Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

The Curiosity Of The Cat - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Curiosity Of The Cat (660 Views)

Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) / Any Nigerian Who Can Change Into A Cat To Get ₦2.5m / Lords Chosen Man: "I Fought A Demonic Cat And Killed It In Osun" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Curiosity Of The Cat by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 22, 2018
I'm not too fond of the cats, and I don't think I'm going to have a pet cat anytime soon, however I yet have some fond memories concerning a cat.

But the cat wasn't mine of course, so it was only whenever I visited a friend of mine that our paths used to cross, as it resided in his place.

And those moments provided me with my first close experience with any cat of any kind and also my last yet, as i was able to learn a thing or two about cats during that brief period.

And the most interesting part being the extent of a cat's curiosity, as it wanted to know pretty much know about everything, that is everything that could possibly be known, unraveled, etc., that it got it into trouble quite a few times.

For instance, what was it in a touch screen phone that a cat would want to know about, to the extent that it would use its razor sharp claws to scratch the screen of the phone up till the point that the touch stops working properly?

And you know exactly what the cat was looking for right? Yeah it was trouble, and it discovered a full dose of it, as the kind of beating it received, as a result, from the owner of the phone may have taught it some of the things it was so curious to find out from the phone.

So no wonder the proverb goes, "curiosity killed the cat" for even though it didn't kill it on that very occasion, as the cat managed to escape with its life intact, it still gave it some blows and knocks that it would surely not forget in a hurry.

But despite that curiosity didn't quite kill the cat on that particular occasion, it showed how curiosity kills the cat. Hence that proverb was intended to caution humans against having the curiosity of a cat, so that they do not end up being killed as the cat.

For it's not to say that they should not be curious at all, but not to have the cat's kind of curiosity, because it is very dangerous and destructive, and that's why it killed the cat.

For it was the same kind of curiosity of the cat that killed Adam and Eve in the beginning in the respect of losing their eternal life.

For it wasn't just curiosity that killed them, after God had commanded them not to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, but the curiosity of the cat, which was the wrong kind of curiosity, for that was why it led them to their fall and destruction.

For since God was their Creator, despite that they may have had some questions concerning the instructions He had given them as such, what stopped them from coming to Him and asking Him, "Creator we are surely going to keep the commandment that you had given to us, that's not in doubt, but we want to know the reason why you told us not to eat of that tree, and what was it about that particular tree?"

And knowing the kind of person that God has shown Himself to be overtime, I know that He wouldn't hesitate in obliging them the answers they needed to quench such curiosity of theirs, as He would see it as an opportunity to even teach them more about Himself and His ways.

And in that respect curiosity would have Instead saved them, because it was the right kind of curiosity.

But unfortunately the kind of curiosity they had was the wrong one, even that of a cat which made them to foolishly fall for the words of a mere serpent(even though it was Satan's utterance) rather than that of God their Creator who created them, both they and the serpent, and so it was that kind of curiosity which was dangerous and destructive that actually took their eternal lives.

And the curiosity of the cat that killed them in that respect, was not only applicable to their own lives, but also extended to that of all their offspring who inherited that death from them, to show the extent of the death that the wrong kind of curiosity inflicted upon them.

However there have been some proven instances of those who despite being the offspring of Adam and Eve were saved from such death which they inherited from them, because they had the right kind of curiosity, therefore it was that right kind of curiosity that saved them.

And one example of such descendants of Adam and Eve who had the right kind of curiosity was a certain man called Abraham, and this was an instance that epitomized that kind of curiosity:

And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.

And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD.
And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:
Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said,If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.
And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake.
And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake.
And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.
And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.
Genesis 18:20-33KJV

Thus the Lord proved that He's not against Man, who He created from dust as Abraham noted, being curious, for it can be clearly observed how patient He was with a descendant of Adam and Eve on that very occasion, with respect to the many questions Abraham posed to Him, and the seemingly harsh nature of his questions.

And just to ensure that it doesn't get lost in the multitude of words, this was again Abraham said to God in his very own words:

Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?...That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

And hence I must admit that initially whenever I came to this portion of the Bible, even though it was an event that had taken place ages before I was conceived in the womb of my mother, I would yet be apprehensive and nervous as if it was a live event, for i get this feeling as though the whole Earth stood still for that most interesting question and answer session that ensued between a mere mortal man and his immortal Creator.

Hence I felt Abraham was taking too much time, that I would be saying in my heart "Oga Abraham, e don do now, haba?", so that he would not overstep his boundaries, because it seemed as though his curiosity was taking him a step too far.

