Stats: 3,152,808 members, 7,817,344 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2190094 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dyolahh: 7:51pm On Oct 19, 2022
A person has applied for visiting visa twice and was denied. Age is 38 years. Now applied for school just got admission will student visa be granted? Agent is saying after a year she can write to govt that she wants to defer to get work permit to be able to pay school fees.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 8:33pm On Oct 19, 2022
Dyolahh:
A person has applied for visiting visa twice and was denied. Age is 38 years. Now applied for school just got admission will student visa be granted? Agent is saying after a year she can write to govt that she wants to defer to get work permit to be able to pay school fees.
where una dey see these kind agents self

18 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by canadaishome: 9:09pm On Oct 19, 2022
Dyolahh:

Wow
These so called agents are just terrible

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dyolahh: 11:00pm On Oct 19, 2022
ednut1:
where una dey see these kind agents self

Lol na 9ja oooo. He taxed her 900k and her admission letter is out. They are doing the student visa now.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Datevilme: 11:37pm On Oct 19, 2022
OlumisiI:

Wow, ok. What number did you call please?

Call early, it can be elusive getting to speak with an agent.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 4:34am On Oct 20, 2022
Dyolahh:

Hahahahahaha…
And when they deny others visa because of this, y’all will be screaming discrimination.

Let her go ahead.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JenKendall: 9:27am On Oct 20, 2022
Hello House, please where can I take a Canadian PR Card-compliant passport photograph in the UK?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by deeteeneey(f): 9:56am On Oct 20, 2022
good day everyone,

Is there anyone heading to (or already a student of) University of Lethbridge for Spring 2023 (Jan 2023) session? I need some guidance

Also, i would like to findout if there's a whatsapp group for ULeth students

Thank you

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AbakeTT: 4:16pm On Oct 20, 2022
Hi guys. Anyone here applied for Schengen visa as PR and was successful?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 4:33pm On Oct 20, 2022
JenKendall:
Hello House, please where can I take a Canadian PR Card-compliant passport photograph in the UK?

You should Google that and a location will pop up.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Saintee2009(m): 11:13am On Oct 21, 2022
Hi guys,
I am newly landed here in Calgary and trying to settle down. I would appreciate referral to any jobs to allow me settle in fully. I am a civil engineer but I am not looking towards that at the moment because of the regulations involved. It needs proper planning.
I current reside around downtown SW calgary.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2022
Saintee2009:
Hi guys,
I am newly landed here in Calgary and trying to settle down. I would appreciate referral to any jobs to allow me settle in fully. I am a civil engineer but I am not looking towards that at the moment because of the regulations involved. It needs proper planning.

https://www.nairaland.com/6177671/true-reality-migrating-canada/1#95074855 click for remote customer care

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Tyola(m): 12:18am On Oct 22, 2022
Star46:
Hello guys

Pls which courier company can I use in sending documents from Lagos to Toronto and estimate courier fee? Thanks

Try Zenith Carex
https://www.zenithcarex.com/contact-us

I recently received a percel from Nigeria through the company. They were very efficient.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Weezybaby: 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2022
Abeg! Who knows a good restaurants to order bowls of Nigerian soup in the Toronto region..
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 4:05pm On Oct 22, 2022
Weezybaby:
Abeg! Who knows a good restaurants to order bowls of Nigerian soup in the Toronto region..
Go and eat Poutine. What do you need Nigerian soup for? cheesy

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Weezybaby: 5:25pm On Oct 22, 2022
CountVersailles:

Go and eat Poutine. What do you need Nigerian soup for? cheesy

I am not so adventurous�. At best, I can eat burger and fries ..but not so often Abeg.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 6:01pm On Oct 22, 2022
Weezybaby:

I am not so adventurous�. At best, I can eat burger and fries ..but not so often Abeg.
Hungry never catch you. Lol

Use Uber eats or skip >> search African

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Bouncedance: 8:18pm On Oct 22, 2022
Weezybaby:

I order here https://fooddelicio.ca/. They can also deliver on Ubereats.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by deepwater(f): 10:53pm On Oct 22, 2022
Saintee2009:
Hi guys,

The jobs you would need are In SE where u can get 22 per hour above. But be ready to work intercontinental shift of 12 hours (88 hrs biweekly).

Go to all those companies at SE (air liquid, shawcor, sobey, dynasty etc etc) with your CV at hand and submit hard copies.

U can try aerotek or randstad as well as they are job agencies.

Good luck.

Quote me on a dead thread
I will give u some email address for recruiters in aerotek or randstad.

