Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival (33950 Views)

Don't Let Anyone Lick Your Private, It's Demonic - Rev. Bernard Achiuior / The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You / Daddy Freeze: Celebrating Christmas, Is Celebrating A Pagan God's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Alexis11: 1:35am On Dec 24, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

E be like sey this thread pain Satan children well well o grin

Their papa go beat them this night.

You tried bro.... Only you against the atheists, Muslims, Jehovah false witnesses and other confused lots. cool

It's not easy. grin

3 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Alexis11: 1:45am On Dec 24, 2018
daveP:
This here is the stamp to dexeption, ignorance and evil sentimentalism.

Very myopic?!!

I marked your moniker simce that first controversial topic. You are no Child of Light cos you dont regard words of Christ and do them. smh!!

Like seriously Just because somebody was bold enough to expose you people's lies against Christmas.......

Na wa oh! grin
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Alexis11: 1:55am On Dec 24, 2018
KingOfAmebo:

alBHAGDADI, you took your time to type this glorious trash...you still haven't shown us were in the bible it is instructed that Christians should celebrate Christmas neither have you shown us how you came to the conclusion that Jesus Christ was born on 25 December.

You are just blabbing and jumping from pillar to Post with no direction whatsoever.

Stop confusing people with your confusion cuz it is obvious you are dead confused.

Sadly, the more you try to prove a point the more you display your ignorance in public.

You are possessed of the devil...period.

Lol.... Oga relax now. May you not have any cause to celebrate in life. I guess that is simple enough.

Please leave OP alone to enjoy his celebration. cool
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Barristter07: 6:19am On Dec 24, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

My people suffer for lack of knowledge. How can you be knowledgeable when you refuse to read or study?

You can't even read to save your life. Worse is that you are discouraging others from reading the OP. Please go to Instablog and enjoy yourself there.

You always amaze me with how you display Ignorance with pride.

Point 1: Birthday celebration is a pagan practice, yven history bears witness to this. Pharaoh and Herod you mentioned are pagans, Show me one friend of God in the Bible that celebrated his birthday ?

Point 2: U quoted romans 14, grin grin So since Buddhist, Shinto, Muslims also esteem one day above others , And they are convinced about it... That makes it right ?

Reply the two

2 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Barristter07: 6:20am On Dec 24, 2018
Alexis11:

Like seriously Just because somebody was bold enough to expose you people's lies against Christmas.......

Na wa oh! grin

What did he expose ?

2 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Barristter07: 6:21am On Dec 24, 2018
LuciferCatholic:

You contradict yourself.

You say "Yes he wasn't born on December 25th" and "there's a 100% chance he was born on December 25th".

Which one is it uncle?

Quoting Bible verses do not justify anything if you cannot provide incontrovertible proof - especially since the Bible's authenticity cannot be verified.

Reasons for Christmas being a pagan holiday wasn't because of Nimrod (another embarrassing error on your part), it is because of the Roman Sun God - Mithra.

1. Dies Natalis Solis Invicti means 'birthday of the unconquered sun' and was held on December 25th (when the Romans thought the Winter Solstice took place) and was the 'birthday' of the Pagan Sun god Mithra.

Years after Jesus' death, Christianity gradually grew popular & incited a lot of riots in the Roman Empire. Emperor Constantine had to merge the pagan Sun God celebration (Sol Invictus) with Christian doctrines to pacify both parties. The Bible you read today was revised by Bishops & politicians & many books were removed & banned at the Council of Nicaea.

Even the sunday you attend churches was gotten from the pagan religion of Mithraism, the holy day was Sunday and is where we get that word from!

2. Jesus couldn't have been born on December 25th because according to his birth story, shepherds flocked at night.

Shepherds don't flock outside in the Middle East around December (winter). This happens around spring (October).

Its usually cold outside and even snows so how on earth could shepherds have been outside at night with sheep on a hill that would probably be snowcapped and devoid of any grass?!

Alexis11, you see your life

2 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Barristter07: 6:24am On Dec 24, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Do you know we can decided to pick January 1st as the day Jesus healed the blind and start celebrating it? That's because we have the power.

You are not our master, so you have no power to judge us.Christmas has achieved a lot. Many people get to hear of Jesus during the period.

So, go and tell your master Satan to leave us alone.

grin cheesy You see una life.

Abeg, apostles Chose the dates ?

Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Barristter07: 6:30am On Dec 24, 2018
Mizwisdom:
One JW was telling me he will work on Christmas. Saying they don't celebrate birthdays because of Herod. People will use even satan to imprison themselves. What concerns Christianity with Herod's decision to kill John on his birthday. Is that why all humanity should no longer celebrate our day of birth? Stupid doctrine

U are misinformed, Herod killing John is not the issue, the real issue is this: CELEBRATION OF BIRTHDAYS IS PAGAN CELEBRATION, Herod is a pagan as well , likewise Pharaoh , NO servant of God in the Bible celebrated their birthdays , its a pagan festival. Even secular history bears witness to this

Any objection ?

2 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Barristter07: 6:38am On Dec 24, 2018
sweetilicious:
I am confused o.The church I go to taught me all this, but like what you said,I argued in acceptance of your assertion.Lets say it was not the day Jesus was born,any other day set aside for it will still be debated by some.Is it that they don't want us to believe in the son of God, Jesus or celebrate his birth which was for the salvation of our soul?

The apostles celebrated his birth?

1 Like

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 24, 2018
I seriously think people should set the Bible aside and read about the history of Christianity.

How the religion transcended from the Jews to the Romans and Greeks. It will give a better understanding of what it is.

Most Christians are highly ignorant about their religion and they are proud to be. This is why the world is in ruins

1 Like

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Barristter07: 6:47am On Dec 24, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

You're missing the point. The article isn't to prove that Jesus was born on December 25th. He already stated that Jesus most likely wasn't born on that day.

The purpose of the article, instead, is to showcase Christians' justification for choosing December 25th to celebrate our Lord and Saviour.

Off point

Did the Apostles celebrated his birth ?

2 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Barristter07: 6:58am On Dec 24, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

This is what I call 'genuine ignorance'...
1. Do you know that many of the early non Jewish converts did not circumcise their body? But Christ was circumcised as a jew..
2. Do you know that many of them did not observe the passover feast which Christ and his disciples did many times over?
3. Do you know that many of them ate what the Jews termed 'unclean animals' according to Jewish law? And I can categorically say that those laws were observed by Christ and his disciples..infact Peter was asked to kill and eat animals that were termed unclean in a vision and he objected at first..
4. Do you know that Christ and his disciples went to the temple to worship on the sabbath day? But the early non Jewish converts did not, they worshiped according to their agreement amongst each other..same as Christians of these days..

This is why God said in Hebrew 10:16,that he will write his commandments in the heart of his people so that they can(through the holy spirit) discern what is right in the eyes of God

Wrong analysis.

Christ did all that because he was BORN UNDER the Law according to scripture .

His death brought an end to all that. , so you don't expect his followers to do same. They are no longer under the Law according to scripture.

Besides,
Where did God command Christmas ? We know those days he participated in under the Law were commanded at a point .

Unless u answer that, u are deceiving yourself

2 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Barristter07: 7:06am On Dec 24, 2018
asuustrike1:
And for those still disputing about Christmas been pagan or not should note the following
1. The wearing of rings wasn't ordain by God for marriages because the men of old never wear them as a sign to signify marriage
2. The apostles of old never celebrated birthday parties, wedding anniversary, attending to other functions
3. There was never church wedding hence no reason should a church conduct it in the first place. No justification for that as the recognized marriage is the payment of dowry.
Should any refute these claims then such a person is an hypocrite for condemning Christmas. If you choose to be scriptural base then live by the scriptures don't add or subtract or bring your idea into it.

Is Marriage an institution from God ? Therefore respect everything associated with it, be it anniversary or whatever.

Is Birthday Celebration from God ?

That should Enlighten you that birthdays have pgan origin. Not even one servant of God in the Bible did his birthday

2 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Omudia11: 7:08am On Dec 24, 2018
Nice one! Fire down!
alBHAGDADI:

1. Yes, Christmas was a human invention. But is it all human inventions that are bad? Yes, we christians invented it because Jesus himself gave us the power to do so.

Mathew 18:18
Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

We have bound December 25th as a day for the celebration of Jesus. Heaven has also accepted our decision
We have also loosed the pagans from the deceit of Satan. Now they are celebrating Jesus instead of Satan. Or is it Satan's name we called on Christmas?

2. Eid El Kabir is not a Christian festival. Christmas is a Christian festival that's why we celebrate it. Pagans had their own celebration, but I ask, is it their god we celebrate on our own day? No. It is Jesus we celebrate.

Isaiah's 14:14
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High

4. Nimrod has no day because he never created any day.

Please stop quoting me Mr Satanist.
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Omudia11: 7:13am On Dec 24, 2018
Says you cheesy
gypsey:
Fairytales, Jesus never existed.
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Omudia11: 7:14am On Dec 24, 2018
Hahahahaa, I like that.
derbykol:
Whether 25th December or not,everyday is Christmas for me.

