Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival (33885 Views)

Don't Let Anyone Lick Your Private, It's Demonic - Rev. Bernard Achiuior / The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You / Daddy Freeze: Celebrating Christmas, Is Celebrating A Pagan God's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by MadamExcellency: 8:51am On Dec 26, 2018
Barristter07:

How does this remove Christmas from Paganism

You are led By Jesus spirit and didn't know scripture SAID " Do not go beyond the things that are written " - 1Cor 4:6

You have already gone BEYOND what's written by celebrating what God didn't command in the scripture

I am not under any of your laws accept that commanded by the apostles after receiving the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ.

Acts 15:28-29
[28]For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
[29]That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Romans 14:4-6
[4]Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
[5]One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
[6]He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Colossians 2:16
[16]Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

I have the truth and I am living in the truth
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 26, 2018
MadamExcellency:

By grace, we are saved, not of works lest any human will boast.
By GRACE! Hmmmmmmmmm
So a Christian can choose to celebrate festivals that's not found anywhere in the history of God's loyal worshippers ( not even found in the life and ministry of Jesus Himself) and still claim to be under the GRACE!
I thought GRACE means (underserved kindness) shown to Adam's descendants for STRICTLY following Jesus' footsteps since all have come short of God's glory through Adam's sin! undecided undecided
Maybe you're saying GRACE means adding Jesus' name to WHATEVER people decides to do and His name will turn what is abominable to acceptable before God!

1 Like

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by MadamExcellency: 9:08am On Dec 26, 2018
TATIME:
By GRACE! Hmmmmmmmmm
So a Christian can choose to celebrate festivals that's not found anywhere in the history of God's loyal worshippers ( not even found in the life and ministry of Jesus Himself) and still claim to be under the GRACE!
I thought GRACE means (underserved kindness) shown to Adam's descendants for STRICTLY following Jesus' footsteps since all have come short of God's glory through Adam's sin! undecided undecided
Maybe you're saying GRACE means adding Jesus' name to WHATEVER people decides to do and His name will turn what is abominable to acceptable before God!

I already cleared all doubts why I am free to celebrate my Jesus Christ with bible references above.

See my last post before this one
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Barristter07: 9:09am On Dec 26, 2018
MadamExcellency:

I am not under any of your laws accept that commanded by the apostles after receiving the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ.

[28]For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
[29]That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

And Xmas was commanded too? grin

U are deceiving yourself

[4]Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
[5]One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
[6]He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

[16]Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

The bolded are reference to Jewish festivals, just as Romans 14:5,6 which are commanded by God himself in times past , NOT pagan celebration UNKNOWN to the apostles

2 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by MadamExcellency: 9:18am On Dec 26, 2018
Barristter07:

And Xmas was commanded too? grin

U are deceiving yourself

The bolded are reference to Jewish festivals, just as Romans 14:5,6 which are commanded by God himself in times past , NOT pagan celebration UNKNOWN to the apostles

I am sure you are not even filled with the Holy Spirit hence too much delusions.

The Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ that I received don't condone slightest sin in me hence I possess a living conscience.

John 16:13
[13]Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come

Get behind me, who the hell are you to judge me? Am I your servant?

Don't quote me again please. You are a hypocrite, not after holiness, love, peace and purity of heart (the pure in heart shall see God) but fixated on a day created by God, I choose to be happy.
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Barristter07: 9:27am On Dec 26, 2018
MadamExcellency:

I am sure you are not even filled with the Holy Spirit hence too much delusions.

The Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ that I received don't condone slightest sin in me hence I possess a living conscience.

[13]Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come

Don't quote me again please. You are a hypocrite, not after holiness, love, peace and purity of heart (the pure in heart shall see God) but fixated on a day created by God, I choose to be happy.

God , Jesus, Apostles ... NONE OF Them command Christmas!!!

Man made doctrine

2 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Barristter07: 9:56am On Dec 26, 2018
MiddleDimension:

thats actually good news Bible.

but here is NIV

14And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years,

gods word translation

14Then God said, "Let there be lights in the sky to separate the day from the night. They will be signs and will mark religious festivals, days, and years.

jubilee Bible 2000

14And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for appointed times and for days and years;

can you take me seriously now?

all quotations are Genesis chapter 1 vs 14

That Hebrew word can also mean mark " seasons" So thats not proving anything.

