Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,578 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Are You Humble Or Just Broke?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You Humble Or Just Broke?? (541 Views)

I Just Broke Up With My Girlfriend / My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me Because I Refused Going To Church / My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Humble Or Just Broke?? by WeJCKs(m): 12:37pm On Dec 30, 2018
Some say "a man's true character shows when he gets money", being broke will make you do some things you might not do on a normal day while some people change when they begin to see the positiveness, power and wealth they crave for.
You'll see someone being all gentle and friendly but once they get it big financially, boom they go off, some start behaving arrogant to their friends and fam, the humbleness leaves immediately.

So my question is, Are you naturally humble or Just broke??

your answers please
Re: Are You Humble Or Just Broke?? by ManIzHot: 12:41pm On Dec 30, 2018
..You can only know the true color of an homo sapiens when they are rich...

1 Like

Re: Are You Humble Or Just Broke?? by iCauseTrouble: 1:09pm On Dec 30, 2018
If you want to know the true character of a man, wait until he has money, power or fame.
Re: Are You Humble Or Just Broke?? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 30, 2018
I guess i'm a rare breed cos I become arrogant and abusive even to my elders when i'm dead broke,but i start handling small change...i realised nothing dey this life.
Re: Are You Humble Or Just Broke?? by mikejj(m): 2:50pm On Dec 30, 2018
cool it depends anyway...because when the money comes..you will b thinking of how to get more,so definitely u wont have time to be doing what u use to do when you were broke..thats when people who dont understand wil start calling you names...

2 Likes

Re: Are You Humble Or Just Broke?? by mrblessed(m): 4:30pm On Dec 30, 2018
A person who suffers financial difficulties does not truly know his real self, unless he has undergo the tortuous exercise of self-discovery to fully ascertain who he is. Not having money might make one calm and sober, but it is not the ultimate depiction of his personality.

Two things clearly reveal who men are: money and power. If one has money, his character manifests and is self-evident. If he is humble, then he is truly humble. On the other hand, if he is arrogant, that is who he is. The facade of hypocrisy has been shattered by the arrival of money.

Power has does many unpleasant things to those opposse it; people who were hitherto adjudged to be humble and kind. There are many famous axioms which reveal the struggle of man and power -- in relation to how we perceive human attributes. One is: " Absolute power corrupts absolutely." The other: "A friend in power is a friend lost."

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Girl Shares Her Experience In The Hands Of A Suspected Ritualist/yahoo Boy / Our Senior Sisters Are Not Ready For Marriage. / Woman Looked Elsewhere When I Walked Past Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.