Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics (2829 Views)

Athiests, Prove To Me That BIG BANG Happened. Is this Eyewitnesses photo real? / Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? / Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by theunnamed: 4:21pm On Dec 27, 2018
kevoh:

I perceive sarcasm! undecided My submission is on the two terms Freethinking and Atheism not whether a God exists or not.

A freethinker can still remain/be a theist unlike atheism which is just simply the lack of belief in the existence of a deity/deities.

A freethinker might choose to question the logic behind beliefs and form their opinions but does not necessarily reject them. They can choose to throw some parts away and stick with some. The problem here is questioning logic/authority of beliefs are peculiar to both the freethinker and the atheist and people are quick to label them the same.

Noah's ark and the flood is an example... Atheists know and call the story bullsh*t. Case Close! but I have also seen Christians who also know Noah's ark story do not hold water and instead prefer to see the story from an allegorical perspective as that is a more logical standpoint to them. That can be called freethinking.

It was sarcasm, but thanks for clearing it up anyway.
The line is not so thin after all . I relate with the free-thinkers.
But still, all these just give validation to my logic point
Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by budaatum: 4:23pm On Dec 27, 2018
raptex:
Are you sure there are Nigerian female atheists or freethinkers?Cos all my life I've been around overly religious females.
I have met a few, ma, being one. But there aren't many openly atheist females as the cost of admitting it is huge.
Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by johnydon22(m): 4:26pm On Dec 27, 2018
theunnamed:

I might have been wrong, but most atheists argument I've seen was always centered in "facts and logic", isn't that part of the reason you folks are called free-thinkers? I don't know what y'all upset for

I'm not in the least upset, just correcting a naive assertion. Anyone can actually be a freethinker, I have seen many atheists argue contrary to logic or reason. Logic or reason is individual not a group thing
Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by johnydon22(m): 4:26pm On Dec 27, 2018
raptex:
Are you sure there are Nigerian female atheists or freethinkers?Cos all my life I've been around overly religious females.
I have dated quite a few

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by urahara(m): 4:28pm On Dec 27, 2018
johnydon22:

I'm not in the least upset, just correcting a naive assertion. Anyone can actually be a freethinker, I have seen many atheists argue contrary to logic or reason. Logic or reason is individual not a group thing

Looool , maybe he hasn't seen atheists that are flat earthers and moon landing conspiracists grin grin
Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by budaatum: 4:32pm On Dec 27, 2018
We might just need a dating site, or thread at least, for atheists.
Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by CAPSLOCKED: 5:12pm On Dec 27, 2018
hahn:

All I can say about your issue is that you are not ready to settle down or maybe you have been heartbroken to the point where you find it hard to fall in love.

Personally I have been married for about 5 years now and I remembered I and my wife used to kneel down and pray together. That was until the day I realised that we were talking to ourselves and decided to dump god in the trash where it belongs.

I an my wife are still very much in love and we now have a little boy who turned 1 in November.

We still gist for hours, mostly gossiping about other people lol, and still argue and fight over nothing and still enjoy each other's company.

I work from home and I am so glad I am able to spend every day with my wife and son especially watching my son grow. It is a beautiful experience.

That said I can confidently say that our love for each other has grown significantly after dumping god. There is more of a need to please and show love each other instead of dividing that love with an imaginary psychopath.

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 27, 2018
budaatum:

I have met a few, ma, being one. But there aren't many openly atheist females as the cost of admitting it is huge.
Who's ma? Wifey or Mama?
Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 27, 2018
johnydon22:
I have dated quite a few
Please can you share your experiences?
Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 27, 2018
Can y'all date or marry religious girls?
Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 27, 2018
raptex:
Love,Sex,Marriage, Religion,Atheism,etc are all problems for man to deal with, He is really deep into this shit called reality and only practical wisdom can help him survive it.