And the shift in the tone of Abraham's questions at the later part of his interrogation, seemed as though he also felt the same way.

But now I know much better than that, and i'm sure also Abraham, that if he had kept asking God even up to one righteous person, that God would have yet been patient with Him enough to give him the response he desired.

That was because it was the right kind of curiosity which God wanted Man who He created to have, hence my comment earlier that if this was the kind of curiosity that Adam and Eve had at the beginning that it would have saved their lives.

For it was this kind of curiosity that saved Abraham and all those who despite being descendants of Adam and Eve weren't killed but instead were saved by curiosity, because it was the right kind of curiosity and not that of the cat.

So it's not a question of being curious, but what kind of curiosity do you think you have?

The curiosity that kills, or that which saves?
Re: The Curiosity Of The Cat by HappyPagan: 12:30pm On Dec 22, 2018
Curiosity doesn't kill the cat, and creates the lion.

Adam and Eve stopped being robots once they ate from the tree. They became like GOD, only greater -- they now had their own will.

Praise Satan, grand hacker of the Eden PROGRAM. I pray you find wisdom, and become SnrJesus.

1 Like

Re: The Curiosity Of The Cat by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 22, 2018
HappyPagan:
Curiosity doesn't kill the cat, and creates the lion.

Adam and Eve stopped being robots once they ate from the tree. They became like GOD, only greater -- they now had their own will.

Praise Satan, grand hacker of the Eden PROGRAM. I pray you find wisdom, and become SnrJesus.
Pray to Satan or God?
Re: The Curiosity Of The Cat by HappyPagan: 10:22pm On Dec 22, 2018
jesusjnr:
Pray to Satan or God?
To God. You.
Re: The Curiosity Of The Cat by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 22, 2018
Wow that really good if true, at least that's a tiny little step in the right direction, even though we are still very far from the destination.
Re: The Curiosity Of The Cat by HappyPagan: 10:36pm On Dec 22, 2018
jesusjnr:
Wow that really good if true, at least that's a tiny little step in the right direction, even though we are still very far from the destination.
There's no destination... just a circle, just keeps going round and round, no purpose... for what we ponder? we prisoners of our knowledge.
Re: The Curiosity Of The Cat by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 22, 2018
HappyPagan:

There's no destination... just a circle, just keeps going round and round, no purpose... for what we ponder? we prisoners of our knowledge.
Chei! So that's the sad reality of your life, really sorry Happypagan.
Re: The Curiosity Of The Cat by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 22, 2018
HappyPagan:

Chei! So that's the sad reality of your life, really sorry sad sorry I mean Happypagan.
Re: The Curiosity Of The Cat by HappyPagan: 11:03pm On Dec 22, 2018
jesusjnr:
Chei! So that's the sad reality of your life, really sorry Happypagan.
Thanks. Your illusion is a happier one, I must admit.
Re: The Curiosity Of The Cat by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 22, 2018
HappyPagan:

Thanks. Your illusion is a happier one, I must admit.
At least got one part right.
Re: The Curiosity Of The Cat by alfaman3: 1:39am On Dec 23, 2018
I love cats.
Re: The Curiosity Of The Cat by tobechi20(m): 6:16am On Dec 23, 2018
When we were kids, our parents told us the reason why tortoise has a rough shell was because he fell from sky and broke his back. We believed them. Today,we know better.

Many years ago, we were told the Yoruba creation story. How man was overcooked and got burnt (black) and undercooked and turned albino This story was passed orally from generation to generation. It was believed this be true by our fore father's . They were illiterates ,so many if the story wasn't documented.

All these were attempt by Man to unravel certain unexplained mystery in nature
While the theme of the story may be to teach us moral lesson. The entire story may not be true.
Few years afterward,

Europeans came with their own Adam and Eve story. They had a book to back it up. We believed them.

We believed that God b and devil were engaged in naira bet on Jobs faithfulness.

Jesus came and in his wisdom, told us that a parable i:n earthly story with heavenly meaning. yet, some if us believed Jesus parables as true happening

Could it be possible that majority of the biblical stories are parables and should not be taken seriously.

