Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,837 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me (25605 Views)

UNICAL Level 100 Student Collapse And Die Inside Campus [photos] / Help: My Family Wants Me To Study Law But I Don't Want To / Meet Yaashwin Sarawanan Malaysian Human Calculator On Asia's Got Talent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 30, 2018
Ibime:

Go and study Maths. Pharmacy is a waste of your talents. You could easily find yourself going abroad for Masters/PHD with your talent. You sound like someone primed for a career in academia as a Maths lecturer/professor eventually.
there is no money in maths.the real money is in health
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Emary(f): 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2018
There is money in any profession if you can be the best at it. IKEA is a furniture maker (in other words, carpenter). Philip Emegwali is revered in the US for Physics. If your math skills can problem solve some of the biggest issues in the world today, you will be well sought after.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 30, 2018
Happy for your Talent I only have one Regret for not being Able to help you I pray some one better will help you AMEN
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Jackossky(m): 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

Lol. 7+5 na e be prodigy levels for yoinu?

Smiles. I knowingly added that. You might think it's very simple and a cinching thing to. What if you are asked in quick succession

2+2
8*9
4-3
18+9

And you have to answer without given a space to breathe, that's when you will know It's as arduous as hell. grin
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by bibiking7(m): 4:28pm On Dec 30, 2018
One of the highest earners on YouTube this year arranges LEGOs. You could open a YouTube channel or find ways to broad cast your talent .
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Ibime(m): 4:30pm On Dec 30, 2018
nwanneni:
there is no money in maths.the real money is in health

Dey there dey Jones.

There is money in Academia for his talent.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by saintneo(m): 4:30pm On Dec 30, 2018
Herlertah:
Hello Nairalanders, Lol, never thought I would one day post anything on Nairaland. I used to come here just to read news and funny comments by you guys. People like simplykush grin. kiss

Before I go further, I will forever be in debt of the mods if they can pls let this reach front page.

My name (nickname actually) is Herlertah, 18, graduated from secondary school last year with 4 distinctions and 4Bs in WAEC and prospective student of OAU pharmacy (got 281 in jamb but still waiting on that slow school)

I decided to discuss a very important thing with you guys as I know we have many intelligent guys here who, as I have witnessed, have helped many people here.

I discovered when I was in Jss classes that I have the ability to multiply, divide, add and of course, subtract numbers (even big ones, I mean very big ones) without using calculator within a short time or no time at all!!

I am very also very good in squaring numbers within twinkle of an eye, just like, Scott flansburg.
I can find the square of 98765 within 10 seconds with my brain. I know the factor of ever number from 1-more than 10,000 or even more (don't know my limit). I once found the 3^40 and got 12157665459056928801with my head (took me few mins though). It's the longest record I have for now.

I also have the ability to know on what day of the week a date falls, I mean any date, whether past or future. Like asking me on what day of the week June 3rd, 2065 will fall and I will tell you that it's gonna be Wednesday.

I have known this for a while, buh where I am living here in Osun State, its hardly recognised. Although, I was given A MacBook upon from graduation from sec school mainly because of this ability of mine. Still I need help, I want to show this to the world, I want to make the country proud. I can do much more and I don't even know how I am able to do it. Although, I work them in my head buh in a rapid manner.

Thank you as you help with your invaluable comment.

Thank you!!!

NASA candidate.

Make videos on YouTube.

Contact Maths Professors at elite universities in America and Europe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2018
Herlertah:

I am a human calculator not a seer

Thank you!

Learn how to play chess. . .
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Herlertah(m): 5:03pm On Dec 30, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

You are just a mental calculator. Relax. It doesn't give you any advantage whatsoever, unless you want to go into trading(calculators will still do).
Before computers mental calculators were used to multiply large numbers like finding the 23rd root of a 504 digit number in less than 1 minute, but today we have no need for them.
Just focus on your pharmacy.

lol, I called myself a mental calculator too. Go and watch a video of that mental calculator called Benjamin, he asked someone to give him a 4-digit number to square and he was given 1577 and he tried it 3 times and missed it after which he, with jokes, skipped to next part.

