Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,620 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2193360 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by realone2012: 10:40am On May 10, 2020
Finally caught up after a long read that took me days after submitting my application in March.

Seniors in the house, I greet you all.
Please I have two questions;
1. Can one start application for conversion of ACCA to CPA from Nigeria as an ACCA affiliate member or one needs to have done induction and all?

2. Will Udemy courses/certificate give one competitive advantage when exploring the Canadian job market?
I have been spending this lockdown trying to sharpen my skills with some courses on udemy.

Thank you.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by FlappaNozzle: 12:10pm On May 10, 2020
Influential101:
Nawa o, where you dey since? They've been circulating it for some time now.... the flight is in few days.. see details in the link below.. I hope it's not late..

http://www.nigeriahcottawa.ca/notice/evacuation-flight-from-canada-to-abuja-on-thursday-14th-may-2020

I hope so too, thanks alot, let me reach out to airpeace then. if its possible fine or if not, i'll just chill here till they open up the airports my return flight is still hanging with Ethiopia airways.

Thanks alot
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by King202: 5:54pm On May 10, 2020
Hello all,

I have a one bedroom available for rent in a 2 bedroom apartment at clareview Edmonton Alberta. Please reach out to me if interested.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SamDD: 9:38pm On May 10, 2020
Good day Seniors in the house,

Please I need to connect with someone into Health and Safety job (HSE), for some enlightenment and counsel, as I hope to toll this path in Maple Land.

I will be glad to get mentored right before leaving Naija.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mokikeoj: 5:33am On May 11, 2020
realone2012:
Finally caught up after a long read that took me days after submitting my application in March.

Seniors in the house, I greet you all.
Please I have two questions;
1. Can one start application for conversion of ACCA to CPA from Nigeria as an ACCA affiliate member or one needs to have done induction and all?

2. Will Udemy courses/certificate give one competitive advantage when exploring the Canadian job market?
I have been spending this lockdown trying to sharpen my skills with some courses on udemy.

Thank you.

You need to be a member of ACCA before you can start the conversion, specifically a member in good standing. As an affiliate you cannot take advantage of the MRA between ACCA & CPA for conversion.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Liispa(f): 10:17am On May 11, 2020
mokikeoj:

You need to be a member of ACCA before you can start the conversion, specifically a member in good standing. As an affiliate you cannot take advantage of the MRA between ACCA & CPA for conversion.

Do you need to be a member before you enter Canada?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by chukwuemeka275(m): 10:32am On May 11, 2020
Good day everyone, I got a mail from CIC after my webform stating my inability to travel to Canada.
Part of the response was that on entering Canada I need to have a plan to self quaranti e for 14 days. This plan must include being able to get medical care, groceries etc.

My issue is that for me I don't know how airbnb work as it concerns getting medical care, groceries. Are hosts obliged to offer that?

I have a family where I can self quarantine for the 14 days where getting medical care, groceries and so on perhaps won't be a problem. However they stay in quebéc. I'm thinking this should not be an issue given it's an emergency situation.

Seniors in the house, kindly help with the dilemma
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 10:48am On May 11, 2020
chukwuemeka275:
Good day everyone, I got a mail from CIC after my webform stating my inability to travel to Canada.
Part of the response was that on entering Canada I need to have a plan to self quaranti e for 14 days. This plan must include being able to get medical care, groceries etc.

My issue is that for me I don't know how airbnb work as it concerns getting medical care, groceries. Are hosts obliged to offer that?

I have a family where I can self quarantine for the 14 days where getting medical care, groceries and so on perhaps won't be a problem. However they stay in quebéc. I'm thinking this should not be an issue given it's an emergency situation.

Seniors in the house, kindly help with the dilemma

air bnb is easy to use just book and pay, groceries can be ordered online, you can get health insurance for like a month at like 50 cad. Not advisable to tell them you are going to quarantine in Quebec.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SamDD: 4:03pm On May 11, 2020
Any help please??

SamDD:
Good day Seniors in the house,

Please I need to connect with someone into Health and Safety job (HSE), for some enlightenment and counsel, as I hope to toll this path in Maple Land.

I will be glad to get mentored right before leaving Naija.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by salford1: 6:25pm On May 11, 2020
SamDD:
Any help please??

