Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) (47319 Views)

January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia / RCCG Stops Worshippers Without Face-Mask From Adeboye's Crusade In Badagry / This Is What Christmas In Badagry Looked Like In 1923 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 27, 2018
I wish the whites stayed more in this country..

All this slave trade story was a farce. Africa has been selling themselves even before the white man came.

Till today Anazodo family in Nnewi has been returning home to thier family after years of being sold to other igbo families and western family.

So when I see people hating whites for buying blacks I will be like white came and continued a trend that has been in existence before they came.

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 27, 2018
Lucifer66:

People like you are dullards.
Ethiopia is the only African nation to not be colonized but they are one of the poorest.
SA was colonized for a long period of time but they are the most developed.
The whites were helping!
We are saying the same thing.
But the difference is that you lack comprehension skills.
It’s obvious you attended an EVENING SCHOOL

8 Likes

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Samirana360(m): 9:42am On Dec 27, 2018
Lucifer66:
Who is this ape lipsrsealed "stayed back" It's either he can't make a proper sentence or you're a dullard "stayed back" in reference to not have entered Nigeria.
English teacher....two of una dey correct

3 Likes

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by sukerefakere(m): 9:43am On Dec 27, 2018
;
post=74198372:
Ignore Papa Nnamdi above as usual, let him and Mama Nnamdi both ride their foolishness to the new year alone!
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by brostheo(m): 9:43am On Dec 27, 2018
Holamic:
Back in the days when they don't believe money make them happy... No be now when people go say nah buhari cause hardship. My believe money is good but certainly does not promise happiness.
Does this people look happy?Show me any black man smiling in that photo
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Lucifer66(m): 9:44am On Dec 27, 2018
EVILFOREST:

We are saying the same thing.
But the difference is that you lack comprehension skills.
It’s obvious you attended an EVENING SCHOOL
Don't try to save yourself you ape .
That evening school is better than the bush for a house you learnt your forsaken English in.
Learn the meaning of words before spewing out such nonsense.
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by IloveToMess: 9:45am On Dec 27, 2018
Lucifer66:

Who is this ape lipsrsealed
"stayed back"
It's either he can't make a proper sentence or you're a dullard
"stayed back" in reference to not have entered Nigeria.
Is badagry in Europe you fool. Stayer back according to the picture, thats why you never passed waec like your President.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 9:45am On Dec 27, 2018
post=74198193:
The days of slavery.......

[s]We will get to our full potentials in few years to come, we are right on track already[/s].
This anuofia does not say anything reasonable.. if not for the peanut He is paid to constitute nuisance.. which track with old retarded brains?
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by nograv: 9:46am On Dec 27, 2018
post=74198193:

We will get to our full potentials in few years to come, we are right on track already.

I tell you, with the natives in the photo standing bare chested with letters on theit chests...

While the Europeans relax in lovely colonial white clothing at the front...

And some foolish old readers here will lament "there once was a country"

I would rather have Nigeria like this and be free, than the tyranny of colonialism mtchew..

Instead of looking back, look forward with a leader like Sowore we will get there grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Lifestone(m): 9:46am On Dec 27, 2018
post=74198193:

We will get to our full potentials in few years to come, we are right on track already.
No more slavery as at this period in Nigeria. Don't mislead the uninformed.
If you are talking in the context of master / servant relationship, I will agree 100%. By the way, what has changed since then, nothing but the form.
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by ahahnow: 9:47am On Dec 27, 2018
Those where the good old days when Nigerian men were hard working. If they didnt work they would be flogged by the white men. But now, nobody is flogging them, they are now messing up and disgracing Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by michoim(m): 9:48am On Dec 27, 2018
Nogodye:
Gone are the days when Nigeria was still a country...
Even now we are still a country...
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Lucifer66(m): 9:48am On Dec 27, 2018
IloveToMess:

Is badagry in Europe you fool. Stayer back according to the picture, thats why you never passed waec like your President.
Listen here,
I made a big mistake quoting a slowpoke with a Dullards name.
It's obvious you have never felt the 4 corners of a school.
Badagry is in Lagos but I don't expect a slowpoke like you to know.
Too many dropouts here.

