Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me (25557 Views)

UNICAL Level 100 Student Collapse And Die Inside Campus [photos] / Help: My Family Wants Me To Study Law But I Don't Want To / Meet Yaashwin Sarawanan Malaysian Human Calculator On Asia's Got Talent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 31, 2018
Thehumanlloydl:

Most suitable course for him.

Take the SAT and TOEFL
And apply the IVY's league(if you're confident enough).
First of its a "her".
And why is artificial intelligence suitable for her?
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 31, 2018
Herlertah:

B3 in Physics Chemistry and Biology

A1 in Mathematics
Did you participate in any math olympiads or competitions?
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Nairalane: 11:05am On Dec 31, 2018
Anomalyy:

Please respond to your private message i sent you. I want to feature you on my tv show. Thanks
Which TV show, so that I can watch it
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by melodyogonna(m): 2:28pm On Dec 31, 2018
Darivie04:

Popular misconception.
Mathematics and Physics are nothing about calculations.

A lot of people keep mentioning programming which I a good skill to learn notheless has nothing to do with calculations.

Yes, web development may not have too many calculations both Artificial intelligence and machine learning certainly does require advanced mathematics.
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Chuslim: 2:42pm On Dec 31, 2018
Bro, you have got a good talent I am would suggest you study computer science in Nigeria first then you can further in science oriented countries.
Focus on programming, block chain technology and artificial intelligence, that's where the world is tilting to in the near future, so that you can continue to be relevant.
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Martinez19(m): 5:01pm On Dec 31, 2018
MOSICATED5:
I think you should do computer science and not pharmacy but certainly not in Nigeria. Make live videos of yourself doing this mental calculations and put it out on the Internet. Reach out to your state government via Twitter and other notable organizations. You just might find help. Goodluck
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Mirallas: 6:06pm On Dec 31, 2018
Martinez19:
You should have studied mathematics/physics and supplemented it programming. I am very very proficient in mathematics(not as intelligent as you but the understanding of mathematical concepts comes naturally) but parental pressure forced me to apply for medicine and surgery --- worst mistake grin. In fact here is a page of the book I am currently studying. I am at the last chapter(from November till now, this will be the third voluminous maths book I am finishing thanks to ASUU strike) grin
I was also advised to study a medical course(physiotherapy) but I have great interest in physics and maths. I already finished a number of textbooks and completed some online courses on them.
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 31, 2018
gememerald:
I think you should channel this gift into programming and see if it interests you. As we speak there are couple of problems which no exact solutions have been gotten for them, problems like NP-hard problems etc. if you are able to use your gift in solving these problems you could get the attention you want.

Google search for: project euler, hackerrank, hackerearth, topcoder algorithm, spoj, codility etc. They are platforms where you can compete and earn reputation and probably connect with some of the big companies in the world. Also, watch out for Google code Jam that's a beast of a competition too.

I think programming can help you explore the things you can do with the ability, then it's left for you to narrow it down to any that interests you most.

See you at the top man!

Wetin NP-hard problems get do for mental calculations. How will the fact I can do 6^600 in my head help when a computer can do it and do it faster? And it isn't that there's no solution for NP-hard problems its just that no algorithm solving the problem runs in polynomial time which basically means getting a solution to an NP-hard problem takes a lot of time. There are solutions to this problems but not just fast solutions. I don't see how her gift can help in that regard.

Please don't misinform.
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

You are just a mental calculator. Relax. It doesn't give you any advantage whatsoever, unless you want to go into trading(calculators will still do).
Before computers mental calculators were used to multiply large numbers like finding the 23rd root of a 504 digit number in less than 1 minute, but today we have no need for them.
Just focus on your pharmacy.

Most reasonable advice I've seen so far.
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 31, 2018
Bro, we are almost same buh with your own theory of counting numbers of days ahead you're genius....
advice to you is that do not burn the spirit, be yourself motivator thank!
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by gememerald(m): 2:20am On Jan 01, 2019
Darivie04:

Wetin NP-hard problems get do for mental calculations. How will the fact I can do 6^600 in my head help when a computer can do it and do it faster? And it isn't that there's no solution for NP-hard problems its just that no algorithm solving the problem runs in polynomial time which basically means getting a solution to an NP-hard problem takes a lot of time. There are solutions to this problems but not just fast solutions. I don't see how her gift can help in that regard.

Please don't misinform.

