Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,024 members, 7,814,505 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans (48730 Views)

Naira Marley, Zinoleesky & Samlarry Spotted Sharing Food Items To Fans In Lagos / BBNaija: 'Don't Use My Face For Memes And Gifs' - Ebuka Cries Out To Fans / Comrade Phils Visits Kemi Olunloyo In Prison, Shares Her Letter To Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by Brightgem(f): 12:36pm On Dec 21, 2018
How is this an apology! I don't blame him but those who listen to crap and glorify wrong people! People have lost their families to ritual killings and u sing this, try to justify it and still call this apology. Some more youths with empty skulls are going to take this as said. Do anything to get the money.

3 Likes

Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by adelacuna(m): 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2018
Let's accept his Apology it's an awareness gone wrong.
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2018
kiddoiLL:
Nigga keep quiet... might be on the news, might be in movies..But you're aware Musicians are one of the biggest influential people on the planet...
a 7 years old kid might not give a fvck about movies and stuffs but focus on animation, but that same 7 years old kid gives a fvck and will listen to music anytime it plays.. you should know better, as an artist, some lines are meant not to be crossed when it comes to your lyrics. Knowingly or unknowingly Music affects the mind in ways people don't know. So you can't put out such bad lyrics out and just come out to say stuffs to justify your actions..
Like someone once said Nigerian entertainment industry doesn't welcome Critics, Reviews and Ratings. A professional or fan try to do that, they'll be branded as hater.
I'll rather spend my whole life listening to EDM songs than spend half my life supporting and promoting the garbage Nigerian artists put out. And to think the artwork of the song has a female pant right there is much much worse considering the rate at which people are being attacked and lynched for attempting to use panties for ritual. Will you claim it's a coincidence? Or what excuses do you have for the pants??....
Sit down, cool down write music, una no go do... na to enter boot start to dey freestyle trash una sabi
The bastard deserve jail term.

1 Like

Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by ajayiopy: 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2018
OGBENI OLAMIDE.
HOW ABOUT THIS?
"Letter To Milli"

Hey son wassup, this is your dad
Am writing this to motivate you whenever you are down
Just remember my story and things that people told me
Nine mili-mitre to my head couldn't hold me
Back from the facts and all the things that I believed in
Now I treat a special woman, the womb I lived in
How I used to go go, how I used to go get
How I used to go to shows with no cash in my pocket
Am talking 08, 09, O10, O11
For every level there's a different devil
I sold my soul to the game just to dine with the devil
I hope I make heaven

2 Likes

Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by Sterope(f): 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2018
This is not an apology!

1 Like

Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by Elvis295(m): 12:53pm On Dec 21, 2018
Ok ooo

Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 21, 2018
IamD18:
I just like this Olamide. Dude no too like problems with his fans.

Ride on jare!!!

Nigerians are known for blaming people unnecessarily for their misfortunes.

How many of them repented after listening to Sinach and Chioma Jesus?

Nonesense and Mourinho.
they are all bunch of frustrated beings..... Na I'm cause their misfortunes?
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by Heavenstraight(m): 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2018
[quote author=kiddoiLL post=74041603]Nigga keep quiet... might be on the news, might be in movies..But you're aware Musicians are one of the biggest influential people on the planet...
a 7 years old kid might not give a fvck about movies and stuffs but focus on animation, but that same 7 years old kid gives a fvck and will listen to music anytime it plays.. you should know better, as an artist, some lines are meant not to be crossed when it comes to your lyrics. Knowingly or unknowingly Music affects the mind in ways people don't know. So you can't put out such bad lyrics out and just come out to say stuffs to justify your actions..
Like someone once said Nigerian entertainment industry doesn't welcome Critics, Reviews and Ratings. A professional or fan try to do that, they'll be branded as hater.
I'll rather spend my whole life listening to EDM songs than spend half my life supporting and promoting the garbage Nigerian artists put out. And to think the artwork of the song has a female pant right there is much much worse considering the rate at which people are being attacked and lynched for attempting to use panties for ritual. Will you claim it's a coincidence? Or what excuses do you have for the pants??....
Sit down, cool down write music, una no go do... na to enter boot start to dey freestyle trash una sabi[/q

sorry now
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by Bellfun(m): 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Won't be surprised if he's into yahoo biz

Majority of them are Yahoo boys and ritualists masquerading as musicians!

