Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,811 members, 7,813,670 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Life Savings Of 250k - Jobs/Vacancies (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Life Savings Of 250k (43993 Views)

Get Me A Job And Take My Entire Live Savings Of 100,000 / Can One Rent An Apartment Of 250k Per Annum With 80k Job? / 250K For Househelp Job In Banana Island, Only Graduates Needed. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by jinka(m): 8:46am On Dec 26, 2018
Oyindidi:
okay, invest wisely
thank you
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by jinka(m): 8:54am On Dec 26, 2018
spiritedtete:

I am very impressed with your story sir... What do you have in mind too do with the money... Before now... And how much were you targeting as savings.

my plan was to save up to 500k while still searching for a better job. learn a trade, open a shop and begin to sell goods. but it was cut short when my good friend asked me to start looking for accommodation because he plans on getting married during the first quarter of 2019 ( though he really tried for me within the two years I stayed with him).
getting accommodation and buying the necessities in it will cut off nothing less than half of the 250k and I dont wana continue with the teaching job again. I just want to aim higher
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by spiritedtete: 9:31am On Dec 26, 2018
jinka:

my plan was to save up to 500k while still searching for a better job. learn a trade, open a shop and begin to sell goods. but it was cut short when my good friend asked me to start looking for accommodation because he plans on getting married during the first quarter of 2019 ( though he really tried for me within the two years I stayed with him).
getting accommodation and buying the necessities in it will cut off nothing less than half of the 250k and I dont wana continue with the teaching job again. I just want to aim higher

What kind of trade do you want to learn sir... And how long will it take you to learn... Are you settling in Ilorin and is Ilorin the same place you will be leaening the trade.
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by jinka(m): 10:20am On Dec 26, 2018
spiritedtete:

What kind of trade do you want to learn sir... And how long will it take you to learn... Are you settling in Ilorin and is Ilorin the same place you will be learning the trade.

I will like to learn about cosmetics, ladies shoes and bags, 2 or 3 months to learn the trade here in Ilorin with great determination and would like to settle here in Ilorin considering the cheap standard of living and the amount I have at my disposal.
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by spiritedtete: 10:50am On Dec 26, 2018
jinka:

I will like to learn about cosmetics, ladies shoes and bags, 2 or 3 months to learn the trade here in Ilorin with great determination and would like to settle here in Ilorin considering the cheap standard of living and the amount I have at my disposal.

Okay... So do you also need money to learn and how much.

If not get a place... However I will also get to you in few days...

I did like to support.

1 Like

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by jinka(m): 11:19am On Dec 26, 2018
spiritedtete:

I did like to support.
I already have a place in mind where I want to learn the trade. I will gladly appreciate your support Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Iamsane: 1:17pm On Dec 26, 2018
kollinskollins:
Its 50k Here In Tincan Lagos.

Please what is the Duration for Learning. Can I get more Info from you?
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Ajiswaggs(m): 1:54pm On Dec 26, 2018
U can start selling phn accessories

1 Like

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Sarang(f): 2:08pm On Dec 26, 2018
gypsey:
is this rubbish supposed to make sense?

keep swearing one day you will swear your own Vagina grin Hoes like you i enjoy fuvking with a 10 inch screwdriver.

Keep dreaming bastard!
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Achero(m): 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2018
Call me bro let's talk 08033217749
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by ableguy(m): 3:42pm On Dec 26, 2018
Sarang:

Keep dreaming bastard!
Haa
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Burchester: 3:58pm On Dec 26, 2018
Baleeson:
bro that taxify uber business is best of all...08096760331...u can call or whatsap..I preferred uber in abuja ..than in Lagos cuz of too much hold up ...that's in Lagos routes

don't buy keke cuz u will suffer... am A keke driver here in abuja..I knw how e b ..i ve people DAT are doing this uber driven ..and believe me those guys are making so much..

u can get house of 40k 50k annually in places like jahi 1, jabi daki biyu, life camp too is fine. if u need a room of 30 to 25k..then u come karmo ,dape down to gwagwa...

Do you know anyone for to contact for houses ??
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by kollinskollins(m): 4:12pm On Dec 26, 2018
Iamsane:

Please what is the Duration for Learning. Can I get more Info from you?
Its 3times A Week For 3months And U'll Be Given A Certificate At The Completion Of Your Service.
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by LeoFish92(m): 4:59am On Dec 27, 2018
Wealthier:
you are correct o really. Some shameful work has the highest profit.I know a graduate that made 100k in 2 months from being a gas station attendant

I'm a graduate, I work as a loader (those touts that load goods and luggage) for one of the most popular mass transits in the East.

