Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (672) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2188361 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 9:47am On Sep 15, 2023
fruitartist:
For anyone who needs this?
has to be 1700 per room. 2 bedrooms in Etobicoke is around 2900 to 3200 presently.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 10:01am On Sep 15, 2023
ednut1:
has to be 1700 per room. 2 bedrooms in Etobicoke is around 2900 to 3200 presently.

Exactly

Etobicoke is in the heart of Toronto, one of the most expensive area.

That apartment must be in the dungeon
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 15, 2023

That apartment must be in the dungeon
🤣🤣🤣
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 10:09am On Sep 15, 2023
Viking07:
🤣🤣🤣

Naso nah

Within Ontario, 1,700 for 2 bed apartment is almost impossible.
Now he's taking of Etobicoke
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 15, 2023
oluayebenz:

Naso nah

Within Ontario, 1,700 for 2 bed apartment is almost impossible.
Now he's taking of Etobicoke
I actually live in Etobicoke. So yes I know some dungeon here. But the lungu here is almost like asokoro in Abuja. Not that bad.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ethanuella: 11:58am On Sep 15, 2023
I’m resuming MSVU in January, and I’ll like to link up with anyone in msvu or anyone resuming msvu in January.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
🙂😜

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Heritagebib: 2:09pm On Sep 15, 2023
I have a decent girl that is ready for a SERIOUS relationship. She was my colleague but she just relocated to Canada. I have gone through some of your posts here and I can see that you are not someone that sugarcoat things ...
This babe is 40yrs old but she is a nice girl. She doesn't know about this but I like her from afar. Everyone in my office say good things about her. If you won't be serious abeg no bother to be in relationship with her cos her eye don see shege already.
Pls send me a DM for her number if you are interested. I go ask you few questions though

Nbv1:

You are very correct, it is difficult to find true love here, Nigerian girls are even worse, that's why they all remain single till they hit menopause. They copied the same western culture once they get in here. To ask for their number becomes problem “ the girls are struggling yet they are only looking for guys that Are already stable of which the Canadian capitalist system of government Makes it difficult for many to succeed in short time. The girls from the west are worst.they package a lot and live fake life here just to trap guys who are even struggling in the first place. Their was a French girl I recently went on a date with, just because I got to the city where she resides using the subway and Uber, she came to pick me up using a Mercedes benz she was financing, after the date the b...tch told me she can't be with a man that is struggling and taking Uber and using subway lol. Since that day I just blocked her. The same miserable girl went on IG TO LAMENT HOW HUSBAND is difficult to find in Canada. I have a full time job, I am saving up for real assets and cutting expenses, avoiding insurance on liabilities taking up my money. The girls Aim is to take the little a man is struggling to save up.

The same thing Nigerian girls do here, when they get older, they will be questioning why God has forsaken them without husband. These girls are the problem in most cases.

For now I will be going to brothels if need be. I am still looking for a brothel in downtown or northyork Scarborough havent seen any yet I want suggestions my people
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Vikaslead: 6:18pm On Sep 15, 2023
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is important for individuals who wish to study, work, or live in the United Kingdom (UK) for several reasons:

Language Proficiency Requirement: The UK, like many other English-speaking countries, has established language proficiency requirements to ensure that individuals can effectively communicate in English. IELTS is widely accepted as proof of English language proficiency for these purposes. Different types of UK visas and immigration routes may require specific IELTS scores.

Academic Studies: Many international students come to the UK to pursue higher education. Most universities and colleges in the UK require applicants, especially those from non-English-speaking countries, to demonstrate their English language proficiency. IELTS scores are commonly used for this purpose, and different courses may have varying score requirements.
https://ieltscuecard.trendinggyan.com/

Employment: If you plan to work in the UK, especially in roles that require interaction with the public, clients, or colleagues, you may be required to demonstrate English language proficiency. Employers may use IELTS scores as one of the criteria to evaluate candidates.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 6:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
Viking07:
I actually live in Etobicoke. So yes I know some dungeon here. But the lungu here is almost like asokoro in Abuja. Not that bad.