And if we are to go by religious festival, Definitely u are Saying every festival is right be it Buddist, Shnto, islam

U haven't proved anything

2 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by MiddleDimension: 10:00am On Dec 26, 2018
Barristter07:

That Hebrew word can also mean mark " seasons" So thats not proving anything.

And if we are to go by religious festival, Definitely u are Saying every festival is right be it Buddist, Shnto, islam

U haven't proved anything

typically jehovah's withness
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Janosky: 2:49am On Dec 30, 2018
MadamExcellency:

Your post is awash with sentiments.

God did not create pagan practice
of Christmas celebrations wey U carry for head like turban.

" The holy spirit of Jesus Christ," him disciples & of Godly men like Abraham David Moses no approve birthday/Christmas.

Holy spirit no tell Jesus Christ to do Christmas , na pagan emperor na him "holy spirit" come give the revelation... Oturugbeke !!!!!

"Purity of heart " ,holiness & spirit of truth have no fellowship with pagan feasts disguised as Christianity
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by MadamExcellency: 6:48am On Dec 30, 2018
Janosky:

Your post is awash with sentiments.

God did not create pagan practice
of Christmas celebrations wey U carry for head like turban.

" The holy spirit of Jesus Christ," him disciples & of Godly men like Abraham David Moses no approve birthday/Christmas.

Holy spirit no tell Jesus Christ to do Christmas , na pagan emperor na him "holy spirit" come give the revelation... Oturugbeke !!!!!

"Purity of heart " ,holiness & spirit of truth have no fellowship with pagan feasts disguised as Christianity

Before you reply my comment, answer this question first. Are you born again? Have you receive the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour?

One thing you Antichrists forgot is that Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit we received and preach is written in the table of our heart and conscience.

We have no object of worship, no image, no sentimental attachments to any emblem in heaven or on earth hence your references to paganism is ridiculous and a sign of self defeat and insecurity. Give it up and stop being a hypocrite.

Paganism has an object of worship, a temple and a deity. Stop arrogating life to dead gods.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Janosky: 9:32am On Dec 30, 2018
MadamExcellency:

Before you reply my comment, answer this question first. Are you born again? Have you receive the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour?

One thing you Antichrists forgot is that Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit we received and preach is written in the table of our heart and conscience.

We have no object of worship, no image, no sentimental attachments to any emblem in heaven or on earth hence your references to paganism is ridiculous and a sign of self defeat and insecurity. Give it up and stop being a hypocrite.

Paganism has an object of worship, a temple and a deity. Stop arrogating life to dead gods.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.

U no know shishi about Jesus Christ ,neither is he your Lord & personal saviour.
the holy spirit of Jesus Christ & his born again disciples shunned Christmas ,that pagan feasts wey U dey love pass Jesus himself just like your fellow hypocrites & anti Christ dey do.

U refused to copy Jesus Christ because u no know am.
Stop deceiving yourself
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Janosky: 1:12pm On Dec 30, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

5. Who told you it was Constantine that told Christians to celebrate Jesus birthday? Stop making false claims.

The Bible has a lot to say about Christmas. Read Luke 2 to see how angels celebrated and shepherds rejoiced at the news of his birth. It is the same celebration we are imitating.

na Jesus Christ & him disciples say make u dey 'esteem' Christmas that pagan feasts wey them no approve?

Luke chapter 2 , Angels did not celebrate Christmas nor the anniversary of Jesus birthday.
Stop deceiving yourself.

Pharaoh & Herod were pagans
Christmas/birthdays were strictly for pagans.

As Christ wey perfect no do am,
na pagan emperor go come approve for Christians wetin Christ no agree?
. U no copy Jesus your Master, na the man wey be your Master enemy go dictate how u go serve your Master?
Oturugbeke!!!!

"But now that you know God or rather are known by God how is it you are turning back to those weak and miserable principles? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again?
You are observing special days and seasons and months and years.!
I fear for you that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you'" Galatians 4:9-11.

The Bible says "now that you know God" komot your hands from birthdays & other pagan festive celebrations.

* Christmas began many centuries after Christ & his disciples were no more.

