Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2189749 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2021
maziude:

You go like food shagrin

Dey your house, I no get fufu grin

Baje.... Alot

Expecially our local food

Lafun black nko?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 6:41pm On Jul 26, 2021
oluayebenz:

Baje.... Alot

Expecially our local food

Lafun black nko?

Garri Dey grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 12:12am On Jul 27, 2021
maziude:

Garri Dey grin

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 12:39am On Jul 27, 2021
[quote author=oluayebenz post=104132588][/quote]

Lol
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Horlamidei(m): 7:04am On Jul 27, 2021
My mom is set to apply for her canada pr. She has me and my junior sister in all her documents as her only 2children, no family member with her in ontario Canada where she stays. She works and stays alone.

I will clock 29years this December which I think makes me above the age of been a dependent child.

Her worries now is how to get me and my other sibling to Canada.

Please is there anyway or pathway to migrate to join her as am still battling with this ielts stuff??!

I even asked her if there's anyway she can process me to get a pr as she has already declared me and my sister has the only children and family member she has.

Please, any way or pathway??
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Prettiepearlz(f): 8:22am On Jul 27, 2021
Horlamidei:
My mom is set to apply for her canada pr. She has me and my junior sister in all her documents as her only 2children, no family member with her in ontario Canada where she stays. She works and stays alone.

I will clock 29years this December which I think makes me above the age of been a dependent child.

Her worries now is how to get me and my other sibling to Canada.

Please is there anyway or pathway to migrate to join her as am still battling with this ielts stuff??!

I even asked her if there's anyway she can process me to get a pr as she has already declared me and my sister has the only children and family member she has.

Please, any way or pathway??
Guy at this point, na you go find your way. Your mummy can't help you apply for PR. Do you have a job? Is it up to three years? If yes, find out if your occupation is amongst the eligible occupation, write IELTS to get at least LRSW 8.5, 8.0, 7.5, 7.5, evaluate your degree, if you have just Bsc, try to write any of the certification courses such as ACCA, BCS, CIMA, CIIN however if you have a ND/HND, then you are good to go. With all these you will be able to get into the pool and wait to be invited. You may even be lucky to get a provincial nomination. Why is your mum not declaring her other kids in her PR application? It's not like she needs POF as she is already in Canada and I believe she is working. Well, I hope things doesn't get complicated in the future.

Modified: I thought your name sounded familiar in this Canada journey, I checked and saw I had given you this same response when you were 27 years old in 2019, and you are still on this in 2021. Make your decision quickly and stick to it. Please be reminded that you're getting older and your chances for PR application reduces with Age. Time waits for no man!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Backcheck: 8:37am On Jul 27, 2021
Hello great minds!

Please is it a must to blend your ogbono and egusi when bringing in?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Horlamidei(m): 10:53am On Jul 27, 2021
Prettiepearlz:

Guy at this point, na you go find your way. Your mummy can't help you apply for PR. Do you have a job? Is it up to three years? If yes, find out if your occupation is amongst the eligible occupation, write IELTS to get at least LRSW 8.5, 8.0, 7.5, 7.5, evaluate your degree, if you have just Bsc, try to write any of the certification courses such as ACCA, BCS, CIMA, CIIN however if you have a ND/HND, then you are good to go. With all these you will be able to get into the pool and wait to be invited. You may even be lucky to get a provincial nomination. Why is your mum not declaring her other kids in her PR application? It's not like she needs POF as she is already in Canada and I believe she is working. Well, I hope things doesn't get complicated in the future.

Modified: I thought your name sounded familiar in this Canada journey, I checked and saw I had given you this same response when you were 27 years old in 2019, and you are still on this in 2021. Make your decision quickly and stick to it. Please be reminded that you're getting older and your chances for PR application reduces with Age. Time waits for no man!

