Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans (48729 Views)

Naira Marley, Zinoleesky & Samlarry Spotted Sharing Food Items To Fans In Lagos / BBNaija: 'Don't Use My Face For Memes And Gifs' - Ebuka Cries Out To Fans / Comrade Phils Visits Kemi Olunloyo In Prison, Shares Her Letter To Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by kiddoiLL(m): 3:43pm On Dec 21, 2018
abbey621:

They can sing along but most do not understand it. I grew up in Mushin, slangs and yoruba curse words are part of out OT but most did not understand it till much later on, but guess what we did understand? Seeing Baba sarata beat the holy ghost out of mama sarata, seeing Fadeyi Oloro on tv use juju on someone. To say music is much more influencial than what you actually see on the street or the movies is inaccurate to me, at best you can attribute equal influence.
Evolution bro...The world keeps evolving, I know the numbers of juju movies I saw too as a kid, and stuffs I heard, but upbringing back then and the sense of responsibility that our parents put on us back then... you can't compare the world now to how it was back then
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by abbey621(m): 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2018
kiddoiLL:
Evolution bro...The world keeps evolving, I know the numbers of juju movies I saw too as a kid, and stuffs I heard, but upbringing back then and the sense of responsibility that our parents put on us back then... you can't compare the world now to how it was back then

I'm not comparing, I'm just stating a fact that music is not more influential than movies or other forms of entertainment. Just because you hear ritual killings in a song does not mean seeing it in the movies or on TV is less of a concern. In fact, it is the job of entertainers to bring attention to such issues, information is key, what you choose to do with it is an individual responsibility not a collective one. Like you said we were exposed to such things back then and much more and most of us turned out decent.
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by Lordspicy(m): 4:57pm On Dec 21, 2018
gurnam:
If I enter your bar or lounge and you dare play that song, I would leave.

how many bottles of beer you for buy?
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by tomdon(m): 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2018
Where's the goddam apology??
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by TLION(m): 5:46pm On Dec 21, 2018
kiddoiLL:
Nigga keep quiet... might be on the news, might be in movies..But you're aware Musicians are one of the biggest influential people on the planet...
a 7 years old kid might not give a fvck about movies and stuffs but focus on animation, but that same 7 years old kid gives a fvck and will listen to music anytime it plays.. you should know better, as an artist, some lines are meant not to be crossed when it comes to your lyrics. Knowingly or unknowingly Music affects the mind in ways people don't know. So you can't put out such bad lyrics out and just come out to say stuffs to justify your actions..
Like someone once said Nigerian entertainment industry doesn't welcome Critics, Reviews and Ratings. A professional or fan try to do that, they'll be branded as hater.
I'll rather spend my whole life listening to EDM songs than spend half my life supporting and promoting the garbage Nigerian artists put out. And to think the artwork of the song has a female pant right there is much much worse considering the rate at which people are being attacked and lynched for attempting to use panties for ritual. Will you claim it's a coincidence? Or what excuses do you have for the pants??....
Sit down, cool down write music, una no go do... na to enter boot start to dey freestyle trash una sabi
. oga shut up abeg typing all this no mean say you self get sense ??
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by NBasil(m): 5:48pm On Dec 21, 2018
This guy needs to be sanctioned
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by TLION(m): 5:48pm On Dec 21, 2018
Charmingrascal:
What a stupid comparison "it's always in the movies" but any character that plays d role of a ritualist in a movie alw
ays hav a sad & remorseful end to teach audience lessons dat ritual is bad. But ur music glorifies ritual frm beginning 2 d end.
. tor, go do ritual as e glorify ritual na.
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by kiddoiLL(m): 5:50pm On Dec 21, 2018
TLION:
This is one frustrated and hopeless nigga that'll defend shíts like this... you ain't worth my time
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by TLION(m): 5:53pm On Dec 21, 2018
kiddoiLL:
This is one frustrated and hopeless nigga that'll defend shíts like this... you ain't worth my time
. .
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by simplesearch: 6:19pm On Dec 21, 2018
This is a deliberate act, singing useless song since start of career. Of what use is the apology when the deed has been done? what's left now is to watch the ripple effect of this song on many young folks as obtained with ''science student'' one of his many notorious song, which created large scale but negative awareness for tramadol and reckless mixture of other hypnotic substances. No time for relenting, NBC should immediately tag it among Ntbb materials and communicate same to all media houses with strict warning before it goes viral, otherwise these fragile youths who are already hooked up to narcotic substances might suddenly turn everybody's nightmare once hit by this particular lyric of the song.
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by omonscloak: 7:04pm On Dec 21, 2018
The choice of music you listen to is up to you,most people criticising him listen to foreign rap artist talking about drugs and killing people but once na naija artist una go talk. If u know like the song cover your ears make other make meaning out of it.
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by simplesearch: 7:08pm On Dec 21, 2018
unmask:
it is not every time that a song will come out to say don't do this, it is bad......other times you pass your message creatively which unfortunately we don't get to understand in this clime.