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Hairyrapunzel: 5:48pm On Dec 30, 2018
Barristter07:

Man made doctrine

Like anybody commanded Christians not to celebrate Christmas either.
If you don't celebrate Christmas it's still a man made doctrine. Don't think you are any different.
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Hairyrapunzel: 5:52pm On Dec 30, 2018
Janosky:

na Jesus Christ & him disciples say make u dey 'esteem' Christmas that pagan feasts wey them no approve?

Luke chapter 2 , Angels did not celebrate Christmas nor the anniversary of Jesus birthday.
Stop deceiving yourself.

. U no copy Jesus your Master, na the man wey be your Master enemy go dictate how u go serve your Master?
Oturugbeke!!!!

"But now that you know God or rather are known by God how is it you are turning back to those weak and miserable principles? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again?

The Bible says "now that you know God" komot your hands from birthdays & other pagan festive celebrations.

Show us the bible verse that God commanded his followers not to celebrate Christmas or birthday?
When you finish your rigmarole you will still not have answers to show for your assumption.

Pharaoh was a pagan yet he appointed Joseph governor as a result of the birthday he celebrated. Mtcheww.

You people will just be assuming what's not even in God's mind.
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Hairyrapunzel: 5:56pm On Dec 30, 2018
Janosky:

Stop deceiving yourself.

Oturugbeke!!!!

You say Jesus is perfect yet your governing body says they are imperfect and uninspired and because of this you must obey them.
You bow want to claim perfect like Jesus when you tell the whole world you are imperfect. I no fit laff.

When people point out the mistake in your doctrine you will remember you are imperfect but when it's time to tell people how their doctrines don't align with your governing body bible interpretation you claim perfect like Jesus Christ. Lol. Hypocrite
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Hairyrapunzel: 6:01pm On Dec 30, 2018
Janosky:

U no know shishi about Jesus Christ ,neither is he your Lord & personal saviour.
the holy spirit of Jesus Christ & his born again disciples shunned Christmas ,that pagan feasts wey U dey love pass Jesus himself just like your fellow hypocrites & anti Christ dey do.

Stop deceiving yourself

Show us the bible passage where Jesus or his apostles shunned Christmas? I know you will Still talk from here to Jericho and not provide any verse.
You that has been copying Jesus Christ why do you judge people for their decision to pick a date to celebrate Jesus Christ's birth?

I know the next thing for you to assume is Jesus Christ and his apostles shunned Christmas without providing any bible passage to support your assumption.
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Hairyrapunzel: 6:09pm On Dec 30, 2018
Barristter07:

Emotion as usual, be objective please

Paul that wrote Romans 14, DIDNT CELEBRATE Christmas either, did he?

If romans 14:5,6 that u quote earlier is saying celebrate any festival even if its pagan, Christians would be free to celebrate Muslim, Buddist, Shintp holy days , or traditional religious days.

I know the delusion of partying is strong, no wonder u are willing to twist an innocent scripture regarding Jewish holy days commanded in the Hebrew scripture to support a pagan festival that's foreign to the apostles and the bible

No bible passage recorded anybody celebrating or not celebrating Christmas.
No bible passage condemned celebrating or not celebrating Christmas.
Don't come here and act like you are deputy Jesus Christ in 2019.

You just be assuming and thinking people don't have sense like you. You think you can make up any story about Christmas and it will stop us from celebrating?

You chose to do what bible didn't say and we also chose to do what bible didn't say. Don't come and act like you are so righteous.
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by MadamExcellency: 9:07pm On Dec 30, 2018
Janosky:

Stop deceiving yourself

Answer the questions. Are you born again?