Have not been doing well in the ielts! About to write another this September..! Is it possible she invites me over for visiting after getting her pr?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2021
Horlamidei:

Have not been doing well in the ielts! About to write another this September..! Is it possible she invites me over for visiting after getting her pr?
since 2019 you have been asking same questions, brother you are not serious and are looking for the easy way when there is none. Took me a year to pass ielts with 7 trials. It's clear you will not come back if they give you visiting visa so your chances are very low. Face the ielts or ask you mum to find you babe wey need husband in canada grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Alchemist01: 2:51pm On Jul 27, 2021
@CountVersailles

Sometimes you can just shut your damn mouth and let people that have reasonable thing to say speak.

You always feel like you know it all.

That's how somebody was asking about bringing milk and you were spouting rubbish as usual.

Typical Nigerian that will travel abroad and be thinking they have arrived. Nonsense.

CountVersailles:

Why are you stopping at Fried meat and Groudnut oil? Why not bring in a live goat? Wouldn't that be just nice! grin
There's no goat in Canada to kill and eat o, so you really should.

12 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2021
Alchemist01:
@CountVersailles

Sometimes you can just shut your damn mouth and let people that have reasonable thing to say speak.

You always feel like you know it all.

That's how somebody was asking about bringing milk and you were spouting rubbish as usual.

Typical Nigerian that will travel abroad and be thinking they have arrived. Nonsense.

You are the one resorting to verbal abuse. Maybe you should shut your own damn mouth first.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Horlamidei(m): 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2021
ednut1:
since 2019 you have been asking same questions, brother you are not serious and are looking for the easy way when there is none. Took me a year to pass ielts with 7 trials. It's clear you will not come back if they give you visiting visa so your chances are very low. Face the ielts or ask you mum to find you babe wey need husband in canada grin

It’s not like that!! Am a stammerer and it has been holding me back in the speaking section of the ielts. Not that am finding the easy way! I wish I could speak normal..

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by r4blessing: 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2021
Horlamidei:

It’s not like that!! Am a stammerer and it has been holding me back in the speaking section of the ielts. Not that am finding the easy way! I wish I could speak normal..
Hi, I don't think stuttering would negatively affect your speaking scores provided when registering for the exam you indicate that you have a special need. I just read online that you can indicate that when registering and also go with a valid doctor's certificate or report if required and the necessary accommodations would be made for you.

12 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 27, 2021
That's not an excuse bro. You can get a speaking exemption. So get to work.
Horlamidei:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jayifeanyi1234: 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2021
Madcow:

Am not good at reading lengthy post, but yours, both the first and the second, totally got my attention. Thank you for taking out time to share your testimony. I am indeed encouraged, and I refuse to have amnesia, for He has being so good to me!!!!

Blessings!!!
God has done it!

I remember when I shared my last testimony, I promised to come back and updates you all in all honesty I have many reasons to be thankful to God considering all he has done for me he loves me so tenderly he thinks about me he considers everything.

Between then and now a lot of waters have gone under the bridge. I was putting in applications and suffering rejections. On most of the occasions I had done the second level and even final interview even presented to the CEO’s and still rejection. Initially, I developed thick skin but over time it began to get to me and there was almost no motivation to apply to other opportunities. I was enjoying my current role, however, I wanted more primarily because I knew I had the capacity to do more.

In March, I was assigned a new manager and things were good, I was doing my work and making progress and suddenly, I was redeployed to another brand. Initially I was happy, I saw it as progress with additional responsibility but when the renumeration did not change, my eyes cleared. I wanted to challenge the redeployment, because the thought of building my credibility again from scratch did not sit very well with me since ‘I had been there done that.’ I went back into the place of prayer to ask God why and in my grumbling the Lord reminded me “whatsoever work your hands find to do, do it with all your might”

I started learning the new brand products, systems, applications, and processes. During the onboarding process, there were some negative experiences that left a sour taste in my mouth, getting to work every day was becoming an uphill task. During my breaks, I would go out to worship and pray because that was the only way my spirit could be lifted.

