Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,240 members, 7,815,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (678) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2188177 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 4:55pm On Oct 03, 2023
ednut1:

Canada is not USA. If we talk now they will say you be hater.
That Daniel guy should better go back o. Things are roughest without money and work authorization here!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Afolavid: 6:27pm On Oct 03, 2023
ednut1:

Canada is not USA. If we talk now they will say you be hater.

I no dey even talk again ooh, make everybody decide themselves. It took me 6 months after finishing school in Canada to get a job, Imagine if a work permit holder finds it that hard to get a job, how much more someone who isn't allowed to work legally? It's tough out there!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 7:46pm On Oct 03, 2023
Afolavid:

I no dey even talk again ooh, make everybody decide themselves. It took me 6 months after finishing school in Canada to get a job, Imagine if a work permit holder finds it that hard to get a job, how much more someone who isn't allowed to work legally? It's tough out there!
They learn when they arrive. Status is 70% everything here.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Twostep: 11:04pm On Oct 03, 2023
Thank you! Far too kind.

seunpinky:

Truck driving is quite lucrative and in demand in Canada. If that’s the path u want to tow, I would suggest that u do the following:
1. learn how to drive a truck in Nigeria
2. get a Nigerian truck drivers license
3. Once u land in Canada, go to any of the truck driving schools, enroll for driving classes and apply for Ontario truck drivers license
4. With all other things being equal, you should have a truck job waiting for you after you complete this process.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 12:28pm On Oct 04, 2023
BFWestAfrican:
https://www.cicnews.com/2023/10/supreme-court-of-canada-determines-that-a-person-can-only-be-inadmissible-to-canada-if-they-are-a-threat-to-national-security-1039926.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter#gs.6f14g0

Now Ask yourself: Is illegal immigration not a threat to national security? If an officer has reasonable doubt that you will not return to your country after your trip to Canada, is that not a form of illegal immigration and a valid reason to refuse entry?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by orjohn24: 12:40pm On Oct 04, 2023
Daniel4139:
Hello family

Please, help me
I have been in Canada now for weeks but the search for under the table job is not easy without direct referral.
Please, money I carry enter don blow finish yet no job
Abeg, help me
I can do jobs
I can even meet up for physical meetings
I stay in Milton,ON
But I can commute to work anywhere in Ontario
Please help me
I need to cry out
Indicate I will message you directly please

Bro,you cannot live in canada illegally it extremely difficult ...so better face asylum so u get work permit atleast u go get 2 or 3 years to stay before ur case get rejected and u face house on deportation order and that bye bye to usa and canada forever or go back nigeria now you have maximum 6 month but no stay beyond 3 month on vv. Or try switch to student visa if you can afford it....canada is not usa ,student full ground with work permit, pr full, asylum seeker with work permit full ground too ..to survive as illegal immigrate is extremely hard in canada and winter coming soon.

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Voltron007(m): 1:03pm On Oct 04, 2023
House34:

Now Ask yourself: Is illegal immigration not a threat to national security? If an officer has reasonable doubt that you will not return to your country after your trip to Canada, is that not a form of illegal immigration and a valid reason to refuse entry?
I’m just curious. Are you disagreeing with the supreme court’s ruling?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2023
Voltron007:
I’m just curious. Are you disagreeing with the supreme court’s ruling?

No dispute here .just explaining that the official can still refuse entry and based the arugmemt that illegal immigration itself it a threat to national security amd you think a court will disagree?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Voltron007(m): 1:27pm On Oct 04, 2023
House34:

No dispute here .just explaining that the official can still refuse entry and based the arugmemt that illegal immigration itself it a threat to national security amd you think a court will disagree?
Well, they’ll still need to prove that in court. Until then. 🤝
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 1:47pm On Oct 04, 2023
Voltron007:
Well, they’ll still need to prove that in court. Until then. 🤝

If they refuse anybody entry especially vv holder and you have the money and can endure the long waiting court process then face the court because even with this court judgement ,boarder officer can still refuse entry if they have reasonable doubt that you will be an illegal immigrant which is a threat to national security
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JapaPrince: 2:27pm On Oct 04, 2023
ExcellencyFSA:

Hi everyone, so I got another Qatar ticket that will land in Montreal Trudeau (not yet paid). Has anyone taken this route before? Any condition attached to landing in Quebec first? Will the layover time in Montreal Trudeau be enough for all the necessary Port of Entry documentation?
Thanks.
Montreal was my Port of entry, everything went well no issues please check and confirm the dates on your documents before leaving the airport thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JapaPrince: 2:37pm On Oct 04, 2023
1. Church service
2. Poutine the official Canadian dish
3. Downtown Montreal

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Voltron007(m): 2:41pm On Oct 04, 2023
House34:

If they refuse anybody entry especially vv holder and you have the money and can endure the long waiting court process then face the court because even with this court judgement ,boarder officer can still refuse entry if they have reasonable doubt that you will be an illegal immigrant which is a threat to national security
Okay. 🤝
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Voltron007(m): 2:43pm On Oct 04, 2023
JapaPrince:
1. Church service
2. Poutine the official Canadian dish
3. Downtown Montreal
tu parles français?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Afolavid: 4:02pm On Oct 04, 2023
Voltron007:
tu parles français?

Oui grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Voltron007(m): 5:08pm On Oct 04, 2023
Afolavid:

Oui grin
Montreal is a lovely city. My issue is the French.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Afolavid: 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2023
Voltron007:
Montreal is a lovely city. My issue is the French.

Lol, I don't live there too, I only stole the question you directed to the OP. 😁
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Voltron007(m): 6:11pm On Oct 04, 2023
Afolavid:

Lol, I don't live there too, I only stole the question you directed to the OP. 😁
😆
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Tricia14: 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2023
Hi, are there any legal means for a 57yr old retired woman with 3 children below 10yrs, relocate and work in Canada without writing IELTS? Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JapaPrince: 7:15pm On Oct 04, 2023
Voltron007:
tu parles français?
No thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 8:15pm On Oct 04, 2023
📍Rebel Toronto
AG Baby was in town 😁

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jolly123: 1:16am On Oct 05, 2023
Hello! I’m looking to move from Ontario(Aurora) to Edmonton with my son. Looking for advice on good areas to rent in or possibly buy a 3 bedroom townhouse. I’ve been in Canada for a while but Ontario is just not cutting it for me anymore. Renting or buying is just too pricy here now. Landlord is selling my place and the options out there are so unaffordable.
Any Edmonton groups/ WhatsApp I can join?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by njambert: 5:28am On Oct 05, 2023
Hi,I'd recommend to rent abit first(6-9months) before buying.
West side and South side of Edmonton are really good places to buy.Lots of new construction and nice communities in these areas.
Nice two bedroom apartments typically go for 1400-1500 here. Personally,I rent a 2bed 2bath spacious apartment at $1395.Only have to pay electricity(under 100/month) and internet. There may be lots of negative press about Edmonton, but I say where you live is what you make of it.
You don't need to make much to live here.All the best for your journey ahead,and may the Lord favour you this way.

Jolly123:
Hello! I’m looking to move from Ontario(Aurora) to Edmonton with my son. Looking for advice on good areas to rent in or possibly buy a 3 bedroom townhouse. I’ve been in Canada for a while but Ontario is just not cutting it for me anymore. Renting or buying is just too pricy here now. Landlord is selling my place and the options out there are so unaffordable.

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by leopardinatree: 9:17am On Oct 05, 2023
Hello,
I am a bit perplexed and wondering if anyone could share some info with me. I just managed to get the required french level for French CBD draws and much as i am excited about updating my EE profile i am also wondering if i have better chances in Quebec's Arrima as compared to Ontario french draws. Another thing i am worried about is the 1500 OINP application fee as i continue to amass my POF and thinking that Quebec is a better option as it has a lower POF requirement. My fear is that Quebec may be difficult to survive for the rest of my family as i am the only french proficient member of the family.

Just to put into perspective:
1. i have an active profile in both EE and Arrima
2. should i update both profiles with my french results?
3. where do i stand a higher chance considering my CRS is currently in the ranges of 300-330 before NCLC 7 french update
4. hubby has no eca or ielts and doesnt plan on pursuing either
5. will my family manage the mainly french speaking Quebec environment, in terms of hubby getting a job as non french speaker, children coping with public school where i assume french is the medium of instruction?