Are you filled with the power of the Holy Spirit?
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 03, 2019
Janosky:

Stop deceiving yourself
and it is you that knows Him nah yet you deny him to be the son of God hmmm
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by achorladey: 12:32am On Jan 04, 2019
MadamExcellency:

Meeting workbook October 2018 Week dated 1-7. The second question under digging for spiritual gems goes as follow:

Joh 10:22​—What was the Festival of Dedication? (“the Festival of Dedication” study note on Joh 10:22,

Study note in this meeting workbook required to provide answer to the question follows below..........

the Festival of Dedication: The Hebrew name of this festival is Hanukkah (chanuk·kahʹ), meaning “Inauguration; Dedication.” It was held for eight days, beginning on the 25th day of the month of Chislev, close to the winter solstice, (see study note on wintertime in this verse and App. B15) to commemorate the rededication of Jerusalem’s temple in 165 B.C.E. Syrian King Antiochus IV Epiphanes had shown his contempt for Jehovah, the God of the Jews, by desecrating His temple. For example, he built an altar on top of the great altar, where formerly the daily burnt offering had been presented. On Chislev 25, 168 B.C.E., to defile Jehovah’s temple completely, Antiochus sacrificed swine on the altar and had the broth from its flesh sprinkled all over the temple. He burned the temple gates, pulled down the priests’ chambers, and carried away the golden altar, the table of showbread, and the golden lampstand. He then rededicated Jehovah’s temple to the pagan god Zeus of Olympus. Two years later, Judas Maccabaeus recaptured the city and the temple. After the temple was cleansed, the rededication took place on Chislev 25, 165 B.C.E., exactly three years after Antiochus had made his disgusting sacrifice on the altar to Zeus. The daily burnt offerings to Jehovah were then resumed.

There is no direct STATEMENT in the INSPIRED SCRIPTURES indicating that Jehovah gave JUDAS Maccabaeus victory and DIRECTED him to restore the temple. However, Jehovah had used men of FOREIGN NATIONS(PAGANS), such as Cyrus of Persia, to carry out certain purposes as regards His worship. (Isa 45:1) It is REASONABLE to CONCLUDE, then, that Jehovah might use a man of his dedicated people to accomplish His will. The Scriptures show that the temple had to be standing and operating in order for the prophecies regarding the Messiah, his ministry, and his sacrifice to be fulfilled. Also, the Levitical sacrifices were to be offered until the time when the Messiah would present the greater sacrifice, his life in behalf of mankind. (Da 9:27;Joh 2:17; Heb 9:11-14) Christ’s followers were not commanded to observe the Festival of Dedication. (Col 2:16, 17) HOWEVER, there is no RECORD that JESUS or his Disciples CONDEMNED the CELEBRATING of this festival.

MadamExcellency take your time to read that study note, you will note the following after reading

1. The last Scripture you cited was also cited in this JW publication.

2. Some of the JWs don't really understand some of what they are taught at their meetings. Most times its all about REGURGITATION or PARROTING.

3. God(Jehovah) used PAGANS to restore PURE WORSHIP as highlighted in the reference material that CYRUS was used by God to liberate the EXILED JEWS IN BABYLON.
The analogy that should follow from what is stated in this JW publication is that, CHRISTMAS is being used to RESTORE the importance of THE SAVIOR OF MANKIND(JESUS CHRIST).

4. Feel free to ask Barristter07, what is the HULLABALOO on Christmas all about in reference to the cited material above.

5. The concluding part of this study note can be rephrased in such a way that it will readily support why some christians choose to CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS.

6. READ!

1 Like

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by achorladey: 1:02am On Jan 04, 2019
ORIGINAL VERSION........

There is no direct STATEMENT in the INSPIRED SCRIPTURES indicating that Jehovah gave JUDAS Maccabaeus victory and DIRECTED him to restore the temple. However, Jehovah had used men of FOREIGN NATIONS(PAGANS), such as Cyrus of Persia, to carry out certain purposes as regards His worship. (Isa 45:1) It is REASONABLE to CONCLUDE, then, that Jehovah might use a man of his dedicated people to accomplish His will. The Scriptures show that the temple had to be standing and operating in order for the prophecies regarding the Messiah, his ministry, and his sacrifice to be fulfilled. Also, the Levitical sacrifices were to be offered until the time when the Messiah would present the greater sacrifice, his life in behalf of mankind. (Da 9:27;Joh 2:17; Heb 9:11-14) Christ’s followers were not commanded to observe the Festival of Dedication. (Col 2:16, 17) HOWEVER, there is no RECORD that JESUS or his Disciples CONDEMNED the CELEBRATING of this festival.

REPHRASED VERSION................

