Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You (32019 Views)

Noodles Challenge Thread.. Post Your Cooked Instant Noodles And Lets Rate!! / Global Demand For Instant Noodles; Nigeria Ranks 11 / Top 5 Ways To Make Indomie Noodles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 24, 2018
jman77:
I discovered each time i eat indomie (hungryman & belleful) my urine turns green,shows that there are active chemical agents my body eliminates. I started little adding palm oil or stew to it b4 dem wound me. NAFDAC matter weak me aswear!
Hahaaaaaaa. I eat the belleful noodles a lot and I haven't see any changes in my urine. You sure say u dey OK? Better visit the clinic for medication

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 24, 2018
hustler2828:

You dey spoil business for them.
grin grin grin cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by holyfather(m): 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2018
I'm not a fan. And from personal observation, it hardly digests.
I keep feeling like I didn't take anything.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by UncletC: 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2018
Earthbound:
I know you have good intentions but you need to understand something about long-serving multinational companies such Indomie, they can make you disappear.....forever. You can't spring up from nowhere and try to spoil their market with half-assed 'research'.

They have the means. Watch your back!
how is the information half accessed? you mean you don't know the functionalities of those minerals he mentioned? do you need world research to know most industrial flavours and seasonings are not nutritional and are injurious to health over a long period?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 24, 2018
GOOD OBSERVATIONS! I MUST TAKE PRECAUTIONS FORTHWITH.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Revolva(m): 12:48pm On Dec 24, 2018
This is d most staple food in naija and u de tell people dis dem no send dem go wack am taya

I just bought some to wack self
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by staytravel: 12:49pm On Dec 24, 2018
For sure it's not good for you, it's processed empty carbs.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by wis3(m): 12:51pm On Dec 24, 2018
chijokz:
I won't "desist" from "taking" noodles grin grin grin
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by UncletC: 12:52pm On Dec 24, 2018
People are always looking for immediate reaction of what they have eaten.... you need like I 0-40 years to pay for what you had eaten in the past.
all these diabetes, kidney failures, heart attack , arthritis etc do you think they just happened?
no, it is as the result of exposing the body to one nutritional or environmental danger far back...when the body can no more handle, it gives way to their outright manifestation... so if you want to see what indomie does, wait when you get old,
your mate will walk fine, you will be bending and shaking, complaining of body pains here and there.
Eat well friends

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by skyfather09(m): 1:08pm On Dec 24, 2018
lol... African man blood strong gan, no shaking!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by SocialJustice: 1:21pm On Dec 24, 2018
Go and sleep. People dey land probe for Mars you dey probe indomie for 2018. Agbaya.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2018
i hardly eat it.i regard indomie as a girlish food anyway.thanks for letting us know abt d dangers of exessive consumption of indomie.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:
all that you wrote up there can only happen if you eat only noodles morning, afternoon and night and just eat it the way it comes in a pack.

When you cook it well, garnished with carrots, tomatoes, cabbages, green beans, egg, onions, meat. Then you have nothing to worry about
some mothers give their kids indomie morning,afternoon and night everyday .just ordinary indomie with no vegetables,no fish nothing.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by DanDeeBoss(m): 1:27pm On Dec 24, 2018
Sincerely, I hate noodles... I can't eat it
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 24, 2018
hustler2828:

You dey spoil business for them.
lol thier biz no go spoil.all these coke and fanta their biz don spoil upon as ppl dey preach against dem? wat of the nigerian tobacco company..are they still not selling heavily in nigeria.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 24, 2018
anoda:
And i have a neigbhour feeding her todler indomie 24/7
hmm she must be an indomie mom.a number of these lazy moms will prefer jampacking indomie into their kid's system everyday without preparing proper meals for them.thats why u see their kids looking emarciated with protruded tummies.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Walterhen1960: 1:58pm On Dec 24, 2018
you need proper check up.u r not okay at all
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by ehinmowo: 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2018
Earthbound:
I know you have good intentions but you need to understand something about long-serving multinational companies such Indomie, they can make you disappear.....forever. You can't spring up from nowhere and try to spoil their market with half-assed 'research'.

