Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2193931 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AZeD1(m): 8:05pm On Jul 03, 2019
Dinma27:
Hi people, which Province is best to start a life in Canada.

Family size- 2; Husband and wife
There is really no answer to this question, but if you want one then it is
Yukon or the Northwest territories........

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Hadampson(m): 9:02pm On Jul 03, 2019
Dinma27:

It really depends on your interest and your occupation.

Your question isn't clear enough.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Hadampson(m): 9:04pm On Jul 03, 2019
AZeD1:

Lol

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MumofTwins2017: 9:40pm On Jul 03, 2019
Hello Everyone, please I need help with this.

Is there anyone who got PPR as a supermarket owner? I am fully aware of all the requirements for self employed persons but i’d Just like to be sure I am not leaving anything out. I have all my CAC documents, bank statements, tax clearance for both the company and personal, reference letters from suppliers and clients.
Awaiting every possible response. Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2019
Can some one help me out .. have submitted my visa application to Portugal embassy to renew my visa again with the help FVS Lagos since 25th April this year and I was called a month and one week after submission to send all payments made when I traveled first to Lisbon Portugal and I did for over 3 weeks now I don't hear from them I keep calling them and sending mail dose who picked my calls always tell me to wait for fvs message and no reply to all mail I sent.... my date for travel is tomorrow 4th I want to know what is going to happen, are they going to change my travel date or what ?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by nonen(m): 10:10pm On Jul 03, 2019
Hello house, we have received our PPR mail. However, the passport of my spouse is remaining four months. We’re currently processing passport for my spouse. How do we notify IRCC about the new passport, which will be used for her visa.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ladykeigh: 10:16pm On Jul 03, 2019
[quote author=MumofTwins2017 post=79917823]Hello Everyone, please I need help with this.

Is there anyone who got PPR as a supermarket owner? I am fully aware of all the requirements for self employed persons but i’d Just like to be sure I am not leaving anything out. I have all my CAC documents, bank statements, tax clearance for both the company and personal, reference letters from suppliers and clients.

Hello, sorry I don't have an answer to your question. Rather, I'd like to ask you a question. Could you assist with the process for obtaining tax clearance? That's the only thing I don't have. I am a caterer.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ladykeigh: 10:18pm On Jul 03, 2019
MumofTwins2017:

Hello, sorry I don't have an answer to your question. Rather, I'd like to ask you a question. Could you assist with the process for obtaining tax clearance? That's the only thing I don't have. I am a caterer.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by damzy88: 10:30pm On Jul 03, 2019
AZeD1:

Kindly provide more reasons. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MumofTwins2017: 11:15pm On Jul 03, 2019
I went to Firs in Abuja.
Ladykeigh:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sleekysoft(m): 12:49am On Jul 04, 2019
Hello house
Glad reading stories , I don’t envy you and can’t wait to enjoy so much of Canada. I am in Newfoundland where the cold won’t go( 5oC to 20oC is what we get). No African store around me in corner brook, met 5 9ja so far.. to much sweet things.
Is anyone here ?

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 04, 2019
Good morning house...Can some one help me out .. have submitted my visa application to Portugal embassy to renew my visa again with the help FVS Lagos since 25th April this year and I was called a month and one week after submission to send all payments made when I traveled first to Lisbon Portugal and I did for over 3 weeks now I don't hear from them I keep calling them and sending mail dose who picked my calls always tell me to wait for fvs message and no reply to all mail I sent.... my date for travel is today 4th I want to know what is going to happen, are they going to change my travel date or what ?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CheesyTee(f): 7:01am On Jul 04, 2019
Hi, if you don’t mind me asking, did you you through EE or AIPP? Thank you.

sleekysoft:
Hello house
Glad reading stories , I don’t envy you and can’t wait to enjoy so much of Canada. I am in Newfoundland where the cold won’t go( 5oC to 20oC is what we get). No African store around me in corner brook, met 5 9ja so far.. to much sweet things.
Is anyone here ?

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ladykeigh: 9:20am On Jul 04, 2019
MumofTwins2017:
I went to Firs in Abuja.

Thank you. I know right. I have been to FIRS in Lagos and they keep tossing me up and down. To remit monthly VAT is an issue. They keep asking me to write a letter to request for my TIN to be redirected. But my question is, what documents did you submit for the tax clearance ? How much did it cost you? I just have to go back there soon. Thanks again
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by OYASALOF(f): 10:03am On Jul 04, 2019
Good morning people, please for those that used lufthansa, was there a need for a transit visa at frankfurt, Germany?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by silat(f): 10:22am On Jul 04, 2019
Okay I just did again. I hope you see it this time. If you don't please pm me so I'll reply. I'm trying not to post my email here. But if I can't reach you. Will post it after I hear from you again.
Thanks so much.
wholesomegrace:

Hi, I didn't see any. Please resend
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 04, 2019
Ladykeigh:

Thank you. I know right. I have been to FIRS in Lagos and they keep tossing me up and down. To remit monthly VAT is an issue. They keep asking me to write a letter to request for my TIN to be redirected. But my question is, what documents did you submit for the tax clearance ? How much did it cost you? I just have to go back there soon. Thanks again

Is your business registered as a limited liability company or just a business name? If it is the former you'd get tax clearance from firs but if it is the latter your tax clearance will be from the state board of internal revenue

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mbhs139(m): 10:34am On Jul 04, 2019
MumofTwins2017:

Well, I really don't know what you claim as your occupation in your application, so it may be difficult stating a specific answer for you. And one thing I know, particularly as regards the EE, is that one's work experience counts based on the jobs in demand listed by the IRCC, and I don't think being a business owner is one of them.