1 Like

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Omudia11: 7:16am On Dec 24, 2018
Do you know that lots of people also commit fornication every Sunday before going to church?
So should we then stop going to church on Sundays?
iyamchee:
Did you know that after Valentine's day, Christmas is one of the days where the highest amount of immortality is committed.....
Jesus Christ definitely won't have wanted that on his birthday.
You just made points based on your feelings....
There were no facts presented. I'm not against you celebrating Christmas..... Just stop using God's name in such filth.....
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Barristter07: 7:18am On Dec 24, 2018
MadamExcellency:

And birthdays I celebrate for my children are also evil because I can't see it in the bible.

Woe unto hypocrites, who instead of preaching holiness, peace and love diverts to origin instead of peoples motive for celebrating Jesus Christ.

Go and enlighten yourself ... History bears witness to the fact that Birthdays Celebration is a PAGAN Festival. Bible adds evidence to this by recording the birthdays of two Pagans

Show me one single servant of God in the Bible doing their birthdays?

2 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Omudia11: 7:20am On Dec 24, 2018
Do you have sense? How is a birthday subject to change? What can be subject to change is the date/day set aside for the celebration of the birthday.

For example, I once decided to change the date for the celebration of my birthday to another because I noticed that weird things always happened on my actual birthday. Wether I do or not, it still doesn't change the real date I was born.
LuciferCatholic:

So if Jesus' birthday is subject to change, where is its relevance?

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Omudia11: 7:25am On Dec 24, 2018
Tithing was also mentioned and practiced in the new testament. Get some knowledge.
kiddoiLL:
Haha there! I was waiting for you to cone up with the Jesus came didn't celebrate or Jesus changed the law crap.... The laws were abolished? Tithing isn't a law from God? it's not meant to be abolished? . .there's no point arguing with you
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 24, 2018
Omudia11:
Says you cheesy
Yes, unless you can provide any proof that Jesus Existed.

It is Fairytales!! grin
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 24, 2018
Barristter07:

Is Marriage an institution from God ? Therefore respect everything associated with it, be it anniversary or whatever.

That should Enlighten you that birthdays have pgan origin. Not even one servant of God in the Bible did his birthday
Anniversary has not scriptural backing at all
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 24, 2018
Omudia11:
Do you have sense? How is a birthday subject to change? What can be subject to change is the date/day set aside for the celebration of the birthday.

For example, I once decided to change the date for the celebration of my birthday to another because I noticed that weird things always happened on my actual birthday. Wether I do or not, it still doesn't change the real date I was born.
This is Hallucination, So weird things chose to happen on that day eh? grin could it not be all in your imaginations? just like your Fairytale Jesus?
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by alBHAGDADI: 7:54am On Dec 24, 2018
Barristter07:

You always amaze me with how you display Ignorance with pride.

Point 1: Birthday celebration is a pagan practice, yven history bears witness to this. Pharaoh and Herod you mentioned are pagans, Show me one friend of God in the Bible that celebrated his birthday ?

Point 2: U quoted romans 14, grin grin So since Buddhist, Shinto, Muslims also esteem one day above others , And they are convinced about it... That makes it right ?

Reply the two

Mention one friend of God in the Bible that wore wedding ring, did naming ceremony, wore suit and tie, wore Nike and use iPhone grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by alBHAGDADI: 7:59am On Dec 24, 2018
Barristter07:

Let me use your logic.

You say marriage is an institution from God, that's why you believe celebrating wedding anniversary is good even though no scripture says so.

Okay, giving birth which mostly comes after marriage is also as a result of God's work who gives babies. So we celebrate such days even though it is not scriptural. We celebrate birthdays because the Bible doesn't warn against it.

So Mr man, stop speaking where the Bible is silent, or else you will be forcing your commandment on us and claiming it is the doctrine of God.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Omudia11: 8:05am On Dec 24, 2018
People who are much more educated than you'll ever be are Christians. Christians dominate the world in education, science, technology etc.