Sometime in the beginning of May, I got a word of prophecy from an online prayer meeting I attend (Kornerstone Counselling Center http://kstonecc.org/) that “what is mine is mine and nobody will take that which is mine.” I was thankful, and I continued praying with that until
I received another rejection, and I became weak. I could not understand this one because we had negotiated pay and I was basically waiting for an offer. On the 24th of May, the Lord in his mercy knowing I was feeling downtrodden sent another word of prophecy with a timeline “that it will happen suddenly, that people have lined up to help me and I will see manifestation before the end of the week.” In my mind, I laughed because I did not have any major applications pending.

On Friday 28th May in the morning, I received an offer for a part-time lecturer role I applied to a long time ago. Initially I was confused because I did not think it wise to leave my full-time permanent role for a part-time offer. I discussed with my wife, and we prayed then we decided to accept the offer. In the afternoon that same Friday, I received another offer for a consultancy role which was also part-time. The pay combined was significantly more than what I was earning, so I began to thank God well because things had balanced out.

The God we serve is a humorous God. On Monday the 31st of May. I received an invite to complete an on-demand interview for another institution which I completed immediately, that same Monday in the afternoon, I received a call from the same Institution asking for my availability for a second level interview. I told them I was available immediately so they setup a teams call, and we had the Interview. It was quite interesting because at the end of the interview they asked for my references. On Tuesday the 1st of June, they made me an offer (with pay well over double what I was earning) and full-time, asking if I am available to start on Wednesday 2nd June which I gladly obliged.

As if that was not enough, on Wednesday the 2nd of June, I received a call from the company I used to work for in Nigeria. They had somewhat of a crisis and needed someone to rescue the situation. They gave me a blank cheque in relation to how much I wanted to earn and for old times’ sake I said yes!

As of my writing this, I have assumed all four roles all of which are work from home at my own time. The primary application I was required to learn after I was redeployed is what I use in one of the new jobs. In all honesty, it is a lot of work and truly an amazing learning experience. Sometimes I am petrified about the feats I must deliver, nonetheless; I know God will help me! The Lord is too faithful to fail me and that He is too faithful to disappoint me… He has proven Himself in my life and I have come to realize that He is too faithful to fail me… what He starts He always finishes.

My prayer now is for God to give me strength, wisdom, and an excellent spirit to deliver exceptionally with good success across all four roles… and again I will come back to testify.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Toluchenko(m): 9:43pm On Jul 27, 2021
Hello everyone. I am new to this thread. I "ported" from the Canada Study Visa Thread. I need some clarifications on this quarantine parole.

I recently got my application for study visa approved (Fall 2021; University of Regina, Saskatchewan). I have been able to link up with family friends that stay around my school, so I plan to stay with them for some months till I settle fully and find my apartment.

Now, I have been fully vaccinated and I recently heard that fully vaccinated individuals will still have to show their quarantine plans in case they are not exempted (from quarantine) by the officials at the Point of Entry.

My questions;

1) Will my Family friends' house be a suitable place for quarantine?

2) If No to (1), what if I get a quarantine apartment and I eventually get exempted from quarantine at the Point of Entry. Hope getting a refund would not be difficult?

3) Please, can someone put me through the process getting an apartment for the 14 days quarantine.

Thank you..
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Brokenvessels: 11:48pm On Jul 27, 2021
Hi everyone. I recently booked an appointment for my passport renewal in ottawa by October. I will be flying from Calgary, and I will like to know the process if anyone has done that before. Is it possible, if I get there early (my appointment is for 9:30am and it's written that it's a guide only and doesn't mean I will be attended to at that time) to be done before 3:30pm? I want to book my flight and want to know if same day renewal is possible. What's the process like? Thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ikigayana: 2:05am On Jul 28, 2021
You can quarantine at an Airbnb for the 14days. Visit the group below. It's for people travelling to CA during this covid times.

https://www./1145379402582610/?ref=share

Toluchenko:
Hello everyone. I am new to this thread. I "ported" from the Canada Study Visa Thread. I need some clarifications on this quarantine parole.

