Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) (47350 Views)

January 7th Is Christmas In Ethiopia / RCCG Stops Worshippers Without Face-Mask From Adeboye's Crusade In Badagry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Emceesaka: 10:05am On Dec 27, 2018
Lucifer66:
People will start condemning the white people forgetting that is our own black people that allowed and also sold some of our people.
Some Afonjas were among those people this why you can't trust a Yoruba man.
Take note, We're still technically slaves and lower than these white people who brought Christianity and atheism.
Use your brain!!!

From the beginning I thought you have something reasonable to talk. Shiooooooor
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by nograv: 10:07am On Dec 27, 2018
Lucifer66:

Another dullard who can't use his brain, You NL people must know anytime you see my moniker quote me unless you're intelligent if not I will drop you like a fly.
If you had a brain you'd know that Africans are generally wicked and selfish, Why do you think this continent is the poorest but yet the richest in terms of resources?
If you read your history well you'd know that the African man I willing to sell his people off for the right price.
You're an African and you have seen what our leaders have done to their own leaders but no you're to stupid to understand that.
You say I worship white people but forget your president only answers national issues when he's a in a white nation.
I don't worship them BUT envy them!
I have a good number as friends and their things a 12 year knows that a moronic fellow like yourself wouldn't even in 2 generations.
Good day.

Africans are generally wicked and foolish? wow someone is really brainwashed..

May I suggest you read some Ibn Battuta an Arab who travelled Africa in the middle ages well before colonialism.

Who remarked of all the lands he had travelled, Africa had least banditry and most open, kind and honest people. He had travelled through all of the middle east, India and even as far as China.

What happened between then and now mumu Colonialism..

Take your head out of your backside..
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by stanley000: 10:08am On Dec 27, 2018
But they don't seem happy, I wonder why that is.... Them go pay tire them never know anything
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 27, 2018
Lucifer66:

DULLARDS STOP QUOTING ME, I AM MORE INTELLIGENT THAN YOUR FAR CAKE BRAINS, ANYTHING I TYPE YOU SHOULD ACCEPT IS THE TRUTH!
SO STAY OFF MY MENTIONS IF YOU ARENT INTELLECTUALLY SOUND!!!!
U are so smart u get all u info from Google, and so because Nigeria has a high GDP thanks to being the largest black nation on earth, u think we are rich?
Ethiopia has one of the best airline in Africa, Ethiopia is the first country in Africa to build an electric train, even Dangote said Ethiopia is one of the easiest country to do business in Africa due to their infrastructure. U should really do u research rather than insulting ur elders on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 27, 2018
nograv:

You are a mumu who doesnt know history.

The type of slavery in Africa and the Middle East was very different to Chattel slavery practised in the west.

Do not confuse the two. The former only bound people to a master nothing more, much like serfdom. A slave owner could not beat his slave to death without repercussions. Often slaves could rise up to become generals or even kings. King Jaja of Opobo being a notable example. The Mamluks of Africa/Arabia being another.

Under Chattel Slavery, slaves were merely cattle and property. Slaves could be beaten to death without consequences and mutilated without any issues. The Europeans who were slave owners were very brutal and slave numbers often could only be maintained with constant new arrivals.. No descendant of a slave rose to become a president in the Americas even till to this day. Obama was the son of a middle class Kenyan not a slave descendant.

I would suggest you read the texts by Western slave owners as they explain how you have to torture a few and even kill the odd one so that the slaves do not try to escape. Compare that to the few written texts on slavery in west africa which extoll owners to be kind to their slaves and keep them well..

This is the problem with a lot of you Nigerians you dont even know you own history angry

Just Sharap..

there are thousand ways you could pass your message without resorting to insult. Offcourse the white men treated blacks with indignation but do u have any history written about how blacks treated thier before the white man came. The family I mentioned above buried most of his children alive as sacrifice and sold the rest and there is no where history mentioned that.. Till today his direct descendant are faced with madness.