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by arabbunkum: 9:48am On Dec 27, 2018
Backward ewedu race.
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by akinbodma(m): 9:50am On Dec 27, 2018
Forget the whites.....Nigeria is not ready to develop with all this our corrupt and selfishness leaders
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 27, 2018
Lucifer66:

Don't try to save yourself you ape .
That evening school is better than the bush for a house you learnt your forsaken English in.
Learn the meaning of words before spewing out such nonsense.
I am sorry you FAILED to comprehend.
Forgive my exigencies towards making you to be carried along....
The TRUTH remains that we are saying the same thing, but you think differently grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 27, 2018
Lucifer66:

People like you are dullards.
Ethiopia is the only African nation to not be colonized but they are one of the poorest.
SA was colonized for a long period of time but they are the most developed.
The whites were helping!
Ethiopia poor?
Go n do ur research well

2 Likes

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by uuzba(m): 9:52am On Dec 27, 2018
Baawaa:
That was what in vogue then
And today, stupidity is in vogue. A people who cannot rule their own nation in justice.
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by EbolaParasite: 9:52am On Dec 27, 2018
Lucifer66:
People will start condemning the white people forgetting that is our own black people that allowed and also sold some of our people.
Some Afonjas were among those people this why you can't trust a Yoruba man.
Take note, We're still technically slaves and lower than these white people who brought Christianity and atheism.
Use your brain!!!

Shame on you. Brainwashed Youth.
Let me ask you this :
Did Africans build boats and ships, put slaves on them and traveled to America and said, hey "Mr Whiteman, I have slaves for sale?"
This inferiority complex that lets you only listen/read about your history only from the same people that oppressed you is sad.
Let me educate you. The White is 100% responsible for the slave trade. Africans had to compromise or risk more deaths due to the advantage the white man had which was the "GUN". There are several accounts of how our brave ancestors fought back until they were subdued. Kings and Chiefs were killed and they had to compromise. At a point, they started selling bad people in society e.g those sent to local "jails" back then to avoid the white man from kidnapping innocent kids that strayed towards the beaches etc.

Do not rely on your history told by your Oppressors. They will make themselves look good and make you look bad even though they were the ones that oppressed. Instead of you to go to Badagry and see the chains and locks they used to put in our ancestors mouths and hands, you are here peddling false narratives. You are here spewing nonsense that we are the bad ones that sold our people instead of demonizing the people that built slave ships, tortured our ancestors and put them in unbelivable living conditions in the ship. They were lined up like sardines. Yet these are the people you worship. SHAME ON YOU.

8 Likes

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by clive2u(m): 9:53am On Dec 27, 2018
slavery
why didnt they use charcoal to write on a white man too?
they been suffer eh

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 9:53am On Dec 27, 2018
nograv:

I tell you, with the natives in the photo standing bare chested with letters on theit chests...

While the Europeans relax in lovely colonial white clothing at the front...

And some foolish old readers here will lament "there once was a country"

I would rather have Nigeria like this and be free, than the tyranny of colonialism mtchew..

[s]Instead of looking back, look forward with a leader like Sowore we will get there[/s] grin
He should go for state House of Assembly first, if He performs well, He would clinch to Governorship by then it will be time for the Yor. ppl to rule again, there are many tribes in Naija. And He will become politically matured.. Let Him start somewhere
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Lucifer66(m): 9:54am On Dec 27, 2018
charliboy654:

Ethiopia poor?
Go n do ur research well
DULLARDS STOP QUOTING ME, I AM MORE INTELLIGENT THAN YOUR FAR CAKE BRAINS, ANYTHING I TYPE YOU SHOULD ACCEPT IS THE TRUTH!
SO STAY OFF MY MENTIONS IF YOU ARENT INTELLECTUALLY SOUND!!!!

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by IloveToMess: 9:55am On Dec 27, 2018
Lucifer66:

Listen here,
I made a big mistake quoting a slowpoke with a Dullards name.
It's obvious you have never felt the 4 corners of a school.
Badagry is in Lagos but I don't expect a slowpoke like you to know.
Too many dropouts here.
Exactly fool, since Badagry is in Lagos it means those white men are in 'Nigeria' hence the guy's comment of them staying back. You now get it dimwit?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by jrusky(m): 9:56am On Dec 27, 2018
post=74198193:

Track of what Musical track Or you are talking about Wizkid, Olamide, Phyno etc tracks or what

On track as world headquarter of poverty?

On track as world all time record breaker of unemploy nation 20 million unemploy first in human history?

On track that f u c k I n g Malian Fula killing our citizen as they like?

On track in propaganda and lies?

On track on identity theft?

On track someone that looted over 700 million dollars of our money now a saint in apc and even threatening the people of his state?

On track that Baru NNPC contract was swept under carpet?

On track that Aisha with no source of income lost a whooping 2.5billion to inside thief?

On track that Daura went away with 23 billion?

Pls on track on what please tell me
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by nograv: 9:57am On Dec 27, 2018
EMMAUGOH:
I wish the whites stayed more in this country..

All this slave trade story was a farce. Africa has been selling themselves even before the white man came.

Till today Anazodo family in Nnewi has been returning home to thier family after years of being sold to other igbo families and western family.

So when I see people hating whites for buying blacks I will be like white came and continued a trend that has been in existence before they came.

You are a mumu who doesnt know history.

The type of slavery in Africa and the Middle East was very different to Chattel slavery practised in the west.

