who told you money is the only tithe you can pay? love is supreme bro

Love is the weighier matter, but doesn't cancel the other .

The problem is if we then make tithe the weighier matter.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by labanj1(m): 3:05pm On Dec 18, 2018
Chukazu:

No.the passage Clearly shows that they give tithe of all things and all things includes#money
Pls show me where it includes money? All examples of tithes in the bible were crops.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by mozona(m): 3:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
hmm
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Chukazu: 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2018
BluntBoy:

Who was a priest and who is a pastor?

A priest offered sacrifices to God on behalf of the children of Israel. There were places he could enter that no one else could enter. God, was in the real sense, only accessible to him. But through Christ's Sacrifice, God is now accessible to everyone. We no longer need earthly priests. Christ is now the High Priest and it is only through Him that we can have access to God. So, how can you be mocking Christ's Sacrifice on the Cross by saying that pastors are today's priests?

Now, who is a pastor? The appropriate word is shepherd or teacher. His duty is to teach the Word to new converts and bring them up for the work of the ministry that God has entrusted in the hands of every of his children.

However, pastors can be likened to priests. But not just pastors. Every believer is a priest. Not a priest of the Levitical Order who collected and received tithes. We are a new priesthood offering sacrifices to God through the High Priest who is our Lord Jesus Christ.

You can offer sacrifices in many ways such as helping the needy, propagating the gospel, teaching the gospel to new converts and even participating in programs that promote peace in your community.

If we go by this assumptions thus this scriptures would be none avoid.

3:1 “And to the angel of the church in Sardis write, ‘These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: “I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead. Rev3

Ephesians
4:11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,

4:12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,

We are indeed all priest, with Christ as our high priest but that does not in any way remove the position of Spiritual authority in Churches.the "Angels" been referred to are" priesthood authorities"in those churches
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by murphybo(m): 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2018
pp802:
I use to support freeze about tithing and I stopped paying tithe until he tweeted that he pays his tithes secretly while bashing pastors!

Now I pay my tithe

Stop making wrong references what he said was he used to pay and find it difficult to stop in the beginning while still preaching it but eventually stopped when his finally convinced by seen the truth
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by sweetrace(f): 3:11pm On Dec 18, 2018
asuustrike1:

Freeze knows nothing he is just deceiving his followers.

Seriously! The one who knows nothing always has salient points from the Bible to buttress his stance. You guys that know all just keep on calling his names without any points to refute his claim. And by the way, it shouldn’t be a case of anyone vs anyone. It should be Christians coming together to rub minds.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 18, 2018
sweetrace:

Seriously! The one who knows nothing always has salient points from the Bible to buttress his stance. You guys that know all just keep on calling his names without any points to refute his claim. And by the way, it shouldn’t be a case of anyone vs anyone. It should be Christians coming together to rub minds.
Yes Christians coming to rub mind which I agree but not with people that abuse pastors. The break away of many churches has cause more harm than good
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:57pm On Dec 18, 2018
@ Chukazu,

I replied your post with my main account and got banned. I don't know what I did.

In your post to me, you mentioned spiritual authority.

What do you understand by spiritual authority? It appears like you are confusing church hierarchy with spiritual hierarchy. You think that since a pastor teaches, he has spiritual authority over his listeners.

No, bro. If you think that pastors have spiritual authority over you, then you must see yourself as inferior to a pastor before God.

Listen, every believer has spiritual authority, especially over the Devil. The pastor teaches the flock and prepares them for the work of ministry.

As for the verse about apostles, evangelists, etcetera, that verse is not actually as straightforward as you may think and it is even well-debated. It is one of the most debated verses in the Bible schools I attended.

The same goes for Revelation. Interpretations are not as easy as you make them.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by alBHAGDADI: 3:59pm On Dec 18, 2018
asuustrike1:
cc:AlBHAGDADI come and give freeze another dose. It seems your message is hitting some persons well done bro as the gate of hell will not prevail. Lucifer's agent will continue to fail

Thank you my brother.

I was just watching the video of his reply to my article which he shared on YouTube. I can tell you that it was full of trash. I will start writing a part 2 of that article and it will also address this his latest challenge, even though I didn't plan to include it.

I would have loved to post it this Sunday, but I am moved to shift it for later because I really have to debunk the lies and attacks people have been issuing against CHRISTMAS.

This reason why I want the Christmas sermon to come up this Sunday is because 2 days later is actually Christmas. I want people to be armed with the truth so that the lies from these anti-christmas people won't shake them a d prevent them from celebrating the Festival. Then from January, I will put a good post which will finally expose the liar and deciever called Freeze.

Thanks friend.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by alBHAGDADI: 4:03pm On Dec 18, 2018
Chukazu:

These people are not only lacking in spirit but are also blind and act like illiterates. They read but do not understand because the devil has blinded them.

When they see "tithes of ALL", they still boldly say it doesn't involve money. Is money not also covered by the word ALL?

They are blind. I will reply them soon.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Chukazu: 4:06pm On Dec 18, 2018
BluntTheApostle:
@ Chukazu,

I replied your post with my main account and got banned. I don't know what I did.

In your post to me, you mentioned spiritual authority.

What do you understand by spiritual authority? It appears like you are confusing church hierarchy with spiritual hierarchy. You think that since a pastor teaches, he has spiritual authority over his listeners.

No, bro. If you think that pastors have spiritual authority over you, then you must see yourself as inferior to a pastor before God.

Listen, every believer has spiritual authority, especially over the Devil. The pastor teaches the flock and prepares them for the work of ministry.

