Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2187978 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jofree: 10:10pm On Dec 29, 2019
Pls can anyone provide link or contact for sending things from Toronto to Nigeria. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jennyking70: 2:43am On Dec 30, 2019
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate. I sent you a PM, would need your help because I have some questions regarding the CAPM exam please.
Oakville19:

I read the PMBOK then used an App, CAPM Pocket Prep to study. It is MCQS and you can tailor it to topics. I initially used the trial version but I bought the full version eventually. I think it was very helpful to me in passing the exams.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 2:48am On Dec 30, 2019
Jofree:
Pls can anyone provide link or contact for sending things from Toronto to Nigeria. Thanks
Call DHL office.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jbelieve: 5:03am On Dec 30, 2019
Hello all complement of the season. Has anyone invested in REITS on this platform in Canada? If yes, please share you knowledge on it especially the risk. I'm working towards building a diversified investment portfolio.

If you also know other safe and risk free investment please share your thoughts. Thanks.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 9:45am On Dec 30, 2019
Jbelieve:
Hello all complement of the season. Has anyone invested in REITS on this platform in Canada? If yes, please share you knowledge on it especially the risk. I'm working towards building a diversified investment portfolio.

If you also know other safe and risk free investment please share your thoughts. Thanks.
You should look into TFSA with Questrade. That way you can put your money in index funds like Vanguard.

6 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Hotstepper(f): 1:02pm On Dec 30, 2019
by air or sea?

quote author=Jofree post=85330507]Pls can anyone provide link or contact for sending things from Toronto to Nigeria. Thanks [/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Naijaforeigner: 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
Jejebabaa:

Gbamsolutely, you nailed it. Its better to take a pay cut and move to the same country with ur family. It's the sacrifice we do for family if truly the person values his family more than his job. Funny enough, some wives are the one advising the husband to stay put in Naija and be wiring the money to them abroad that they need the money to secure their future and that of their kids. What a selfish mentality from the spouse in my own opinion. What is the essence of life if you cant spend that quality life with ur loved ones and be physically present in their life.

“”It’s the sacrifice we do for family if truly the person values his family more than his job”

I enjoyed the conversation between you guys. However, it is wrong to assume that just because the hubby is in Nigeria earning cool cash while wife is in Canada with kids means the hubby does not value family. What we see on the outside is the huge pay and we easily conclude that is why they are apart or the hubby values money or job more than the family. So wrong!
We don’t have information on other factors that made such families take that decision. Let’s be slow to judge and understand that our personal opinion on family values, as good as it is, does not make it the rule.

It will surprise you that some families are better off living apart. This is a discussion for another day.

In all, every family should do what works for them. Our opinion of what life/ family should be varies and should be respected. Shalom.

20 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jejebabaa: 2:58pm On Dec 30, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

“”It’s the sacrifice we do for family if truly the person values his family more than his job”

I enjoyed the conversation between you guys. However, it is wrong to assume that just because the hubby is in Nigeria earning cool cash while wife is in Canada with kids means the hubby does not value family. What we see on the outside is the huge pay and we easily conclude that is why they are apart or the hubby values money or job more than the family. So wrong!
We don’t have information on other factors that made such families take that decision. Let’s be slow to judge and understand that our personal opinion on family values, as good as it is, does not make it the rule.

It will surprise you that some families are better off living apart. This is a discussion for another day.

In all, every family should do what works for them. Our opinion of what life/ family should be varies and should be respected. Shalom.
Hmmmmn, you have a point though but in reality it's more difficult for families to be countries apart. I was in that shoe and I almost had a broken home if not God that saved my home and made my wife caught me before it got worse. Probably I would have gotten another lady pregnant and have a secret child. Mehn, that mistake could have been the biggest regret of my life. I am so thankful to God that made my wife found out so early before it got worse and since then the family bonding became stronger and put structures in place to avoid such occurrence. It will amazed you to know of so many "responsible" men who had secret children outside without the legal family knowing about it not until the man died. Excessive space between families breeds temptation as long as blood flows thru our vein. Even the bible said, he that thinks he stands should be watchful.
Even pastors and imams are not left out in this mess destroying homes.
It's even worse in Naija as ur work colleagues/families sees it as normal to cheat to tell you how our family values has been eroded.

