Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Why Do Educated Female Marry Late - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Educated Female Marry Late (7700 Views)

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Is Handsome And Educated, But Poor? / He Has Been After Her For 4 Years.......She's More Educated, Older And Richer / Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by luv10: 12:34pm On Aug 07, 2010
PLEASE THERE IS AN ISSUE THAT IS BOTHERING ALOT AND I WANT PUPIL TO GIVE ME ANSWER TO IT

WHY DO EDUCATED FEMALE MARRY LATE

FOR MORE TIPS LICK ON THIS DOWN LINKS
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by Okijajuju1(m): 12:40pm On Aug 07, 2010
Hmm!!
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 07, 2010
6-3-3-4 system for women is a problem pls nysc ,pls job search ,but some are not content
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 07, 2010
because some women actually have better things to do with their lives than to become a wife or breeding machine undecided

it is not every woman's goal to be married as soon as possible and there aint nothing wrong with that!

different strokes for different folks!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 07, 2010
infidelguy:

because some women actually have better things to do with their lives than to become a wife or breeding machine undecided

it is not every woman's goal to be married as soon as possible and there aint nothing wrong with that!

You dont make sense in the context of Nigeria.In different cultures a time will come when you are suppose to get married,how come you justify that,did you read the question before you wrote your trash.Have you not heard of 26 years old PHD students in India or in other parts of the world?can you find does kind of students in Nigeria?make sense abeg
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 07, 2010
olas2u:

You dont make sense in the context of Nigeria.In different cultures a time will come when you are suppose to get married,how come you justify that,did you read the question before you wrote your trash.Have you not heard of 26 years old PHD students in India or in other parts of the world?can you find does kind of students in Nigeria?make sense abeg

i still maintain my initial statement, not everyone must get married and there is nothing wrong with that, if you have a problem with it then jump into the lagoon and drown to death grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 07, 2010
infidelguy:

i still maintain my initial statement, not everyone must get married and there is nothing wrong with that, if you have a problem with it then jump into the lagoon and drown to death grin
Your response gave you away already.you just have a laptop for other purposes.Intelligent people have left nairaland a longtime ago,
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 07, 2010
olas2u:

Your response gave you away already.you just have a laptop for other purposes.Intelligent people have left nairaland a longtime ago,

it is a good thing you have confirmed you are not intelligent or else by your claim above if you were intelligent you would have left too,  ALL HAIL olas2u THE ONE WITHOUT INTELLIGENCE/THE ALMIGHTY OLODO  grin cool
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by googles: 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2010
infidelguy:

Am so surprised dat An African man can think like dis. . . . Cos some pple just think Early marriage or Marriage is the peak of it all for a woman

at least now I know a man who will not turn his wife to a cleaning and baby-making machine.
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by agathamari(f): 3:19pm On Aug 07, 2010
as stated before, when women become educated they understand that they have the ability to be more then a simple housewife.  they decide to chase thier dreams or a career, world travel or whatever before think "oh god i must marry before im 20 or i shall be shunned" like those who still have the "villiage" mentality which exist in pplaces like india and nigeria as well as the rest of the world
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2010
googles:

Am so surprised dat An African man can think like dis. . . . Cos some pple just think Early marriage or Marriage is the peak of it all for a woman

at least now I know a man who will not turn his wife to a cleaning and baby-making machine.

agathamari:

as stated before, when women become educated they understand that they have the ability to be more then a simple housewife.  they decide to chase thier dreams or a career, world travel or whatever before think "oh god i must marry before im 20 or i shall be shunned" like those who still have the "villiage" mentality which exist in pplaces like india and nigeria as well as the rest of the world

GMAM!!! TOTALLY AGREE
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by iice(f): 3:55pm On Aug 07, 2010
infidelguy:

Ahhh i likey. Not a drone mentality grin
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 07, 2010
likely to pursue a career, this takes time
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by coolier(f): 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2010
luv10:

PLEASE THERE IS AN ISSUE THAT IS BOTHERING ALOT AND I WANT[b] PUPIL[/b] TO GIVE ME ANSWER TO IT

Tutor, hey?
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by LadyLocs(f): 12:46pm On Aug 10, 2010
Why would I wanna go from my parents' house to a man's? I wanted to secure my financial future, travel and explore life foot loose and fancy- free. Get to know me. Also, I wasn't just gonna marry anyone I happened to be dating, marriage's never been that urgent to me.
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by double08(m): 1:29pm On Aug 10, 2010
Its just that they like forming Independent women undecided
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by Onchedu(m): 9:55am On Aug 11, 2010
infidelguy:

Misplacement of priorities. Better in the short term shey? Do U realise that the joys and satisfaction a woman gets from child birth if only for a moment, a period or a life time are more than the joys or satisfactions she could get from most other places combined? Now take that woman and give her a home and a legal marriage to a husband with whom she has that child, and add love between them and peace and comfort and tell me what would compare to that obtainable from any career pursuit without the above listed.

Na we dey cause problems for ourselves. U have spoken like a girl who was raised with little or no guidance and was allowed too much liberty, so much she feels whatsoever she feels is right is necessarily right. Don't be deceiving weak minded and unknowing people with Ur corporeal wisdom abeg.
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by Onchedu(m): 10:17am On Aug 11, 2010
Yes different strokes for different folks but the law of cause and effect & action reaction supercede that principle.

There are things if U do that will bring U satisfactions u did not expect or dissatisfactions too irrespective of how U feel about them, in line with the natural patterns of things embraced by humanity long before U came to existence.

A woman has always been more of a "feeler" than a "reasoner." Her feelings are as potent as the reason of man and sometimes more accurate than the logic of man. Formal education awakens in her the "unnatural" inclination to be logical and to reason with logic more than she naturally would do more accurately with her emotions, hence bringing out in her the man within.
(*Note: we all have bits and pieces of the opposite gender in us. There are masculine men, feminine men, feminine women and masculine women)

When that man within becomes the dominant sex in the woman, she subconsciously concedes some of her feminine appeal, making the natural man subconsciously perceive too much masculinity in her no matter how feminine she appears. This in turn does not make her as attractive for marriage to the predominantly available masculine men or the masculinity in the feminine man as would have been the case otherwise.

Furthermore, the awakening of her logical faculty prematurely (cos it was unguided and fast-tracked according to an academic timetable without paying attention to the other aspects of her person), leads to her becoming competitive in the wrong fronts and her unpolished use of her logical capacities while condemning and abandoning the emotional, leads her to make gross errors, hence making throwing her world into silent chaos.

I wish I had more time to expatiate on this but I don't right now and when I return I might not feel like continuing on this. Lets see sha.
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by Onchedu(m): 10:34am On Aug 11, 2010
Anyway, I'm not against formal education for the women. I'm just saying they are being put through the wrong curriculum and it is affecting their worlds obviously negatively.

Life is a balance. Energy is neither created nor destroyed. We pay for what we want with what we have. Everything is being recycled. We choose what we want and give what we must. No man has it all but everyman can choose what he wants and give something to get it. U want career fulfilment U have to give up something for it and usually that something is marital stability and peace at home. Works so for men and women but with a woman at home she would more easily balance for a man's absence. What a man can do a woman can do better applies here. A man can be a father and a mother but cannot combine that effectively as a woman can. Men are terrible at multitasking. Women have an ease with which they can do several things on several fronts at the same time and manage to bring them to completions at relatively the same time to a satisfactory degree of efficiency.

Having said that, won't it be proper to conclude that a woman being first a wife and a mother can still succeed in accomplishing the other things she desires, and more so easily with the love and support from her family whom she nurtures, than she would otherwise.

Women are designed to be be submissive. The meaning of that term has been abused thanks to our sensual pursuits in wisdom and our corrupted understandings due to our sinful rebellious nature. A woman will submit to a man one place or the other. Either to her husband at home or her bosses in the office. About the only thing a woman cannot do at the same time is submit to more than one man. Funny thing is a woman hardly ever realizes she is submitted to a man because it is a natural pattern for her and hardly ever needs conscious effort where she feels she is in the right place.