Like I said earlier we all say things from what we hear and see.. You don't need to insult me
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 10:09am On Dec 27, 2018
nograv:

Did Mandela have any political experience upon leaving Jail?

But he was the best African leader South Africa has ever had. He even stepped down when he felt too old.

Quiet old man, we dont believe your lies anymore that he needs to do anything before taking the reigns of power..
Grand elder make Him the president naa, just silence the clueless Buhari

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Lucifer66(m): 10:11am On Dec 27, 2018
nograv:

Africans are generally wicked and foolish? wow someone is really brainwashed..

May I suggest you read some Ibn Battuta an Arab who travelled Africa in the middle ages well before colonialism.

Who remarked of all the lands he had travelled, Africa had least banditry and most open, kind and honest people. He had travelled through all of the middle east, India and even as far as China.

What happened between then and now mumu Colonialism..

Take your head out of your backside..
Is that not what Africans does to white people?
Ohhhhh why are you people so foolish?
When the prince of Wales came did the Oba of Benin not leave his throne just to see and welcome him thereby breaking tradition?
Africans will always treat foreigners better than their own people.
Buhari will always address national issues when asked by a white person.
If Africans were as good as you claimed then why are we so backwards?
Anyhow you're a dullard so surprise.

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by OpenYourEyes1: 10:11am On Dec 27, 2018
EVILFOREST:
How I wish the WHITES had stayed back.
SOUTH AFRICA would have been a piecemeal to Nigeria.
It’s obvious our leaders have nothing to offer as blacks.
The WHITES handed over power to us within the shortest possible time frame, not knowing that we were still PRIMATES.
They should have allowed us to evolve into MODERN MEN before doing so

An actual slave talking.
This is probably the mindset of the slaves back them

2 Likes

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by blackgold2018(m): 10:15am On Dec 27, 2018
That child sitting among them most hv gone back to Europe with the Whites. He's surely great-grandfather to one of them 50-cent.
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by TimFaj: 10:20am On Dec 27, 2018
Sometimes ago
https:///2QPut76
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Xerox01(m): 10:21am On Dec 27, 2018
EVILFOREST:
The WHITES handed over power to us within the shortest possible time frame, not knowing that we were still PRIMATES.
You're a fool

2 Likes

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by nograv: 10:24am On Dec 27, 2018
EMMAUGOH:
there are thousand ways you could pass your message without resorting to insult. Offcourse the white men treated blacks with indignation but do u have any history written about how blacks treated thier before the white man came. The family I mentioned above buried most of his children alive as sacrifice and sold the rest and there is no where history mentioned that.. Till today his direct descendant are faced with madness.

Like I said earlier we all say things from what we hear and see.. You don't need to insult me

Sorry O, but I tire of people repeating the white man's version of history.

I have spent many years reading old texts to see what actually happened. There is nothing wrong with us as a people.

Our history has also been heavily distorted. That is why I have to step in and tell people the truth.

Do people even know that when reports of the treatment of slaves in the west reached some groups like the Ashanti, they stopped trading slaves with Europeans Altogether. The British tried to force their hand by arming their neighbours, inciting conflict as they knew most slaves were prisoners of war..

Not to mention coastal areas where for years locals feared the sea. As Europeans would simply land and snatch up locals. Imagine your wife going to collect crabs and shellfish by the coast never to return..

Some historians have suggested even so called tribal marks became more common as a result of slavery. As an easy means to identify where people were from if they were freed, particularly children..

It is important we know our own history undistorted by foreigners....
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by EbolaParasite: 10:28am On Dec 27, 2018
nograv:

Sorry O, but I tire of people repeating the white man's version of history.

I have spent many years reading old texts to see what actually happened. There is nothing wrong with us as a people.

Our history has also been heavily distorted. That is why I have to step in and tell people the truth.