You can deduce what I am trying to say with that.

And for your information, you said "mental calculators were used to find 23rd root of a 504 digit number"

Biko, they are not calculators, it's a calculator and she is Shakuntala Devi. An Indian Woman

and yes she is a computer

A great calculator, one that amazes even me.

Thank you for reading and commenting
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2018
Herlertah:
Hello Nairalanders, Lol, never thought I would one day post anything on Nairaland. I used to come here just to read news and funny comments by you guys. People like simplykush grin. kiss

Before I go further, I will forever be in debt of the mods if they can pls let this reach front page.

My name (nickname actually) is Herlertah, 18, graduated from secondary school last year with 4 distinctions and 4Bs in WAEC and prospective student of OAU pharmacy (got 281 in jamb but still waiting on that slow school)

I decided to discuss a very important thing with you guys as I know we have many intelligent guys here who, as I have witnessed, have helped many people here.

I discovered when I was in Jss classes that I have the ability to multiply, divide, add and of course, subtract numbers (even big ones, I mean very big ones) without using calculator within a short time or no time at all!!

I am very also very good in squaring numbers within twinkle of an eye, just like, Scott flansburg.
I can find the square of 98765 within 10 seconds with my brain. I know the factor of ever number from 1-more than 10,000 or even more (don't know my limit). I once found the 3^40 and got 12157665459056928801with my head (took me few mins though). It's the longest record I have for now.

I also have the ability to know on what day of the week a date falls, I mean any date, whether past or future. Like asking me on what day of the week June 3rd, 2065 will fall and I will tell you that it's gonna be Wednesday.

I have known this for a while, buh where I am living here in Osun State, its hardly recognised. Although, I was given A MacBook upon from graduation from sec school mainly because of this ability of mine. Still I need help, I want to show this to the world, I want to make the country proud. I can do much more and I don't even know how I am able to do it. Although, I work them in my head buh in a rapid manner.

Thank you!!!

Although the things you've stated are impressive, they offer no value to anyone.

A $10 scientific calculator can replace someone with these talents.

What's more important though is your aptitude for numbers, calculations and data.

So you could look into fields that are related to these: Data Analysis, Machine Learning, Programming, etc.

And being in Osun state is not a handicap, since you have a computer and access to the internet.

You can get jobs online, next week, if you know these things – with no formal certification.

If you apply yourself where you are right now, over time, you'll get to where you need to go.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Herlertah(m): 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2018
Emary:

Please go online to the MENSA society website and take their test. If you score highly, they will find you and open opportunities for you. You are a mathematical genius.

Thank you so much.

But being a mental calculator does not necessarily mean high IQ

As high as Albert Einstein's IQ was, he found memorizing hard, he couldn't do simple multiplications and additions

As reported!

But yes, I will take it
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Herlertah(m): 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2018
BuddhaPalm:

Although the things you've stated are impressive, they offer no value to anyone.

A $10 scientific calculator can replace someone with these talents.

What's more important though is your aptitude for numbers, calculations and data.

So you could look into fields that are related to these: Data Analysis, Machine Learning, Programming, etc.

And being in Osun state is not a handicap, since you have a computer and access to the internet.

You can get jobs online, next week, if you know these things – with no formal certification.

If you apply yourself where you are right now, over time, you'll get to where you need to go.

I read and prepare for my exams, hope to gain admission into University, graduate, do my masters and PhD if God wills

So I am have not lost the sight of my goals
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Herlertah(m): 5:15pm On Dec 30, 2018
virago:

MENSA is for those with a very high IQ , ( Intelligence Quotient , with genius starting from 140 ). He may not be a genius from what he has written , geniuses are usually good all round , on the other hand savants are usually extra extra good in one area of endeavour and would usually outshine even the best geniuses in that particular field. Taking the MENSA test isn't needed as he hasn't shown to be good in all fields.
Try to read up on
Savants
Geniuses
Prodigies ( usually only in mathematics and music fields )

Thank you!!