I think you missed the point of my post there was no where I mentioned no solutions to the problem. I stated that approximate solutions could be gotten for them. Please don't misconstruct the advice I have.

The OP asked for advice on how to take advantage and use the gift he has and if you read everything I posted together you should see that it's geared towards helping him to see how he can use the gift.

If a computer can do the calculations of NP problems slower, with his gift he could improve or write a new algorithm to make the computer solve those problems faster and that way he can get the reputation he wants. In summary his gift has a lot to do with how computer processes information and solve problems.

Computers didn't form themselves human beings made computer smarter and I believe he can also contribute to that.

I think you should look at the gift the OP said he has in an holistic way and try to pay more attention to detail in understanding the kind of advice he seeks.

Thanks
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by engrzico(m): 8:52am On Jan 01, 2019
My piece of advice,

Try and get in touch with NASA...

Thank me later.
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 01, 2019
gememerald:
I think you should channel this gift into programming and see if it interests you. As we speak there are couple of problems which no exact solutions have been gotten for them, problems like NP-hard problems etc. if you are able to use your gift in solving these problems you could get the attention you want.

Google search for: project euler, hackerrank, hackerearth, topcoder algorithm, spoj, codility etc. They are platforms where you can compete and earn reputation and probably connect with some of the big companies in the world. Also, watch out for Google code Jam that's a beast of a competition too.

I think programming can help you explore the things you can do with the ability, then it's left for you to narrow it down to any that interests you most.

See you at the top man!

NP problem or no NP problem. According to the little...NP hard problems can't be solved. So no need.

I think the guy should start in some places like semantic security, writing mathematical algorithms to solve most challenging security loops. Application of knowledge matters more than studying what you will end up being fixed and in a cycle of frustrations.

Moreso, the guy is good in mental arithmetics does not mean the guy may be good in core mathematics. There are mathematical tricks to do this calculations.

What I advice the guy, is to focus more on studies especially Maths and harness his skills to the peak.

Then he can venture into Mathematics of modelling. He will sure be a success in that field. He can apply the Mathematical modelling to different problems e.g. in Computer Visions, Fluid mechanics and Traffic Simulation.
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Herlertah(m): 4:38pm On Jan 01, 2019
Possessedchild:

NP problem or no NP problem. According to the little...NP hard problems can't be solved. So no need.

I think the guy should start in some places like semantic security, writing mathematical algorithms to solve most challenging security loops. Application of knowledge matters more than studying what you will end up being fixed and in a cycle of frustrations.

Moreso, the guy is good in mental arithmetics does not mean the guy may be good in core mathematics. There are mathematical tricks to do this calculations.

What I advice the guy, is to focus more on studies especially Maths and harness his skills to the peak.

Then he can venture into Mathematics of modelling. He will sure be a success in that field. He can apply the Mathematical modelling to different problems e.g. in Computer Visions, Fluid mechanics and Traffic Simulation.
Thank you.

I will work harder
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by olumide54(m): 9:46am On Jan 02, 2019
send me a mail to oluolan@gmail.com
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Tomidgreat(m): 12:05pm On Jan 02, 2019
Baba carry phone, make a video of yourself doing your thing in a very attractive manner. Go on social platforms and tag notable, social media na massive weapon to create awareness, let them know you exsit.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 02, 2019
zagorakis:

We are waiting for your own advice.
grin
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 02, 2019
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Herlertah(m): 8:10pm On Jan 02, 2019
Electricboy:
bro am sorry to burst your bubble..the guy I sent your details to....said ...that the fact that you are a mental calculator doesn't make you a genuis...as a computer could displace you anytime...it all depends on how you can apply your mental calculations to your endavours..that's why I asked for your waec grades.....
Lol, thank you for trying. Thank God I never mention being a genius, I only stated what I can do. It's left to you guys to decipher who am I based on what you think.

And I have sent and received messages from so many people and it's turning out well already. So Thank you and to add, all I want to do right now is go to school and study hard

Where I go to school and what I study is what matters to me now and many intelligent people have given advice which I will make use of

Once again, Thank you!! cool

3 Likes

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by spiritedtete: 11:47am On Jan 05, 2019
Herlertah:

Lol, thank you for trying. Thank God I never mention being a genius, I only stated what I can do. It's left to you guys to decipher who am I based on what you think.

