Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (485) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2184690 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by captainhoo: 11:08am On Jul 22, 2021
CountVersailles:

Okay, I understand. Some people just like to eat rat poison.

Na wa oh. Madam calm down. People have /are surviving with this "rat poison".

No food industry in any country is perfect, including Canada. You should educate yourself about GMO foods before you condemn 9ja's "rat poison"

9 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GreatMage: 12:36pm On Jul 22, 2021
Between Canada and USA, which do you guys advice I apply for grad school?

Watching the previous video really scared me...
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:10pm On Jul 22, 2021
RELAN2446:

It is cheaper, with ur thinking everything in Nigeria is in Canada, does that mean one should not carry anything?
carry things that are expensive here like Nigerian spices and other foods stuff. Frozen Palm oil is understandable but why person go carry groundnut oil come, powdered milk, grin angry.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2021
GreatMage:

that is your decision to make. Make your research, compare and contrast

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 3:58pm On Jul 22, 2021
oluayebenz:

Yes it is

Even the taste cheesy

See them …lol

@ednut1
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 4:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
oluayebenz:

Yes it is

Even the taste cheesy

Make the person still carry bread follow body . Lol
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 4:39pm On Jul 22, 2021
CountVersailles:

Many graduates coming from Nigeria usually underestimate the amount of work it takes to do graduate school in developed countries like Canada and the US. Contrary to what most people think, graduate school in these countries is actually very difficult. Usually there is a lot of assignments and homeworks, and this is not something the Nigerian student is used to. Besides, most of the concepts are not discussed at a high-level, but usually a more detailed often difficult low-level filled with maths (for STEM) or lots of readings (for Management). This can be a very big problem for the Nigerian student who isn't used to this method of study. But the good news is that if you do not give up, you will succeed. It may appear difficult, but if you put in the required effort, ask for help from your professors or from fellow students, you will eventually understand. My advice to you is to dig deep within you and find that extra effort to succeed. Don't give up. Having a kid is not an excuse. There have been many people like you who made it eventually through graduate school. You just need to tell yourself that you can do it.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 5:25pm On Jul 22, 2021
maziude:

Make the person still carry bread follow body . Lol

Infact ehn

That Agege bread go make sense o cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 6:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
AirBay:

So the milk you grew up with is now rat poison undecided
Except you were born and bred in Canada sha grin

Naija ppl forming Canadian accent after 2days in canada grin grin
I'm sure there are many things you grew up with in Nigeria that you now find are bad practices in Canada. You'll probably ignore that and continue bringing your milk from Nigeria, anyways. I don't want to engage you in unnecessary arguments, but it baffles me that you do not realize this your dependence on Nigerian milk is simply brain conditioning. Yes, even your brain can make you do bad things without you realizing it. Just sit back for a minute and look from the outside. Tell your brain to readjust itself, and you'll see why you are approaching things wrongly bringing possibly bad milk from Nigeria to Canada. I'm sure you do not realize that things like poor quality feed, lack of adequate regulatory supervision, inadequate diary infrastructure all contribute to the production of low quality milk in a country like Nigeria. But instead, you'll probably go into a fit after reading this my response now, thinking "how dare she tells me this!?"

9 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 6:19pm On Jul 22, 2021
GreatMage:

You shouldn't be scared. Just be ready to put in the right preparations. These countries never abandon a determined student.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 7:12pm On Jul 22, 2021
oluayebenz:

Infact ehn

That Agege bread go make sense o cheesy cheesy grin grin

You no well lol
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 11:48pm On Jul 22, 2021
CountVersailles:

[s]I'm sure there are many things you grew up with in Nigeria that you now find are bad practices in Canada. You'll probably ignore that and continue bringing your milk from Nigeria, anyways. I don't want to engage you in unnecessary arguments, but it baffles me that you do not realize this your dependence on Nigerian milk is simply brain conditioning. Yes, even your brain can make you do bad things without you realizing it. Just sit back for a minute and look from the outside. Tell your brain to readjust itself, and you'll see why you are approaching things wrongly bringing possibly bad milk from Nigeria to Canada. I'm sure you do not realize that things like poor quality feed, lack of adequate regulatory supervision, inadequate diary infrastructure all contribute to the production of low quality milk in a country like Nigeria. But instead, you'll probably go into a fit after reading this my response now, thinking "how dare she tells me this[/s]!?"

Trash as usual angry

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Castorinho: 11:53pm On Jul 22, 2021
Hi guys is there no registered service to transfer NGN in Nigeria to CAD here? Is relying on individual sellers the only option?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JORDAN55: 12:42am On Jul 23, 2021
Castorinho:
Hi guys is there no registered service to transfer NGN in Nigeria to CAD here? Is relying on individual sellers the only option?

lemonade finance

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Castorinho: 2:21am On Jul 23, 2021
JORDAN55:

lemonade finance

Thanks but I don’t think they let you fund the NGN account from a Nigerian account…
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JORDAN55: 6:23am On Jul 23, 2021
Castorinho:

Thanks but I don’t think they let you fund the NGN account from a Nigerian account…

i’ve not used it before as I am still in Nigeria , however you can email them. Perhaps they could work something out for you .
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kunbeeee: 10:09am On Jul 23, 2021
Hi..Is your school in Toronto or you are heading somewhere else?
RELAN2446:
Hello house
I will be travelling to Toronto on August 20 through Ethiopian airline, by then I will ve been fully been vacinated. Am looking for someone to share Airbnb for the 14days quarantine plan or someone we can travel together. Kindly dm if you are in this category or if you ve advise you can give me.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kunbeeee: 10:21am On Jul 23, 2021
Hi Guys,
I'll be travelling to canada for study next month. Although my school is in Ontario, I plan to stay in winnipeg during the fall session. The fall session is online and I have family to stay with in winnipeg.
I'm wondering if I can go straight to winnipeg once I land in Toronto or if this would cause issues for me at Point of entry.
Any opinion or advise would be appreciated.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by RELAN2446(m): 11:33am On Jul 23, 2021
[quote author=kunbeeee post=104000469]Hi..Is your school in Toronto or you are heading somewhere yeah, my school is in Scarborough ontario, Toronto
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 12:45pm On Jul 23, 2021
kunbeeee:
Hi Guys,
I'll be travelling to canada for study next month. Although my school is in Ontario, I plan to stay in winnipeg during the fall session. The fall session is online and I have family to stay with in winnipeg.
I'm wondering if I can go straight to winnipeg once I land in Toronto or if this would cause issues for me at Point of entry.
Any opinion or advise would be appreciated.
Are you full vaccinated?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GboyegaD(m): 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2021
itwillendinprai:
Please family, I honestly need your clarification on this matter as am on a very tight corner now.

I arrived Canada in May with a student Visa, I paid my first semester fee before coming and recently paid for 2nd Semester fee with the intention that I'll complete my program. However, as a mature student with unique situation and a child here, It's been too much struggle for me and it's already affecting my grades.

Lately, am beginning to consider other easier or better options of getting PR without violating the terms and conditions of my study permit, one of which is the Pilot program for Child Care giver/Personal Support Worker.

1.) Please does a study permit holder qualify for it?

2.) If yes, are there any implication? Like, misrepresentation issue?

3.) Is there any other better option for me as I realized am not ready for studies now considering the stress I went through before coming here to face study stress again.

4.) If it's possible, which province is more favorable as am willing to relocate anywhere to achieve the PR/Citizenship dream?

5.) Is it necessary to withdraw my husband's SOWP application to avoid misrepresentation issue?

6.) I still have plans to go back to school, but that will be after settling down, this time as part-time

Please I'd really appreciate your contribution on this matter so as to make the right decision on time before losing my 2nd Semester fee as there's deadline for withdrawal.

Thank you all in advance.

How long is your program? What exactly is the cause of stress? How best can you manage things for the rest of your duration?

In my opinion, try find a way to manage everything and finish your program to avoid unnecessary drama.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GboyegaD(m): 12:55pm On Jul 23, 2021
Lagbaja88:
this is why I usually laugh when people attempt this. You came as a student to study not to do psw, your best bet is to return your child to Nigeria, complete your studies. Looks for job and apply for pr using provinces nomination or cec. This is a lesson to many who think they can easily hustle their schools fees. If you dont have money or a sponsor stay away from Canada

People did in the past and many are still doing. It may lead to an extension of the initial duration of study however, it is not impossible.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GboyegaD(m): 12:57pm On Jul 23, 2021
itwillendinprai:

Thank you for your contribution, am actually not working and don't intend to, at least till my program is over as I cannot handle the two at same time. Only studies alone is giving me this headache not to talk of adding work to it.
Am looking at other options to PR aside studies, otherwise am considering going back to Nigeria.

Why not reduce your course load per semester?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GboyegaD(m): 1:25pm On Jul 23, 2021
RELAN2446:

It is cheaper, with ur thinking everything in Nigeria is in Canada, does that mean one should not carry anything?

Why carry those things that are easily accessible and you know is contraband?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GboyegaD(m): 1:27pm On Jul 23, 2021
GreatMage:

In my opinion, it depends on so many factors such as: your course of study, your finance, long term goals, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Orange1234: 5:19pm On Jul 23, 2021
Thanks to you and everyone who responded to me. Deeply appreciate it.

CanadianNaija:

Try fm exchange, lemonade finance, ping express etc.

Though I think FM Exchange may be your best bet since you're looking to buy cad. Lots of these other companies give you naira.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kunbeeee: 5:27pm On Jul 23, 2021
No I am not
CountVersailles:

Are you full vaccinated?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Livingglory: 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2021
Good day, everyone, please how can I apply for CIMA, I only have B.Sc. in Business Administration.....
What are the courses?
how much am I going to pay?

Please, help a sister����
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by demure178(m): 2:28am On Jul 25, 2021
Please I would be going to fanshawe college for September intake. Anyone traveling for September intake to Ontario London from Nigeria. Let put heads together, you can email me or quote this message

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by demure178(m): 3:47am On Jul 25, 2021
Abeg, how can I book from Lagos to Ontario London by flight. I would really appreciate an answer

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:04am On Jul 25, 2021
Toronto downtown from Toronto islands

12 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 25, 2021
Livingglory:
Good day, everyone, please how can I apply for CIMA, I only have B.Sc. in Business Administration.....
What are the courses?
how much am I going to pay?

Please, help a sister����
https://www.nairaland.com/5332693/writing-cima-express-entry-lets

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.