Being a mental calculator is different from being a genius

People need to know this

Geniuses usually are not mental calculators. So we are different
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Noblefreeman(m): 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2018
Herlertah:

Oh, I don't use Facebook. But I don't know if we can chat up on WhatsApp 08130284420
be careful,wicked people are here too,just take only advice,do not meet,I repeat do not meat anybody,bad things really do happen,open a social media account using a pseudonym not your real name.thanks and god bless you
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by LivingBetter: 5:22pm On Dec 30, 2018
Wow! Raw talent. You just reminded me of this movie 'Good Will Hunting'. Pls do all you can to convince your sponsor to help you school in best schools in America or Europe. Some Naija lecturers would frustrate you out of envy when they see are you are way higher than them. I pray for the best for you to make Nigeria proud in the nearest future.
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Herlertah(m): 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2018
Sterope:
@Herlertah

You haven't mentioned how good your maths is. Calculating without calculator is not enough, people don't mind using apps nowadays. Application is all that matters, is your maths above average? If it is, you should have chosen a course that is maths intensive like mathematics, engineering, statistics and data science and aim to distinguish yourself.

You should also consider studying outside the country it you can.

My maths is well above average bro. A1 in WAEC
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by seunot: 5:40pm On Dec 30, 2018
Herlertah:

Thank you!!!

What a wonderful gift you have, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
Check out this name Author Benjamin, he's exactly like you, he gave a talk on TedTalk in 2006, titled "MatheMagics". When choosing a career, make sure it aligns with your gift. Better still why not seek how to optimize the basic commands in a computer processor to solve problems faster, with your brain ability you can develop better formula for CPUs. You'll do quite well in any field that deals with how to manipulate numbers, however BELIEVE and THINK BIG, SEEK HIGHER THINGS, your gift is to help solve a major problem for the world.

SEE YOU ON TOP,
IT'S BEEN A PLEASURE!

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by DabFrankNG: 5:42pm On Dec 30, 2018
and OP, never make the mistake of studying Pharmacy as it has no relevance to your talent. Go for logic based courses like Mathematics, Computer Science or Physics. That was the mistake that almost ruined my destiny.

Someone like you can do a groundbreaking research or even win the Nobel Prize.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by DabFrankNG: 5:54pm On Dec 30, 2018
Chidi122:

You have a very good talent. Start a youtube channel
Show yr talent to the world
And do not let anyone utilize your talent in a wrong way
You have a special gift
Exactly. As people know of you opportunities will naturally coming to you and with your WAEC results you can study in any school abroad on scholarship. Google that mental calc competition and connect with like minded people like you abroad.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Freemasonry: 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2018
Your talents could be useful in the intelligence field. With a fast brain like yours, you'd be an asset either as a field operative or data/information analyst.
So I'd encourage you to keep improving yourself, you never know; you might just catch the eyes of CIA, MI6, or MOSSAD one of these days.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by maleekfrenzy(m): 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2018
Herlertah:

Doctor Son??

Sorry if I am wrong
you are very correct
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by cacmatters(m): 6:27pm On Dec 30, 2018
femi4:
Go and represent Nig in mental calculation world cup

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_Calculation_World_Cup
This is the type of valuable advise needed NOT betnaija kind of advice.
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by dauddy97(m): 6:28pm On Dec 30, 2018
Herlertah:

My maths is well above average bro. A1 in WAEC
Guy, this is the best advice I can give you. Pls, I beg you with God, go for mathematics or computer science. I am a mathematics student from a state university and I know the importance of numeric to humans. I am not as good as you stated but, I also got A1 both in mathematics and Further Mathematics during my School certificate Exam (WAEC). Don't even go for engineering, just for Mathematics and dive into Data Analysis or programming, I mean real coding and apply your talent to build something big. My guy, let me tell you what many fails to tell you. EVEN IF YOU ARE IN NIGERIA, YOU CAN MAKE IT AND BE KNOWN. When applying for jamb next year as you said, pls choose mathematics or computer science and you won't regret for life. I am a living withness. God bless you. feel free to contact me 081 four, nine,four, two, eight,four,nine,zero. Finally, I hail from Osun in iwo town, Ile ELere compound. Very close to the king palace. unfortunately, we stay and live in Lagos State.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by dauddy97(m): 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2018
DabFrankNG:
and OP, never make the mistake of studying Pharmacy as it has no relevance to your talent. Go for logic based courses like Mathematics, Computer Science or Physics. That was the mistake that almost ruined my destiny.

Someone like you can do a groundbreaking research or even win the Nobel Prize.
My guy, you just said my mind. Mathematics, computer science or physics is the way out not Pharmacy. what are you farming with calculator brain?
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by gees101(m): 6:45pm On Dec 30, 2018
use social media to d fullest register on all social sites sell urself to d world. GOD BLESS YOU
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 30, 2018
Herlertah:

Thank you so much

This means a lot

Next time, U tell them u're good but not a programmed robot.

The greatest geniuses failed exams at some points in their lifetime.

Don't let anyone put u down because of a mistake. Ok?
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by dejavuh0007(m): 6:59pm On Dec 30, 2018
he mods if they can pls let this reach front page. My name (nickname actually) is Herlertah, 18, graduated from secondary school last year with 4 distinctions and 4Bs in WAEC and prospective student of OAU pharmacy (got 281 in jamb but still waiting on that slow school)

All irrelevant. just go straight to ur point
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by djfabmusik(m): 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2018
start making YouTube video or Instagram so you will be notice
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2018
Bro, I'm 16 and the only thing i can tell you is not to calculate Nigeria in any of your plans.
calculate your way out. This country doesn't support talent, it kills it.We have different things in common but i helped you out with something that's easy for me. You have a numeric personality and i helped you out with some jobs or career fields that will suite you.
first thing I'll tell you is programming. Asides from having all the money and next investments in the world, its basically math. Asides from calculating fast, what else have you noticed about your gift. Do you like puzzles or any mental training? , does large amount of data freak you out ?, would you mind a desk job for hours ? do people notice it about you ?

just a quick reminder, dont add any spiritual abeg.

You may not end up being remembered in years or richer than Gates and co but you can earn a great living from a numerical job or analytical job.

These are jobs that are related to your gift :

1. StockBroker : A stockbroker or share broker is a regulated professional individual, usually associated with a
brokerage firm or broker-dealer , who buys and sells stocks and other securities for both retail and institutional clients through a stock exchange or over the counter in return for a fee or commission. Stockbrokers are known by numerous professional designations, depending on the license they hold, the type of securities they sell, or the services they provide. In the United States, a stockbroker must pass both the
Series 7 and either the Series 63 or the Series 66 exams in order to be properly licensed.Try to mix it a bit with economics.

2. Math Teacher : i know it sounds weird but get a degree and start teaching maths in a very good school. some pay in dollars. Those that can, teach. If you love numbers and want to encourage the youth to love them, too then perhaps a career as a maths teacher or a tutor beckons. We have all had bad maths teachers, good ones can really make a big difference.

3. Aerospace Engineer : being proficient with numbers and their operations (or more accurately, the study of quantity in all its forms) doesn't imply a talent for things mechanical. For those math students adept at applying their knowledge to the physical world, designing planes and spacecrafts is about as worthwhile and prestigious a career as there is. A median salary of $112,010 is nothing to downplay, either.

4. Statistician : in most universities, the mathematics department is separate from the probability and statistics department. But for our purposes, a concentration on number is enough of a similarity to consider the two as one. Statistics as a profession means not only designing experiments and interpreting the data collected from them, but reaching conclusions that have a profound effect on the direction of industry. In other words, all the fun stuff that the actuaries don't get to do. At a median salary of $85,160, it's good to know that there's a corresponding reward for all that cogitation.