That's actually not true.

Not even comparable

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 15, 2023
oluayebenz:

That's actually not true.

Not even comparable

probably different “lungus” I’ve lived in both locations. 🤷‍♂️✌️
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by goddyog: 9:41pm On Sep 15, 2023
Good evening everyone,

Please i need help with this.

Thanks
goddyog:
Good morning,

Please i am back with my questions again.

Please for someone who studied criminology and graduated 2019 but has been teaching since 2020 and also a fashion designer (the fashion design is not registered) what is the best study route to take?

Again, for money constraint, can if i do a certificate course and get a 1 year work visa, can i still further my school in other to stay back because i dont intend returning back.

For home tie, we have a 2 bedroom bungalow and 2 pieces of land in nasarawa, my wife has a property built by her father in her name. Then families. My work will give me a 1 year study leave. Are these enough for home ties?

Finally, i also intend going with my spouse, will she also get a 1 year spouse work permit? If yes can she go to school immediately i round up my own 1 year course?

Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by miolad20(m): 9:53pm On Sep 15, 2023
New favourite photos shot by me!

1. Niagara Speedway, a go-kart track in Niagara Falls, ON. That's the Skylon Tower in the background. It's a mini CN Tower 😂
2. CN Tower from the front of Delta Hotel, Down Town Toronto, ON.

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by njambert: 11:59pm On Sep 15, 2023
Hi guys, it's weekend let's have this discussion.

So I've been here for close to 4months with my wife and son.My pregnant wife does a WFH call centre job but I'm not yet working.I'm self studying and hoping to start applying for IT jobs(cloud computing) in November coming from a non-IT background.I still have my online gig which makes me about $1500/month currently.What we earn is sufficient for us,and we are happy.I was doing extremely well back home with lots of investments but we decided to make the move for lots of mostly non-financial reasons.We absolutely have no regrets over our move.

However,we have been seeing so much negativity, bitter complains and outright vilification of how bad Canada is on Tiktok/IG/Facebook and this is making us a little worried.Do any of you regret your move? What percentage would you estimate of Nigerians who couldn't make it here migrating LEGALLY(PR, student to PR, Work visa)? Any thoughts?

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 12:48am On Sep 16, 2023
njambert:

So I've been here for close to 4months with my wife and son.My pregnant wife does a WFH call centre job but I'm not yet working.I'm self studying and hoping to start applying for IT jobs(cloud computing) in November coming from a non-IT background.I still have my online gig which makes me about $1500/month currently.What we earn is sufficient for us,and we are happy.I was doing extremely well back home with lots of investments but we decided to make the move for lots of mostly non-financial reasons.We absolutely have no regrets over our move.

However,we have been seeing so much negativity, bitter complains and outright vilification of how bad Canada is on Tiktok/IG/Facebook and this is making us a little worried.Do any of you regret your move? What percentage would you estimate of Nigerians who couldn't make it here migrating LEGALLY(PR, student to PR, Work visa)? Any thoughts?
only NBS or statistics Canada would know @ bolded 😅. Do you regret your move Thats the only answer that is relevant here . For the current cost of living crisis/ economic wahala they have till 2025 to correct their decision via elections. They voted this current guy multiple times.

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 2:25am On Sep 16, 2023
njambert:

I will try to summarise here and hopefully it will help people who are planning to land Canada. These are purely my opinions based on researches I have carried out and personal experiences I have lived. In the end, you need a reference and you can then compare Canada based on your reference and what people are saying. Anyone who would listen to people in order to decide probably has not thought of things carefully. There is long term thinking and short term thinking. Many people I see do short term thinking for Canada.

This is my reference. I have Nigerian, UK (Scotland and England), French work experience and in the last couple of years have carefully considered UK/France/Canada. Even after getting PR confirmed last year, it was still 50-50 on whether to go to Canada. We visited Canada a couple of times and went back to the UK a few times to get a feel for things. If you were not in Canada, where would you have been?

These following resources/contacts helped me with motivation, focus, jobs, information on life in Canada and info on UK vs Canada or Canada vs France.

