Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,030 members, 7,810,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2183722 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by capsule(m): 5:44am On Jan 27, 2020
etrange:

Good morning. Please, do you have any idea how one could get study materials for BCS?
I have no idea, perhaps you could ask peeps on the Express entry thread, a kind hearted fellow might be willing to share.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by capsule(m): 5:59am On Jan 27, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Please i need your contact. Can u share? Immediately i copy it i will quote u to delete.
You may get more informed responses here, I learnt from peeps here.
A pm can be an option as well.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by windows98: 6:01am On Jan 27, 2020
eclectic139:
Hey everyone - please look through this link - keeps you aware of what to do if you are involved in an accident and your vehicle needs to be towed.

https://www.economical.com/en/blog/economical-blog/january-2020/what-to-do-before-you-have-your-vehicle-towed?ck=ecocom|blog|p|1|en-CA

Are you still at KW?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Newbeecey: 6:46am On Jan 27, 2020
When you check on skyscanner, you can narrow down on two or three and then go and check the prices for the same days on the actual airlines website[quote author=Maverick22 post=86112410]Hello everyone.

Greetings my amiable seniors, feels good to be post PPR(copr gotten) ��

I’m looking to land in Toronto by February (and share my landing gist)
I’ve been searching for the best flight options and other things to take note of..

I’ve come across some flight tickets on SKYSCANNER and they were slightly cheaper than other sites, is it advisable to book via those websites curated by skyscanner or is there some other trusted site/app?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by bekayy: 7:14am On Jan 27, 2020
Sunshine, just like your name. Thanks a lot. I appreciate you.

SunshineD1:

No fear, just pray for protection and all will be well.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by bamangar: 7:27am On Jan 27, 2020
bekayy:
I am with you o. Stuck btw Ethiopian and Egypt. The diff is about N100,000, that's enough to help me prepare. I have heard abt bad reviews for Egypt. I really don't know. A day's journey shouldn't be spent in an eventful airline. I have used Ethiopian before and loved it, like any intl airline but last March dey make me fear.

As someone who works in a travel and air ticketing organization, please go for Ethiopian Airline

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by godG: 8:35am On Jan 27, 2020
epdcan:
Immigration officers at your point of entry, if asked.

Well, you can, not read here that that was necessary though

Port of Entry. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by epdcan: 10:51am On Jan 27, 2020
Thank you smiley
godG:

Port of Entry. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by eclectic139(f): 11:05am On Jan 27, 2020
windows98:

Are you still at KW?

yep
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kingkhalil: 11:29am On Jan 27, 2020
Hello Seniors. Good to be here. Got my PPR and looking to land with my family around Summer, but i have a couple of questions. First, wifey and I want to settle in Alberta. Is the Calgary Airport a Port of Entry or we do Toronto Pearson? Also, I'll need some help with flight deals and all the good stuff. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by safex(m): 11:41am On Jan 27, 2020
You could actually land anywhere in Canada. It's only tricky if you are a Provincial nominee.
As for flight deals, scroll up this page a bit for suggestions

kingkhalil:
Hello Seniors. Good to be here. Got my PPR and looking to land with my family around Summer, but i have a couple of questions. First, wifey and I want to settle in Alberta. Is the Calgary Airport a Port of Entry or we do Toronto Pearson? Also, I'll need some help with flight deals and all the good stuff. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by bekayy: 12:25pm On Jan 27, 2020
Thanks a lot, that's my option. I appreciate you.
bamangar:
As someone who works in a travel and air ticketing organization, please go for Ethiopian Airline
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by inafix2019: 12:47pm On Jan 27, 2020
Good day!
Please for a family of 4 with no family or "close" friends in Canada, whose initial main focus is "settling down" (basically to start working in entry level positions and not deplete POF, then later face regulated professions licensing), kindly assist to offer advise on the best landing city.
Presently considering Manitoba, Edmonton and Calgary, based on my online research on the cost of living.
Please kindly advise and help us make a final informed decision.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by bankylan: 2:41pm On Jan 27, 2020
inafix2019:
Good day!
Please for a family of 4 with no family or "close" friends in Canada, whose initial main focus is "settling down" (basically to start working in entry level positions and not deplete POF, then later face regulated professions licensing), kindly assist to offer advise on the best landing city.
Presently considering Manitoba, Edmonton and Calgary, based on my online research on the cost of living.
Thanks.

I will advise you go to Regina in Sask, Winnipeg in Manitoba or Edmonton in Alberta.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 2:45pm On Jan 27, 2020
SunshineD1:

Trickled in on Monday, 5 PPRs
Tuesday 1 PPR
Today 1 PPR

Info from AVO WhatsApp group
It is like Montreal VO is even worse than Accra VO but it is not popular on here because it is mostly those living in the US that get that VO.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dollywood(m): 3:09pm On Jan 27, 2020
Why don't I see anyone landing or living in Quebec is that place not favorable for nigerians?, because I'm about to join my father there next month.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by inafix2019: 3:14pm On Jan 27, 2020
Thanks for responding @bankylan.