5. Financial Analyst
For thousands, this is the culmination: the ideal job for the student who wants to not only study math, but tie it to the tangible rewards of the marketplace. "Financial analysis" doesn't take a formal definition, but among other things it means knowing how to compile, prepare, read and evaluate the all-important financial statements that all public companies must create and disseminate. At the higher levels, it means determining what capital investments to make, how to pay for them and where to finance them. When a company decides to issue stock, or buy it back, or split it, it doesn't assign the task to just anyone. A numerate college graduate with the relevant three-letter acronym "CFA" ( Chartered Financial Analyst ) is the person they'll put on the job. In fact, there are a number of job opportunities for CFA holders.
The role of financial analyst is one of the few occupations on the list that comes with its own formal designation and licensure. The requisite college degree is nice to have, but it's only a starting point to becoming a CFA. This means more study, more examinations and if you're willing to put in the time, four years of work experience. However, once you become a CFA, you'll be recognized (and employable) all over the world. One-hundred-and-thirty-eight countries recognize the designation, and most of the rest are too small to support or warrant a vibrant CFA community. The median salary for a financial analyst in the United States, at least according to the latest round of statistics (compiled, no doubt, by someone with a mathematics degree), is $97,640.

6. Chartered Accountancy - If you like auditing, taxes and accounting, you can think of preparing for CA

7. Data Analysis/Operations Analysis/Project Development - If you want to work in the private sector, you can look at these profiles.

8. military Operations - Mathematics degree would also allow you to work in the military sector, scientists are always required to work with military and development (DRDO, ISRO, NAL, SETS, etc.). You can also join the navy as a Commissioned Officer in their education or logistics branch.

9. Market Researcher - There are a lot of companies that you can work with to identify market patterns and trends, and help in analyzing these trends.

10.Cryptographer: Making and breaking codes and coming up with more effective ways to keep sensitive data safe from malicious hackers makes this one of the best jobs for math majors with no experience. And it's not just intelligence agencies that hire cryptographers: You could focus on encoding signals for cable companies or encrypting transactions for financial institutions. You can get started in this career right after graduation, particularly if your coursework includes some
computer science classes.
Median salary—$116,476
Top salary—$145,274 or more

11. Systems engineer : some electronics and communications companies hire math majors (particularly those who come from programs that include a heavy dose of computer science courses) as entry-level systems engineers. Data analysis and problem-solving skills are key to this job, and you have to be comfortable learning new technologies. It's also a good idea to get as much internship experience in electronics technology as possible.
Median salary—$78,719
Top salary—$121,637 or more

The point is, everything we do everyday revolves around maths. Basically all jobs involves maths which automatically make you a good businessman from Government agencies and academic research institutes to engineering firms to biomedical and health services companies to insurance agencies to real estate firms to medical device manufacturers to airlines and other transportation service providers and finally financial institutions. You can even investigate frauds, imagine people hiring you with the fraud rate we have in this generations.

Not all careers that involve numbers are the same. In fact, many differ greatly, and attract a wide range of people with very diverse sets of skills, traits and interests. However, certain commonalities exist, as well. You need to understand spatial, quantitative and abstract relationships.
you need to have the ability to understand amd communicate with symbols .
you also need the ability to analyze and identify patterns.
Does your talent comes with making risk with a math concept,can you predict things correctly ?
Above all, you nees one underrated character which is patience, it may not be just waiting but try it from other perspective.
good luck bro. Also, try using social media to get yourself noticed.

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by tman14(m): 7:11pm On Dec 30, 2018
Herlertah:

Thank you!!!

Try to search for international agencies or organisations, mail them and keep your fingers crossed.

info@andreas-mohn-stiftung.de

The email above is a German school

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension / Best University In Nigeria To Study Mechanical Engineering / ‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.