- LinkedIN networking
- Preparing for my professional certification/recognition in Canada.
- British Expats In Canada (facebook group)
- Les Français au Canada (facebook group)
- French in Toronto
- Jim Rohn, Brian Tracy and Stephen Covey's tapes over and over
- Old classmates living in Canada with successful careers
- TEF Community on nairaland (ever grateful to the lady that shared her prep my future access. Cannot remember her name)
- Avoiding negative people on the social web
- Aligning with positive people on the web.
- Avoiding youtube videos like "Top 10 reasons why people are leaving Canada" No. 1 Canada is cold (people have gotta be dumb not to have known that become coming here). No. 2 Canada is lonely (Really? No. Rather, they are boring). No. 3 No jobs in Canada (Not accurate!) No 4 Canada is expensive (True, but so are many other countries) etc. I watched a few of them out of curiosity but stopped when I discovered that it was basically desperate youtubers churning out the same garbage (nothing new, nothing innovative, just copy and paste). I rather focussed on videos of success stories - you attract what you focus on.

You have done well by coming to Canada with your family. Congrats. Now, you need to stay focussed.

Stephen Covey said “All things are created twice “There’s a mental or first creation, and a physical or second creation to all things. Create a positive future in Canada for you and your family. “Abraham Lincoln said: ‘The best way to predict the future is to create it'.

You are the right place in Canada. If I had to pick between Nigeria, Scotland, England, France and Canada using the KWINK analysis by Brian Tracy, I would pick Canada again and again.

PM for more positivity if you want and if you want to sharpen the saw.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by njambert: 3:15am On Sep 16, 2023
Thank you for the well articulated breakdown.I'm definitely in no way considering going back,but just somewhat worried about the what-ifs of not finding a job when need arises.Curious what your field of expertise is.

Enculer2:

I will try to summarise here and hopefully it will help people who are planning to land Canada. These are purely my opinions based on researches I have carried out and personal experiences I have lived. In the end, you need a reference and you can then compare Canada based on your reference and what people are saying. Anyone who would listen to people in order to decide probably has not thought of things carefully. There is long term thinking and short term thinking. Many people I see do short term thinking for Canada.

This is my reference. I have Nigerian, UK (Scotland and England), French work experience and in the last couple of years have carefully considered UK/France/Canada. Even after getting PR confirmed last year, it was still 50-50 on whether to go to Canada. We visited Canada a couple of times and went back to the UK a few times to get a feel for things. If you were not in Canada, where would you have been?

These following resources/contacts helped me with motivation, focus, jobs, information on life in Canada and info on UK vs Canada or Canada vs France.

- LinkedIN networking
- French in Toronto
- TEF Community on nairaland (ever grateful to the lady that shared her prep my future access. Cannot remember her name)
- Avoiding youtube videos like "Top 10 reasons why people are leaving Canada" No. 1 Canada is cold (people have gotta be dumb not to have known that become coming here). No. 2 Canada is lonely (Really? No. Rather, they are boring). No. 3 No jobs in Canada (Not accurate!) No 4 Canada is expensive (True, but so are many other countries) etc. I watched a few of them out of curiosity but stopped when I discovered that it was basically desperate youtubers churning out the same garbage (nothing new, nothing innovative, just copy and paste). I rather focussed on videos of success stories - you attract what you focus on.

You have done well by coming to Canada with your family. Congrats. Now, you need to stay focussed.

Stephen Covey said “All things are created twice “There’s a mental or first creation, and a physical or second creation to all things. Create a positive future in Canada for you and your family. “Abraham Lincoln said: ‘The best way to predict the future is to create it'.

