Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,695 members, 7,809,622 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2182980 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by IseeJoy(m): 9:30pm On Jul 04, 2019
Hello house!
Please any Calgary Whatsapp group
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by yengi: 11:13pm On Jul 04, 2019
Hello all...landed parents pls I would like to know if it is compulsory for kids BTW the ages of 1-7 to have their own passport or would their birth cert suffice
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by joo2018: 1:00am On Jul 05, 2019
Your kids need to have passports.

yengi:
Hello all...landed parents pls I would like to know if it is compulsory for kids BTW the ages of 1-7 to have their own passport or would their birth cert suffice
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TheCongo2: 3:52am On Jul 05, 2019
Hotstepper:
They will.not admit a child that one of the parents are not catholic as you need to prove that and also baptismal card of your child

Hotstepper, sorry to overstep as this has been addressed before on nairaland.
The catholic school boards accross Canada have different rules. Take the case of London, Ontario for instance. You have a French Catholic school board and an English catholic school board in this city. Each one of those school boards has its own set of rules.
Anyone can enroll their child in a French catholic school in London. A baptismal certificate isn't required by the French Catholic school board. However, to enroll a child in an English catholic school in London, the parent will need to provide a baptismal certificate.

In short, there isn't one set of rules for all Catholic schools even within the same city. Also, Keep in mind that there can be more than 1 English Catholic school board or French Catholic school board in a given city.

So, the best thing to do would be to identify all the catholic school boards in a city and then to call each one of them to inquire if a baptismal certificate is needed

Cc: salford , Adunnee

19 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Adunnee: 4:21am On Jul 05, 2019
TheCongo2:

The catholic school boards accross Canada have different rules. Take the case of London, Ontario for instance. You have a French Catholic school board and an English catholic school board in this city. Each one of those school boards has its own set of rules.
Anyone can enroll their child in a French catholic school in London. A baptismal certificate isn't required by the French Catholic school board. However, to enroll a child in an English catholic school in London, the parent will need to provide a baptismal certificate.

In short, there isn't one set of rules for all Catholic schools even within the same city. Also, Keep in mind that there can be more than 1 English Catholic school board or French Catholic school board in a given city.

Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Debzyworld: 10:34am On Jul 05, 2019
We might have to create another one as I heard the one they have is filled to the brim.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Debzyworld: 10:35am On Jul 05, 2019
IseeJoy:
Hello house!
Please any Calgary Whatsapp group

We might have to create another one as I heard the one they have is filled to the brim.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jjohndoe83: 10:45am On Jul 05, 2019
Debzyworld:

Why not Telegram?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Susizo: 1:36pm On Jul 05, 2019
Hello seniors. Which city is better to land in Saskatchewan as regards cost of living and job opportunities? Regina or Saskatoon.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by stonecoldcafe: 2:24pm On Jul 05, 2019
OYASALOF:
Good morning people, please for those that used lufthansa, was there a need for a transit visa at frankfurt, Germany?

No! Sit at the airport and wait to catch your connecting flight. No visa required as long as you remain at the airport

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by stonecoldcafe: 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2019
Some Calgarians on their hat; Stampede things whether rain dey fall or not. Lol
Happy Stampeding

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kmgb1: 3:18pm On Jul 05, 2019
stonecoldcafe:
Some Calgarians on their hat; Stampede things whether rain dey fall or not. Lol
Happy Stampeding

Pictures! Pictures!..ur inbox is calling .....
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Deyonsesi: 3:23pm On Jul 05, 2019
Labims:
Hi peeps! Anyone living in Brandon Manitoba here? That's my destination and I'm eager to know how things are going there.

Hello, possible future neighbour

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by salford: 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2019
Susizo:
Hello seniors. Which city is better to land in Saskatchewan as regards cost of living and job opportunities? Regina or Saskatoon.
They have very similar cost of living.

As per jobs, depends on your field. There are more IT and construction jobs in Saskatoon. Saskatoon is a little more populated. However, there are lots of administration jobs in Regina being the provincial capital. Generally speaking, for a good shot at decent jobs, I would think Regina, for aethestic purpose, I would choose Saskatoon. Both cities are similar. It's like comparing Edmonton to Calgary.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by XX01(f): 6:19pm On Jul 05, 2019
Knightcrawler1:
hello, please has anyone encountered a situation where the spouse was asked to do further medical examination because of high serum creatinine levels, and after the second examination the level was still high. can anyone say what the outcome will be or possible steps to take. thanks

I think that you guys need to go and see a doctor ASAP. High levels could point to kidney functions being impaired.

