Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,386 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Do You Think On The Principle Of Equality A Man should Hit Back? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Think On The Principle Of Equality A Man should Hit Back? (1534 Views)

The Principle Of Investment / The Principle Of The New Covenant. / “giving” The Principle For Successful Financial Breakthrough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think On The Principle Of Equality A Man should Hit Back? by vaxx: 2:24pm On Dec 23, 2018
johnydon22:
I can see the verdict is unanimous, which reflects the first sentence on my post.

We are quickly losing the idea of "It is unmanly to hit a woman"
When a midget attacks a bouncer looking dude, he would most likely get a good hit in return, so it doesnt matter if what he looks or is weaker. If you hit someone you shouldn't have the idiotic expectation to not get hit in retaliation. Doesnt matter if Male female alien or otherwise.
Re: Do You Think On The Principle Of Equality A Man should Hit Back? by Seun(m): 2:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
johnydon22:
So don't you think given the strength disparity, it is far more likely for men to be punished since it is far more likely for them to do the most damage hence the need for more responsibility and restraint on their part?
Yes, that is an acceptable outcome, as long as the punishments are based on the actual damage done rather than on their gender.

vaxx:
When a midget attacks a bouncer looking dude, he would most likely get a good hit in return, so it doesn't matter if what he looks or is weaker. If you hit someone you shouldn't have the idiotic expectation to not get hit in retaliation. Doesn't matter if Male female alien or otherwise.
Obviously, if you hit a person who is much stronger than you, you should expect to suffer. This doesn't make a disproportionate response ok.

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Do You Think On The Principle Of Equality A Man should Hit Back? by Geofavor(m): 3:12pm On Dec 23, 2018
It depends on the situation, who she is to you and how well you relate with eachother.

Anyway, If a girl slaps you and you smile and walk a away, you're not a gentleman. You're a mor0n, and most girls will piss on you. What's gentlemanly is being patient not to hit her when she insults you heavily.

I think you're talking like this because you haven't found yourself in such a situation yet @johnydon22. E no easy o grin

When a woman attacks, apart from the physical pain (which is negligible sometimes), you feel emotional pain as well. It is this emotional pain that makes most guys retaliate immediately. Emotions are infectious and instantaneous. If she starts getting aggressive, naturally, you will start feeling aggressive too. If she slaps you and you slap back, don't worry, your gentleman status is still intact. You may disagree, but this is true IMO if we're considering equality.

Emotions are not peculiar to females alone. it's something both men and women feel. And not everyone can caution restraint.
In contrast to what the society assumes and forces on men, Men are not always emotionally stronger. Men are just as emotional as women.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Think On The Principle Of Equality A Man should Hit Back? by hahn(m): 3:19pm On Dec 23, 2018
johnydon22:
I can see the verdict is unanimous, which reflects the first sentence on my post.

We are quickly losing the idea of "It is unmanly to hit a woman"

That's a good thing, right?
Re: Do You Think On The Principle Of Equality A Man should Hit Back? by hahn(m): 3:20pm On Dec 23, 2018
beatmonster:

chai grin grin

your blood dey hot like fire oh

No time
Re: Do You Think On The Principle Of Equality A Man should Hit Back? by vaxx: 3:29pm On Dec 23, 2018
Geofavor:
It depends on the situation, who she is to you and how well you relate with eachother.

Anyway, If a girl slaps you and you smile and walk a away, you're not a gentleman. You're a mor0n, and most girls will piss on you. What's gentlemanly is being patient not to hit her when she insults you heavily.

I think you're talking like this because you haven't found yourself in such a situation yet @johnydon22. E no easy o grin

When a woman attacks, apart from the physical pain (which is negligible sometimes), you feel emotional pain as well. It is this emotional pain that makes most guys retaliate immediately. Emotions are infectious and instantaneous. If she starts getting aggressive, naturally, you will start feeling aggressive too. If she slaps you and you slap back, don't worry, your gentleman status is still intact. You may disagree, but this is true IMO if we're considering equality.