Contact the bros in the image below on twitter. He might be able to guide you in the right direction. Goodluck.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by realone2012: 7:58pm On May 11, 2020
mokikeoj:

Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by stevesegkay: 10:16pm On May 11, 2020
mokikeoj:

Like it's confirmed here, you need to be a full member and in good standing before you can start the conversion process. While you can apply from outside Canada, upon meeting all requirements, I learnt that such application can only be submitted through CPA British Columbia. That's if applying from Nigeria, before landing in Canada.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SamDD: 7:23am On May 12, 2020
salford1:

Contact the bros in the image below on twitter. He might be able to guide you in the right direction. Goodluck.

@Salford1, God bless you bro. I really appreciate.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by michaelf284: 10:02am On May 12, 2020
Baba Salford �....I regard you bros, I just sent u a PM kindly respond make I confam something from you please. Thanks Senior

salford1:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Narkoya: 2:20pm On May 12, 2020
Pls does any one have any advice for an oil rig worker with a masters degree in chemical engineering looking to switch careers to something more promising? Open to all ideas pls
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jejebabaa: 2:22pm On May 12, 2020
19CannyMum:

This explains a lot. Just for price comparison though, last summer economy class ET tickets LOS to YYC cost around CAD2k

Air Peace do us well.
Dont get it twisted ooo. Its 2k USD and that's around 2800 CAD.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jejebabaa: 2:26pm On May 12, 2020
Jejebabaa:

Dont get it twisted ooo. Its 2k USD and that's around 2800 CAD.
This is the analysis

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by A14: 2:12am On May 13, 2020
Narkoya:
Pls does any one have any advice for an oil rig worker with a masters degree in chemical engineering looking to switch careers to something more promising? Open to all ideas pls

IT could be promising if you like tech
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 1:04pm On May 13, 2020
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Oganammuo: 4:36pm On May 14, 2020
salford1:

Sir, I sent you a mail. Pls can you reply. I really need an advice from you. Thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hayoakins(m): 4:36pm On May 14, 2020
I just got this update. It is useful for ACCA members or prospective members hoping to obtain CPA membership with the Mutual Recognition Agreement btw both bodies.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by bekayy: 5:49pm On May 14, 2020
Immediately i saw your name, i knew you had dropped this. Thank you. I got this mail too. All the best to us.

hayoakins:
I just got this update. It is useful for ACCA members or prospective members hoping to obtain CPA membership with the Mutual Recognition Agreement btw both bodies.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by FlappaNozzle: 7:23pm On May 14, 2020
19CannyMum:
https://www.nairaland.com/5854921/fg-halts-evacuation-200-nigerians from Canada

We heard the news yesterday o.

There are conflicting stories, on one hand Canadian govt hasn't given airpeace green light to fly Toronto to Alberta, then fly to Nigeria especially because its his first flight to the region. On the hand, Nigerian govt is saying no space for evacuees.

How come we are getting to know all this a day to the flight, it's strange.

I hope they will sort this out soon.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hayoakins(m): 7:40pm On May 14, 2020
bekayy:
Immediately i saw your name, i knew you had dropped this. Thank you. I got this mail too. All the best to us.

Amen o. grin

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sharpsharp: 11:45pm On May 15, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Okay. Thanks
How far with your Canada application?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:28am On May 16, 2020
sharpsharp:

How far with your Canada application?

Yet to be submitted
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sharpsharp: 1:25pm On May 16, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Yet to be submitted

When are you meant to resume school?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 3:01pm On May 16, 2020
sharpsharp:

When are you meant to resume school?

September
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sharpsharp: 10:51pm On May 16, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

September
Okay. That means you need to apply for your study permit once VSF reopens.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:55pm On May 16, 2020
sharpsharp:

Okay. That means you need to apply for your study permit once VSF reopens.

I am. Applying this month
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Purkie(f): 6:34am On May 17, 2020
Please does anyone have current information on those with COPR stranded in Nigeria? If you know of any flights going to Canada please share.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 7:13am On May 17, 2020
Purkie:
Please does anyone have current information on those with COPR stranded in Nigeria? If you know of any flights going to Canada please share.
Ethiopian air but it cost 2500 usd

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: affoncad and 1 guest(s)