You are the right place in Canada. If I had to pick between Nigeria, Scotland, England, France and Canada using the KWINK analysis by Brian Tracy, I would pick Canada again and again.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 3:24am On Sep 16, 2023
njambert:

Good discussion! Let me give my own opinion. Warning: this is a long one! Sorry smiley

I think many people coming to Canada come with too many expectations. These expectations often start with that well-known worry inherent in the constant “why is VFS delaying my passports?”, “who can I send a message to”, “I just messaged the MP of my district”, bla bla bla. THat offs me on a steady. You are sending mail to VFS to hurry along with your passport that will certainly come if you don’t lift a finger, yet you are not even researching the other things you need to do to SURVIVE in canada. You are not researching the techniques with which to get a job. You are not investigating LinkedIn and looking into how to build a good profile. You are basically instead worrying day and night about VFS sending a passport that will certainly come to you. I’m digressing sha, but I just responded to one of them today, so it’s sort of fresh in my head. Not knowing it is a problem is a big thing.

But that’s besides the point. For me, I can easily imagine anyone regretting their coming to Canada. It’s very easy to regret it. You get here full of so many expectations. The country is after all just north of America. It’s basically America’s 51st state, lmao. So, opportunities should abound, right? Well, wrong! There is nowhere in the world where opportunities are handed out like a chicken on a plate. Not even in the Nigeria you were coming from. Many a times, we have to work for our opportunities everywhere we find ourselves. In any case, it’s easy to regret. You are working odd jobs. You are paying the type of rent you have never paid in your life. Car insurance for a year is basically the same amount of money you will pay for a year’s rent in Lekki. No be juju be that? Lmao! One other thing some of those youtubers mention (I’ll come to them in a minute), is that they have to pay for daycare, or that there’s nobody to help them with their children, or that they are afraid of what is being taught in the schools, so they must send their wards to catholic schools. All well and good. Another complaint is loneliness, how it’s very difficult to find someone to marry, said in the breadth as if it’s any easier in Lagos (Nearly all the men in Lagos are mad! –now, that’s a good reference book).

In any case, it’s easy for anyone to regret their Canada move. Coming in with so many expectations and finding Canada trash these expectations one after the other, they become disillusioned and start to wallow in regret.

But not everyone does. I know because I have a couple of friends who will tell you immediately that Canada has done for them what Nigeria could never have done. One of my friends I was talking to the other day, who was working pretty much an executive assistant job in Deloitte in Nigeria, now finds herself in a position here in Canada that she could never have imagined being in Nigeria. In fact, she actually almost lost her life, but thanks to the same Canada health system that YouTubers love to vilify, she is well and alive today. And not just that, she and her husband have a much better marriage than they did in Nigeria, they recently bought a house that has risen tremendously in value, and are doing extremely well for themselves, all from working what are regular jobs in Canada, not tech jobs, not nursing jobs, etc. Standard, regular jobs. They boast of a net worth they will never have approached in at least 10 years of working in Nigeria.

That aside, personal stories aside. living in a different country and expecting things to obtain like they do in your home country is really just plain stupid. There’s no loneliness in Canada; there’s just a Canada way of life. There’s a way people (and Canadians generally) live in this country that appears to suggest or cause loneliness, but it’s the way of life. People are mostly indoors in winter time, because it’s cold outside. Most get-togethers happen among friends, not strangers. Sports is a very good way of passing time in this country and that cuts across. Football (or what is called soccer) is not a popular sport here. Put simply, there’s a way of life. If you come from Nigeria and you can’t find people to play football with you, it’s not because they are boring. Dude, wake up! Most people just don’t play football here. Have you tried hockey!? In Nigeria, it’s not out of place to just walk into a random party on the street and suddenly get accepted by those celebrating. You could even be served food. In Yoruba parlance, they call it “mogbo moya”. You can’t do that here. It’s the culture. Celebrations happen mostly among friends known very well to each other. I read something the other day when someone said “Christmas was so boring in Canada.” No dude, CHristmas is not boring in Canada. They just don’t celebrate Christmas here like they do in Nigeria. CHristmas is mostly sitting at a table with family, having a good discussion and a drink. Maybe find or get into a friend group where you could also do the same? And there are places you can find friend groups. Start with a church, if you are lost. If you are not a church person, but you are still “lonely”, again, start with a church. They’ll accept you. Or look for friend groups on whatsapp, telegram channels, etc. There’s always one or two things going on. What you shouldn’t expect is that someone will literally come and drag you from inside your apartment to come hang out with them. Even that doesn’t happen in Lagos. But people often get so carried away with their loneliness, that they think everything else should start with them.