That sounds like a threat. And you can spend time in jail dishing out threats. You might not it mean it that way, but try and watch your language online. Plsssss.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by darrellg9: 2:39pm On Dec 24, 2018
infact i wan go buy am chop now now.. rubbish post
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Mysselff2: 2:52pm On Dec 24, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:
all that you wrote up there can only happen if you eat only noodles morning, afternoon and night and just eat it the way it comes in a pack.

When you cook it well, garnished with carrots, tomatoes, cabbages, green beans, egg, onions, meat. Then you have nothing to worry about

YESSS
ALSO ADD BITTER LEAF AS A COUNTER BALANCE
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by moonbender(m): 3:03pm On Dec 24, 2018
doubletony:
people’s kitchen, This is because its a fast, cheap and easy to cook food for the man on the go but it is important to note that this food can kill faster than known poison. Here is 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Eating Instant Noodles

1. Nutrient Absorption : Noodles inhibit the absorption of nutrients for the children under 5.

2. Cancer : The ingredient in the instant noodles called “Styrofoam’, is a cancer causing agent.

3. Miscarriage : Women who are Eating instant noodles during their pregnancy causes miscarriage, because it affect the development of a foetus.

4. Junk Food : instant noodles are enriched with full of carbohydrates,but no vitamins, fiber and minerals. This makes the instant noodles considered as a junk food.

5. Sodium : Instant noodles are power packed with high amounts of sodium. Excess consumption of sodium leads to heart disease, stroke,
hypertension and kidney damage.

6. MSG : Monosodium Glutamate is used to enhance the flavour of instant noodles. People who are allergic to MSG consume it as part of
their diet, then they end up suffering from headaches, facial flushing, pain, burning sensations.

7. Overweight : Eating Noodles is the leading cause of obesity. Noodles contains fat and large amounts of sodium, which causes water

retention in the body and surely it leads to overweight, and obesity leads to heart problems.
8. Digestion : Instant noodles are bad for digestive system. Regular consumption of instant noodles causes irregular bowl movements
and bloating.

9. Propylene Glycol : The ingredient in the instant noodles called “Propylene Glycol” which has a anti-freeze property. This ingredient is used
because it prevents the noodles from drying by retaining moisture. It weakens the immune system of our body. It is easily absorbed by the
body and it accumulates in the kidneys, heart and liver. It causes abnormalities and damage to thoseareas.

10. Metabolism : Regular consumption of instant noodles affect the body’s metabolism, because of the chemical substances like additives, coloring and preservatives inside the noodles

Source

http://cookfornaija..com

Indomie happens to be the first Instant Noodle in Nigeria and it has been in the country by way of export since 1978. This means that Nigerians has been consuming Indomie even before you were birthed.

Until you mention 1 person who has died due to the content of Noodles or someone who suffered complications after taking noodles, your research is as useless as the poo in your soak away.

I and other staff, both Indians including the superiors eat Indomie noodles daily for lunch at the office.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by 1Sharon(f): 3:08pm On Dec 24, 2018
Mailthaddeus:
The type of Noodles my wife cook cannot cause the above. By the time she garnish it with Carrot, green pea, Boiled egg, friend chicken and other things I don't even know their names, ur soul will leap for joy.

I feel like indomie is a poor substitute for proper food

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by moonbender(m): 3:09pm On Dec 24, 2018
ehinmowo:

That sounds like a threat. And you can spend time in jail dishing out threats. You might not it mean it that way, but try and watch your language online. Plsssss.

You are a fool. You posted rubbish and you are threatening someone about spending time in jail. How much do you have to go to court? You don't come online to slander a brand and think your life isn't at risk. And you even spewed another trash by asking some to "watch your language online". The rubbish you posted is not enough bad words to bring out from your dead brain?
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by moonbender(m): 3:11pm On Dec 24, 2018
1Sharon:

I feel like indomie is a poor substitute for proper food

Indomie is an Instant consumption, what you take to reduce hunger while you prepare your FOOD!

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by lesson44: 3:16pm On Dec 24, 2018
Just like almost everything's. Too much of it is bad. My advice is, don't use all the seasonings that comes with it. Instead add your own to it, like onions, peppers and any other vegetables.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by InvertedHammer: 3:31pm On Dec 24, 2018
doubletony:
people’s kitchen, This is because its a fast, cheap and easy to cook food for the man on the go but it is important to note that this food can kill faster than known poison. Here is 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Eating Instant Noodles

1. Nutrient Absorption : Noodles inhibit the absorption of nutrients for the children under 5.

2. Cancer : The ingredient in the instant noodles called “Styrofoam’, is a cancer causing agent.

3. Miscarriage : Women who are Eating instant noodles during their pregnancy causes miscarriage, because it affect the development of a foetus.

