Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,504 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? (1019 Views)

I Kissed A Friend Accidentally Now I Feel Guilty / My Boyfriend Just Got Married Behind My Back , I Feel Like Commiting Suicide / Should I Or Shouldn't I Continue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? by Spanishfly(f): 10:39pm On Aug 07, 2010
Ok I recently wrote a post before about boyfriend telling the girl he's not a 100% her responsibility and doesn't really have much money. One of his friends did a baby shower and he's getting them a lawn mower. Do you know how much that cost? I'm not jealous or angry, it's good but when I had asked for little because of my situation then, it was something else.
Is there not any reason for me to feel somehow?
Re: What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? by blank(f): 10:48pm On Aug 07, 2010
As long as u guys are not married den u r not his responsibility.
He has no compunction to give u d smallest kobo.
How he plans to spend his money is his own business even if it buying the most expensive gift for a friend.

You should get a life and stop asking ur boyfriend for money.
Get a job.
Re: What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? by Spanishfly(f): 10:50pm On Aug 07, 2010
Blank I do not ask my boyfriend for money. There was a desperate situation and I came to him for the first time and asked, not like i forced and that was his response.
Re: What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? by ezyra(m): 11:19pm On Aug 07, 2010
He might think you're trying to use him. Best not to ask your BF for money ever. Keep your self respect, if you need emergency cash, go ask family.
Re: What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? by iice(f): 12:29am On Aug 08, 2010
Lawn mower for baby shower. Odd.
You're on the notion that he is supposed to provide some sort of financial help because of the relationship.
I agree with blank. It's his money and his bizness what he does with it. You could offer advice on what he can do with it, but really it's his decision to do whatever.
And please try to get over him not giving you the money. That can color the whole picture.
Re: What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? by double08(m): 12:37am On Aug 08, 2010
Just passing by
Re: What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? by sashaa(f): 12:48am On Aug 08, 2010
ezyra:

He might think you're trying to use him. Best not to ask your BF for money EVER. Keep your self respect, if you need emergency cash, go ask family.
like seriously? Dude?
So if i have a bf who is maybe very wealthy and no financially stable family member i should die in silence rather than ask him for money?
He has d right to refuse ofcourse, its his money. But, that means i cannot count on him to be there for me in my time of need
Re: What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? by Acidosis(m): 1:47am On Aug 08, 2010
Are you married to him?
Re: What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? by ezyra(m): 8:26am On Aug 08, 2010
@sashaa

Oh, just because he happens to be wealthy he has to take on your responsibilities?, I see

He's your BF not your father and YES, you cannot count on him YET. If you were married, then its your right.

I say not to ask, because most people like the OP cannot handle refusal.
Re: What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? by sashaa(f): 9:12am On Aug 08, 2010
Ezyra, she said there was a situation. Not that she expected him to take on her entire financial needs(i do not believe in that either!).
Re: What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? by pash(m): 9:38am On Aug 08, 2010
A lady dat come to ur house cook 4 u, make ur laundrys, clear up d house, make love to her. U never says she not ur wife but wen she need ur help financial u told her u re not her father or u re not marry to re yet. Wat a NONSENS! Y didnt u go back home to get your sister to do all dat house stuff 4 u.
Re: What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? by carlinks: 12:09pm On Aug 08, 2010
@Pash, what makes u think she does those things u just stated?, personally as a rule, i tell any girl i am dating not to ever do those things cos she is not obligated and things would remain in perspective, i don't want someone feeling used when they make demands and i don't comply but that doesn't mean i don't step in or help when i feel i need to but i don't wanna be obligated
Re: What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? by pash(m): 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2010
@carlinks >> am not even talking abt the poster. Nice talk anyway but what is wrong wen you have enof and your GF needs help and you render it, 10k, 20k out of a good salary is nothing. think guys that said dey can't help der GF need a better JOB.
Re: What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? by kokoye(m): 5:35pm On Aug 10, 2010
I see no problem asking your boyfriend / girlfriend for some financial assistance when you truly need it. It is not like you do it all the time.

I'm sure most people wouldnt mind asking their best friends for money when needed . . why not a boyfriend who can afford it?
Re: What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? by Spanishfly(f): 6:38pm On Aug 10, 2010
kokoye:

I see no problem asking your boyfriend / girlfriend for some financial assistance when you truly need it. It is not like you do it all the time.

I'm sure most people wouldnt mind asking their best friends for money when needed . . why not a boyfriend who can afford it?

pash:

@carlinks >> am not even talking abt the poster. Nice talk anyway but what is wrong wen you have enof and your GF needs help and you render it, 10k, 20k out of a good salary is nothing. think guys that said dey can help der GF need a better work.
sashaa:

Ezyra, she said there was a situation. Not that she expected him to take on her entire financial needs(i do not believe in that either!).

Thank you. Those people asking if he's my father, go get a job and all that talk, who said I don't have a job.
Re: What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? by Omolola1(f): 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2010
don't feel anyhow, he might av reasons 4 not giving u, 4get about it! dont talk about it to him again ~
Re: What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? by deniyor: 11:09pm On Aug 10, 2010
spanishmosquito, what is it with u and ur boyfriend's money!
Re: What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? by xxcarolxx(f): 12:14am On Aug 11, 2010
If he is in a long term relationship with this girl i don't see why he couldn't of helped. I'm sure there some of you guys out there who have asked your gfs for help at some stage,
Re: What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 11, 2010
@poster why pips are advising you not to feel somehow about it is sumtin i cant understand obviously you are already feeling bad about it.
A gal is dating a guy and has a financial probs which he can solve and he refuses based on reasons best known to him and its ok?what if the reverse was the case would it still be ok.
Although she is not married to him but it sounds like she believes they are in a committed r/ship.
personally i think you have a right to expect him to help out if you are in a tight spot.and you have the rt to feel bad if he doesnt help out you are only human.since you feel bad about it dont let it fester air it out by talking to him about how you feel, like you dont really matter to him.
Re: What Do You Think About This Now? Shouldn't I Feel Somehow? by pash(m): 9:59am On Aug 11, 2010
I'm sure there some of you guys out there who have asked your gfs for help at some stage,

Abi O!!! Why can't we help each other. Ogaa o

(1) (Reply)

Is My Fiance Stingy? / Been Raped Right In Front Of Your Boy Friend / **Do We Still Have These Type Of Blunt And Real Gurls? ?**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.