4 Likes

Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by Amibranki(f): 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2018
kiddoiLL:
definitely bro it's already on...The difference this song will make is, to that young guy out there with a strong mind contemplating, holding out to something, going through frustration all because there's no money, he listens to this song, next thing will be “If Olamide is doing it and there's nothing wrong in it, I will do it" .. These musicians influence people a great deal bro
the young guy don't have sense then
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by unclefresh(m): 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2018
Come op you smoke weed ,where is the apology ,dude was just saying nonsense giving us stupid reasons, the movies he is talking about the ritualist always end up with disease or even dead ,which is giving a good message , if I be judge I will jail olamide and anyone that comes to bail him with these stupid reason

3 Likes

Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 21, 2018
Amibranki:
the young guy don't have sense then

So you didn't know music subconsciously format ur brain,

Look at the type of music you listen to

Then observe ur life, you will see, the thing they influence am well well.

If kids can dress like Psquare, 2pac, Michael Jackson etc & pretend to be them. what makes you think they can't try blood money

4 Likes

Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by Hades2016(m): 1:17pm On Dec 21, 2018
kiddoiLL:
Nigga keep quiet... might be on the news, might be in movies..But you're aware Musicians are one of the biggest influential people on the planet...
Sit down, cool down write music, una no go do... na to enter boot start to dey freestyle trash una sabi
small play you don write full everywhere grin cheesy
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by doublecross(m): 1:25pm On Dec 21, 2018
is there no freedom of speech in nigeria again? ride on bro....say what you want to say and do what you want to do.
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by Ofirmee(m): 1:36pm On Dec 21, 2018
I'm still looking for the other quotation mark on his post , I can only see one.
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 21, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Won't be surprised if he's into yahoo biz

Won't be surprise? Lol
Olamide is a confirm yahoo boy, listen to all his lyrics, watch the poverty die video and others too.

1 Like

Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by Yoighaman(m): 2:12pm On Dec 21, 2018
So where is the apology? What he posted is far from an apology.
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by abbey621(m): 2:25pm On Dec 21, 2018
kiddoiLL:

A 7 year old would not and should not understand the lyrics to such songs, in fact some adults merely listen to beats. Movies and TV shows are much more likely to affect the younger ones because it is much more visual. The average 7 year old has watched more Nollywood movies involving rituals, kidnappings and other vices than music promoting such. You are right to criticize the concept or the motive but your example of the 7 year old and that of music against other mediums falls flat.
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 21, 2018
abbey621:

A 7 year old would not and should not understand the lyrics to such songs, in fact some adults merely listen to beats. Movies and TV shows are much more likely to affect the younger ones because it is much more visual. The average 7 year old has watched more Nollywood movies involving rituals, kidnappings and other vices than music promoting such. You are right to criticize the concept or the motive but your example of the 7 year old and that of music against other mediums falls flat.
That's not true, I have taught in a class filled with 7years and 8years olds, these children know more music than I can ever imagine, during break time, some of them sing different songs and dance the dancing steps. You think they don't know anything till you become their teacher, I remember the day one explained what sex means 'cause I told them sex had to do with gender when we were having lesson on "Collective noun", the little boy was busy explaining sexual inter course, how do you think he knew about it?

2 Likes

Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by Chevronstaff: 2:36pm On Dec 21, 2018
LOGO BENZ...!!!!
No melody. No depth. No message. Just a shameless PROMOTION of ritual killings & desperation for money at all costs, including HUMAN BLOOD. This is filth. Olamide & Lil Kesh didn’t just go beyond the line, they landed in the dustbin of history’s trashiest artists.

4 Likes

Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by daveP(m): 2:47pm On Dec 21, 2018
Pls I'm I the only nairalander still looking for the apology in the crap her wrote above?

cos I see none. Apology ko. cos of the presence of "pardon me"?

This is no apology. this is a stupid excuse once more.

Nonsense!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by abbey621(m): 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2018
Valerie47:
That's not true, I have taught in a class filled with 7years and 8years olds, these children know more music than I can ever imagine, during break time, some of them sing different songs and dance the dancing steps. You think they don't know anything till you become their teacher, I remember the day one explained what sex means 'cause I told them sex had to do with gender when we were having lesson on "Collective noun", the little boy was busy explaining sexual inter course, how do you think he knew about it?