Do not confuse the two. The former only bound people to a master nothing more, much like serfdom. A slave owner could not beat his slave to death without repercussions. Often slaves could rise up to become generals or even kings. King Jaja of Opobo being a notable example. The Mamluks of Africa/Arabia being another.

Under Chattel Slavery, slaves were merely cattle and property. Slaves could be beaten to death without consequences and mutilated without any issues. The Europeans who were slave owners were very brutal and slave numbers often could only be maintained with constant new arrivals.. No descendant of a slave rose to become a president in the Americas even till to this day. Obama was the son of a middle class Kenyan not a slave descendant.

I would suggest you read the texts by Western slave owners as they explain how you have to torture a few and even kill the odd one so that the slaves do not try to escape. Compare that to the few written texts on slavery in west africa which extoll owners to be kind to their slaves and keep them well..

This is the problem with a lot of you Nigerians you dont even know you own history angry

Just Sharap..

3 Likes

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Lucifer66(m): 9:59am On Dec 27, 2018
EbolaParasite:

Shame on you. Brainwashed Youth.
Let me ask you this :
Did Africans build boats and ships, put slaves on them and traveled to America and said, hey "Mr Whiteman, I have slaves for sale?"
This inferiority complex that lets you only listen/read about your history only from the same people that oppressed you is sad.
Let me educate you. The White is 100% responsible for the slave trade. Africans had to compromise or risk more deaths due to the advantage the white man had which was the "GUN". There are several accounts of how our brave ancestors fought back until they were subdued. Kings and Chiefs were killed and they had to compromise. At a point, they started selling bad people in society e.g those sent to local "jails" back then to avoid the white man from kidnapping innocent kids that strayed towards the beaches etc.

Do not rely on your history told by your Oppressors. They will make themselves look good and make you look bad even though they were the ones that oppressed. Instead of you to go to Badagry and see the chains and locks they used to put in our ancestors mouths and hands, you are here peddling false narratives. You are here spewing nonsense that we are the bad ones that sold our people instead of demonizing the people that built slave ships, tortured our ancestors and put them in unbelivable living conditions in the ship. They were lined up like sardines. Yet these are the people you worship. SHAME ON YOU.
Another dullard who can't use his brain, You NL people must know anytime you see my moniker quote me unless you're intelligent if not I will drop you like a fly.
If you had a brain you'd know that Africans are generally wicked and selfish, Why do you think this continent is the poorest but yet the richest in terms of resources?
If you read your history well you'd know that the African man I willing to sell his people off for the right price.
You're an African and you have seen what our leaders have done to their own leaders but no you're to stupid to understand that.
You say I worship white people but forget your president only answers national issues when he's a in a white nation.
I don't worship them BUT envy them!
I have a good number as friends and their things a 12 year knows that a moronic fellow like yourself wouldn't even in 2 generations.
Good day.

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by oyetunder(m): 10:01am On Dec 27, 2018
TheGreenLand:
Maybe Puff Daddy great grand papa dey among those men up there o!
grin
TheGreenLand:
Maybe Puff Daddy great grand papa dey among those men up there o!
xmas or slavery...hmmm
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by sucess001(m): 10:01am On Dec 27, 2018
wait o...the guy in the middle third row...they used him to do space between 'merry'and 'xmas' grin grin grin grin
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by nograv: 10:04am On Dec 27, 2018
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:

He should go for state House of Assembly, if He performs well, He would clinch to Governorship by then it will be time for the Yor. ppl to rule again, there are many tribes in Naija. And He will become politically matured.

Did Mandela have any political experience upon leaving Jail?

But he was the best African leader South Africa has ever had. He even stepped down when he felt too old.

Quiet old man, we dont believe your lies anymore that he needs to do anything before taking the reigns of power..

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Btruth: 10:04am On Dec 27, 2018
Nogodye:
Gone are the days when Nigeria was still a country...

grin grin grin

.....what is it now? A local government?
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Lucifer66(m): 10:04am On Dec 27, 2018
IloveToMess:

Exactly fool, since Badagry is in Lagos it means those white men are in 'Nigeria' hence the guy's comment of them staying back. You now get it dimwit?
Last comment you will gain from me.
It's obvious I can't keep arguing with someone that has the IQ of an ape.
Go back to primary school, That is if you ever attended one!
"Stayed back"
Shouldn't have come, Remain in your place.
These are the meanings but yet your shit for brains can't comprehend it.
The person who I was arguing with has admitted it but you dullard is still arguing like a crazed goat looking for a mate.
You claimed Europe not Lagos which shows you're an illiterate and possibly a dropout who depends on bet9ja for his deadly bread.
Not gonna reply any other moronic comment, so bye.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prophet Martin Kofi Danso Impregnates Church Member, After Private Jet Gift / 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' / 77 Rescued At Bible Believers Church, Ondo Were Awaiting 'Second Coming'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.