Please, any reasons (Advantages and disadvantages) for(of) each of these 3 choices?

That would go a long way in arriving at a final decision.

Thanks again in advance.

bankylan:

I will advise you go to Regina in Sask, Winnipeg in Manitoba or Edmonton in Alberta.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by windows98: 3:49pm On Jan 27, 2020
eclectic139:

yep

Cool...sent you an off thread message
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MumofTwins2017: 4:08pm On Jan 27, 2020
Seniors with kids , please is it true that I have to rent say a 3 bedroom if I have 2 girls and a boy even if the boy is just 2 years old? Or can a 2 bedroom suffice without having issues with any Child care Agency? Please this is important.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Christian22aa(m): 4:49pm On Jan 27, 2020
Rip

16 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by safex(m): 5:15pm On Jan 27, 2020
You may need to consider level of coldness too grin cheesy

inafix2019:
Good day!
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 6:14pm On Jan 27, 2020
Hello House, please i submitted super visa application for my mum and i received a request for medicals after uploading while submitting the application. i guess the VO missed it and i had to raise a case. now my question is was raising a case the only thing i should i have done?
has anyone submitted a supervisa application recently? i would like to know the time line. I submitted in Dec
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Teni14: 6:32pm On Jan 27, 2020
Scandinavian02:
Landing Gist!
Lagos-Cassabalanca- Montreal - Ottawa 18-01-2019

Musibau’s bag: 23.8kg
Second: 23.6kg
Third: 23.8kg
Last: 23.4kg
Hand luggage 1: 10.2kg
Hand luggage 2: 10.4kg
Backpack that had our laptops wasn’t weighed. We sha checked them in and squared the woman 1k. When I turned to leave, one of them asked why I had hand luggage and backpack and called the woman I already squared 1k, she just told me in case of next time, don’t do it ooooo.

Canada at last! This country will favour us.

Congratulations. May you find God's a favour in your new country.

Please can you share contact of the Musibau that sells the light weight bags.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by iaatmguy(m): 7:02pm On Jan 27, 2020
MumofTwins2017:
Seniors with kids , please is it true that I have to rent say a 3 bedroom if I have 2 girls and a boy even if the boy is just 2 years old? Or can a 2 bedroom suffice without having issues with any Child care Agency? Please this is important.
i am afraid that's correct, to start with, you can only have 2 children in a room at a certain age. [b]most [/b]landlords would not even allow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Spicyme: 7:07pm On Jan 27, 2020
Please I want to cargo somethings from Abuja to Canada. Can I get a contact?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by chilinkenergy: 7:32pm On Jan 27, 2020
Thank you to everyone that reached out to us.

We are Link Energy, Alberta's cheapest energy supplier where you get cheap electricity and gas bills for as low as $40-90 per month.

Here are FAQs
Do I have to sign any contract? NO we offer prices as low as 6cents/KwH for electricity guaranteed for 5 years.

Do I have to pay any fees or buy any extra device to sign up? NO all you have to do is call us and we will sign you up, free of charge.

Do I have to provide my credit card, SIN or anything personal? NO we simply help you cancel with Enmax, Direct Energy or any provider you are currently signed up with.

You don't have to be a home owner to sign up, just let the home owner know you have a cheaper option for energy bills.

Here's our website for more info. You can reach Chika/Blessing on 403 812 2162 ext 129
https://linkenergy.com/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hayor2014(m): 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2020
How do people in Calgary/Edmonton send items to people back home without having to wait for someone who is travelling ?

Is there a cargo/Courier for small items ? e.g Laptops, footwears e.t.c

Who knows about Cargo/Courier business back to naija ( one need to consider this thing for side business), Consider the market and the profitability of it.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Teni14: 8:06pm On Jan 27, 2020
iaatmguy:
07034652303 musibau

Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MumofTwins2017: 9:13pm On Jan 27, 2020
Wow. Thank you for this. I can plan better now.
iaatmguy:
i am afraid that's correct, to start with, you can only have 2 children in a room at a certain age. [b]most [/b]landlords would not even allow
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Scandinavian02: 9:25pm On Jan 27, 2020
Teni14:

Congratulations. May you find God's a favour in your new country.

Please can you share contact of the Musibau that sells the light weight bags.
Thank you.

+234 703 465 2303

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Scandinavian02: 9:30pm On Jan 27, 2020
Dear all,

Please who does anything about RPM group here in Ottawa, Canada?

I was invited for an interview by call and later sms and I’m thinking it’s like GNLD scam in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Glitz01, Kenn55 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.