Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money (25235 Views)

My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / Woman Beats Her Husband Mercilessly For Hitting Her / Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by Oyindidi(f): 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2018
Hugo55:

ok
Go and reply
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by Tozara(m): 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2018
TheManOfTheYear:
[s]lol. Send me your account number. It seems you couldn't even afford chicken this Xmas cuz you sound like a frustrated church rat.

I'll send you 40k to help your destiny. Or it's not enough?[/s]
Get lost.
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by Angelicsweetnes(f): 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2018
ExposedWicked:
Merry Xmas,

I was given an opportunity to access my guardian's account via phone because she was going through medical complications. The thing is, the past caretaker ran off with over 3 million naira. The woman has little money left and because i had only 2 thousand naira on my account, i decided to move 20,000 from her own to mine.... Ever since then, my conscience has been hitting on me. I feel down whenever i perform my voluntary service to her. She trusts me so badly that it hurts knowing i have done such evil.

Right now, i don't know what to do because my mind is clouded with a lot of things. If i return the money, i could go hungry when am dispatching for next week but if i keep it now, my conscience might persist hitting me and she could feel disappointed at the end of it all.

Please advice me.

Like the saying goes "it's never too late to start over ". Returning the money to her in person is not necessary but returning the money is definitely necessary. If whatever pushed you to stealing and betrayal is that important please consider telling her about your circumstances. I'm sure she would gladly help you since your service has been voluntary. If all else fails, trust God. His grace is sufficient. Make it your new year resolution to desist from taking what isn't yours be it money or not. You can do it. I believe in you. RETURN THE MONEY DEAR.

Happy Boxing Day

1 Like

Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by ExposedWicked: 3:23pm On Dec 26, 2018
saajus:
Please return the money. Do the right thing. Nairaland is the home of good Nigerians.Nairalander will raise 50k for u.

Return it and post ur account detail here
Thank you sir. I appreciate ur concern but it just better if i work for the next money for now.

I av returned her money but she is troubled that am leaving her to school next week.

Once again, thank u

1 Like

Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by Blazebond(m): 3:24pm On Dec 26, 2018
ExposedWicked:
Merry Xmas,

I was given an opportunity to access my guardian's account via phone because she was going through medical complications. The thing is, the past caretaker ran off with over 3 million naira. The woman has little money left and because i had only 2 thousand naira on my account, i decided to move 20,000 from her own to mine.... Ever since then, my conscience has been hitting on me. I feel down whenever i perform my voluntary service to her. She trusts me so badly that it hurts knowing i have done such evil.

Right now, i don't know what to do because my mind is clouded with a lot of things. If i return the money, i could go hungry when am dispatching for next week but if i keep it now, my conscience might persist hitting me and she could feel disappointed at the end of it all.

Please advice me.

Return that money ASAP.
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by ExposedWicked: 3:24pm On Dec 26, 2018
Angelicsweetnes:

Like the saying goes "it's never too late to start over ". Returning the money to her in person is not necessary but returning the money is definitely necessary. If whatever pushed you to stealing and betrayal is that important please consider telling her about your circumstances. I'm sure she would gladly help you since your service has been voluntary. If all else fails, trust God. His grace is sufficient. Make it your new year resolution to desist from taking what isn't yours be it money or not. You can do it. I believe in you. RETURN THE MONEY DEAR.

Happy Boxing Day
Thank u sir, av done that
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 26, 2018
TheManOfTheYear:
All what you've just typed, Just imagine if God does the same to you after you've betrayed Him many times.

Lol. You guys gotta take a chill pill � . No mf is perfect

Don’t bring God into this, it’s no justification to steal money and betray a poor ill woman. I wouldn’t judge him so much if he confessed to being a robber who repented. This is about trust.
You don’t have to believe in God to know he has messed up big time.
Even as a Christian, don’t know that God might have put him in such a position to test him? He might have prevented and deprived himself of a higher glory and opportunity to receive something better.

Trust bro, TRUST is the word. He shouldn’t blame temptation for his actions. What if he works in a bank or in a position where he would have access to other people’s money?

This isn’t just about stealing, it’s also about TRUST. Nothing is as bad as someone who can’t be trusted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by mechanics(m): 3:27pm On Dec 26, 2018
Return the money, and you will have peace of mind.
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by ExposedWicked: 3:30pm On Dec 26, 2018
I appreciate all efforts here to correct my course, am touched. Even though i knw i was doing the wrong thing i simply could not resist the urge because i was in need and desperate.

Am finally relieved for sending that money back to her.

Thank u all.

3 Likes

Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2018
ExposedWicked:
Thank you sir. I appreciate ur concern but it just better if i work for the next money for now.

I av returned her money but she is troubled that am leaving her to school next week.

Once again, thank u

I might have been harsh on you but you should expect reactions like mine. Not everyone will hug you and ask you gently to return the money or do the right thing.

That woman loves you, depends on you for some of her daily living. Glad you’ve done the right thing. Perhaps it’ll be nice to speak to her relatives about certain lapses in the way her finance is being handled. You’d be preventing another person from taking advantage of her when you are gone.
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by Vicyace: 3:32pm On Dec 26, 2018
It's a thing of the mind.
I'm sorry for op cos bring broke can push to do such things.
You have to man up and return the money. You can pay back without using yo it name.
You have to man up. It's good to have conscience but if this affects you to much then maybe you are a big weakling.
I have access to on of my uncle's Funds. He's sick and he trusts me deeply too and I never took a dime because I focus on making mine and even try to give him and his family from the little of mine even though I know what he has is massive to what I have. He gets angry at me sef for spending my money on myself and not his.

