Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,413 members, 7,958,215 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:49 AM

Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? (40803 Views)

Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos / Christian women wearing trouser, ear ring, ornament etc is a big satanic trap / What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by seeni4ever(m): 12:47am On Jan 12, 2006
as we all know that when we are talking about trousers/pants the first thing that comes to our mind is males stuff. but nowadays things have changed, men wear earrings, they wear thongs like gay people and stuff like. if we believe that some clothings belongs to men and some belongs to womenb then the word of the bible in deuteronomy 22:5 is right. read that if you have a bible.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by allonym: 5:04am On Jan 12, 2006
SO, the bible does instruct women not to wear men's clothing and vice versa. The bible also instructs us not to wear clothes of mixed fibers. Funny how nobody cares about the second.

In any case, your attire for the most part is up to you. However, if specific attire is required for a particular location, until you can convince the rule setter otherwise, you must adhere to it. If your church requires women NOT to wear pants, then women can't wear pants in that church. It doesn't mean they can't wear pants elsewhere.

There a restaurants that enforce dress codes, parties which require strict formal wear. Nobody finds those out of place.

If someone is telling you that you cannot wear pants in your normal life, then you are free to listen to or dismiss them. I would say dismiss them, but that is my view.

The bible was written by humans and there has only been one pure human in history. Therefore, we must be careful where cultural views of the times have been "inserted" into the bible.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by otokx(m): 10:56am On Jan 12, 2006
i really don't know and not that i care
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by 1ofall(f): 11:40am On Jan 12, 2006
I have always thought this verse in the bible was addressed to what we’d refer to as cross-dressing today and which is still as controversial as it may have been then…not really pertaining to wearing pants/trousers perse. In biblical days, their clothing did not include trousers, infact there are verses in the bible (I forget them now but can check them up if anyone wants) that refer to men wearing skirts.
As pointed out by queen2 earlier there are cultures today that have the same thing for both male and female apparel…we don’t even need to go as far as Scotland where the men wear plaid skirts…in Nigeria…the southerners tie wrappers only difference between make and female being the way its tied.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by madam: 1:45pm On Jan 12, 2006
Well if u ask me... we shd all know what should be worn at all times whether church or not... some times we women can be so provocative in our dressing..... even me when be woman self i gree say our dressing can be something else...

One can wear trousers to church but Plssss not all those "tight to kill" .
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by old2boy(m): 2:22pm On Jan 12, 2006
Queen & 1ofall hit onthe key answer --CULTURE.

Men tying wrapper to Church in a Northern Nigerian congregation would be offensive while that seems to be very Okay in Warri, Delta state.  I have seen a service where a filipino dressed in a tradittional G-String and some Africans felt it was wrong to come to Church naked only to be told that he is in one of the more traditional dresses used by many in his locality.

Unfortunately in Nigeria, many cultures still view trousers/pants as exclusive male wears. If your church falls into these, comply, try to talk to the authorities if it is that important to you or just simply go to worship eleswhere.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by kaylala(m): 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2006
I don't think there is any place where the bible condems that
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by charlisco(m): 7:52pm On Jan 13, 2006
In my own part, i do not to know that deep when it come to the bible, but i know that in Isreal woman put on trouser first b4 putting on their caftan.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by drered(m): 2:52pm On Jan 14, 2006
the bible says that women shouldnt wear clothes pertaining to men and vice versa but it never said a mans clothing is trousers or a womans clothing is skirt ok wat of the pope he wears a gown the disciples wore gowns and even jesus christ men in scotland were gown so i think it isnt wrong
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by christyne(f): 5:50pm On Jan 14, 2006
@drered Very correct.The bible neva said trousers to men while skirts to ladies.What i believe is tht so far ur mind is not condemning u,then u re free from sin but if ur mind is,tht means summin else (says my bible).
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by kaylala(m): 1:58am On Jan 15, 2006
The bible never condemns ir period!!!!

Its just a folklore
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by allonym: 9:46pm On Jan 15, 2006
actually, what is wrong with a man wearing women's clothes and vice-versa? Beyond any weird revulsion people would feel about it, what is fundamentally wrong. Clothes are just pieces of cloth.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by gospelman(m): 11:17am On Jan 16, 2006
Yes,the bible did not say women should not wear trousers.But that is not the basis of my argument.Because in the same scripture,the bible says not to wear clothes of diverse materials;not to plant different crops in the same garden.
Now all these and more were contained in the law given to the jews,not to the gentiles(non-jews),to

But the truth is that the law was given because of transgressions until the one to whom the promise was made came (Jesus).Galatians 3:19. Now with the death burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus,the Law was abolished,when the old testament was abolished and replaced with the new testament.
So even if the bible did state in law of Moses that women should not wear TROUSERS ,that law has been abolished so women may now wear trousers.Do you get me?
We can only argue and bring out the truth from the word of God,not from our senses.We need to understand the subject first and foremost.See?
But,on the other hand,if any lady does not feel comfortable with trousers,she is not compelled to wear it.Or if a lady feels it is sinful to wear trousers,maybe due to what she had been taught,let her not wear trousers because she would not be doing it in faith(her conscience will keep condenming her).But at the same time let her not condemn those that feel comfortable and see nothing wrong with it,because of the accurate knowledge of the word they have(Read Romans 14 to get God's concept/idea of sin).More so,even though it is not wrong for ladies to wear trousers,let the ladies that wear it wear it with a pure heart(good intentions;that is because it looks good on them,not because they want to entice or attract someone.So in effect it is the wearers and their Father(God) who know what their intentions are.
Whatever is not of faith is sin!

