Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos (57358 Views)

Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens / Oba Bamidele Simeon Dabo Becomes Igbekebo New King In Ondo / Peremobowei Shedrack Erebulu Becomes The Youngest King In Ijaw Nation. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Kpilo101: 5:14pm On Dec 30, 2018
"Somebody said this"

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Gozzzy(m): 5:14pm On Dec 30, 2018
frankmoney:
wow in this 21st century ... See what you are saying , wonderful
my brother its not about what I'm saying... I'm a complete Nwadiala, but I desire for that OSU bullshit to be abolished.... cos I need Igbos to be united... but there's nothing wrong in telling you where the OSU phobia, has a major taproot

3 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 30, 2018
Corrinthians:
Leave Yorubas alone and face your Osu debacle. grin

Are you one of the subjects of the Osu King? grin

Can you please shed more light on the Osu system?

Yerrobaws should leave Igbos alone and face the new development that's ravaging the south wasste.

3 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Dpharisee: 5:15pm On Dec 30, 2018
Osu is now officially abolished in Igboland from 28 December 2018 and a curse has been placed at Agukwu Nri by Igbo traditional and spiritual leaders on any person or family that refers to another as Osu . Case closed

3 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Michealdonald24(m): 5:17pm On Dec 30, 2018
Those ppl wicked ooo...
Am a living witness
I no dey pity d treatment levelled on dem..
Osu bu Osu..

4 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 30, 2018
dancok:
no mind them, nonsense! The osu is even finer than them the freeborn.
Dankok!
I was following that your golf thread but I unfollowed later .
How’s it going ?
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Dpharisee: 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2018
Gozzzy:

my brother its not about what I'm saying... I'm a complete Nwadiala, but I desire for that OSU bullshit to be abolished.... cos I need Igbos to be united... but there's nothing wrong in telling you where the OSU phobia, has a major taproot

See this, it's all over the news and internet and a new dawn for Igbos
Dpharisee:
Osu is now officially abolished in Igboland from 28 December 2018 and a curse has been placed at Agukwu Nri by Igbo traditional and spiritual leaders on any person or family that refers to another as Osu . Case closed
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2018
Gozzzy:

bros, he's right... if we will tell ourselves the truth, an average Anambra family will never accept wholly a woman from another state, to be married into that family.... they will never. I'm talking out of experiences of many people I know... including my friend who's dad's family never accepted her, her sister and her mother, cos her mother is from imo....when the dad died, her mother saw hell and had to run back to Owerri vowing never to step feet at Nnewi again.....
this thing other tribes, use to judge Igbos, saying that Igbos don't accept a woman from another place, their yardstick is Anambra, but they erroneously generalise it..... Let's tell ourselves the truth.

You are not serious.....this is the greatest lie against Nnewi....my own town....

You guys will just come online and be spewing rubbish.

Nnewi people are known to be very accomodating, friendly and above all peaceful. They don't discriminate or segregate....i wonder where this ur unfounded lies is coming from.....

Be truthful coz there is no truth in what u are saying...be guided.
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 30, 2018
babtoundey:

The fact that all of you keep emphasising on "I am not Osu" shows the depth of prejudice in your heart against these people is still deep. That statement alone will make the Osu feel inferior and unfit.
u say mind, i wanted to quote the guy but i just leave it,that' statement still has meaning "am not osu but....". No it shouldn't be.

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by naira0(m): 5:25pm On Dec 30, 2018
Why the reactions? Was the archaic and age long caste system not abolished by general consensus 2 days ago at Nri. Some people have refused to move on and would rather stick to the old anachronistic gropings of the past.

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Dpharisee: 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2018
Osagyefo98:

You are not serious.....this is the greatest lie against Nnewi....my own town....

Nnewi people are known to be very accomodating, friendly and above all peaceful. They don't discriminate or segregate....i wonder where this ur unfounded lies is coming from.....

Every Igbo know that you are not saying the fact, discrimination is the keyword in relationship between an average Nnewi indigene and other Igbos.
They try to look down on other Igbos which has made many Igbos to avoid marrying from their community, the only language they speak is money and there is a feeling that to marry an Nnewi person is to marry perpetual pressure to meet up, make money or die trying to meet their needs.

Nnewi need to change their mentality for the sake of the current generation of their youths, no sentiments attached here.

3 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2018
4601CE:

Dankok!
I was following that your golf thread but I unfollowed later .
How’s it going ?
why na? U should follow back o, the car is now a standard machine.
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Dpharisee: 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2018
naira0:
Why the reactions? Was the archaic and age long caste system not abolished by general consensus 2 days ago at Nri. Some people have refused to move on and would rather stick to the old anachronistic gropings of the past.

I taya for some stupid Igbos who continue to allow other tribes to continue to use this archaic abandoned system to keep dividing us, all Igbo youths here should move ahead, Osu is now a crime since 28 December

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2018
Dpharisee:

Every Igbo know that you are not saying the fact, discrimination is the keyword in relationship between an average Nnewi indigene and other Igbos.
They try to look down on other Igbos which has made many Igbos to avoid marrying from their community, the only language they speak is money and there is a feeling that to marry an Nnewi person is to marry perpetual pressure to meet up, make money or die trying to meet their needs.