And I have sent and received messages from so many people and it's turning out well already. So Thank you and to add, all I want to do right now is go to school and study hard

Where I go to school and what I study is what matters to me now and many intelligent people have given advice which I will make use of

Once again, Thank you!! cool

You didnt reply me DM ?
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Herlertah(m): 5:33pm On Jan 05, 2019
Anomalyy:

Please respond to your private message i sent you. I want to feature you on my tv show. Thanks
I have. I am sorry it took so long to reply.

I will so much like to feature on your tv show

Thank you
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Herlertah(m): 5:33pm On Jan 05, 2019
spiritedtete:

You didnt reply me DM ?
I just did. Sorry, it took long
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by nwaobitex: 3:27pm On Jan 08, 2019
Go to YouTube and become a sensation
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by budaatum: 1:06am On Jan 09, 2019
Someone already said.

Read!
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Herlertah(m): 8:24pm On Jan 23, 2019
chloride6:

May praise singers not distract this guy..

He opted for a non-quantitative degree suggesting her doesnt really like number
I was reading through the comments again when I saw this
For your info, I love numbers, it's not even about loving them, because I know them (I think about and visualize them every second of the day)
And I love mathematics a lot too (it was the course I decided to study upon graduation from sec school) but they wouldn't hear it at home. They are like "do you want to become a sec school teacher"
I was pressurized into going for pharmacy, a mistake I won't make again
Thank you.
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by grandstar(m): 1:04am On Jan 29, 2019
Herlertah:

I have. I am sorry it took so long to reply.

I will so much like to feature on your tv show

Thank you

Have you been featured on his show?

I will contact someone who can feature you on his radio show in Lagos
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Herlertah(m): 7:58pm On Jan 29, 2019
grandstar:

Have you been featured on his show?
I will contact someone who can feature you on his radio show in Lagos
No, the person has not replied since then
I would like that...can we talk on WhatsApp? 08130284420
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 29, 2019
Herlertah:

No, the person has not replied since then

I would like that...can we talk on WhatsApp? 08130284420
my opinion is that you should study more of number theory(if you can't study mathematics as a course), number theory is where I think your destiny lies..... Your love for numbers will help you in that field.....
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Herlertah(m): 3:52pm On Jan 30, 2019
futurist369:
my opinion is that you should study more of number theory(if you can't study mathematics as a course), number theory is where I think your destiny lies..... Your love for numbers will help you in that field.....
Yes, indeed it will help

Thank you so much....I will gain as much knowledge as I can on it
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 30, 2019
Herlertah:

Yes, indeed it will help

Thank you so much....I will gain as much knowledge as I can on it
sorry to ask,so multiply two 10 digit numbers? Wait do you have a method or the answers just flash in your head

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Herlertah(m): 7:55pm On Jan 30, 2019
futurist369:
sorry to ask,so multiply two 10 digit numbers? Wait do you have a method or the answers just flash in your head
Actually it was the same numbers (i.e square of the number) and it took me about 12-15 minutes (yes, that long...I was just testing myself on whether I could do it or not in my bedroom) and worked my way to the answer: 12157665459056928801
let me give you a hint on how I got it
Normally, finding squares of 2, 3, 4 digits takes me no time but that one was long because the answer was 20-digit long and first time I was doing it
So (note that I use difference of two squares technique to find squares of number)
The number I squared was 3486784401

so I found the difference between the squares of 3486784401 and 84401 and then added 84401^2 to the answer again to give the square of 3486784401

I hope that gives an insight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 30, 2019
Herlertah:

Actually it was the same numbers (i.e square of the number) and it took me about 12-15 minutes (yes, that long...I was just testing myself on whether I could do it or not in my bedroom) and worked my way to the answer: 12157665459056928801
let me give you a hint on how I got it
Normally, finding squares of 2, 3, 4 digits takes me no time but that one was long because the answer was 20-digit long and first time I was doing it
So (note that I use difference of two squares technique to find squares of number)
The number I squared was 3486784401

so I found the difference between the squares of 3486784401 and 84401 and then added 84401^2 to the answer again to give the square of 3486784401

I hope that gives an insight
mehn, that's one hell of a talent you possess there..... Please take this advice from me, go study mathematics particularly number theory pls

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Naughty Things You Did In Primary School / Best University In Nigeria To Study Mechanical Engineering / Ajibola Olubando Gets $1.5m LNI Scholarship In AUB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.