Op shake down the guilt and focus on making money of yours.

Don't tell your her you took her money o you could be sending her to a very early grave. She trusts you and that could break her down.
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 26, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

... And you are entitled to that, but the majority wouldnt trust a thief, and certainly not one who couldnt even come clean about their theft ( aka a thief pretending not to be one)

I meant I'd trust him and love him if he came to me return the loot and apologize. I'd understand. I'd even ask him to keep it if I could afford that
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by Hugo55(m): 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2018
[quote author=Oyindidi post=74184216] Go and reply [/quote OK.
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by Mariangeles(f): 3:54pm On Dec 26, 2018
Kharol1234:
wich kind brokeness make u took pesin moni...d way u took d moni u beta go return am bak...make r health complications no follow u...
It's not about being broke, he's greedy and he stole from a helpless woman !
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by bladeAnders(m): 3:56pm On Dec 26, 2018
ExposedWicked:
Merry Xmas,

Please advice me.
advice u on what? u stole what is not urs, u are a thief...
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by Premiumwriter: 3:58pm On Dec 26, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

... And act like he Aint a thief?!

I think he should face reality and accept the consequences of his actions. He should go face the person he stole the money from, hand over the 20k, explain how/why he did it, and face the wrath of that person.

I certainly wouldnt want to have such person "still" in charge of my affairs, and would dismiss them on the spot.
and you want him to go and confess? So heartless

Bro transfer the money to her account and free yourself.

You didn't tell her when you took it. She didn't notice the missing money and I think you should returned it as quietly as you took it, I

1 Like

Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by marvinsync(m): 3:58pm On Dec 26, 2018
ExposedWicked:
Merry Xmas,

Please advice me.

guy ur not hungry if u were hungry u won't be asking this question , just keep it and ask for forgiveness from God later ,that's how we Christians roll
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by Btruth: 4:03pm On Dec 26, 2018
no matter how small it is, it is call stealing. So, please return it while you can.
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:06pm On Dec 26, 2018
Premiumwriter:
and you want him to go and confess? So heartless

You mean, as "heartless" as when that thief stole her money while she was in bed dying?!
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:09pm On Dec 26, 2018
candlewax:

I meant I'd trust him and love him if he came to me return the loot and apologize. I'd understand. I'd even ask him to keep it if I could afford that

If he came clean, and confessed then i could understand, but he needs to let that person know who he is (aka a thief) and let the sick woman decide on her own if she still wants him in charge of her finances.
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 26, 2018
SKhanmi:
Why pay it back? Maybe you belong to the no karma gang . Nothing do you guy. Funniest thing is You're going to lose more than 20k later,maybe end up in a similar situation. Bedridden & seeing someone close to you steal from you.

True story: Did something similar.... Enjoyed the loot... Balled hard... Life was good.... I ended up hounded by trouble that wore corporate suits,had bodyguards & all smoking crack. Original wahala collected by yours truly. Did it again to be sure. Shit hit the fan again. I ain't touching nobody else money illegally again till I die fam. Let people laugh.
ur own deep sha oh.
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 26, 2018
thinking....wetin i don steal...thinking...
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by ayubaikemba(m): 4:30pm On Dec 26, 2018
return the money immediately. don't think twice. it's a sin. will you add to her sorrows? simply because she is weak. is better to have a clear conscince before God and men.
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by ColdIce: 5:07pm On Dec 26, 2018
if i whr u. i will drink sniper. bastard thief
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by Ayobami7(m): 5:08pm On Dec 26, 2018
Eyaah
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by rayobaba(m): 5:11pm On Dec 26, 2018
I dont care abt other's opinion. To me, if u can resolve in ur mind never to take d money again, just pay d 20k back to her account. She doesn't av to know its u dt paid d money. There are too many holier than thou people here. But if u know u wl stl be tempted to steal d money again, then confess to her and return d 20k.
But if she has suffered any loss or pain cos of d 20k u stole, then u must confess to her directly to forgive u.

1 Like

Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by pendragon35(m): 5:22pm On Dec 26, 2018
All you throwing blames on him take it easy joor. We are all sinners in one or two ways.

But Egbon, kindly return the money as earlier suggested by some matured folks. You are indirectly causing more than good to yourself.
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 26, 2018
decatalyst:

Yes! He needs to return the money with interest too...
grin this guy u wicked oh. How abt me wen don eat person 200k$.
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by Premiumwriter: 5:34pm On Dec 26, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

You mean, as "heartless" as when that thief stole her money while she was in bed dying?!
if you find someone trying to right the wrong they've done, it's best to encourage them.

Not discourage them with punishments. If you do that you'll only discourage future corrections.
Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by Premiumwriter: 5:36pm On Dec 26, 2018
Blyzz:
grin this guy u wicked oh. How abt me wen don eat person 200k$.
I'm watching you.

Re: My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 26, 2018
Premiumwriter:
I'm watching you.
I'm kidding right grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Grand Dad Recreates His Old Photos In Style / Short Men MAKE Better Husbands Than Tall Ones –study / Am I Being Unreasonable Or Is My Wife Selfish?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.