Job is denigrating but I make well over 60k per month.

Indeed some shameful works pay

1 Like

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by CodeTemplar: 1:23pm On Dec 27, 2018
BillGoldberg:
First and foremost, do not contact anybody from this site or drop your email or phone number. Most Nigerians are hungry animals and will rip you off that 250k you saved already! You have been warned. Simply go through advices and pick the ones that best suit your life.

As an aside, Please do not pay any stuppid tithe neither should you buy any stuppid Keke. Keke Business is almost saturated and you will be harassed on a daily by touts and passengers!

You have some options now. Two of the answers are already here.

First and foremost, why not open a lesson centre from the money you have already? You can even teach adults as per adult education. You can also teach a large number of your school pupils as per afternoon lessons.

Go and learn barbing in your area ASAP! Relocate to a low cost city like Onitsha or Ibadan and open a Salon! With a Salon, you have solved two problems. Housing and Salary because you will also be sleeping there. That means that rent is off the case. Wake up early morning and baff somewhere. Find a way to shitt and also feed. It mustn't be Onitsha. Lagos is ok too. But why I didn't mention it is because unless you have someone or a relative in Lagos... You may suffer accommodation issues!
I swear.

Another great option is to learn driving ASAP! Find someone to teach you expert driving because the cities you will be driving in requires such. Also start processin drivers licence immediately if you dont have one! When you are done learning, come to Naira land here and request for a car. Pray to God to find a good partner who may also give you temporary accomodation in Lagos! Sign up on Uber and Taxify and start driving! You will be seeing your daily feeding money at least! Thats it.

The third option is for you to start clothes business with some money you saved. Mind you, don't invest all. Come to Onitsha with like 80-100k. Buy cheap okirika clothes and start selling in schools around you! With the said amount above, You can buy clothes that will fill 7-8 Onions bags. You can also buy cheap party china wears. From your description, you seem to stay in an area not too developed. So I guess, they wont know the difference. Carry your clothes around and sell in schools, universities and colleges of educations. Also go around school hostels shouting "Things For Sell". It pays a lot.

Fifth and Final option is use some part of the money and buy a laptop if you don't have one already. Start Yahoo Yahoo! It maybe long before you pick but if Satan is on your side, a good maga will change your story forever. I don't want to say God because God does not like evil! Am just being realistic bro. (PS: This is a joke and just for fun. I dont and will never support this.)

But never ever go for masters! Its useless. There is little or no white collar job in Nigeria now. The few available ones either pay peanuts or the high paying ones need connection to get! Don't learn any useless computer skills! You may remain hungry Don't become a Keke driver! You will suffer! Think big and become big!
barbing saloon?
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Ifeconwaba(m): 2:04pm On Dec 27, 2018
beejaylaxy1:
Agency Banking business is the way bro, I mean the POS business. First of all find a community, estate or any area where bank is scarce, money is a necessity so forget whether you go get customer or not. After, find a single room apartment of about 50k, furnish am with 50k, find a shop of about 36k to 50k. Go to any bank and tell dem you interested in agency banking biz, dey will give u POS free, pur the remaining 100k in the account and start ur life. Meanwhile don't quit ur teaching job until everything is set.
my guy please enlighten me more on this agency banking stuff am in the same situation with the op abeg,
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Ifeconwaba(m): 2:24pm On Dec 27, 2018
ynotsadeek:
Here's my own 2kobo advice;

Start Agency Banking Business.

I'll share my own story to help you get a better idea.

I schooled in Delta and served in Kwara. After service I simply stayed behind cos I knew I had nothing to go back to in Delta.

My PPA then happened to be so far from main town, with transportation cost averagely about #700 to and from from the town.

So, I saw the opportunity in this, which was;

1. No banks in my PPA community.
2. Tfare to and fro from the nearest bank in town is about 700h
3. Good power supply in the community
4. Free accommodation as per I was a good Corper during my service year so I had good relationship with the school I served and the indigenes.

Hence, I rented a shop. 1,500h per month, bought 3 plastic chairs, printed 2 banners and with my Android phone I was in business.