4. Junk Food : instant noodles are enriched with full of carbohydrates,but no vitamins, fiber and minerals. This makes the instant noodles considered as a junk food.

5. Sodium : Instant noodles are power packed with high amounts of sodium. Excess consumption of sodium leads to heart disease, stroke,
hypertension and kidney damage.

6. MSG : Monosodium Glutamate is used to enhance the flavour of instant noodles. People who are allergic to MSG consume it as part of
their diet, then they end up suffering from headaches, facial flushing, pain, burning sensations.

7. Overweight : Eating Noodles is the leading cause of obesity. Noodles contains fat and large amounts of sodium, which causes water

retention in the body and surely it leads to overweight, and obesity leads to heart problems.
8. Digestion : Instant noodles are bad for digestive system. Regular consumption of instant noodles causes irregular bowl movements
and bloating.

9. Propylene Glycol : The ingredient in the instant noodles called “Propylene Glycol” which has a anti-freeze property. This ingredient is used
because it prevents the noodles from drying by retaining moisture. It weakens the immune system of our body. It is easily absorbed by the
body and it accumulates in the kidneys, heart and liver. It causes abnormalities and damage to thoseareas.

10. Metabolism : Regular consumption of instant noodles affect the body’s metabolism, because of the chemical substances like additives, coloring and preservatives inside the noodles

Source

http://cookfornaija..com
/
No brainer!

Every prepackaged food is bad for you.

Cancer, kidney failure, stroke, etc once called oyibo ailments have taken over Nigeria because morons with money believe eating poison and microwaving food put them in a higher social class. Yes. Graveyard class.

The local fruits and vegetables they shy away from are used to extort from oyibo under the guise of "organic food". Give a Nigerian a bottle of honey from Nsukka and a bottle of sniper from London, s/he will drink the sniper because the label says "Made in UK".

/

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by 4reala(m): 4:01pm On Dec 24, 2018
Mailthaddeus:
The type of Noodles my wife cook cannot cause the above. By the time she garnish it with Carrot, green pea, Boiled egg, friend chicken and other things I don't even know their names, ur soul will leap for joy.

Oga, abeg sufry sufry dey lie o, make Lie mohammed no catch you o. Shey Na for ordinary regular indomie your wife dey gather all this orisirisi. Hmmm
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by FRANKOSKI(m): 4:05pm On Dec 24, 2018
BUYING A CARTON RIGHT NOW WHILE READING. if you bought a new big phone and your account is empty say HIIII? �
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Friend01(m): 4:36pm On Dec 24, 2018
Earthbound:

At the detriment of people's health?
So you wouldn't mind if someone makes money off your back just to quench hunger.

I feel it is highly encouraging if these sort of articles are produced to advice people against certain behaviour.
With these sort of thing going on it will make the companies go into more research and produce more health-friendly consumables.
If you recall some years back when groundnut oil were have high cholesterol in them, but today every groundnut oil producing company are now producing Cholesterol-free products.
This is better for the citizens and as well as for the country.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by PAQ(m): 4:53pm On Dec 24, 2018
Instant noodles is not nutritiously as bad as some of our own local/ native meals. I hope u know noodles is a native meal to some countries before it was imported to Nigeria? Bramen noodles has been a staple student meal in America, Asians have been eating noodles before creation of Nigeria.

The problem are our government and multinational companies. We refuse to regulate what and how they prepare and package the noodles. Indomie is one of the most eaten meals in Nigeria and it has been for more than 20 years.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Dollypizzle13(f): 6:02pm On Dec 24, 2018
I don't even like noodles tongue
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by jeff1607(m): 6:12pm On Dec 24, 2018
everything we eat is now life threatening.

go to manufacturing plants and see how foods are produced, you won't eat again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Children Ate Cucumber And Died In Cross River State. Graphic Photos / 15 Health Benefits Of Unripe Plantain You Should Know / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.