To answer your question, they will check if it is within their medically admissible limit and let you know. They either continue with the application or they refuse based on medical reasons.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jaygirl20: 6:19pm On Jul 05, 2019
I believe you mean PPR letter? Just send the old and new passport to Ghana..
nonen:
We recently received our copr letter from IRCC, however, my wife’s passport is being renewed. How do we notify IRCC about the change in passport, as we’re about transmitting passports to Ghana through VFS?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Transformium: 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2019
Hi Eddy4400, How’s your application going? I wanted to find out if you were asked to pay a 30$ reissue Visa fee and if you got any link to download the Spousal Application Kit.

Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by obitobe: 8:30pm On Jul 05, 2019
Hello everyone, i am new to this thread, really i have been thinking of relocating but the fear of leaving my job and relocating is just the obstacle here. i am married with a child, but i just don't want to relocate with my family and then put them in a situation where we start struggling. i am a professional, i once moved to the UK for my master after which i got a job but during the recession was laid off and had to restore to doing a care job which i did for one year and moved back to Nigeria where i got a job. So this is what i am trying to avoid, please is there anyone out there that could be of guide i will really appreciate it.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by dkizzy01: 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2019
Please how profitable is the following in Canada

1. Hair Dressing (bridal hair stylist, Kids Hair stylist)

2. Photography

3.Social media Manager

4.Supply chain officer / Category Buyer / procurement officer

Thanks family
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2019
salford:

They have very similar cost of living.

As per jobs, depends on your field. There are more IT and construction jobs in Saskatoon. Saskatoon is a little more populated. However, there are lots of administration jobs in Regina being the provincial capital. Generally speaking, for a good shot at decent jobs, I would think Regina, for aethestic purpose, I would choose Saskatoon. Both cities are similar. It's like comparing Edmonton to Calgary.
What about finance jobs, are there more opportunities in Saskatoon compared to regina?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by smartkester(m): 9:57pm On Jul 05, 2019
Please the seniors in the house, what city has more engineering opportunities (to be specific chemical engineering or oil and gas related)
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Hotstepper(f): 10:13pm On Jul 05, 2019
Yes if u read our following up comversation, u will see where I said it must be province to province. In the GTA, it is diff...both french nd english catholic requires it

TheCongo2:

So, the best thing to do would be to identify all the catholic school boards in a city and then to call each one of them to inquire if a baptismal certificate is needed

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by salford1: 10:57pm On Jul 05, 2019
pyruvateluv:

What about finance jobs, are there more opportunities in Saskatoon compared to regina?
Most likely Regina.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Claire18: 11:36pm On Jul 05, 2019
I have also been trying to reach him since this week. I just had to send the mail using @blackbuddy format, and authorizing a friend in Abuja to pick it. I hope I get a quick response.
Oakville19:
Hello House has anybody processed FRSC extract recently, Mr. Sule not picking. Also does anyone have an idea where the FRSC office for processing it in Abuja is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Eddy4400: 11:42pm On Jul 05, 2019
No feedback yet, so no, haven't been asked to pay $30. Links to required docs were available on the Request Letter, so i don't know about the application kit.

Have you gotten a request letter yet?

Transformium:
Hi Eddy4400, How’s your application going? I wanted to find out if you were asked to pay a 30$ reissue Visa fee and if you got any link to download the Spousal Application Kit.

Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seakomol: 12:03am On Jul 06, 2019
Calgary Stampede 2019. 10 days of Festivities. Some pictures

12 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seakomol: 12:06am On Jul 06, 2019
Calgary Stampede 2019. 10 days of Festivities. More pictures

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GozyNA: 12:07am On Jul 06, 2019
obitobe:
Hello everyone, i am new to this thread, really i have been thinking of relocating but the fear of leaving my job and relocating is just the obstacle here. i am married with a child, but i just don't want to relocate with my family and then put them in a situation where we start struggling. i am a professional, i once moved to the UK for my master after which i got a job but during the recession was laid off and had to restore to doing a care job which i did for one year and moved back to Nigeria where i got a job. So this is what i am trying to avoid, please is there anyone out there that could be of guide i will really appreciate it.

Honestly, I don’t think anyone here can guide you in any way since you clearly haven’t decided on relocating.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seakomol: 12:08am On Jul 06, 2019
Calgary Stampede 2019. 10 days of Festivities. Pictures

12 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seakomol: 12:09am On Jul 06, 2019

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.