Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2193662 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by cooooooks(m): 9:17am On Sep 23, 2019
*imparted.

projobseeker10:
I appreciate all the seniors that have impacted their knowledge and experience to everyone on this thread without holding back. God bless you real good!!!

I'm still looking up to God for PPR but currently have AOR. Well, I have been thinking and planning how man go make money in Obodo Oyinbo and I'll need your assistance.

A little of my background, I studied agricultural economics and I've been working on the farm for 5 years now. I took the ACCA diploma (F1 - F3) to boost my CSR score and accounting just enter my eye. (As a sharp guy, be like say money dey there grin

However I need to know how I can change careers to accounting 'easily' in Canada.

-Do I first finish ACCA and apply for CPA after getting qualified?

-Should I abandon ACCA and focus in CPA? (From research it will take 2.5years of constant study instead of ACCA that states one must have 3 years experience as an accountant with the qualifications)

-Is there any one that has switched to accounting or has been an accountant before immigrating?

Abeg, make una help me find better way. Daalu, Ese, Naagode, Gracias, Merci!

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by cooooooks(m): 9:18am On Sep 23, 2019
*I'm

MayMaj:
am in same situation with you. For me, i changed my noc on EE profile so it will tally with saskachewan

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by cooooooks(m): 9:20am On Sep 23, 2019
What are your qualifications, job experiences? Do you know people in Canada? Take the "Come to Canada" quiz and see what your options are.

koredeeniola:
I wish to go to Canada but i dont know how to fo about it,pls can anyone enlighten me

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TITILOLA88: 11:28am On Sep 23, 2019
Good morning people of God, does anyone have any idea how I can travel with a bucket of Shea butter?
If I travel with it as it is (in the bucket), will it not break and become messy by the time I reach Canada? Any suggestions?
As for palm and coconut oil, all I need to do is transfer it into smaller bottles and seal the mouth with cellophane, right?
Thanks!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by koredeeniola(f): 11:38am On Sep 23, 2019
cooooooks:
What are your qualifications, job experiences? Do you know people in Canada? Take the "Come to Canada" quiz and see what your options are.

how can i see the come to canada quiz
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by cooooooks(m): 12:01pm On Sep 23, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2019
smartkester:
Mr man it's cheaper that way try and get my point. PR route is only for those that have the financial prowess

You have it upside down.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by abbeymaniak(m): 5:10pm On Sep 23, 2019
What's up guys? I'm a newbie to traveling and anything visa related, please I need help and advice on how I should go about relocating to Canada if possible with my whole family, brief intro about myself I'm a web developer with 3years + experience. Please I need it advice on how I can go about it. Thank you in advance
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by cooooooks(m): 10:05pm On Sep 23, 2019
Try the Come to Canada tool: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html

Where did you study? Where are you working? Do you need/have certifications that are recognised in Canada?

Do you know about Canada, people in Canada? Do you have a preferred place to be in Canada?

You'll need to have some money in the bank. Do you speak French? Does your wife speak French?

Are you under 50?

abbeymaniak:
What's up guys? I'm a newbie to traveling and anything visa related, please I need help and advice on how I should go about relocating to Canada if possible with my whole family, brief intro about myself I'm a web developer with 3years + experience. Please I need it advice on how I can go about it. Thank you in advance

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by shygunXs(m): 10:23pm On Sep 23, 2019
Hi everyone,

Errm, I'm seeking help here. Please as anyone here encountered the following message while in the processing of creating their eeprofile?

"You are no longer eligible to be in the pool."

My wife is the principal and below are the details of her profile:

Experience: 3yrs 2 months: Audit/Accounting - range selected is 2 to 3 yrs

Married: Family of 3

POF: 19600, required is 19390 or so

IELTS: LSRW, 8,7,7.5,7 CLB9

ECA: Two or More degrees _ BSc, ND

NOC: 1311 - Accounting Technician

Adaptability spouse language ielts CLB8

When CRS was checked it was 460

Find out eligibility process: You appear to be eligible

After linking to GCKey - returns as profile ineligible.