Emotions are not peculiar to females alone. it's something both men and women feel. And not everyone can caution restraint.
In contrast to what the society assumes and forces on men, Men are not always emotionally stronger. Men are just as emotional as women.
We always forget that men and women are humans first. ALL humans are subject to selfish greed and narcissism. Humans will force themselves and their will on other humans in order to get their way. The rest of humanity decides when they've had enough abuse. Humans shouldn't need to be violent against one another but we are. Why? Because we're animals. We're not as special as we like to think we are. Learning how to stand up for yourself in the face of bullying and tyranny is a necessary skill that everyone should learn. Unfortunately, that means you might have to punch someone from time to time. I'm pretty sure humans will NEVER evolve beyond this.
Re: Do You Think On The Principle Of Equality A Man should Hit Back? by johnydon22(m): 3:39pm On Dec 23, 2018
hahn:

That's a good thing, right?
No. I think we shouldn't lose that value
Re: Do You Think On The Principle Of Equality A Man should Hit Back? by hahn(m): 3:40pm On Dec 23, 2018
johnydon22:
No. I think we shouldn't lose that value

Why not?
Re: Do You Think On The Principle Of Equality A Man should Hit Back? by Evangkatsoulis: 4:05pm On Jan 09, 2019
johnydon22:
So, there is a growing trend today in the world which is an implication of the gender equality argument.

There is an increment on men and women who think that it is ok for a man to hit back a woman who hits him first.

I personally tend to disagree with this "Men shouldn't except on extreme cases that may be regarded as self defence" on my own reasons I will also reveal.

There are also other implications like more men now expect equal contribution from women, equal responsibility, less men still open doors, less still takes on the bill 100%. These to me are rather lighter issues that don't really matter.

But the idea of men retaliating when hit doesn't sit well with me.

What do you think? Do you think it is consistent with the idea of equality for men to hit back when hit by a woman?

Simple! See the woman as a weaker guy. Would you hit back at a 5' 7 60kg guy?
Re: Do You Think On The Principle Of Equality A Man should Hit Back? by johnydon22(m): 7:53pm On Jan 09, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

Simple! See the woman as a weaker guy. Would you hit back at a 5' 7 60kg guy?
in a way you could still do way more damage
Re: Do You Think On The Principle Of Equality A Man should Hit Back? by CoolUsername: 11:20pm On Jan 09, 2019
In principle, you should hit back but in practice you'll just end up getting lynched by the white-knight beta cuck squad.
Re: Do You Think On The Principle Of Equality A Man should Hit Back? by johnydon22(m): 12:18am On Jan 10, 2019
CoolUsername:
In principle, you should hit back but in practice you'll just end up getting lynched by the white-knight beta cuck squad.
Can a beta male beat an alpha? grin
Re: Do You Think On The Principle Of Equality A Man should Hit Back? by CoolUsername: 1:43am On Jan 10, 2019
johnydon22:

If the alpha is outnumbered, yes.
Re: Do You Think On The Principle Of Equality A Man should Hit Back? by LordReed(m): 11:39am On Jan 10, 2019
johnydon22:
CoolUsername:

If the alpha is outnumbered, yes.

What is beta and alpha with respect to man?
Re: Do You Think On The Principle Of Equality A Man should Hit Back? by CoolUsername: 12:03pm On Jan 10, 2019
LordReed:

What is beta and alpha with respect to man?

Quick meme

Re: Do You Think On The Principle Of Equality A Man should Hit Back? by LordReed(m): 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2019
CoolUsername:

Quick meme

I hope you understand that's facetious?
Re: Do You Think On The Principle Of Equality A Man should Hit Back? by CoolUsername: 1:56pm On Jan 10, 2019
LordReed:

I hope you understand that's facetious?

It's definitely a meme and shouldn't be taken too seriously but it is still true that there are behaviours that would give you an advantage over others who aren't naturally predisposed to them. There are people who are naturally charismatic and there are those who aren't.

While the whole alpha/beta and chad/virgin binary is an overgeneralization usually used in jest. There is still a bit of truth to it.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saying "I'm Born Again " Is Boastful / Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? / Are You Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.