There is no direct STATEMENT in the INSPIRED SCRIPTURES indicating that Jehovah/Jesus gave CHRISTENDOM the right to CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS or DIRECTED CHRISTENDOM to use CHRISTMAS CELEBRATIONS to restore JESUS role as SAVIOUR of MANKIND. However, Jehovah had used men/teachings of CHRISTENDOM churches, such as CHRISTMAS, to carry out certain purposes as regards His worship. (Isa 45:1) It is REASONABLE to CONCLUDE, then, that Jehovah might use a man of his people to accomplish His will.

The Scriptures show that the temple/the goodnews of the KINGDOM(Christ himself) must be preached until the conclusion of system of things in order that all other outstanding prophecies regarding the Messiah, his ministry, and his sacrifice to be fulfilled. Also, the good news of the kingdom must continually be preached as witness before the end comes.(Matthew 24:14) Christ’s followers were not commanded to observe the CHRISTMAS CELEBRATIONS.(Col 2:16, 17) HOWEVER, there is no RECORD that JESUS or his Disciples CONDEMNED the CELEBRATING of this CHRISTMAS.

NOTE:

1. CHRISTENDOM is the TAGGED group name JWs gives to all other christian religious denominations apart from theirs.

2. The JWs have their own dictionary meaning for the word "CHRISTENDOM". It simply means all other Christian religious denominations apart from the Jws are false religions. Therefore the reasons JWS called them CHRISTENDOM.
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Janosky: 1:01pm On Jan 04, 2019
@Anchorladey sophisticated LIES .
How is hedonism, wild parties & loose conduct of the pagan celebration of the Sun god, replicated at Christmas ( Santa Claus, unrivalled commercialism & materialism) connected to Jehovah's worship in his holy temple?

True worship of Jehovah was desecrated by pagans & later restored.

Christmas today is merely a change of label from the celebration of the pagan sun god to "Christmas" with all the imprints of paganism now disguised as Christianity.

Remove the Panadol logo on a pack of Panadol imprinted tablets & label it. "Christiandol", it is still Panadol .
Likewise the celebration of the pagan Sun god on December 25th now labeled Christmas.
Jesus the perfect man never sought to convert pagans by blending his righteous ways with their paganism . Imperfect men now deviously abrogate & dictate to Christ &
what he (jesus) would never approve .(Galatians 4:9-11).
Hhmmm!!!
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by achorladey: 1:33pm On Jan 04, 2019
Janosky:
How is hedonism, wild parties & loose conduct of the pagan celebration of the Sun god, replicated at Christmas ( Santa Claus, unrivalled commercialism & materialism) connected to Jehovah's worship in his temple?

Your own LIES start from even spelling my moniker ACHORLADEY wrongly.

Oga Janosky is it only on CHRISTMAS DAY people practice hedonism, wild parties, loose conduct? Do JWs give in to COMMERCIALISM and MATERIALISM just like other religious organizations? Jehovah's day is fast approaching yet leaders of the Organization are building SOPHISTICATED NEW HEADQUARTERS after making HUGE PROFIT on the previous one SOLD to the TRUMP Family. What that tells me is, COMMERCIALISM AND MATERIALISM. It is not by celebrating CHRISTMAS that leads people to such things.
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Janosky: 1:51pm On Jan 04, 2019
achorladey:

Your own LIES start from even spelling my moniker ACHORLADEY wrongly.

Oga Janosky is it only on CHRISTMAS day people practice hedonism, wild parties, loose conduct e.t.c. Do JWs give in to commercialism and Materialism just like other religious organizations? Jehovah's day is fast approaching yet leaders of the Organization are building SOPHISTICATED NEW HEAD QUARTERS after making HUGE PROFIT on the previous one SOLD to the TRUMP Family. What that tells me is COMMERCIALISM AND MATERIALISM. It is not by celebrating CHRISTMAS that leads people to such things.

Pls I'm sorry for wrong spelling of your name .
Achorladey dey find excuses to justify wetin Jesus no approve (Galatians 4:9-11) .
Which pagan celebration wey Jesus do with pagans or change the name so as to convert them (pagans) to become his followers?
The early Christians sold land & properties & used the proceeds for the congregation, likewise JWs . Your analogy is off point.
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by achorladey: 1:52pm On Jan 04, 2019
Janosky:
How is hedonism, wild parties & loose conduct of the pagan celebration of the Sun god, replicated at Christmas ( Santa Claus, unrivalled commercialism & materialism) connected to Jehovah's worship in his holy temple?