I just realised that in propagation of falsehood many are involved.......This is the exact problem with u guys....fabricating stories to suit urself.

Where on earth did u see or come across this gibberish u just wrote that is devoid of truth....discrimination...where and when
Pressure how and when

Is obvious that when u fail maybe in marital relations, u guys now look who to drop the blame at...

Is obvious that falsehood is what u thrive on mis-informing the ignorant public....of what never existed...

Rubbish.
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Mrshizzy(m): 5:35pm On Dec 30, 2018
Gozzzy:
Free talk... all these na Shakara.... you dare not bring OSU into Ezeoke Nsu in Ehime Mbano LGA of imo state, where all are free born and they dread anything OSU, like the sin that brought man out of garden of Eden....
but wait o... why have Yorubas flooded this thread can't these people stay off igbo matters for once o, I forgot... Igbo affairs gives them relevance.... ndi uchu
Nwanne you from ezeoke nsu?
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by gr8tone: 5:35pm On Dec 30, 2018
Osu plenty on nairaland lol

4 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Geesaintagape: 5:36pm On Dec 30, 2018
Michealdonald24:
Those ppl wicked ooo...
Am a living witness
Osu bu Osu..
Why sb under such frustration won't be wicked
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 30, 2018
Dpharisee:

Nnewi need to change their mentality for the sake of the current generation of their youths, no sentiments attached here.

Go and have seat if u don't have anything meaningful to say...rubbish.
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Gozzzy(m): 5:38pm On Dec 30, 2018
Osagyefo98:

if I use this my post swear for you, e go work... that you may not be aware, doesn't mean it's not happening at Nnewi... my brother, Anambra discrimination against anything that's not Anambra no be here... especially marriage-wise.... their women can marry outside o, but another woman dare not come into an Anambra home or she's in crisis.

5 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Gozzzy(m): 5:39pm On Dec 30, 2018
Mrshizzy:
Nwanne you from ezeoke nsu?
gbam.... Umuduruehie particularly
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2018

Gozzzy:

if I use this my post swear for you, e go work... that you may not be aware, doesn't mean it's not happening at Nnewi... my brother, Anambra discrimination against anything that's not Anambra no be here... especially marriage-wise.... their women can marry outside o, but another woman dare not come into an Anambra home or she's in crisis.

Swear whatever rubbish u want to swear as if u have monopoly to curse...

U came here peddling unfounded lies and I called u out and it now turn to swear....

Every single thing in ur post is full of falsehood....i only pity those believing such devilish lie from u...

Anambra has married and inter married for u to come here and be lying unnecessarily....

Who send u....

Ur post is full of lies as nothing of such is happening in anambra....

You are lying.
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Ubdavis(m): 5:46pm On Dec 30, 2018
That was an is still one very dirty cultural practice, it was completely against human dignity, coming from those who claim to be the wisest people on earth.

6 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Ikechu12: 5:47pm On Dec 30, 2018
Zico5:
So these people still have outcasts, slaves and rejected among themselves and they have guts to talk rubbish about Yoruba land. If Igbo can outrightly do this to themselves I wonder what they will do to outsiders. I think it is getting clearer by the day what these people are up to. Nothing like free borns or outcasts in Yoruba. So far u can trace ur genesis, u can marry anyone and walk with ur shoulder high. Yoruba are truly blessed

One thing I despise about you things from the land of waste is how you lots parade your stupidity and ignorance as intelligence. slowpoke if you have no grasp of other culture keep your illiterate mouths shut. The Osu were never slaves to people. The Osu were the community and properties of the gods hence, created the discrimination as it stated no mere human is supposed to lay with them, marry them or do anything with them as they are properties of the gods. 3diot. At least they aren't burying a human being alive with una kings in your backwardness of olukumo or whatever the you things call that primitive culture you lots still engages nor are they eating their Obas organs after he dies. At least the Osu caste system is getting removed and most don't even know who is Osu or not and this is without anyone asking for it compared to you Afonjas where your own brethren is currently doing campaign begging you animals to stop your cannibalism of your dead Obas. Primitive things acting mighty.

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 30, 2018
Michealdonald24:
Those ppl wicked ooo...
Am a living witness
Osu bu Osu..

Cannibalistic Anambra simp.

Is that why you look malnourished, with your stretchy neck?