Next I registered as an Agent with several agency banking companies, installed their App and started doing Cash Withdrawals/Deposits/Transfers, Dstv sub payments, Airtime sales, NEPA prepaid payments. I don't even have POS machine yet oo, just using my Android phone for now.

In all I spent about 30k to setup, and with savings of 400k, I had enough cash for those coming to withdraw.

Right now I make about 3k daily from service charges and I work even on Sundays.

I hope this helps. It's 3:30a.m here so its back to bed now. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Oga abeg help put me through am in the same situation with the op, for me I have been working in a bet9ja shop and I have managed to save 350k, in one year am also a graduate please help me on how to go about this agency banking abeg

1 Like

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by papyskinsy: 9:23am On Dec 28, 2018
apply for Npower as a support fund.. while u hustle.. and as for masters guy no even reason am.. masters is not for the faint hearted.. cus aside the psychological tumor.. hw er yu gonna be feeding.. plus research needs money where will u get dat frm.. how about accommodation where u go dey stay.. u might end up dropping out cause of de stress
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by cutieme(m): 10:25am On Dec 28, 2018
LeoFish92:

I'm a graduate, I work as a loader (those touts that load goods and luggage) for one of the most popular mass transits in the East.

Job is denigrating but I make well over 60k per month.

Indeed some shameful works pay
Guy links dey for job there?Link man na
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by jinka(m): 12:00pm On Dec 28, 2018
papyskinsy:
apply for Npower as a support fund.. while u hustle.. and as for masters guy no even reason am.. masters is not for the faint hearted.. cus aside the psychological tumor.. hw er yu gonna be feeding.. plus research needs money where will u get dat frm.. how about accommodation where u go dey stay.. u might end up dropping out cause of de stress

Has Npower commenced new registration?
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by papyskinsy: 2:53pm On Dec 28, 2018
jinka:

Has Npower commenced new registration?

Till next year
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by LeoFish92(m): 8:22pm On Dec 28, 2018
cutieme:
Guy links dey for job there?Link man na

They recruited just recently.
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by cutieme(m): 6:00am On Dec 29, 2018
jinka:

Is there a place the trade is learnt? How much do they charge for the learning?
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by cutieme(m): 6:07am On Dec 29, 2018
jinka:

Please where in Ilorin are you based and how much can one get an average accomodation there? What's the standard of living there too,thanks?
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by jinka(m): 8:55am On Dec 29, 2018
cutieme:
Is there a place the trade is learnt? How much do they charge for the learning?

There are many big shops and warehouses around the city where you can actually learn, and they don't charge if someone they trust referred you to them to stay and learn for 1 or 2 months. But you have to be humble, diligent and determined.
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by cutieme(m): 8:57am On Dec 29, 2018
jinka:

There are many big shops and warehouses around the city where you can actually learn, and they don't charge if someone they trust referred you to them to stay and learn for 1 or 2 months. But you have to be humble, diligent and determined.
Ok,please how much can one get an average house there,also how is living standard in Ilorin?
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by jinka(m): 9:02am On Dec 29, 2018
cutieme:
Please where in Ilorin are you based and how much can one get an average accomodation there? What's the standard of living there too,thanks?

I stay within the city, geri-alimi to be precise. you can get an average accommodation at the rate of 50-70k a year (self con) while single room is about 30-35k a year. Very cheap standard of living in terms of feeding and transportation. A peace place.
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by cutieme(m): 9:47am On Dec 29, 2018
jinka:

I stay within the city, geri-alimi to be precise. you can get an average accommodation at the rate of 50-70k a year (self con) while single room is about 30-35k a year. Very cheap standard of living in terms of feeding and transportation. A peace place.
ok,how much do teaching pay there and do you guys experience light 247?How about their women,dem ready to mingle?
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Ameboperoo(m): 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2018
cutieme:
ok,how much do teaching pay there and do you guys experience light 247?How about their women,dem ready to mingle?
Can someone help me with a meme of hot slap?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by jinka(m): 12:19pm On Dec 31, 2018
spiritedtete:

I did like to support.

Good day sir and compliment of the season to you and your family.

Sir I just want to remind you that I am still waiting to hear from you as you promised to support me in my life endeavours.

Thank you sir and happy new year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

N-Power Test: What's Your Score? / I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! / glo Customer Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.