However, since you're the owner of the business, and I want to believe that it is Registered, why not just claim that you're an office administrator, and you have been managing the supermarket, as the General Manager, for the number of years that you have been there.

Prepare a payslip, say for six months, to show how much you're being paid every month; prepare a letter of employment, bla bla bla.... A word is enough.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MumofTwins2017: 11:09am On Jul 04, 2019
I claimed NOC 0621 for store owners/ supermarket Mangers and so forth because the duties were at par with all that I do. Yes the business is registered as a limited liability Company. I just needed clarification on the reference letters. Like if they must be written in CIC format and also if the company Accountant can write a reference letter for me in CIC format.
Thank you for your response.

mbhs139:

Well, I really don't know what you claim as your occupation in your application, so it may be difficult stating a specific answer for you. And one thing I know, particularly as regards the EE, is that one's work experience counts based on the jobs in demand listed by the IRCC, and I don't think being a business owner is one of them.

However, since you're the owner of the business, and I want to believe that it is Registered, why not just claim that you're an office administrator, and you have been managing the supermarket, as the General Manager, for the number of years that you have been there.

Prepare a payslip, say for six months, to show how much you're being paid every month; prepare a letter of employment, bla bla bla.... A word is enough.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MumofTwins2017: 11:11am On Jul 04, 2019
Payslips, bank Statements. It cost quite a lot though.
Ladykeigh:

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Oakville19: 11:32am On Jul 04, 2019
Izzie06:

It's in Wuse zone 3 opposite the Nigeria Customs headquarters. You can obtain the extract on the fourth floor , where officer Sule sits.

Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ladykeigh: 11:38am On Jul 04, 2019
Laune:

Is your business registered as a limited liability company or just a business name? If it is the former you'd get tax clearance from firs but if it is the latter your tax clearance will be from the state board of internal revenue

Thank you .
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ladykeigh: 11:39am On Jul 04, 2019
MumofTwins2017:
Payslips, bank Statements. It cost quite a lot though.

Oh...I see. Thanks for replying
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by joo2018: 12:40pm On Jul 04, 2019
Hi Chief,

Don't forget that at the airport, you might have to show "proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Canada".

That could include statements of accounts, etc.

Declaring such a small amount might invite a more thorough questioning of your finances.

TheAfrikan:
Goodday Everyone,

I want to ask, " is 250 USD okay for BTA?(I already have accommodation and transportation covered)"

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by joo2018: 1:03pm On Jul 04, 2019
Boss,

You can start a good life anyway. There are just a lot of filters you need to narrow it down.

Check page 1 for links that might give you more information.

Dinma27:

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by intrinsicniyi(m): 2:33pm On Jul 04, 2019
Good day all, trust everyone is doing amazingly well.

I wish to ask a question: “Can I use my master’s degree statement of result together with my transcript to apply for ECA evaluation with WES or any of the service provider for the Canada Express Entry?” I wish to use the statement of result as a supplant for the original certificate (certificate will take 4 months to be issued & I can’t wait).

Thanks as I anticipate a response.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Topsmamen: 2:42pm On Jul 04, 2019
intrinsicniyi:
Good day all, trust everyone is doing amazingly well.

I wish to ask a question: “Can I use my master’s degree statement of result together with my transcript to apply for ECA evaluation with WES or any of the service provider for the Canada Express Entry?” I wish to use the statement of result as a supplant for the original certificate (certificate will take 4 months to be issued & I can’t wait).

Thanks as I anticipate a response.

Post your query in the link below bro:

https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/283

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by intrinsicniyi(m): 2:52pm On Jul 04, 2019
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MumofTwins2017: 4:42pm On Jul 04, 2019
Alright. Thank you.

Cosdam:
If you have anything showing State or Local business permits, you may also include those.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Frothy(f): 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2019
OYASALOF:
Good morning people, please for those that used lufthansa, was there a need for a transit visa at frankfurt, Germany?

No, You are good to go as long as you don't step out of the airport

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TheAfrikan: 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2019
joo2018:
Hi Chief,

Don't forget that at the airport, you might have to show "proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Canada".

That could include statements of accounts, etc.

Declaring such a small amount might invite a more thorough questioning of your finances.

Thank you,

I won't forget, I personally don't like plenty funds on me thats why. I have the necessary documents to prove my financial commitments towards my stay.

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: auggie17 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.