I know i am putting the cart before the horse here but i would like to make an informed decision before i take any further action with regards to updating my profiles. I understand that i am not guaranteed ITA either way but better to ask that to be sorry i didnt.

thanks in anticipation.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jolly123: 12:17pm On Oct 05, 2023
njambert:
West side and South side of Edmonton are really good places to buy.Lots of new construction and nice communities in these areas.

Thank you! Renting will definitely be better to get settled first. I plan to visit for like a week soon just to get a feel of the environment. That’s a good price for 2 bed, 2 bath! Will be over 2k in my city. I will be in your dm please if I have any questions or concerns.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Voltron007(m): 12:26pm On Oct 05, 2023
leopardinatree:
Hello,
I am a bit perplexed and wondering if anyone could share some info with me. I just managed to get the required french level for French CBD draws and much as i am excited about updating my EE profile i am also wondering if i have better chances in Quebec's Arrima as compared to Ontario french draws. Another thing i am worried about is the 1500 OINP application fee as i continue to amass my POF and thinking that Quebec is a better option as it has a lower POF requirement. My fear is that Quebec may be difficult to survive for the rest of my family as i am the only french proficient member of the family.

Just to put into perspective:
1. i have an active profile in both EE and Arrima
2. should i update both profiles with my french results?
3. where do i stand a higher chance considering my CRS is currently in the ranges of 300-330 before NCLC 7 french update
4. hubby has no eca or ielts and doesnt plan on pursuing either
5. will my family manage the mainly french speaking Quebec environment, in terms of hubby getting a job as non french speaker, children coping with public school where i assume french is the medium of instruction?

I know i am putting the cart before the horse here but i would like to make an informed decision before i take any further action with regards to updating my profiles. I understand that i am not guaranteed ITA either way but better to ask that to be sorry i didnt.

thanks in anticipation.
Wrong thread. Visit the express entry page to get better opinions from folks currently on the same phase.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Voltron007(m): 12:28pm On Oct 05, 2023
njambert:
Nice two bedroom apartments typically go for 1400-1500 here. Personally,I rent a 2bed 2bath spacious apartment at $1395.Only have to pay electricity(under 100/month) and internet. There may be lots of negative press about Edmonton, but I say where you live is what you make of it.
You don't need to make much to live here.All the best for your journey ahead,and may the Lord favour you this way.

Na wa o. 2 bedroom for $1400 😳. And we dey struggle to get same for $2900 in Toronto. It’s even scarce to begin with.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MayorOfEdmonton: 3:32pm On Oct 05, 2023
Hi,

Kindly send your number, I'll ask admin to add you to an Edmonton group.(Hopefully it's not filled up yet).
I know a couple Property managers you could reach out to ask if they have apartments available for rent.
It's probably better to rent and have a feel of Edmonton to know if it's works for you and have enough time to make informed decision on buying. Apartments of $1400-1500 in Edmonton was $2,200-$2800 when I was in Toronto.
I usually recommend SW(South) it's safer, newer neighborhood, easy drive to anywhere in Edmonton via Henday HW.

All the best in your choice&Move.

Jolly123:

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kenn55: 5:11pm On Oct 05, 2023
Voltron007:
Na wa o. 2 bedroom for $1400 😳. And we dey struggle to get same for $2900 in Toronto. It’s even scarce to begin with.

Anytime I look at Alberta real estate, I just wish to run away from Ontario. If I had not established in Ontario, I wouldn't have thought twice about relocating to Alberta. They are really enjoying

Ontario real estate problem escalated after the pandemic. In 2019 and early 2020, you could still get a sharp 2 bed apartment for $1,100 in the Region of Waterloo but now ...... embarassed embarassed
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by A14: 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2023
Tricia14:
Hi, are there any legal means for a 57yr old retired woman with 3 children below 10yrs, relocate and work in Canada without writing IELTS? Thanks for the info.

Tbh, I don’t think so

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Maria96: 12:59am On Oct 06, 2023
Tricia14:
even with IELTS the chances of a 57 years old retired person legally migrating to Canada is almost zero. They are looking for young people who will work for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by halaqasa: 2:05am On Oct 06, 2023
Tricia14:

But tbvh , that age 🥲with respect to her gender 🥲🥲

If the said person is in health sector ( nurse, health assistant..... ) she might get a shot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.