Do people even know that when reports of the treatment of slaves in the west reached some groups like the Ashanti, they stopped trading slaves with Europeans Altogether. The British tried to force their hand by arming their neighbours, inciting conflict as they knew most slaves were prisoners of war..

Not to mention coastal areas where for years locals feared the sea. As Europeans would simply land and snatch up locals. Imagine your wife going to collect crabs and shellfish by the coast never to return..

Some historians have suggested even so called tribal marks became more common as a result of slavery. As an easy means to identify where people were from if they were freed, particularly children..

It is important we know our own history undistorted by foreigners....

Don't mind all these lazy youths. They prefer to just google and read the white mans account of their own history while ignoring everything else. These same people will claim nigerian slaves were docile and never tried to escape yet we know of the "Igbo landing" Even though the west has tried so hard to eradicate it and make it seem like a myth, we know it happened. Same way they are trying to paint africans as demons that we sold slaves as if we were the ones that built ships and loaded slaves aboard looking for buyers.

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Sojieeee: 10:34am On Dec 27, 2018
Lucifer66:
People will start condemning the white people forgetting that is our own black people that allowed and also sold some of our people.
Take note, We're still technically slaves and lower than these white people who brought Christianity and atheism.
Use your brain!!!
your brain is backward
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by horlique(m): 10:34am On Dec 27, 2018
CastedAyo:
This was how Christmas looks like 95 years ago. We've certainly come a long way.

http://igberetvnews.com/501039/see-what-christmas-in-badagry-looked-like-in-1923-photo/

smiley
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by nograv: 10:34am On Dec 27, 2018
Lucifer66:

Is that not what Africans does to white people?
Ohhhhh why are you people so foolish?
When the prince of Wales came did the Oba of Benin not leave his throne just to see and welcome him thereby breaking tradition?
Africans will always treat foreigners better than their own people.
Buhari will always address national issues when asked by a white person.
If Africans were as good as you claimed then why are we so backwards?
Anyhow you're a dullard so surprise.

Africa's problem is simply poor leadership nothing more. Most Africans dont really understand Democracy and dont appreciate it is on them to choose better leaders.

Look you sound like a person who has never left Nigeria. Google "Nigerian-Americans" they outperform whites academically there despite prejudice against blacks. Again the same story for British Nigerians. There is nothing wrong with our brains, the issue is the wrong people are in power back home.

I like people like Sowore, as he is intelligent and understands what Nigeria needs. He has a vision for this country.

Does the dullard Buhari have a vision beyond saying he isnt corrupt? Does Atiku have a vision? Secondly given his reluctance to condemn rhe herdsmen menace, I question whether he doesnt have tribal loyalties..

It is up to the young to fight for a new future at the ballot box and on the streets if the political elites do not obey..
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by nograv: 10:36am On Dec 27, 2018
EbolaParasite:

Don't mind all these lazy youths. They prefer to just google and read the white mans account of their own history while ignoring everything else. These same people will claim nigerian slaves were docile and never tried to escape yet we know of the "Igbo landing" Even though the west has tried so hard to eradicate it and make it seem like a myth, we know it happened. Same way they are trying to paint africans as demons that we sold slaves as if we were the ones that built ships and loaded slaves aboard looking for buyers.

Amen, I know my brother..

But that is why it is important we speak up. The souls of those who suffered such injustice in the past demand it..
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 27, 2018
nograv:

Africa's problem is simply poor leadership nothing more. Most Africans dont really understand Democracy and dont appreciate it is on them to choose better leaders.

Look you sound like a person who has never left Nigeria. Google "Nigerian-Americans" they outperform whites academically there despite prejudice against blacks. Again the same story for British Nigerians. There is nothing wrong with our brains, the issue is the wrong people are in power back home.

I like people like Sowore, as he is intelligent and understands what Nigeria needs. He has a vision for this country.

Does the dullard Buhari have a vision beyond saying he isnt corrupt? Does Atiku have a vision? Secondly given his reluctance to condemn rhe herdsmen menace, I question whether he doesnt have tribal loyalties..