And on these YouTubers who are quick to post the “top 10 reasons why people are leaving Canada”, maybe we need to start first with why they themselves haven’t left? That’s possibly a sensitive trigger question for them. I’m sure they are having it so good with their fast uploads/download speeds, their restaurant outings, their “follow me grocery shopping” and nobody is snatching their phones, or their “I went on a Jamaican vacation” to be too bothered about leaving Canada. The life they portray in their videos may in fact be literally impossible if they were not in Canada. That can only say one thing, and that is that they do these videos just for the clicks and the views. Nothing else.
People may in fact be leaving Canada. That’s not unusual. It’s not automatic that everyone will have success in Canada. That’s not written in stone anywhere. To succeed in life, we have to apply ourselves in different ways. But to think Canada doesn’t make the path easy is to tell a lie. I know a few people who have pivoted into tech in Canada from taking a few courses online and truly applying themselves. Admittedly, this happens in Nigeria too, just as it does in Canada. But if you don’t want it badly, why should you expect to get it? And of course, the pay can never be commensurate.

One of the YouTubers I was listening to the other day also mentioned something about how daycare is expensive for them. I'm actually quite surprised she didn't expect this before coming to Canada. It simply means she didn't do her research well. If she did, she'd have planned better for this. Maybe prioritize only WFH jobs? Maybe move without the kids for starters? Whatever is possible, good research will most certainly tell her what to do. What's plain dumb is coming on YouTube to lament about it, as if it was not expected. There's a reason most Canadians are content with just having one or two kids and no more. This is something they have an intimate understanding of while growing up. Most of them have even ruled out kids completely, which is not an entirely bad move for someone who wants to stay financially independent. Again, it's the way of life. And that's why you will hardly ever see a Canadian go on YouTube to complain about expensive daycare. The Nigerian, on the other hand, comes into the country expecting things to be exactly like they left it in Nigeria. Sorry, babe, that's not how life works. You needed to understand this well before making your Canada move. If you did, you will plan much better for it.

It’s not a surprise that an idle mind is the devil’s workshop. That saying is truer than ever about those who wallow on their couch in Canada thinking about what fancy life they had in Nigeria and why they can’t have the same in Canada. They grovel in their previous success and cannot replicate it. You start to wonder if they really truly succeeded in Nigeria or if it was just all luck. Was passing that exam in Nigeria a fluke for them? If it wasn’t, why are they struggling with passing their exams here? Did they truly understand the subject? Did they have the passion for what they did in Nigeria? One of the tales I told up there about the couple who succeeded in Canada actually has a side to it that’s not that impressive. The wife was a practicing doctor in Nigeria who couldn’t scale the hurdle of practicing in Canada. Talking to her, you could perceive she wasn’t even passionate about being a doctor at all. Little wonder she couldn’t truly apply herself in Canada to scale that well-known, difficult hurdle. She ended up with a government job that she still enjoys now anyways. But at least, she’s not complaining like the many others.

There are different sides to Canada, let’s be real. There’s the good and the bad. But one thing I can tell you for real is that opportunities abound, but only if you set your mind to earning those opportunities. That much is true.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 3:54am On Sep 16, 2023
njambert:

Short answer: Zero regrets. Probably the best decision I’ve made in my over 3 decades on earth. The opportunities here are limitless. There are adequate rewards for your hard work. Your sweats counts. I wake up everyday with a thankful heart for this opportunity. Zero worries whatsoever.

To anyone having double mind about japa-ing I only have one advice: Nigeria is crime scene. You won’t know this until you view it from outside.
Ok bye.

17 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 3:59am On Sep 16, 2023
Enculer2:

- LinkedIN networking
- French in Toronto

✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Firefox01: 8:56am On Sep 16, 2023
I love what I'm seeing here. These discussions about the realities of living in Canada spiced up with pictures is what this thread is for. Not visa enquiries. FYI, I'm still in Naija as well so nobody can accuse me of not wanting others to know the way. I'm just saying this thread is not the right place for visa enquiries. Keep it coming, "Canadians" y'all are doing well. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by buchito1(m): 9:14am On Sep 16, 2023
Somewhere in Maple Ridge BC.