This one beats me! I can't see why it's returning ineligible.

Here we are.. wondering what went wrong.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Stencil: 10:55pm On Sep 23, 2019
Click here to start.

abbeymaniak:

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 24, 2019
shygunXs:
Hi everyone,

"You are no longer eligible to be in the pool."

Find out eligibility process: You appear to be eligible

After linking to GCKey - returns as profile ineligible.

This one beats me! I can't see why it's returning ineligible.

Here we are.. wondering what went wrong.

Is the NOC A,B, or 0? Are you putting the right amount as POF? Does she have at least a year long continuous work experience?
In any case that profile cannot be used anymore. Create a new one starting with checking your eligibility. Your questions should also be directed here
https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#78386459

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jaygirl20: 3:06am On Sep 24, 2019
TITILOLA88:
Any suggestions, please!

Edmonton grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by James201: 3:39am On Sep 24, 2019
Hi everyone, please any one in Hamilton Ontario that can accommodate me for a few days. My rent starts from 1st of oct. I just need a place to sleep and wash up in the morning. Please I will really appreciate any help I can get
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Majesticniyi(m): 6:02am On Sep 24, 2019
Haven't been on this thread for quite a while, only to come back and see arguments everywhere. Those of you fighting ehn, I have marked down your monikers oh...dont sha carry your aggression to Canada is all I can say.

I'm paying $6000 as tuition this session in school while my class mates who are international students pay $20,000+...the difference in fees for a year alone would cover the EE process (just saying....walks out)

PS: Canada govt grant pays off almost 90% of this amount and it's like I'm not paying for anything, by the way!

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by shygunXs(m): 8:13am On Sep 24, 2019
Laune:

Is the NOC A,B, or 0? Are you putting the right amount as POF? Does she have at least a year long continuous work experience?
In any case that profile cannot be used anymore. Create a new one starting with checking your eligibility. Your questions should also be directed here
https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#78386459

Everything I put was perfectly inputted.

She has only one job of 3 years, 2 months and it's her current job. I put the start date and clicked "this is my current job".

NOC is 1311 it's skill type B

POF for family of 3 is 19390, I put 19600

ECA and IElts is there for both of us.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by shygunXs(m): 8:17am On Sep 24, 2019
So, I just wanted to know if anyone here ever had that issue and was able to resolve it. If they were even able to pinpoint the issue because I'm my case everything seems to be perfectly done.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CheesyTee(f): 9:26am On Sep 24, 2019
Just round it up POF to 20000.

Check if your primary NOC is up to a year and ensure it’s listed under work experience
shygunXs:

Everything I put was perfectly inputted.

She has only one job of 3 years, 2 months and it's her current job. I put the start date and clicked "this is my current job".

NOC is 1311 it's skill type B

POF for family of 3 is 19390, I put 19600

ECA and IElts is there for both of us.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TheCapitalBand(m): 11:00am On Sep 24, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]
The argument was low key good for newcomers like me who have admission and are expecting ECA (people like us that have leg inside all the threads grin).
Last night I was debating whether or not to go ahead and pay acceptance fee. I have been holding on to the study route because of fear of Canadian education.
But every point raised here and the difference between tuition has encouraged me to keep studying for IELTS while I expect ECA and just focus on EE.

Majesticniyi:
Haven't been on this thread for quite a while, only to come back and see arguments everywhere. Those of you fighting ehn, I have marked down your monikers oh...dont sha carry your aggression to Canada is all I can say.