True worship of Jehovah was desecrated by pagans & later restored.

Christmas today is merely a change of label from the celebration of the pagan sun god to "Christmas" with all the imprints of paganism now disguised as Christianity.

Remove the Panadol logo on a pack of Panadol imprinted tablets & label it. "Christiandol", it is still Panadol .
Likewise the celebration of the pagan Sun god on December 25th now labeled Christmas.
Jesus the perfect man never sought to convert pagans by blending his righteous ways with their paganism . Imperfect men now deviously abrogate & dictate to Christ &
what he (jesus) would never approve .(Galatians 4:9-11).
Hhmmm!!!

Who restored true worship?
Give me list of what JESUS approves and what he does not APPROVE.

While the ORGANIZATION were busy celebrating this same CHRISTMAS from the 1800 to the early 1920s and 1930 that particular part of things approved by JESUS is not recorded in the BIBLE. You make me laugh! The imperfect men leading the organization don't know they were abrogating and dictating to Christ and approve what he never did or celebrated.
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by achorladey: 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2019
Janosky:

Pls I'm sorry for wrong spelling of your name .
Achorladey dey find excuses to justify wetin Jesus no approve (Galatians 4:9-11) .
The early Christians sold land & properties & used the proceeds for the congregation, likewise JWs . Your analogy is off point.

What did the apostles used the properties they sold for? To build new headquarter in JERUSALEM or ANTIOCH when the destruction of those places were APPROACHING abi? I hear you!

As regards misspelling the moniker, it adds nothing or take away nothing from the person bearing the moniker. I am only pulling your legs.

Have you really taken your time to study Galatians 4: 9-11 abi your just citing it for quoting sake.
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Hairyrapunzel: 9:08pm On Jan 07, 2019
Barristter07:

Man made doctrine

Go, Jesus, apostles... NONE OF THEM condemned Christmas.

Your doctrine is also a Man made doctrine.
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Peacefullove: 7:29am On Jan 08, 2019
achorladey:
ORIGINAL VERSION........

There is no direct STATEMENT in the INSPIRED SCRIPTURES indicating that Jehovah gave JUDAS Maccabaeus victory and DIRECTED him to restore the temple. However, Jehovah had used men of FOREIGN NATIONS(PAGANS), such as Cyrus of Persia, to carry out certain purposes as regards His worship. (Isa 45:1) It is REASONABLE to CONCLUDE, then, that Jehovah might use a man of his dedicated people to accomplish His will. The Scriptures show that the temple had to be standing and operating in order for the prophecies regarding the Messiah, his ministry, and his sacrifice to be fulfilled. Also, the Levitical sacrifices were to be offered until the time when the Messiah would present the greater sacrifice, his life in behalf of mankind. (Da 9:27;Joh 2:17; Heb 9:11-14) Christ’s followers were not commanded to observe the Festival of Dedication. (Col 2:16, 17) HOWEVER, there is no RECORD that JESUS or his Disciples CONDEMNED the CELEBRATING of this festival.

REPHRASED VERSION................

There is no direct STATEMENT in the INSPIRED SCRIPTURES indicating that Jehovah/Jesus gave CHRISTENDOM the right to CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS or DIRECTED CHRISTENDOM to use CHRISTMAS CELEBRATIONS to restore JESUS role as SAVIOUR of MANKIND. However, Jehovah had used men/teachings of CHRISTENDOM churches, such as CHRISTMAS, to carry out certain purposes as regards His worship. (Isa 45:1) It is REASONABLE to CONCLUDE, then, that Jehovah might use a man of his people to accomplish His will.

The Scriptures show that the temple/the goodnews of the KINGDOM(Christ himself) must be preached until the conclusion of system of things in order that all other outstanding prophecies regarding the Messiah, his ministry, and his sacrifice to be fulfilled. Also, the good news of the kingdom must continually be preached as witness before the end comes.(Matthew 24:14) Christ’s followers were not commanded to observe the CHRISTMAS CELEBRATIONS.(Col 2:16, 17) HOWEVER, there is no RECORD that JESUS or his Disciples CONDEMNED the CELEBRATING of this CHRISTMAS.