Also, canadian pacific is recruiting actively for train conductors in calgary (107k annually) no experience required. They had their job fair and on the spot job offer on Thursday at Glenmore SE. I know of some Nigerians that got offer that same day.

You can still apply on line though as the advert was posted for calgary location yesterday as well.

I hope u enjoyed your first snow in calgary today cheesy

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Weezybaby: 11:13pm On Oct 22, 2022
Bouncedance:

I order here https://fooddelicio.ca/. They can also deliver on Ubereats.

Gbayi!!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by yaf1423: 12:54am On Oct 23, 2022
The information you have supplied about this individual is false. You have not deemed it fit to supply evidences for such if they did happen? You have not told us the victims neither did you mention to us about whether the individuals concerned were flown. You had the guts to even post his ID which is against the privacy rule of Nairaland.

For avoidance of doubt, I know the person involved and he reached out to the people that were affected at the time of such transactions and none of people who had ticket issues were left out. So coming to Nairaland to narrate false information is not only criminal but unethical.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by yaf1423: 1:00am On Oct 23, 2022
The information you have supplied about this individual is false. You have not deemed it fit to supply evidences for such if they did happen? You have not told us the victims neither did you mention to us about whether the individuals concerned were flown. You had the guts to even post his ID which is against the privacy rule of Nairaland.

For avoidance of doubt, I know the person involved and he reached out to the people that were affected at the time of such transactions and none of people who had ticket issues were left out. So coming to Nairaland to narrate false information is not only criminal but unethical.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by EuniqueBabe: 4:18am On Oct 23, 2022
If you are still searching, then google 24seven Restaurant, that's your plug. Thank me later

Weezybaby:
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Profgordons(m): 9:55am On Oct 23, 2022
deepwater:

The jobs you would need are In SE where u can get 22 per hour above. But be ready to work intercontinental shift of 12 hours (88 hrs biweekly).

Go to all those companies at SE (air liquid, shawcor, sobey, dynasty etc etc) with your CV at hand and submit hard copies.

U can try aerotek or randstad as well as they are job agencies.

Good luck.

Quote me on a dead thread
I will give u some email address for recruiters in aerotek or randstad.

Also, canadian pacific is recruiting actively for train conductors in calgary (107k annually) no experience required. They had their job fair and on the spot job offer on Thursday at Glenmore SE. I know of some Nigerians that got offer that same day.

You can still apply on line though as the advert was posted for calgary location yesterday as well.

I hope u enjoyed your first snow in calgary today cheesy

That’s so detailed of you!

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Lolaflair(m): 1:02pm On Oct 23, 2022
Anyone schooling in niagara college canada should hi me let talk. And any student accomodation available for rent in Niagara region or st catharines kindly buzz me let talk please.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Oloruntobiflink: 3:24am On Oct 26, 2022
Hi

Please, has anyone lived and worked in Europe and now lives in Canada? I would like to have a chat with them. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by drealsahmy(m): 2:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
Please those living in Alberta, Canada any information about Red Deer Polytechnic in Red deer Alberta.

I will be applying for Fall 2023, and need more information about this school as i can’t on Facebook or reviews sites.

Any information is appreciated, thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jimpix11: 2:51pm On Oct 26, 2022
Oloruntobiflink:
Hi

Please, has anyone lived and worked in Europe and now lives in Canada? I would like to have a chat with them. Thanks

Post Brexit? Lived in UK for 5years. Calgary is Home now.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Amandacanny: 3:26pm On Oct 26, 2022
Thanks for getting me enlightened
I appreciate

canadaishome:

It's called pumpkin. Some cultures use it to make soup. Some boil it or roast but it's also commonly associated with fall weather and Halloween because people can carve the skin and flesh to depict a face or animal figure

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2022
Oloruntobiflink:
Hi

oga flink i sight you grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Lolaflair(m): 12:16pm On Oct 27, 2022
Anyone schooling in niagara college canada should hi me let talk. And any student accomodation available for rent in Niagara region or st_catharines kindly buzz me let talk please.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by chiuchendu: 1:01am On Oct 28, 2022
Hi.
Probably not an active thread but thought to ask my questions here to help someone I know who's in a fix.

My question is for a mum who has received study permit, coming With 2 kids of daycare age. Anyone on here with similar situation? How are you doing for childcare and how much is it, etc?

Asking because daycare is expensive and we are yet to figure out what this mum would qualify for in terms of aby deductions. We would like to know if there are any deductions possible (Alberta), or the existence of other childcare options when a mum is here alone with 2kids. Any ideas would help. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Clicked and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49