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by CAPSLOCKED: 5:29pm On Dec 27, 2018
raptex:

MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRISTIAN, A PRO-LIFER, AND A SERIOUS HOMOPHOBE.. THE TYPE THAT HAS PROMISED TO REJECT AND FRUSTRATE (AND IF POSSIBLE MURDER) HER OWN CHILDREN IF ANY TURNS OUT GAY.
SHE'S A GREAT PERSON.
APART FROM THE "MADNESS" IN HER HEAD THAT SHE WAS SPOONFED BY HER FAMILY AS A CHILD SHE DOESN'T GIVE ME ANY TROUBLES.
I'VE GIVEN UP TRYING TO MAKE HER THINK AGAIN ABOUT HER CHOICES AND HOMOPHOBIC STAND. I DON'T THINK SHE'S GONNA HAVE A CHANGE OF MIND ANYTIME SOON.
I DON'T HOPE THAT TIME WILL COME, BUT JUST IN CASE SHE PACKS UP AND LEAVES I WON'T DEDICATE MYSELF AGAIN TO A PARTNER THAT WILL PROMISE TO TORMENT OUR KIDS WHENEVER THEY COME JUST BECAUSE HER RELIGION DESPISES THE KIND OF PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE.

4 Likes

Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRISTIAN, A PRO-LIFER, AND A SERIOUS HOMOPHOBE.
So how do you cope?
Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by theunnamed: 5:41pm On Dec 27, 2018
johnydon22:

Ok, thanks for the education
Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by budaatum: 5:45pm On Dec 27, 2018
raptex:
Who's ma? Wifey or Mama?
Mama. She's in Nigeria at the moment causing havoc with anyone who mentions God in her presence. She's let a building of mine to Mountain of Fire, and instead of paying rent they want to pray for her. So last Saturday she locked up the building so they could not worship on Sunday. They all came to plead with her but she would not have it till they paid.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by janettee(f): 5:46pm On Dec 27, 2018
budaatum:

Mama. She's in Nigeria at the moment causing havoc with anyone who mentions God in her presence. She's let a building of mine to Mountain of Fire, and instead of paying rent they want to pray for her. So last Saturday she locked up the building so they could not worship on Sunday. They all came to plead with her but she would not have it till they paid.

grin grin I like her already..

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRISTIAN, A PRO-LIFER, AND A SERIOUS HOMOPHOBE.. THE TYPE THAT HAS PROMISED TO REJECT AND FRUSTRATE (AND IF POSSIBLE MURDER) HER OWN CHILDREN IF ANY TURNS OUT GAY.
SHE'S A GREAT PERSON.
APART FROM THE "MADNESS" IN HER HEAD THAT SHE WAS SPOONFED BY HER FAMILY AS A CHILD SHE DOESN'T GIVE ME ANY TROUBLES.
I'VE GIVEN UP TRYING TO MAKE HER THINK AGAIN ABOUT HER CHOICES AND HOMOPHOBIC STAND. I DON'T THINK SHE'S GONNA HAVE A CHANGE OF MIND ANYTIME SOON.
I DON'T HOPE THAT TIME WILL COME, BUT JUST IN CASE SHE PACKS UP AND LEAVES I WON'T DEDICATE MYSELF AGAIN TO A PARTNER THAT WILL PROMISE TO TORMENT OUR KIDS WHENEVER THEY COME JUST BECAUSE HER RELIGION DESPISES THE KIND OF PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE.
Thanks for sharing
Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2018
budaatum:

grin
Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by CAPSLOCKED: 5:51pm On Dec 27, 2018
raptex:
So how do you cope?

LOL FOR NOW I TRY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE NOT TO GET UPSET WITH THE USUAL RELIGIOUS PERSON'S DREAMS, PRAYERS, GOD DID THIS OR THAT AND ALL OTHER RELIGION-BASED ILLOGICAL THINGS. FOR NOW. BUT YOU KNOW WHEN YOU'RE WITH A CATHOLIC PARTNER A TIME WILL COME WHEN THERE'S GONNA BE KIDS AND BAPTISM. ROSARY RECITATION, BENEDICTION AND NOVENAS. STATUES AND LITANY OF THE SAINTS. SCAPULAS, SPRAYING OF HOLY WATER AND BURNING OF INCENSE. FIRST HOLY COMMUNION, CONFIRMATION, THE OTHER SACRAMENTS, AND ALL THE STUFF THAT IS EXPECTED FROM A RELIGIOUS (CATHOLIC) FAMILY.
I DON'T THINK I'M INTERESTED IN GETTING INVOLVED WITH ALL THAT NASTY SETTINGS.
MY AIM FOR MANY YEARS NOW HAS BEEN TO ERADICATE RELIGION, AND HELP PEOPLE BELIEVE IN THEMSELVES INSTEAD OF WITCHES AND IMAGINARY THINGS, FOR I UNDERSTAND THAT IF WE ALL LEARN THAT WE'RE ALONE WITH NO EXTERNAL HELP AND PROTECTION, WE WILL LEARN TO APPRECIATE EACH OTHER MORE AND TAKE EVERY MOMENT AS SPECIAL AS WE CAN BECAUSE THERE'S NO ASSURANCE THAT "WE HAVE BEEN DESTINED" TO LIVE LONG AND ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING.
IF I'VE DEDICATED A PART OF MY LIFE TO HELP PEOPLE KNOW AND UNDERSTAND THIS, YOU BETTER BELIEVE I CAN'T LET MY LOVED ONES BELIEVE THE OPPOSITE.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by budaatum: 6:12pm On Dec 27, 2018
janettee:

grin grin I like her already..
She's a terror! She used to be religious, though not when I was a child, and still goes to church and Bible Study, but she causes havoc there. She was a nurse before she retired, so would ask how it's possible for a woman to have a child without having sex. "Did Mary have artificial insemination 2000 years ago?" A question I once asked her when I was like 11 years old.

She doesn't so much claim there are no gods, but "show me", and constantly complains how Nigerians would spend their time in prayer then come begging her for food to eat and feed their kids and pay their fees. Her favorite line is "God never came down to do anything for a lazy sit on the ass person".

The local pastors visit her to pray for her thinking she would give them money, but she tells them not to come to her house unless they are bringing her gifts. "I can not go to fa gburu in cold London to come and waste my money feeding your lazy ass", she would tell them.

I guess I influenced her. About 20 years ago I told her I was not happy having an ignorant mother who did not read. She said she could not see so I took her to the opticians and got her glasses and we cut a deal. "If you go to Church with me", she said, "I will read". So I went to Church for 12 years and got me a very intelligent mama.

She loves helping people who help themselves, and over the past 10 years has made us all pay over $20k for the school fees of some young unrelated person studying in Ghana, amongst many others she sponsors.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by hahn(m): 6:30pm On Dec 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL FOR NOW I TRY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE NOT TO GET UPSET WITH THE USUAL RELIGIOUS PERSON'S DREAMS, PRAYERS, GOD DID THIS OR THAT AND ALL OTHER RELIGION-BASED ILLOGICAL THINGS. FOR NOW. BUT YOU KNOW WHEN YOU'RE WITH A CATHOLIC PARTNER A TIME WILL COME WHEN THERE'S GONNA BE KIDS AND BAPTISM. ROSARY RECITATION, BENEDICTION AND NOVENAS. STATUES AND LITANY OF THE SAINTS. SCAPULAS, SPRAYING OF HOLY WATER AND BURNING OF INCENSE. FIRST HOLY COMMUNION, CONFIRMATION, THE OTHER SACRAMENTS, AND ALL THE STUFF THAT IS EXPECTED FROM A RELIGIOUS (CATHOLIC) FAMILY.
I DON'T THINK I'M INTERESTED IN GETTING INVOLVED WITH ALL THAT NASTY SETTINGS.
MY AIM FOR MANY YEARS NOW HAS BEEN TO ERADICATE RELIGION, AND HELP PEOPLE BELIEVE IN THEMSELVES INSTEAD OF WITCHES AND IMAGINARY THINGS, FOR I UNDERSTAND THAT IF WE ALL LEARN THAT WE'RE ALONE WITH NO EXTERNAL HELP AND PROTECTION, WE WILL LEARN TO APPRECIATE EACH OTHER MORE AND TAKE EVERY MOMENT AS SPECIAL AS WE CAN BECAUSE THERE'S NO ASSURANCE THAT "WE HAVE BEEN DESTINED" TO LIVE LONG AND ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING.
IF I'VE DEDICATED A PART OF MY LIFE TO HELP PEOPLE KNOW AND UNDERSTAND THIS, YOU BETTER BELIEVE I CAN'T LET MY LOVED ONES BELIEVE THE OPPOSITE.

Chain.

See stress

After we gave birth to our baby boy I remember people were coming to congratulate us and a certain mama after all the talk she asked if she could pray for us and I and wifey gave a synchronised NO.

On the day of the naming it was straight eating and drinking.

No time

7 Likes

Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by hahn(m): 6:40pm On Dec 27, 2018
johnydon22:
I have dated quite a few

When you say a few how many is that exactly?

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by CAPSLOCKED: 8:13pm On Dec 27, 2018
hahn:

Chain.

See stress

After we gave birth to our baby boy I remember and people were coming to congratulate us and after all the talk she asked if she could pray for us and I and wifey gave a synchronised NO.