But have you ever tried to compare it tonaming characters in Nollywood? Most 7 year old recognize all he stars, most of them watch these Nollywood films with their siblings and/or parents. The point is simple, music is not more inclined to be influential than other forms of entertainment when it comes to a 7 year old in Nigeria, the same case yyou made about the little boy explaining intercourse could be made if he watched it in a movie or peeked in his parents' bedroom.
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by kiddoiLL(m): 2:55pm On Dec 21, 2018
abbey621:

7 years old of this century won't understand the song bro? Are you aware of kids accept and process things now faster than past years? I have seen so many of them at such tender age singing and shouting “Won ti po omi gutter pó” from Olamide's science student..how long do you think it'll take before they start looking for the meaning behind omi gutter?
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 21, 2018
abbey621:

But have you ever tried to compare it tonaming characters in Nollywood? Most 7 year old recognize all he stars, most of them watch these Nollywood films with their siblings and/or parents. The point is simple, music is not more inclined to be influential than other forms of entertainment when it comes to a 7 year old in Nigeria, the same case yyou made about the little boy explaining intercourse could be made if he watched it in a movie or peeked in his parents' bedroom.
Have you heard the adage "music is life? when you listen to music, you hear the words, these lyrics become your thought and your thought becomes your action, reason why I don't open any graphic picture is cause I can't get it off my head, I keep seeing it, so its the same for music, you sing along, before you know it, it becomes part and parcel of you.
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by abbey621(m): 3:01pm On Dec 21, 2018
Valerie47:
Have you heard the adage "music is life? when you listen to music, you hear the words, these lyrics become your thought and your thought becomes your action, reason why I don't open any graphic picture is cause I can't get it off my head, I keep seeing it, so its the same for music, you sing along, before you know it, it becomes part and parcel of you.

I am not disputing that but even with your statement, you are admitting that you can't open any graphic picture cause you can't get it out of your head. So why then would a child be less influenced by what they see on tv than what they hear on the radio or cd player?
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 21, 2018
abbey621:

I am not disputing that but even with your statement, you are admitting that you can't open any graphic picture cause you can't get it out of your head. So why then would a child be less influenced by what they see on tv than what they hear on the radio or cd player?
Have heard of dstv/gotv parental control for kids? you can lock those music channels and leave movie channels which I'm sure African magic don't show any sexual act in their movies, but music is something you can listen to anywhere even without knowing, a child can go to school and other children sing this olamide song to him, don't you think as time goes on, he will also sing with them or let's say in an occasion, this olamide song is being played, the child will listen cause you can't stop him from listening.

When I'm depressed or sad, I listen to music and become happy, that is the power of music to the soul
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by abbey621(m): 3:05pm On Dec 21, 2018
kiddoiLL:
7 years old of this century won't understand the song bro? Are you aware of kids accept and process things now faster than past years? I have seen so many of them at such tender age singing and shouting “Won ti po omi gutter pó” from Olamide's science student..how long do you think it'll take before they start looking for the meaning behind omi gutter?

They can sing along but most do not understand it. I grew up in Mushin, slangs and yoruba curse words are part of out OT but most did not understand it till much later on, but guess what we did understand? Seeing Baba sarata beat the holy ghost out of mama sarata, seeing Fadeyi Oloro on tv use juju on someone. To say music is much more influencial than what you actually see on the street or the movies is inaccurate to me, at best you can attribute equal influence.
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by abbey621(m): 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2018
Valerie47:
Have heard of dstv/gotv parental control for kids? you can lock those music channels and leave movie channels which I'm sure African magic don't show any sexual act in their movies, but music is something you can listen to anywhere even without knowing, a child can go to school and other children sing this olamide song to him, don't you think as time goes on, he will also sing with them or let's say in an occasion, this olamide song is being played, the child will listen cause you can't stop him form listening.

That ain't happening! Majority of Nigerian parents cannot operate DSTV properly not to talk of those who can't afford it. There's no parental control for watching DVD or one of those movies on Nigerian television grin grin grin
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by ehardetola(m): 3:14pm On Dec 21, 2018
Charmingrascal:
What a stupid comparison "it's always in the movies" but any character that plays d role of a ritualist in a movie always hav a sad & remorseful end to teach audience lessons dat ritual is bad. But ur music glorifies ritual frm beginning 2 d end.

The way you view his response and the songs, differ from what he wrote. Is now left for individuals in the societies to apply common sense to what they listening to.
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by nams77: 3:29pm On Dec 21, 2018
kiddoiLL:

God bless you. Music influenced in ways that can not be understood. Today our youth are so fixated on quick wealth made worse by Victor AD song,

I didn't even noticed there is pant on the logo. I hope Benz sue them back into the stone age
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by Papadoh(m): 3:29pm On Dec 21, 2018
This looks more like an attempted justification than an apology.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cossy Orjiakor Considers Butt Surgery, Tired Of Being Called Flat Butt / Photos From Charles Idibia's White Wedding / Top 10 Best African Rappers Of 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.