That is the bottom line.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by cutebaby: 2:29pm On Jan 16, 2006
u are preaching the gospel
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by thelastdon(m): 5:31pm On Jan 16, 2006
dt gosepl news are for you, ok?

listen to them
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by kaylala(m): 9:36pm On Jan 16, 2006
.............and practise them wink
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by joftech(m): 4:31am On Jan 17, 2006
I will also want to ask the following qustions:

Biblically

1.) Is anything wrong with smoking.
2.) Not being a Christian.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by ldollier(f): 4:45am On Jan 17, 2006
well, i think something is wrong with smoking. basically because in the bible it says something about one's body being a temple, and not harming it(your temple) with harmful substance. i think it goes like that

i aint too sure about the second question
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by 2nde(m): 4:55am On Jan 17, 2006
i support u again
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by joftech(m): 9:00am On Jan 17, 2006
ldollier, don't we have a right to do whatever we have to what we own.

Although i don't smoke, and i will never do that. Am only trying to clafify some unbased/unfounded dogma in some Christian churches.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by thelastdon(m): 9:02am On Jan 17, 2006
ldollier:

well, i think something is wrong with smoking. basically because in the bible it says something about one's body being a temple, and not harming it(your temple) with harmful substance. i think it goes like that

i aint too sure about the second question

If I can hear you very well now, you are trying to say your body is the temple of the Lord...

please can I worship the Lord in your body since your are the temple of the Lord rolleyes
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by joftech(m): 9:10am On Jan 17, 2006
f I can hear you very well now, you are trying to say your body is the temple of the Lord...

please can I worship the Lord in your body since your are the temple of the Lord Roll Eyes

Don't be silly, try and contribute meaningfully to the discussion at hand.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by thelastdon(m): 9:14am On Jan 17, 2006
silly ko, silifa ni...*hiss*

na person wey silly dey see anoda silly person. that was my own view of what she said, kill your self and if you no fit, go police station go report angry
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by kaylala(m): 9:36am On Jan 17, 2006
My reverend father (white man) when i was in the University smokes like chimney.Is his body the temple of God or he doesn't know better
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by thelastdon(m): 9:43am On Jan 17, 2006
why didnt u ask the man and free your conscience rolleyes
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by gospelman(m): 9:48am On Jan 17, 2006
Good morning to you all.
I hope you all got my drift concerning the putting on of trousers...

Now concerning smoking,the bible did not directly say Christians should not smoke.The bible did say that evil communication corrupts good manners.If as a Christian you do the word that says not to forsake the assembling of ourselves,then you will discover you won't t have time to think of smoking.It won't occur to you because you are busing serving the Lord.
Besides,the bible says no to be drunk with wine wherein is excess but to be filled with the Holy Ghost.The point here is who/what controls you as a Christian.Now if you are giving to drinking and getting drunk,the Holy Spirit cannot control/lead you.The drink does lead/control you and you will do stupid things in that state.And the bible says in Isaiah 5:22 that destruction awaits such.And destruction is not supposed to be your portion unless you choose it.

But as a matter of fact there is how we behave in our family(the family of God).We do not smoke,drink and all that simply because we want to let the Holy Ghost have total control over our lives.See?

Now that your Reverend Father smokes a lot,I will dare say he didn't know better.Whether white man or black man.And don't tell me it's because of the weather conditions,cos there a re a whole lot who are white living under the same conditions that don't smoke,and are still cool. But note this,his smoking won't send him to hell,ok? Like I said in one of my mails,whatever is not of faith is sin.That's the bottom line.
There's a whole lot of things to say but let's hold it for now.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by thelastdon(m): 9:52am On Jan 17, 2006
Pastor, I never reach morning oh! rolleyes
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by kaylala(m): 10:00am On Jan 17, 2006
gospelman:

Now that your Reverend Father smokes a lot,I will dare say he didn't know better.Whether white man or black man.And don't tell me it's because of the weather conditions,because there a re a whole lot who are white living under the same conditions that don't smoke,and are still cool. But note this,his smoking won't send him to hell,ok? Like I said in one of my mails,whatever is not of faith is sin.That's the bottom line.

who are my to crucify or judge him.He his living his own life. wink
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by thelastdon(m): 10:03am On Jan 17, 2006
kaylala Pilate, son of Pontius Pilate rolleyes
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by hopy2005(f): 11:51am On Jan 17, 2006
What the Bible says, it is true about wearing a trouser, go to the book of Deut it's talking about women puting on what partain to men and so oooooooooooo
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by thelastdon(m): 11:56am On Jan 17, 2006
go to the book of Judas, you will see women wearing mini skirts
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by viviansam(f): 12:57pm On Jan 17, 2006
grin judas chapt .... Vs....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman's Son, Ebenezer (photo) / Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" / Muslim Cleric Beats Up Pastor, Threatens To Pour Acid On Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.