On the day of the naming it was straight eating and drinking.

No time

THAT'S WHY I ALWAYS EMPHASIZE ON THE IMPORTANCE OF GETTING A PARTNER THAT HAS SIMILAR IDEAS.
GETTING HOOKED UP WITH A RELIGIOUS PERSON MIGHT GO VERY SOUR ON THE LONG RUN. JUST IMAGINE HOW BAD IT IS FOR COUPLES FROM TWO DIFFERENT CHRISTIAN SECTS. MY COUSIN WAS CHASED OUT OF HER HOME WITH HER TWO LITTLE KIDS BECAUSE THE PASTOR OF HER HUSBAND'S CHURCH SAID SHE'S THE CAUSE OF HER HUSBAND'S PROBLEMS, AFTER SHE REFUSED TO CONVERT FROM CATHOLIC TO LORD'S CHOSEN.
THINK ABOUT THE COUPLES THAT ARE MUSLIM AND CHRISTIAN.. THEN IMAGINE HOW WORSE IT'LL BE FOR AN ATHEIST MARRYING A RELIGIOUS PERSON WHO CAN BE EASILY INFLUENCED BY THE SAME FAMILY THAT INDOCTRINATED HER TO THE RELIGION SHE'S NOT WILLING TO GIVE UP.

I ENVY YOU. AT LEAST, YOU'RE REST ASSURED YOUR WIFE IS NEVER GOING TO A PASTOR FOR SPECIAL PRAYERS, NEITHER WILL SHE SOW SEEDS WITH ALL THE MONEY YOU BOTH LABOURED FOR.
I ENVY YOUR SON. BOY WON'T GO THROUGH THE STRESS OF TRYING TO MEMORIZE BIBLE VERSES, ATTEND SUNDAY SCHOOL, OR HAVE HIS CAPRI-SON MONEY GIVEN TO THE CHURCH AS OFFERINGS AND TITHE BY GULLIBLE DADDY AND MOMMY. cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by janettee(f): 8:22pm On Dec 27, 2018
I really like this thread smiley.

My partner is agnostic. I could never be with a religious person for real. No matter how open minded they might be, it's just a turn off lol.
Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by CAPSLOCKED: 8:35pm On Dec 27, 2018
janettee:
I really like this thread smiley.

My partner is agnostic. I could never be with a religious person for real. No matter how open minded they might be, it's just a turn off lol.

GOOD TO KNOW SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS MY POINT.
Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 27, 2018
budaatum:
She loves helping people who help themselves, and over the past 10 years has made us all pay over $20k for the school fees of some young unrelated person studying in Ghana, amongst many others she sponsors.
now thats a great mother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 27, 2018
I have only dated religious ladies. Religion is just an opinion, and when there is no attempt to forceful convert (the) other(s) it is something I can comfortably go along with. If na pray you go pray, weting concern me.

in fact I love some aspects of religion sef. the meditating part, contemplation, the music, I find it very useful. People should learn not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

The whole characteristics of a partner can't be reduced to his religious affiliations.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by budaatum: 8:52pm On Dec 27, 2018
LoJ:

now thats a great mother.
Oh thank you. She is indeed. I'm going to call her and tell her you said so!
Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 9:04pm On Dec 27, 2018
budaatum:

I like that woman hahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by budaatum: 9:07pm On Dec 27, 2018
SonsOfLiverpool:
I like that woman hahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin
No! You cannot marry her! I don't want another daddy. Thank you.
Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 9:12pm On Dec 27, 2018
I have never met an irreligious girl. I am not an atheist but I don't go to church, I believe there is a creator and I pray and "he" answers me. Though, I don't kneel and close my eyes praying, I just talk to my mind.

I wish I have a girl who's irreligious it would be awesome. But all the ones I meet are religious nut heads. One vigil to another, I can't do that thing.

But hey, new year eve am gonna be in the presence of the lord for cross over. I'll do that for my mama even though she knows I don't go to church no more grin grin grin
Re: Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 9:13pm On Dec 27, 2018
budaatum:

No! You cannot marry her! I don't want another daddy. Thank you.
easy mama, am a young man in late 20s. No chance.

But we could be pals you know

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God - Please Vote / Faith In God - "i Just Want To Say 'hi' To My Friend, God" / Dr. Sign Fireman Teams Up With Prophet Samson Ayorinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.