I'm paying $6000 as tuition this session in school while my class mates who are international students pay $20,000+...the difference in fees for a year alone would cover the EE process (just saying....walks out)

16 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by shygunXs(m): 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2019
CheesyTee:

Check if your primary NOC is up to a year and ensure it’s listed under work experience

Ok. I'd try that out as well.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by capsule(m): 1:46pm On Sep 24, 2019
Majesticniyi:

Same here, I abandoned my application as an international student, I got my PR , I will resume school soon. Low fees compared to what international students will have to pay, eligible for Grant's and I can work full time while I study.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Electroweb(m): 3:45pm On Sep 24, 2019
cooooooks:
Try the Come to Canada tool: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html

Where did you study? Where are you working? Do you need/have certifications that are recognised in Canada?

Do you know about Canada, people in Canada? Do you have a preferred place to be in Canada?

You'll need to have some money in the bank. Do you speak French? Does your wife speak French?

Are you under 50?

The tool is saying I qualify for express entry but when I simulate my CRS score, it turns out below 400.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dimple10: 3:58pm On Sep 24, 2019
shygunXs:
So, I just wanted to know if anyone here ever had that issue and was able to resolve it. If they were even able to pinpoint the issue because I'm my case everything seems to be perfectly done.

Have you tried clearing your history, cache and cookie (hope i’m saying this right) on your computer.

Also try a different browser or computer.

If you get the code after filling the find out if you are eligible questionnaire, then you are good to go. If not, try checking whether you have up to 67/100 point from here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html as that might be the issue.

If after trying all these and nothing works, i don’t know again o.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 24, 2019
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by bellexa22: 10:24pm On Sep 24, 2019
Hi guys,
Please I need your suggestions/advice. Hubby and I plan on short landing in a few weeks to fully relocate much later. We are not sure of what to put in our "Goods to follow".

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by etrange: 10:36pm On Sep 24, 2019
Hehehe... see where they all came to hide. grin

Hello everyone, my name is etrange and I'm a permanent resident of Canada.

I'm having a hard time choosing a city to reside in. I've got Montreal, Toronto and Calgary as my top choices. They say Montreal is good but too cold, Toronto is good but too expensive and Calgary is good but the economy is ailing thus the reduction in job opportunities. Me, I have PPR but confused.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by cooooooks(m): 10:47pm On Sep 24, 2019
Then check and see what you can do)change/improve on to increase your CRS score.

Electroweb:

The tool is saying I qualify for express entry but when I simulate my CRS score, it turns out below 400.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ladykeigh: 12:10am On Sep 25, 2019
Hello house, I would like to ask if anyone knows of certifications I could take in Data science or analytics that would be beneficial to me in Canada.

Thank you.

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by shygunXs(m): 12:58am On Sep 25, 2019
CheesyTee:

Its finally sorted out. I had to get another eye to look at it with me. The culprit was "in good standing, not certified", "certificate awarded". Oh my! I deserve the punishment i got... I starved to make sure it worked.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nettye: 3:48am On Sep 25, 2019
Hi guys,
I’m looking for someone who is interested in subleasing (I have 5 months left on my lease) my apartment in Edmonton. Have to move for work, so if you’re landing soon and will want a place to stay for a couple of months contact me. It is a spacious one bedroom apartment in downtown Edmonton in a really beautiful building. Non smoking building, Gym, elevators, swimming pool, yoga room and lounge. I can also throw in my bed and couch for an extra cost.
Will be better for a single person or young family without a kid as its on the 27th floor.
Contact me if interested.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CheesyTee(f): 5:00am On Sep 25, 2019
Loool. Congratulations
shygunXs:

Its finally sorted out. I had to get another eye to look at it with me. The culprit was "in good standing, not certified", "certificate awarded". Oh my! I deserve the punishment i got... I starved to make sure it worked.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by omolomolarinero: 11:01am On Sep 25, 2019
Hi seniors, I will be landing in Alberta next year and I would love to choose a new career path. I have been a class room teacher for the past 3 years. I studied English for my first degree then Peace and Strategic studies for my masters. My experience and degrees in the best of my knowledge can't land me any good paying job in Canada. So I'm wondering if you all could suggest an high paying diploma course, certifications or trade work that is in high demand that I can quickly study for.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: oluwalatte1, Canadahome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.