The song in my opinion is very good....it passes a message across that should be taken seriously

Isn't this the same lame excuse giving when science student was released, the hidden messages in all this songs are always easily decoded by those unrefined minds and acted upon without holding back, unfortunately this category of people constitute the highest percentage of his fan base. If he isn't up to a mischief he would made his intention known such that even the most illiterate among his follower will understand the main point and end point of the song and what it revolves around, no creativity is laudable or plausible if it leads people into crime.
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by NessaBoo(f): 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2018
abbey621:

A 7 year old would not and should not understand the lyrics to such songs, in fact some adults merely listen to beats. Movies and TV shows are much more likely to affect the younger ones because it is much more visual. The average 7 year old has watched more Nollywood movies involving rituals, kidnappings and other vices than music promoting such. You are right to criticize the concept or the motive but your example of the 7 year old and that of music against other mediums falls flat.

You're taking it too literal and generalizing... my 7yo niece is actually more musically inclined than visual stimuli, she lip sync and does karaoke with every song she hears,to the extent that we only watch HipTv/listen to some songs when she's confined in her room. She might not understand the lyrics verbatim now but she will be able to put the pieces together sooner rather than later, and when she does, she figures, woooww,since it was in a song then it must be right! Kids don't forget lyrics to songs.

You're actually under mining the influence of music and songs in adolescent lives, even most of these cartoons like Dora, Sophia the first have all employed using songs to connote and drive home their plots,which wasn't really much of a thing in past decades, because kids learn more from songs, heck, its more FUN to sing along!
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by abbey621(m): 8:55pm On Dec 21, 2018
NessaBoo:

You're taking it too literal and generalizing... my 7yo niece is actually more musically inclined than visual stimuli, she lip sync and does karaoke with every song she hears,to the extent that we only watch HipTv/listen to some songs when she's confined in her room. She might not understand the lyrics verbatim now but she will be able to put the pieces together sooner rather than later, and when she does, she figures, woooww,since it was in a song then it must be right! Kids don't forget lyrics to songs.

You're actually under mining the influence of music and songs in adolescent lives, even most of these cartoons like Dora, Sophia the first have all employed using songs to connote and drive home their plots,which wasn't really much of a thing in past decades, because kids learn more from songs, heck, its more FUN to sing along!

While your situation is believable, it does not represent majority of kids in Nigeria. I did not undermine music rather my point of critique was the point made about music being more influential than what kids see around them either in real life or movies/tv shows. You would even notice I used examples of Mushin where I gew up and so on. Like you said kids could sing along but not really know the full meaning till later on but when it comes to movies every kid is able to play a part such as the bad guy or the good guy. I also used an example of Fadeyi Oloro, if you have many Yoruba friends bring up that name or Abidja, you would be amazed at just how influential those characters were back in the days. I think most people are not able to understand how delicate growing up in harsh surroundings can really be so they find it hard when artiste write about the ghetto and all the vices it brings. Yes yahoo, ritual killings, 419, brothels and so on do exist, it is part of the Nigerian society whether we like it or not, it is a problem that is not going away and I can never fault any artiste for writing about their reality!
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by AlfaAce(m): 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2018
mogbojaiye:

It's a shame, nigeria are passing tru hell both home and abroad and this is the best he can do, ,,,its a shame everybody wan reign like fella kuti but lack all it takes to b like him
Don't mention fela,he destroyed lives.
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 21, 2018
AlfaAce:

Don't mention fela,he destroyed lives.
by what means, ,,,,if I may ask
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by justuschi50: 11:05pm On Dec 21, 2018
TLION:
fool! he is trying to give a point here.illiterate
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by Denique(f): 3:55am On Dec 22, 2018
GOFRONT:
grin

How they were able to hang a pant on a circular metal thereby making it to look like the logo of Mercedez Benz still baffles me.....

Nigerians has idea and they are creative as well but 50% of their ideas and creatuvity has evil influence on her people.....

Look at our piliticians : Everyday, them siddon the draft ideas about how to loot our yams. grin

Look at our yahooboys: Everyday, they sidoon with lappy the create new formats on how to scam a victim....

Look at our One chance passengers: Just now, I nearly enter their motor grin......Na God save me say I no com later enter......

Nigeria taya me!!!

I just realized this now shocked

1 Like

Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by unmask: 6:47am On Dec 22, 2018
simplesearch:

Isn't this the same lame excuse giving when science student was released, the hidden messages in all this songs are always easily decoded by those unrefined minds and acted upon without holding back, unfortunately this category of people constitute the highest percentage of his fan base. If he isn't up to a mischief he would made his intention known such that even the most illiterate among his follower will understand the main point and end point of the song and what it revolves around, no creativity is laudable or plausible if it leads people into crime.
And you can prove that his song will lead people to crime....funny enough Eminem mentioned something about that in his song "sing for the moment"

I still don't see what is wrong In this song

Songs like 9ice's Livin things, yahozee etc. Actually promote fraud not this one that creates awareness.
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by Odinlo24: 11:08pm On Dec 24, 2018
Triangles1:
Apology accepted, ride on bro.
this is commendable how I wish men of God were given this same kind of response when they make mistakes
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by TLION(m): 10:34pm On Jan 08, 2019
justuschi50:
fool! he is trying to give a point here.illiterate
shut up!
Re: 'Logo Benz': Olamide Apologizes To Fans by TLION(m): 10:39pm On Jan 08, 2019
kiddoiLL:
. All this just for cheap likes OGA I repeat again shut up!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cossy Orjiakor Considers Butt Surgery, Tired Of Being Called Flat Butt / Chime And DJ Olu Were Probably Poisoned Because Of A Deal - Chime’s Sister / Photos From Charles Idibia's White Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.