No man can serve two masters. U will serve God or mammon. No woman can serve under two men. She will love(submit to) the one and hate(rebel against) the other.
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by beavergirl(f): 11:21am On Aug 11, 2010
1.because education opens a world of opportunities which enlightened woman want to pursue
2.some educated women find fulfilment in other things apart from marriage
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by Ladyjide(f): 12:13pm On Aug 11, 2010
Seems we keep revisiting this same topic- I believe it is just hard these days to find a suitable mate! One can not marry what isnt out there
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by dboss4life: 1:11pm On Aug 11, 2010
Educated females marry late for the 3 following reasons:
1. The 6-3-3-4 system of education, coupled with ASSU strike makes it difficult for educated females to marry in time
2. The modern system of things brought about by western civilization has made educated females to be pursuing career fulfillment instead of
settling down into productive family life.
3. Then the issue of most educated females who due to their insatiable quest for material things will prefer to wait up till age 40 to find a rich ready
made man they will marry instead of partnering with a young educated average man and raise a family though this trend is rampant or common
among educated female igbo ladies who are constituting a nuisance to the society especially here in Lagos.
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by MissyB1(m): 1:29pm On Aug 11, 2010
Onchedu:

Misplacement of priorities. Better in the short term shey? Do U realise that the joys and satisfaction a woman gets from child birth if only for a moment, a period or a life time are more than the joys or satisfactions she could get from most other places combined?
. . . and You're speaking as a man or woman?  undecided
Need I inform You, just as Infidelguy stated, not every woman fancies being married and/or having kids.

Topic - Many factors are responsible.
Plus, No, it's not only Educated women that marry late. . . .Many Jenifas marry late too.
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by whiteroses(f): 12:07am On Aug 12, 2010
maybe they think they can do better than get married and have kids
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by InkedNerd(f): 1:13am On Aug 12, 2010
There aren't enough "good black men" to go around so they hold out until later on. Also because a lot of women now are very career oriented. Who wants to marry a man when they've got nothing to offer as well?
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by mamagee3(f): 1:24am On Aug 12, 2010
ibkaye:

likely to pursue a career, this takes time
grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by sd6: 1:37am On Aug 12, 2010
Hey! Come on ladies, there's no need to get married. Just live ur life and enjoy every bit. U can fuk every man u like huh? They luv money and career and chase it wit their p^ssy until they start havin wrinkles that MARY KAY cant remove thats when they come to their family senses.
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by Ladyjide(f): 2:00am On Aug 12, 2010
sd-6:

Hey! Come on ladies, there's no need to get married. Just live your life and enjoy every bit. U can fuk every man u like huh? They luv money and career and chase it wit their p^ssy until they start havin wrinkles that MARY KAY cant remove thats when they come to their family senses.

I will say the same thing for men as well, Men tend to be out chasing women, untill they realize the younger ones no longer want them, and their D%ck doesnt work the same as they did when they were 25 and your head is full of greay, then yall decide to settle down and come to your "senses"!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by InkedNerd(f): 2:10am On Aug 12, 2010
Ladyjide:

I will say the same thing for men as well, Men tend to be out chasing women, untill they realize the younger ones no longer want them, and their D%ck doesnt work the same as they did when they were 25 and your head is full of greay, then yall decide to settle down and come to your "senses"!

loooool, I agree.
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by femmy2010(m): 6:14am On Aug 12, 2010
Hmm
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by Emeka72(m): 6:26am On Aug 12, 2010
too much degree toomuch ego
Re: Why Do Educated Female Marry Late by InkedNerd(f): 6:28am On Aug 12, 2010
^^^ Errgh, wrong answer genius.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Old Were You When You Had Your First Kiss And Where??? / Should I Have Sexual Relationship With Her? / See What I Found In Her Bum Bum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.