16 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2019
Jejebabaa:

Hmmmmn, you have a point though but in reality it's more difficult for families to be countries apart. I was in that shoe and I almost had a broken home if not God that saved my home and made my wife caught me before it got worse. Probably I would have gotten another lady pregnant and have a secret child. Mehn, that mistake could have been the biggest regret of my life. I am so thankful to God that made my wife found out so early before it got worse and since then the family bonding became stronger and put structures in place to avoid such occurrence. It will amazed you to know of so many "responsible" men who had secret children outside without the legal family knowing about it not until the man died. Excessive space between families breeds temptation as long as blood flows thru our vein. Even the bible said, he that thinks he stands should be watchful.
Even pastors and imams are not left out in this mess destroying homes.
It's even worse in Naija as ur work colleagues/families sees it as normal to cheat to tell you how our family values has been eroded.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Boss13: 4:37pm On Dec 30, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Nigerian men are some of the most unfaithful men in the world. You should let them be away from you more than 5 months at a time except there are a are Pastor or Imam.

Please stop this generalization. It is ideally and logically wrong. If you don't have empirical evidence(s) to support your claim, then don't post this kind of comment.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Uglyaddy: 5:22pm On Dec 30, 2019
Jofree:

Before I share certain info,I first look at previous post,comment or info you have shared here in which others can gain from.

You guys cant just be a silent follower here and not want to contribute but want to gain only.

Only 2 post since you joined July 2019,why?

ADDRESS:
Abiodun Adeyinka
Zenith International Cargo Services
zenith.cargo1@gmail.com
42 Eddystone Avenue
Toronto, Ontario
M3N 1H4
416 272 9593
Monday to Friday: 10AM TO 6PM
SATURDAY: 2PM TO 6 PM

They charge $11/KG and minimum sending package is 20KG.If less,I think you have to pay $80 extra or depends on your negotiating skill.

All package must be at their office latest 10am on every friday.You can drop your package from Mon - Thur 10am - 6pm.

NOTE : I dont work there,I used them once and they delivered!

28 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Uglyaddy: 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Nigerian men are some of the most unfaithful men in the world. You should let them be away from you more than 5 months at a time except there are a are Pastor or Imam.

Only if you know how i hate stereotypical comments.
What you wrote there sound so childish.
How old are you please?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jbelieve: 5:42pm On Dec 30, 2019
cochtrane:

You should look into TFSA with Questrade. That way you can put your money in index funds like Vanguard.

Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Markab: 6:14pm On Dec 30, 2019
Mehn... it's been a while my people. I cant believe I've not been here for the past 1 year. cry
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 30, 2019
Boss13:

Please stop this generalization. It is ideally and logically wrong. If you don't have empirical evidence(s) to support your claim, then don't post this kind of comment.
I made the judgement based on the people I know around me. I should not have made that generalization.

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 30, 2019
Uglyaddy:

How old are you please?
I should have not generalized. And I am in my late 20's

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jjohndoe83: 7:22pm On Dec 30, 2019
Markab:
Mehn... it's been a while my people. I cant believe I've not been here for the past 1 year. cry
Brief commentary on your stay so far would be a greatcway to reflect and enrich the thread. Thanks in advance. smiley

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Boss13: 7:27pm On Dec 30, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

I made the judgement based on the people I know around me. I should not have made that generalization.

Its laudable to admit error. Stereotyping is wrong and encourages bias opinion. It is this same behavior that breeds racism and hate. I'm glad you noted you should not make such statement.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 30, 2019
Boss13:

Its laudable to admit error. Stereotyping is wrong and encourages bias opinion. It is this same behavior that breeds racism and hate. I'm glad you noted you should not make such statement.
One generalization I will never back down on though is the fact Nigeria's leaders are fantastically corrupt.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hayor2014(m): 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2019
Uglyaddy:

How old are you please?

After making your good point, you now asked a childish question also....

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by yemsicles: 2:07am On Dec 31, 2019
Hi, are you in Toronto already? I have a 2 bed 2 bath in North York if you are interested in sharing.

lynniebabes:
Compliments of the season my people. Still on the matter. I actually saw a two bedroom, two bath townHouse is Downtown Toronto. Anyone interested so we can share.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by yemsicles: 2:14am On Dec 31, 2019
Looking for a female roommate to lease 1 room with own bathroom available for lease from January 2020 in a 2 bedroom condo. Nice central condo 5 mins from yorkdale Mall and walking distance to shopping centres. Female professional room mate only. Condo features include exercise room, study, party room and roof top terrace for summer BBQ's. Do contact me if interested.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by etrange: 8:37am On Dec 31, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

I should have not generalized. And I am in my late 20's

Guys, see the kind of friend I want to have in Canada.