Could the Job story be another parable!
What about Adam and Eve story
Adam, Eve, the tree of life, the
tree of good and evil, the crafty evil snake and
Adam and Eve’s expulsion from paradise. The story
has symbolic names for humankind, special trees
and a talking snake – Savoy the
story that is to be interpreted symbolically. At a
simple level, this second creation story offers an
explanation for sexual desire and marriage, why
there is pain in childbirth, why hard labor is required
with its sweat and toil and why snakes crawl on the
ground. At a deeper level it is about what went
wrong in paradise. In a world created by God and
declared by God to be good, why is there so much
pain, suffering and misery?

you’ve ever actually read the text for
yourself, , the one most familiar to people
where God instructs Noah to preserve two of each
species of animals (Gen. 7:15) and the other where
God instructs Noah to preserve seven of each
species of animals (Gen. 7:2). IAre there two floods? or is it an error or the story didn't happen

The bible is sacred scripture for Christians. But
think about this, when the books of the bible were
first written they were not sacred scripture. Instead
they became sacred over time and were eventually
declared to be sacred by our ancestors in the
process of canonization. The documents
themselves are written by humans – they are human
products. But the status of these books over time
became sacred.
Why? Because these Bible stories were interpreted
history, preserved for future generations, not for their
factual accuracy, but their faith-generating
component.
Faith doesn’t mean that we believe in the literal
truth and factuality of the bible regardless of how
improbable or even impossible they seem. Instead,
faith is about something so much more important.
It is about our relationship with God and about
centering our minds and our lives in God and being
faithful to God. It means trusting God. And I can do
that. How about you?
Re: The Curiosity Of The Cat by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 23, 2018
tobechi20:
When we were kids, our parents told us the reason why tortoise has a rough shell was because he fell from sky and broke his back. We believed them. Today,we know better.

Many years ago, we were told the Yoruba creation story. How man was overcooked and got burnt (black) and undercooked and turned albino This story was passed orally from generation to generation. It was believed this be true by our fore father's . They were illiterates ,so many if the story wasn't documented.

All these were attempt by Man to unravel certain unexplained mystery in nature
While the theme of the story may be to teach us moral lesson. The entire story may not be true.
Few years afterward,

Europeans came with their own Adam and Eve story. They had a book to back it up. We believed them.

We believed that God b and devil were engaged in naira bet on Jobs faithfulness.

Jesus came and in his wisdom, told us that a parable i:n earthly story with heavenly meaning. yet, some if us believed Jesus parables as true happening

Could it be possible that majority of the biblical stories are parables and should not be taken seriously.

Could the Job story be another parable!
What about Adam and Eve story
Adam, Eve, the tree of life, the
tree of good and evil, the crafty evil snake and
Adam and Eve’s expulsion from paradise. The story
has symbolic names for humankind, special trees
and a talking snake – Savoy the
story that is to be interpreted symbolically. At a
simple level, this second creation story offers an
explanation for sexual desire and marriage, why
there is pain in childbirth, why hard labor is required
with its sweat and toil and why snakes crawl on the
ground. At a deeper level it is about what went
wrong in paradise. In a world created by God and
declared by God to be good, why is there so much
pain, suffering and misery?

you’ve ever actually read the text for
yourself, , the one most familiar to people
where God instructs Noah to preserve two of each
species of animals (Gen. 7:15) and the other where
God instructs Noah to preserve seven of each
species of animals (Gen. 7:2). IAre there two floods? or is it an error or the story didn't happen

The bible is sacred scripture for Christians. But
think about this, when the books of the bible were
first written they were not sacred scripture. Instead
they became sacred over time and were eventually
declared to be sacred by our ancestors in the
process of canonization. The documents
themselves are written by humans – they are human
products. But the status of these books over time
became sacred.
Why? Because these Bible stories were interpreted
history, preserved for future generations, not for their
factual accuracy, but their faith-generating
component.
Faith doesn’t mean that we believe in the literal
truth and factuality of the bible regardless of how
improbable or even impossible they seem. Instead,
faith is about something so much more important.
It is about our relationship with God and about
centering our minds and our lives in God and being
faithful to God. It means trusting God. And I can do
that. How about you?
I think you have a point.
Re: The Curiosity Of The Cat by Nobody: 3:53am On Dec 26, 2018
Curiosity killed the cat!
Re: The Curiosity Of The Cat by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 28, 2018
It's okay be curious but let it be the right way
Re: The Curiosity Of The Cat by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 01, 2019
The curiosity of a cat has killed the faith of many here, but nothing spoil, for Words of Jesus is here backed up with the full weight of the Spirit of God to spoil the spoilers works. cool
Re: The Curiosity Of The Cat by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 10, 2019
Curiosity can be right
Re: The Curiosity Of The Cat by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 05, 2019
The curiousity of Abraham

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Preaches In A Doggy Position With His Interpreter / The Church Buildings Are Marching On, And The Gates Of Haters Cannot Prevail... / Ifa Priests/Practitioners, What Does This Odu Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.