As for the verse about apostles, evangelists, etcetera, that verse is not actually as straightforward as you may think and it is even well-debated. It is one of the most debated verses in the Bible schools I attended.

The same goes for Revelation. Interpretations are not as easy as you make them.

@boldeld ...you can't read the books of Timothy and Titus and still talk about debating the passage.

Apostle Paul was clear on Spiritual authorities and order in the church

BTW sorry for ban on your account
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by sweetrace(f): 4:10pm On Dec 18, 2018
asuustrike1:

Yes Christians coming to rub mind which I agree but not with people that abuse pastors. The break away of many churches has cause more harm than good

I have been following this for a while now and I remember the pastors being the ones to insult him and mock him. I can remember a pastors son actually saying derogatory things about Freeze. All Freeze was saying for some time was that the pastors should prove him wrong with texts from the Bible. Now it is a case of everyone and their followers jumping down each other’s throats.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 18, 2018
sweetrace:

I have been following this for a while now and I remember the pastors being the ones to insult him and mock him. I can remember a pastors son actually saying derogatory things about Freeze. All Freeze was saying for some time was that the pastors should prove him wrong with texts from the Bible. Now it is a case of everyone and their followers jumping down each other’s throats.
Did you also remember freeze calling Oyedepo names too?
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by GoodMuyis(m): 4:16pm On Dec 18, 2018
asuustrike1:
cc:AlBHAGDADI come and give freeze another dose. It seems your message is hitting some persons well done bro as the gate of hell will not prevail. Lucifer's agent will continue to fail

Freeze should have registered and reply here on Nairaland
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Petersamuel8(m): 4:18pm On Dec 18, 2018
this daddy freez is crazy
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by sweetrace(f): 4:18pm On Dec 18, 2018
asuustrike1:

Did you also remember freeze calling Oyedepo names too?

After he had been called names. Is it okay for pastors to call him names?
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Chukazu: 4:25pm On Dec 18, 2018
labanj1:

Pls show me where it includes money? All examples of tithes in the bible were crops.

You are simply saying money is not part of " honor the Lord with your substance and first fruit of your increase?"

Or you are saying money was not a measure of value during their days?

Jesus says "give to Cesaer what is Cesaer's and to God what is God's" and you think your money is not part of "what's God's?"

We have a generation who gladly " gives God the Credit but not the Cash ?

Your argument is no more about paying Tithe but the content of the Tithe...you want me to carried Yam , Cassava and Ewedu leafs and present as tithe when I am not a famer?
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:26pm On Dec 18, 2018
Chukazu:

@boldeld ...you can't read the books of Timothy and Titus and still talk about debating the passage.

Apostle Paul was clear on Spiritual authorities and order in the church

BTW sorry for ban on your account

There are different versions of what Paul wrote.

One version reads (New Living Version) : Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers

Since we all have gifts, why do you think because someone has the gift of teaching, he has spiritual authority over someone who does not have that particular gift?

Remember that the essence of Paul's message is to emphasize gifts and how they are to be used. A pastor cannot build a church alone just like an eye cannot say it doesn't need the neck. Every part of a body is important.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 18, 2018
sweetrace:

After he had been called names. Is it okay for pastors to call him names?
Oyedepo never called him names and people on this forum can attest to it. Oyedepo is older than him and was born before Freeze. Tithing has been in existence before freeze was born and would be till Jesus come for the church that is spotless without wrinkles.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by Chukazu: 4:37pm On Dec 18, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

There are different versions of what Paul wrote.

One version reads (New Living Version) : Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers

Since we all have gifts, why do you think because someone has the gift of teaching, he has spiritual authority over someone who does not have that particular gift?

Remember that the essence of Paul's message is to emphasize gifts and how they are to be used. A pastor cannot build a church alone just like an eye cannot say it doesn't need the neck. Every part of a body is important.

Still talking about Spiritual authorities...

2timothy 3:1 This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop, he desires a good work.

3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach;

3:3 not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous;

3:4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence

3:5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?);

I mentioned Revelation 3 earlier, you didn't respond to it as well. Jesus clearly asked John to write letters that were specifically address to Spiritual authorities called Angels in the book of Revelation 3.

Jesus was the King of Kings and yet he allowed a John the Baptist to pabtize him, isn't that clearly that he too recognized"SPIRITUAL AUTHORITY and order?"

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by sweetrace(f): 4:40pm On Dec 18, 2018
asuustrike1:

Oyedepo never called him names and people on this forum can attest to it. Oyedepo is older than him and was born before Freeze. Tithing has been in existence before freeze was born and would be till Jesus come for the church that is spotless without wrinkles.

If you say so.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by IgweBUIKE1(m): 5:10pm On Dec 18, 2018
Chukazu:

Love is the weighier matter, but doesn't cancel the other .

The problem is if we then make tithe the weighier matter.
buh Christ teaching is clear sir....John 13v34n35..tithe has taken the centre stage of Christ teachings than love and beside in what context was tithe preached in the scripture?
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing by brightalo17: 5:13pm On Dec 18, 2018
pp802:

Now I pay my tithe

Are you listening to someone when Bible is glaring at you to know that even Jesus said woe unto you that pays tithe but not doing the most important things ? So even to Jesus tithing is not more important.So if DF preaches against killing and later kill, you will then start killing abi?

Most importantly paying or not paying of tithe can never stop anyone from making heaven or not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pope Francis Intervenes In Ahiara Imo Church Ethnic Crisis (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo Orders Members To Bring Their Pvcs To Church For Prayers / Sexual Temptations And The Movie Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.