Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (611) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2188441 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Solidcitizen: 11:34am On Oct 04, 2022
rabola1:

No, COVID testing is not required

Hope there will not be any oversabi at the Lagos Airport
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Giftedii: 9:44pm On Oct 04, 2022
Thetherapist:
Good day landed seniors. Please is there any medical laboratory scientsist currently in canada. Or if you know of any medical laboratory technologist practicing in canada. Kindly link me up by quoting this text. I need some clarification on licensing from PLA to CSMLT. Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Giftedii: 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2022
yourfavemls:

Pls I’m also in the same dilemma right now, I plan on starting the CSMLS PLA process but I need clarification on certain things from a landed senior that has gone through this same process. �. Pls help is needed desperately
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by IseeJoy(m): 11:50pm On Oct 04, 2022
Hello,

New to Canada and looking to purchase your first home in Canada especially in Calgary, Edmonton or anywhere within the Alberta Province?
Need a mortgage to finance your home purchase? As a permanent resident or with a temporary work visa, you also know you do qualify for a mortgage? Want to know more?
My name is Uche and I work with one of the top 3 banks in Canada and can definitely assist you with any information you need to know about purchasing your home in Canada.
Kindly reach me via my email: gudi204@yahoo.com and I’ll be happy to assist you.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Belxsz: 8:56am On Oct 06, 2022
Going through this thread and it seems like there are few Nigerians in Durham College and Oshawa in general. Long shot but I'll be going to Durham college for winter session and I'll be travelling in December. I will like to connect with fellow Nigerians in the area. Dm if applicable and interested. Thenkzzz
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by doctimi(m): 3:42pm On Oct 07, 2022
Nice one

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 4:11pm On Oct 07, 2022
Good news for international students in Canada. More reasons for many to want to come to Canada to study. Last last, a student on scholarship working in Canada while studying will still be making more money than a bank manager in Nigeria cheesy

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by KRTL: 1:06am On Oct 08, 2022
Hello everyone,

Pls I already got my Study Permit preparing to resume for winter 2023..

However,I am looking to change my program..pls is it OK to opt for a Diploma program even tho I got admission for a postgraduate certificate program?

Also,pls I find Law clerk as a program interesting, pls anyone has an idea what the Job prospect for this program (Law clerk) is.

I appreciate your responses.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2022
Wahala

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lanresz(m): 7:24pm On Oct 08, 2022
Big wahala. That room does not meet codes.

ednut1:
Wahala
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Thossiey(f): 7:38pm On Oct 08, 2022
My Elders in Edmonton, I am PR I have a question to anyone schooling in NAIT, I want to send Education documents for admission. Is it possible to just send my WES evaluation only? instead of doing the Transcript and WAEC wahala over again.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 7:57pm On Oct 08, 2022
lanresz:
Big wahala. That room does not meet codes.

Which of those indian rooms in downtown Toronto meet code? I don see person wey divide him living room into two and decided to rent half out as a "room". Isn't that just ridiculous? This is one very sad thing about Toronto and other big cities in Canada. Accommodation is such a big issue and is one of the biggest challenges new immigrants face.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lanresz(m): 8:17pm On Oct 08, 2022
That's serious. I won't know. I never lived in Toronto nor Vancouver.

CountVersailles:

Which of those indian rooms in downtown Toronto meet code? I don see person wey divide him living room into two and decided to rent half out as a "room". Isn't that just ridiculous? This is one very sad thing about Toronto and other big cities in Canada. Accommodation is such a big issue and is one of the biggest challenges new immigrants face.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by littyprincess: 9:10pm On Oct 08, 2022
CountVersailles:
Good news for international students in Canada. More reasons for many to want to come to Canada to study. Last last, a student on scholarship working in Canada while studying will still be making more money than a bank manager in Nigeria cheesy
Just to put it out there, it only applies to students already in Canada and those who have already been approved for a study permit and also those who already had an application in progress as at oct 7. Anybody submitting an application now won’t be eligible for this.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by gustav25: 10:32pm On Oct 08, 2022
Please anyone here knows anyone coming to new Brunswick soon from Nigeria ? I need help
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Lolaflair(m): 12:10am On Oct 09, 2022
Anyone resuming at niagara college canada please let talk oo, if there is any whatsapp group add me please
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 10:44am On Oct 09, 2022
Thossiey:
My Elders in Edmonton, I am PR I have a question to anyone schooling in NAIT, I want to send Education documents for admission. Is it possible to just send my WES evaluation only? instead of doing the Transcript and WAEC wahala over again.
If the O'level is over ten years, ignore it. For educational purposes, ask and pay WES to convert your ECA to that. That's all.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MarrisCoco: 11:28am On Oct 09, 2022
Hi everyone, please I need an answer concerning this issue. My friend was given admission into the University Entrance Option that’s a one year program if been passed she can enter into her major program. The visa took time to come out, she had to defer her admission and she’s to resume by September 2023. Her visa have been approved now and it’s a one year visa which is suppose to expire by November 2023. I want to know if it’s not going to affect her when she’s to go in by August next year at the port of entry to get her study permit base on her visa is suppose to expire 2 months after her resumption. Below is a screenshot of what I mean. Thank you.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Davedavy: 5:41pm On Oct 09, 2022
Thossiey:

NAIT can evaluate your documents directly without the need for a third party like WES. You'll need to notorize the documents (copies) and send it to NAIT, that's all.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 7:50pm On Oct 09, 2022
MarrisCoco:
Hi everyone, please I need an answer concerning this issue. My friend was given admission into the University Entrance Option that’s a one year program if been passed she can enter into her major program. The visa took time to come out, she had to defer her admission and she’s to resume by September 2023. Her visa have been approved now and it’s a one year visa which is suppose to expire by November 2023. I want to know if it’s not going to affect her when she’s to go in by August next year at the port of entry to get her study permit base on her visa is suppose to expire 2 months after her resumption. Below is a screenshot of what I mean. Thank you.

The Visa is only for travel.
She will be issued her study permit when she gets to Canada.

As long she comes in before the expiration date of the visa, she is good.

Note that, if she has plans to travel outside Canada during her studies, she would need to renew her visa.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hardeydara213(m): 8:08pm On Oct 09, 2022
Can someone pls help me with clues or a reliable agent I want to move my family to Canada �� abeg shocked pls WhatsApp me on 07062374328 or call 09035804963

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Amen2025: 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2022
Temitee4:
Good day everyone. Please is there an Ontario Whatsapp group or any for Nigerian students in Humber college. I will like to be added please. Thanks

I also need to be added too

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MarrisCoco: 8:40pm On Oct 09, 2022
Thank you so much @maziude
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MarrisCoco: 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2022
maziude:

The Visa is only for travel.
She will be issued her study permit when she gets to Canada.

As long she comes in before the expiration date of the visa, she is good.

Note that, if she has plans to travel outside Canada during her studies, she would need to renew her visa.

Thank you so much
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:49pm On Oct 10, 2022
Happy thanksgiving . Make una go roast turkey

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 1:50pm On Oct 10, 2022
hardeydara213:
Can someone pls help me with clues or a reliable agent I want to move my family to Canada �� abeg shocked pls WhatsApp me on 07062374328 or call 09035804963

Be very careful of scammers and fake agent!!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:51pm On Oct 10, 2022
hardeydara213:
Can someone pls help me with clues or a reliable agent I want to move my family to Canada �� abeg shocked pls WhatsApp me on 07062 or call 0903580
ask yourself a critical question who do you know or have seen that those 9ja agents moved to Canada undecided
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 4:28am On Oct 11, 2022
I have a nice 1-bedroom apartment condo unit in a very nice neighborhood in Toronto for a short-term lease between December 1 to February 28. The apartment is fully furnished, with ensuite laundry. It also comes with 1 underground parking space. The condo offers amenities like gym, party room, theater room, concierge, etc.

The apartment is suitable for single professional, or married couple with no kids or 1 toddler.

Price: $2000/ month.

If you're not currently in Canada, I require that you have someone on ground that can help you with in-person viewing arrangements.
Email dipo003@gmail.com if interested.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by keleto(m): 5:41am On Oct 11, 2022
DatechMan:
I have a nice 1-bedroom apartment condo unit in a very nice neighborhood in Toronto for a short-term lease between December 1 to February 28. The apartment is fully furnished, with ensuite laundry. It also comes with 1 underground parking space. The condo offers amenities like gym, party room, theater room, concierge, etc.

The apartment is suitable for single professional, or married couple with no kids or 1 toddler.

Price: $2000/ month.

If you're not currently in Canada, I require that you have someone on ground that can help you with in-person viewing arrangements.
Email dipo003@gmail.com if interested.

shocked shocked shocked

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mschubby: 6:53am On Oct 11, 2022
Good morning at all
Please can a 3rd class graduate apply for masters or pre-master’s degree? If possible, please can someone help with the list of universities
Thank you in anticipation �
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by studycenter: 7:34am On Oct 11, 2022
mschubby:
Good morning at all
Please can a 3rd class graduate apply for masters or pre-master’s degree? If possible, please can someone help with the list of universities
Thank you in anticipation �
Go read on the Canadian student visa thread. You'll find helpful info there than here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: inagbe1