I recently got my application for study visa approved (Fall 2021; University of Regina, Saskatchewan). I have been able to link up with family friends that stay around my school, so I plan to stay with them for some months till I settle fully and find my apartment.

Now, I have been fully vaccinated and I recently heard that fully vaccinated individuals will still have to show their quarantine plans in case they are not exempted (from quarantine) by the officials at the Point of Entry.

My questions;

1) Will my Family friends' house be a suitable place for quarantine?

2) If No to (1), what if I get a quarantine apartment and I eventually get exempted from quarantine at the Point of Entry. Hope getting a refund would not be difficult?

3) Please, can someone put me through the process getting an apartment for the 14 days quarantine.

Thank you..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ikigayana: 2:08am On Jul 28, 2021
From Toronto, you can take a shuttle to London, ON. Lookup RobertQ but you will need pre book

https://robertq.com/

Lagbaja88:
student that cannot make simple research. Omo. Book a flight to Toronto, from Toronto book local flight to London ontario
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ikigayana: 2:13am On Jul 28, 2021
Any contacts on how to ship items from Alberta to Lagos and shipping from Lagos to Alberta.

Help me please.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ikigayana: 2:16am On Jul 28, 2021
Don't bother honestly. Milk orisi risi dey here

RELAN2446:
Quick one please, can I carry powdered milk with me to canada? What I'd the best way to carry it? Is it advisable to carry it with the can?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by adanac13: 6:39am On Jul 28, 2021
this your enjoyment is too much o, haba!!! and I'm roasting here in this same Calgary please put me in your bag on your next adventure grin
GozyNA:
Scenes from the last Stampede.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by adanac13: 6:43am On Jul 28, 2021
Please let me know when you get one I'm looking too
Kayyyy:
Please I need help, my family in Abuja wants to send some things to me here in Alberta, which logistics company would be good for them to use? I was thinking of dhl but the reviews I’m reading online are crazy.
Thanks as I await your responses.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by RELAN2446(m): 7:52am On Jul 28, 2021
Ikigayana:

Don't bother honestly. Milk orisi risi dey here

Thanks man
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Backcheck: 7:26pm On Jul 28, 2021
??

Backcheck:
Hello great minds!

Please is it a must to blend your ogbono and egusi and crayfish when bringing in?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aranymous: 9:24pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hi guys,

I have recently landed Ontario, please any WhatsApp/Telegram group i can join? I am job and house hunting, i need all the help i can get.

Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by BiafranDel: 9:48pm On Jul 28, 2021
Please how do you guys manage to have a masters degree plus 3 years working experience all before 30 to be eligible for express entry.
Please Is this express entry dream feasible for someone who gets his BSc at 24??
Is that age too late?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Greatkhad: 10:23pm On Jul 28, 2021
hello house, please i am looking to share a house/ vacant room in mississauga/ etobicoke environs. Please you people should help me.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 11:10pm On Jul 28, 2021
BiafranDel:
Please how do you guys manage to have a masters degree plus 3 years working experience all before 30 to be eligible for express entry.
Please Is this express entry dream feasible for someone who gets his BSc at 24??
Is that age too late?
Get one of these many certificates to quality for two or more certificates. Or better still go back to school and finish masters by 26/27, then apply. People have done it successfully.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by BiafranDel: 11:22pm On Jul 28, 2021
CountVersailles:

Get one of these many certificates to quality for two or more certificates. Or better still go back to school and finish masters by 26/27, then apply. People have done it successfully.

I thought a masters degree is mandatory to be eligible? Does the other certificates get the same points as a masters degree? How do I research about the particular certificate that would fit my profile better.
Also, please does the 3 years working experience need to be a professional job that is as well related to one’s undergraduate course of study?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 28, 2021
BiafranDel:
Is that age too late?
part time masters. Online masters, noun masters etc. Read the express entry thread for eligible certificates.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 12:19am On Jul 29, 2021
Backcheck:
??

Wetin you go use blend the ogbono for here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.