It's graceful how he/she refused to acknowledge the insult.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by DrDhe: 10:40am On Dec 31, 2019
Compliments of the season everyone.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by irocalot042: 11:21am On Dec 31, 2019
dekere:
@jephehe

Pls reach him he, doing greatly in that field in Ontario.

Thank you so much �
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by irocalot042: 11:24am On Dec 31, 2019
A14:

Hi! My SO is an HSE professional. So there’s CRSP you can check it out. Unfortunately they said my SO’s experience was more technical and advised CRST instead.

For jobs SO just kept on applying till one clicked. Luckily they dint care about CRSP or any other licences.

If you need any more info, you can holla. Best of luck.

Thank you so much. I just sent you an email so we can connect more. Hope to hear from you soon.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by haryourdayG(m): 1:24pm On Dec 31, 2019
Good afternoon everyone. Many thanks for the useful informations. I'm preparing for my IELTS and I need IELTS liz paid writing tips video. Please send here :

sherifmustaph@gmail.com

Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by snoop4dem: 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2019
Hi Everyone, I was assigned any group A Computer Exam by the Professional Engineering body evaluating my degree in Canada for professional designation. My goal is to take the Electronics Exam which is the 17-Comp-A1 organised by PEO. I had the opportunity of taking any A exam but I was hoping to go for this with the notion that I might have someone taking similar exam. Is there anyone in the house who is preparing for their Assigned technical Exam by the Professional Engineering designation that might want to link up or if there is anyone taking this specific exam who might want to be a study partner or link up on this group to enable us share materials, knowledge and move forward together. PEO organizes the Exams on behalf of all provinces and the next batch of exams is in April. Help from Seniors or people also who have gone this route will be appreciated.
PS: It's been over 10 years since I have done Electronics as a course in school so I am very rusty and i am looking for all the help I can get.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Markab: 4:28pm On Dec 31, 2019
Mehn...I was assigned 3-4 courses by PEO since I got my EIT in April. I don't think I want to do it honestly as it's been 8 years since I dropped the pen. cheesy. Maybe if I get a study pal in Civil Engr'g, I might reconsider. If I see any of my friends taking your course, I will give you a shout. Good luck to us all grin grin
snoop4dem:
Hi Everyone, I was assigned any group A Computer Exam by the Professional Engineering body evaluating my degree in Canada for professional designation. My goal is to take the Electronics Exam which is the 17-Comp-A1 organised by PEO. I had the opportunity of taking any A exam but I was hoping to go for this with the notion that I might have someone taking similar exam. Is there anyone in the house who is preparing for their Assigned technical Exam by the Professional Engineering designation that might want to link up or if there is anyone taking this specific exam who might want to be a study partner or link up on this group to enable us share materials, knowledge and move forward together. PEO organizes the Exams on behalf of all provinces and the next batch of exams is in April. Help from Seniors or people also who have gone this route will be appreciated.
PS: It's been over 10 years since I have done Electronics as a course in school so I am very rusty and i am looking for all the help I can get.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by boyka1: 4:30pm On Dec 31, 2019
Boss13:

Very illogical to say the least. My wife and i were countries apart for 4 months and i didnt cheat on her. Abeg forget that person.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Markab: 4:39pm On Dec 31, 2019
Na true you talk. Although nothing much has changed since my post landing message early 2018. I took up another job offer in Sept 2019 and relocated to Toronto from Hamilton. Well, Wifey completed her MESc from Western Uni and we both live happily together in Toronto, Etobicoke precisely.

Trying to make some new friends around here and if any one on the thread lives in the hood, It would be a great pleasure to connect wink
jjohndoe83:

Brief commentary on your stay so far would be a greatcway to reflect and enrich the thread. Thanks in advance. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 31, 2019
Markab:
Na true you talk. Although nothing much has changed since my post landing message early 2018. I took up another job offer in Sept 2019 and relocated to Toronto from Hamilton. Well, Wifey completed her MESc from Western Uni and we both live happily together in Toronto, Etobicoke precisely.

Trying to make some new friends around here and if any one on the thread lives around here, It would be a great pleasure to connect wink
She made the right choice in going to Western Unversity, their graduates are some of the most successful in the country in their various fields.

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.