3 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Mrshizzy(m): 5:54pm On Dec 30, 2018
Gozzzy:

gbam.... Umuduruehie particularly
I'm from ezeoke too, can't remember the last time i touched there tho.....
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Zico5(m): 5:55pm On Dec 30, 2018
Ikechu12:

One thing I despise about you things from the land of waste is how you lots parade your stupidity and ignorance as intelligence. slowpoke if you have no grasp of other culture keep your illiterate mouths shut. The Osu were never slaves to people. The Osu were the community and properties of the gods hence, created the discrimination as it stated no mere human is supposed to lay with them, marry them or do anything with them as they are properties of the gods. 3diot. At least they aren't burying a human being alive with una kings in your backwardness of olukumo or whatever the you things call that primitive culture you lots still engages nor are they eating their Obas organs after he dies. At least the Osu caste system is getting removed and most don't even know who is Osu or not and this is without anyone asking for it compared to you Afonjas where your own brethren is currently doing campaign begging you animals to stop your cannibalism of your dead Obas. Primitive things acting mighty.
See where u confuse urself. In ur right thinking u have spoken something meaningful. U called someone primitive and u are still practicing primitive culture in 21st century. u have no shame at all. well, I don't need to argue with u cos ur grammar show how naive and primitive u are. Go back to school and lean how to speak good English, then come back and attack me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 30, 2018
SAI ATIKULATED NIGERIA

SAI ATIKUOBI FOR BETTER NIGERIA

SAI ATIKUOBI FOR BETTER LIFE
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Ikechu12: 6:09pm On Dec 30, 2018
Zico5:

See where u confuse urself. In ur right thinking u have spoken something meaningful. U called someone primitive and u are still practicing primitive culture in 21st century. u have no shame at all. well, I don't need to argue with u cos ur grammar show how naive and primitive u are. Go back to school and lean how to speak good English, then come back and attack me.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/drbiggie./2016/08/28/this-is-the-shocking-thing-that-happens-to-the-head-heart-and-liver-when-a-yoruba-king-dies/amp/
https://www.ecoi.net/en/document/1257648.html
https://www.nairaland.com/2525880/hidden-political-culture-succession-sw-obaship

Look at Primitive things actually comparing themselves to humans.

Yes the Osu caste system is backwards but that's better than you Afonja cutting off your Obas organ and preparing it as a meal for the new Obas to eat in this 21st century.
The Osu caste system, hell any caste system is 10x better than cannibalism any day, century and generation.

He who lives in a Glass House should NEVER throw stones. Go and join Erelu Lola Ayonrinde in fighting for that your cannibalism culture to be eradicated instead of coming here to give your two unintelligent sense about an igbo culture that is nothing compared to the shit you lots still do. Obviously, that's not important to you abi. Modern day cannibals. No wonder you lots have no problem skull mining in this day of age.

Look at the 3diot talking about grammar. Just look at the shit he wrote. Clap for yourself Mr.grammar. listen to your own advice before dishing it
Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by 1Sharon(f): 6:09pm On Dec 30, 2018
KingOfAllIgbos:

Yorubas are happy your family isn't in slavery any more yet you are still moaning and groaning in agony grin

Better go and hawk some gala and fan yogo

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos by Cherez: 6:12pm On Dec 30, 2018
post=74298492:
For those of us that have forever been wondering, what OSU OUTCAST means, here you have it.....

The Osu caste system, which is prevalent in Anambra, Imo and some areas in Ebonyi states, discriminates against families which in the ancient times were dedicated to the local deities because human sacrifice was required to cleanse the land of abominations. The Osu were mostly slaves and other categories of persons considered as “inferior”, as opposed to those who were “freeborn” or “Nwadiala”. As outcasts, they were ldiscriminated against and not accepted by the mainstream of society.

In spite of efforts by clerics, political leaders and social crusaders to consign this system to the dustbin of history it is still being stubbornly observed in many communities. In 1956, the Eastern Nigerian House of Assembly had passed a law abolishing it, but it was not implemented.

There is no reason for this caste system to remain in these modern times. Slavery was abolished long ago, and no human sacrifice is going on anywhere in Nigeria except as a criminal offence linked to some dark cults. The constitution of Nigeria declares every person free and equal before the law. All Nigerians are constitutionally entitled to fundamental human rights, which include the right to freedom from discrimination and the dignity of the human person.

To end the Osu and similar inhuman caste systems wherever they are being practiced in Nigeria requires a combination of cultural reforms, law enforcement and active sensitisation. Serious legal actions need to be taken against any form of discrimination and dehumanisation.

We call on traditional authorities and churches in Igboland to prevail on every community still practising the Osu caste system to abolish it.

SAY NO TO OSU CASTE SYSTEM and let us all live as brothers and sisters in peace.
#EndOsu
Thank you!

The OSU CASTE in not seen as "INFERIOR" people but here is the reason for the discrimination:
They are considered the properties of the gods and are not usually slaves but the main ways to become an OSU was either by birth or volition.
Once anyone commits a crime or a slave wants to be free from his master, they run into the forest of any god and dedicate their selves to the god, hence become properties of the gods and never again belongs to their former masters and this is their introduction to the OSU CASTE by volition.
People discriminate against them cos they believe they are the properties of the gods, higher beings that must not be hurt in any way by an ordinary man else the gods fights such

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Your Favourite(s) Igbo Praise Names For God / 90-year-old Emir Of Daura, Faruk Umar Marries 20-year-old Bride (Pictures) / Elizabeth Odunlami: 'Ooni Enitan Ogunwusi Promised Me Marriage, Disappointed Me'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.