NOTE:

1. CHRISTENDOM is the TAGGED group name JWs gives to all other christian religious denominations apart from theirs.

2. The JWs have their own dictionary meaning for the word "CHRISTENDOM". It simply means all other Christian religious denominations apart from the Jws are false religions. Therefore the reasons JWS called them CHRISTENDOM.

Encyclopedias confirm those disciples you mention view birthday celebration which Xmas is all about as dirty . and from this thread someone said only the people of the nations whom the Jew are not to absorb their traditions are the ones recorded in your holy book as celebrating Birthday, can you shed light on this ?
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by achorladey: 10:30am On Jan 08, 2019
Peacefullove:

Encyclopedias confirm those disciples you mention view birthday celebration which Xmas is all about as dirty . and from this thread someone said only the people of the nations whom the Jew are not to absorb their traditions are the ones recorded in your holy book as celebrating Birthday, can you shed light on this ?

The post you responded to, do not cite encyclopedia sources, as regards Jews not absorbing the traditions of people of the nations, the post you responded to was riding on the premises and conclusion that God do use people of the nations to restore pure worship of the jews in line with the post I posted earlier before this particular post you are responding to.

“A main concern is, not what the practice meant hundreds of years ago, but how it is viewed today in your area. Understandably, opinions may vary from one place to another. Hence, it is wise to avoid turning such matters into big issues.” Awake! 2003 Sep 22 pp.23-24

The spirit and mindset expressed in the article cited above captures the motive possibly or probably on the shedding of light palaver you seek

1 Like

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Peacefullove: 1:31pm On Jan 08, 2019
achorladey:

The post you responded to, do not cite encyclopedia sources,

I was making a point, why running away from it ?

as regards Jews not absorbing the traditions of people of the nations, the post you responded to was riding on the premises and conclusion that God do use people of the nations to restore pure worship of the jews in line with the post I posted earlier before this particular post you are responding to.

Is birthday celebration which Xmas represent, among the pure worship of the Jews ? Hello, why does your Bible not make any reference to Jewish birthday celebration as it did Egyptians ?

“A main concern is, not what the practice meant hundreds of years ago, but how it is viewed today in your area. Understandably, opinions may vary from one place to another.
Hence, it is wise to avoid turning such matters into big issues.” Awake! 2003 Sep 22 pp.23-24

The spirit and mindset expressed in the article cited above captures the motive possibly or probably on the shedding of light palaver you seek
Diverting as usual, you are not an expert at this.

Will that apply to Gay and Lesbianism which your bible frowns at ? Should we agree Sex before marriage is good as well ? Cos it is okay in many areas ... When you answer me ... , we will see if that can as well support xmas ( Birthday celebratio considering the way it's referenced in your Bible.

Am awaiting
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Jozzy4: 1:48pm On Jan 08, 2019
Peacefullove:

I was making a point, why running away from it ?

Is birthday celebration which Xmas represent, among the pure worship of the Jews ? Hello, why does your Bible not make any reference to Jewish birthday celebration as it did Egyptians ?

Diverting as usual, you are not an expert at this.

Will that apply to Gay and Lesbianism which your bible frowns at ? Should we agree Sex before marriage is good as well ? Cos it is okay in many areas ... When you answer me ... , we will see if that can as well support xmas ( Birthday celebratio considering the way it's referenced in your Bible.

Am awaiting

following keenly to see how he answers that. For the records , that Awake article is a misquote, it discussed a tradition called Pinata., used in many occasions, so the article said what he quote just because it Also states "In fact, piñatas are used in Mexico on many festive occasions, not just for the posadas or for birthdays. And piñatas can be purchased in many forms other than the traditional star shape. They are sometimes made to resemble animals, flowers, clowns." https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102003687 . that's the link to read full article

So people use it in many occasion, graduation , marriage or all other you can think of .. Not always religious, so that is why the Awake state that point.

For Awake response to those who try to misquote like that liar just did. See this link
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/pc/r1/lp-e/1200276790/1/0 . totally different from birthdays which the Bible reference only to pagans like you also stated.

Peace bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach / Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! / Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Bows, Hosts King Wasiu Ayinde Marshall And Wife In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.