That being said, the Bible is composed of two religions namely; Judaism and Christianity. While you can use Judaism to prove anything including murder, you can never ever (not in a million years) use Christianity to prove murder and all other evil acts. Christianity teaches unmatchable love such as the one Christ demonstrated to us by dying for us. Christianity teaches forgiveness, purity of the heart, mind and soul by being holy,
and thinking good thoughts.
Newboss:
The problem with the Bible is that you can use it to prove anything angry Literarily anything angry

That makes everything in it unreliable angry Yet, some people pick a part of it and call it the truth, while ignoring another part that says otherwise angry

I still wonder what any educated person is doing with a self contradictory book like that angry
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by MadamExcellency: 8:11am On Dec 24, 2018
Barristter07:

Go and enlighten yourself ... History bears witness to the fact that Birthdays Celebration is a PAGAN Festival. Bible adds evidence to this by recording the birthdays of two Pagans

Show me one single servant of God in the Bible doing their birthdays?

What the hell does their events go to do with what I celebrate?

God commanded you not to judge me or any other person as matters of celebration are concerned. You hypocrites should just vanish and stop given the church a bad name.

We are commanded to live holily, peaceably and in love, abstain from formication and meat sacrificed to idols.

We are Christ ambassadors and we are not and we never be in bondage.

If I may ask, do you have "personal" experience with Jesus Christ?

2 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by sweetilicious(f): 9:17am On Dec 24, 2018
Barristter07:

The apostles celebrated his birth?
But the apostles lived with him in those days.We are meant to accept him in faith of the word written for us to adhere to.And in that word(Bible)we were told of a prophecy that Jesus the son of God would be born by a virgin.That he is the saviour of mankind.That there was celebration in hope before and after the fulfillment of the prophecy.We celebrate his birth for if not that out of his love,he didn't volunteer,we wouldn't be redeemed.The word of God can only be understood deeply by the holy spirit.Lets stop all this shallow understanding.Jesus while on Earth always speaks in parables.I don't accept atrocities committed during the period.But it is bound to have even if we choose another date.We are in the World.We can choose not to be of the world too.
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Newboss(m): 9:47am On Dec 24, 2018
Omudia11:
People who are much more educated than you'll ever be are Christians. Christians dominate the world in education, science, technology etc.

That being said, the Bible is composed of two religions namely; Judaism and Christianity. While you can use Judaism to prove anything including murder, you can never ever (not in a million years) use Christianity to prove murder and all other evil acts. Christianity teaches unmatchable love such as the one Christ demonstrated to us by dying for us. Christianity teaches forgiveness, purity of the heart, mind and soul by being holy,
and thinking good thoughts.

You read what you just typed and you'll see that the Bible I is self contradictory angry
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by imam07: 10:12am On Dec 24, 2018
LuciferCatholic:
alBHAGDADI & MrPresident1 answer these questions or forever remain silent:

1. Why wasn't Christmas mentioned in the Bible?

2. Why did St. Peter, St. Paul and all the authors of the New Testament not make reference to Christmas in the numerous letters they wrote to the churches?

3. How could shepherds be out with their sheep at night on Jesus' birthday if Jesus was born in winter?

4. Why did Christians wait till 336AD (over 300 years after Jesus' death) to celebrate their first Christmas?

5. Why did it take a Pagan (Emperor Constantine) to "remind" Christians to celebrate the most important day of their religion?

PS: You cannot quote Bible verses because the Bible actually has nothing to say about Christmas since the Bible was written long before Christmas (as we are made to believe).
You argue blindly like some1 without knowledge. Is it a sin to be driving on Range Rover now because it was not mentioned in d bible? Kai why this stupid argument. Or is wrong to lick icecream because it was not mentioned in d bible. Stop using ur android phone because it was also not mention in d bible.
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by djon78(m): 10:38am On Dec 24, 2018
nwabekeyi:
I seriously think people should set the Bible aside and read about the history of Christianity.

How the religion transcended from the Jews to the Romans and Greeks. It will give a better understanding of what it is.

Most Christians are highly ignorant about their religion and they are proud to be. This is why the world is in ruins

Set my Bible aside This is the advice of people that peddle falsehood.

The Bible is our only authority, it is the word of God, the absolute authority

Psalm 19 King James Version (KJV)

19 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,

5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.

6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.

7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.

9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.

10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.

12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.

13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

King James Version (KJV)
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by imam07: 11:11am On Dec 24, 2018
iyamchee:

We are talking about the messiah here.....
Please stop preaching fallacy.
There's only one feast we were given with specific instructions to always do in remembrance of our Savior......
Check your bible
That is d best answer to ur question.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Gloria And Mike Bamiloye Celebrate 29th Wedding Anniversary In Style (Photos) / "Amazon CEO, Jeff Bezos Is World's Richest Man & He Doesn't Tithe"- Daddy Freeze / "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.