It is up to the young to fight for a new future at the ballot box and on the streets if the political elites do not obey..
sowore is not intelligent, he is dumb and lazy. I would chose a monkey as president over sowore.
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:42am On Dec 27, 2018
ValCon888:

There's nothing festive about this picture

All i see is the suppression, subjugation, and exploitation of the black man in his own country.

It's still going on
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by dfrost: 10:43am On Dec 27, 2018
post=74198193:
The days of slavery.......

We will get to our full potentials in few years to come, we are right on track already.

Manna, days of physical slavery. Bruh we are still enslaved albeit mentally.

Enslaved to money
Enslaved to tribe
Enslaved to race
Enslaved to religion
Enslaved to politricks
Enslaved to sentiments
Enslaved to falsehood
Enslaved...
Enslaved...
Enslaved...

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by nograv: 10:54am On Dec 27, 2018
prolog2:
sowore is not intelligent, he is dumb and lazy. I would chose a monkey as president over sowore.

Oya Buhari tells me your money is ready..

Go collect am..

grin
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Mizwisdom(f): 11:00am On Dec 27, 2018
This is what some people are still wishing for in 2018
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Issy2000: 11:04am On Dec 27, 2018
e don tey wey we don dey kolo
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Mizwisdom(f): 11:04am On Dec 27, 2018
EVILFOREST:

I said it, we'll always have people like this who have obviously lost it sad
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 27, 2018
nograv:

Oya Buhari tells me your money is ready..

Go collect am..

grin
If buhari wants to give me money or sowore wants to give me money or whomever, then I welcome it. It still would not change the fact that sowore is dumb and lazy and would be the stupidest president ever elected in the world if he is elected.
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 27, 2018
This forum is an absolute disgrace. A cesspit of self loathing disgusting humans that I happen to share a birthday country with! The comments on the front page praising colonialism and even hoping the whites stayed back is nothing short but devastating!

Fts! I'm out!
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 27, 2018
Lucifer66:

Another dullard who can't use his brain, You NL people must know anytime you see my moniker quote me unless you're intelligent if not I will drop you like a fly.
If you had a brain you'd know that Africans are generally wicked and selfish, Why do you think this continent is the poorest but yet the richest in terms of resources?
If you read your history well you'd know that the African man I willing to sell his people off for the right price.
You're an African and you have seen what our leaders have done to their own leaders but no you're to stupid to understand that.
You say I worship white people but forget your president only answers national issues when he's a in a white nation.
I don't worship them BUT envy them!
I have a good number as friends and their things a 12 year knows that a moronic fellow like yourself wouldn't even in 2 generations.
Good day.

You are a disgusting dog!
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Nasa28(m): 11:36am On Dec 27, 2018
Lucifer66:

Who is this ape lipsrsealed
"stayed back"
It's either he can't make a proper sentence or you're a dullard
"stayed back" in reference to not have entered Nigeria.
Stayed back in reference to not have left Nigeria. Mr professor
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 27, 2018
EVILFOREST:
Your level of Uncle Tom is so high that a special adjectif should be created for you.
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 27, 2018
Lucifer66:

People like you are dullards.
Ethiopia is the only African nation to not be colonized but they are one of the poorest.
SA was colonized for a long period of time but they are the most developed.
The whites were helping!
I suppose you are aware that a lot of black south Africans had to run away from South Africa and into countries like Nigeria while the whites were "helping" ?

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by Didi2d(m): 11:59am On Dec 27, 2018
This whites should have stayed longer.
Re: Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) by FILEBE(m): 12:17pm On Dec 27, 2018
Lucifer66:
Use your brain!!!

Brother . What is your aim in this life that you have come?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' / "Pastor Wilson Is Mad" - Daddy Freeze Reacts To Pastor Wilson's Sex Tape / Adedunke Onibokun, Sound Engineer At Deeper Life Church Commissioning. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.