Life na Jeje… This Canada wey we come, you just gotta create your own happiness!

If not!!! grin

18 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 12:27pm On Sep 16, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 16, 2023
On my way home.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 7:48pm On Sep 16, 2023
NuCypher:

Good discussion! Let me give my own opinion. Warning: this is a long one! Sorry smiley

One of the YouTubers I was listening to the other day also mentioned something about how daycare is expensive for them. I'm actually quite surprised she didn't expect this before coming to Canada. It simply means she didn't do her research well. If she did, she'd have planned better for this. Maybe prioritize only WFH jobs? Maybe move without the kids for starters? Whatever is possible, good research will most certainly tell her what to do. What's plain dumb is coming on YouTube to lament about it, as if it was not expected. There's a reason most Canadians are content with just having one or two kids and no more. This is something they have an intimate understanding of while growing up. Most of them have even ruled out kids completely, which is not an entirely bad move for someone who wants to stay financially independent. Again, it's the way of life. And that's why you will hardly ever see a Canadian go on YouTube to complain about expensive daycare. The Nigerian, on the other hand, comes into the country expecting things to be exactly like they left it in Nigeria. Sorry, babe, that's not how life works. You needed to understand this well before making your Canada move. If you did, you will plan much better for it.

There are different sides to Canada, let’s be real. There’s the good and the bad. But one thing I can tell you for real is that opportunities abound, but only if you set your mind to earning those opportunities. That much is true.

Many people do not do strategic planning. It is absolute madness to relocate to a country without a thorough research.

Many of these people end up as hungry youtubers feeding lazy people with poor information.

Only a handful of quality YouTube content makers out there.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 7:53pm On Sep 16, 2023
Firefox01:
I love what I'm seeing here. These discussions about the realities of living in Canada spiced up with pictures is what this thread is for. Not visa enquiries. FYI, I'm still in Naija as well so nobody can accuse me of not wanting others to know the way. I'm just saying this thread is not the right place for visa enquiries. Keep it coming, "Canadians" y'all are doing well. cheesy

People do not read so no surprises how people will derail the thread.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Taal17: 8:39pm On Sep 16, 2023
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SOTAJ: 6:13am On Sep 17, 2023
Fully furnished 2 bedroom walkout basement suite (with separate entrance) available for short term rental in Northwest Calgary for CAD2,000 per month. Suitable for newly landed immigrants, it is close to Walmart, Costco and other shopping outlets you need.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olalekan9320(m): 9:33am On Sep 17, 2023
Renting out a basement for 2000 dollars in Calgary where the average rent for main floor is between 1400 and 1900 is crazy. You know nobody who's already here for more than 6 months would rent that despite the very crazy rental market. You just want to take advantage of new immigrants because you know they are the only one who would rent that and I like the fact that you kuku just focus on them grin, forgetting that you were one

He no concern me sha to each his own

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by njambert: 10:38am On Sep 17, 2023
Not trying to defend ripping people off.But $2k for 2 two bedroom *furnished* basement sounds reasonable to me.We would have definitely gone for this option if we found any one available when we landed in Calgary 4months ago.Instead,we rented a two br basement airbnb at $120 a day,which would have costed us over $3k a month.We ended up leaving Calgary after 2weeks for Edmonton,but I would have gladly stayed longer in Calgary to find a place for more time had we found this type of affordable short term rental.

olalekan9320:
Renting out a basement for 2000 dollars in Calgary where the average rent for main floor is between 1400 and 1900 is crazy. You know nobody who's already here for more than 6 months would rent that despite the very crazy rental market. You just want to take advantage of new immigrants because you know they are the only one who would rent that and I like the fact that you kuku just focus on them grin, forgetting that you were one

He no concern me sha to each his own

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 17, 2023
Visiting Niagara Falls today.
Plenty pictures in coming. 😁

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.