Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (677) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2183893 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MarrisCoco: 8:43pm On Sep 28, 2023
Good day everyone, please can anyone recommend good universities that offer Sports program (Soccer). Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Truth2024: 12:37am On Sep 29, 2023
Abeg any babe for Ottawa Ontario reach us to me i won tell you something for ear.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 1:51am On Sep 29, 2023
oluayebenz:

The thing tire me, he/she might be living just beside Trudeau house
Perhaps he's using a floating rate or gas a leak he's unaware of. Paying over a thousand in energy bills is grossly unusual
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 10:39am On Sep 29, 2023
Truth2024:
Abeg any babe for Ottawa Ontario reach us to me i won tell you something for ear.
You dey Canada?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Truth2024: 9:35pm On Sep 29, 2023
aestake:

You dey Canada?

Yea
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Oldfashioned145: 10:19pm On Sep 29, 2023
Is there anyone here living in Windsor

I need Information regarding student jobs and living , my brother wants to attend st clairs college Sept 2024

Any info will be appreciated
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olalekan9320(m): 6:05am On Sep 30, 2023
NuCypher:

Perhaps he's using a floating rate or gas a leak he's unaware of. Paying over a thousand in energy bills is grossly unusual
the person is just exaggerating jare
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olalekan9320(m): 6:29am On Sep 30, 2023
DereI:

With the current interest rate? And furnished? Probably all inclusive? This is a great deal!!!

Do you know what utilities cost these days? The other day we paid $640 for gas, water and electricity - and it’s not winter yet. Last winter our enmax bill went up to $1050.

So before you comment about someone trying to rip people off, think again!!!

Check out how much property taxes are now.
Research current interest rates
Confirm rate of utilities

Then come back and apologize to poster.

SMH

In Alberta, no rental cap so the landlord can rent at any amount which is fine but when you want to rent at a price that you, you in your mind too, know that is way higher than market price and only new immigrants without credit score will rent it because of the current rental market and you specifically head hunt for them, I don't know if it's extortion or not

A great deal is $2000 for a basement in Calgary where condo/main floor is between 1400 and 1900? Yeah, interest rate has gone up but at 5٪ $2000 would be more than 65% of a decent morgage(I don't want to talk about this one sha) and it's obvious that utilities is not inclusive

Maybe you should also think again before ripping people off

Property taxes that's 1500 per year for the whole house abi which one again

For personal reasons, I would even prefer rent to be increasing sef but you should remember that in as much as profit must be made especially because of unexpected maintenance and the likes, we were new immigrants too at some point and specifically making settling down more uncomfortable is somehow

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by amdman: 10:52am On Sep 30, 2023
DereI:

With the current interest rate? And furnished? Probably all inclusive? This is a great deal!!!

Do you know what utilities cost these days? The other day we paid $640 for gas, water and electricity - and it’s not winter yet. Last winter our enmax bill went up to $1050.

So before you comment about someone trying to rip people off, think again!!!

Check out how much property taxes are now.
Research current interest rates
Confirm rate of utilities

Then come back and apologize to poster.

SMH

In the mind of many tenants, mortgage and utilities are are the only carrying costs of home ownership, yet when something breaks in the house, they have the landlord on speed dial.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Voltron007(m): 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2023
We worked all night here. Decided to take some pictures. 😁

Kitchener Rangers stadium.
Waterloo, Ontario.

14 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by DrLivzy(m): 3:17pm On Oct 01, 2023
Am hepatitis B positive. What is de possibility of relocating to Canada with this status?
Please I need response on this so as not to start putting energy in a wrong place. Thanks!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 8:23pm On Oct 01, 2023
DrLivzy:
Am hepatitis B positive. What is de possibility of relocating to Canada with this status?
Please I need response on this so as not to start putting energy in a wrong place. Thanks!
https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/72#83557611
https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/386#77834053
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by BFWestAfrican: 9:42pm On Oct 01, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by DrLivzy(m): 10:40pm On Oct 01, 2023
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by buchito1(m): 9:39am On Oct 02, 2023
Hi guys. I’d wanna spend my Christmas in Naija.

Finished my studies, got my Work Permit and Work Visa Stamped!

Hope I wouldn’t have any issues coming back?

Kindly Advice.

Regards,
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Afrikanunikorn(f): 10:46am On Oct 02, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Voltron007(m): 11:40am On Oct 02, 2023
buchito1:

Kindly Advice.

Regards,
Provided your visa is valid, you had no infringements during your stay. Then all should be well. ✌️
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by alphabbey1(m): 11:48am On Oct 02, 2023
Oldfashioned145:
Is there anyone here living in Windsor

I need Information regarding student jobs and living , my brother wants to attend st clairs college Sept 2024

Any info will be appreciated
When it comes to Job, count windsor out...
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kenn55: 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2023
buchito1:

Kindly Advice.

Regards,

Make sure you have a valid visa on your passport ooo. Work permit does not grant you entry to Canada, only your visa does. A friend nearly got deported back to Nigeria after he went for a wedding in the US. He wasn't allowed back into Canada initially but there is a law that allows you back only if your going and coming back is within 24hrs and your travel is only to the US, that's what saved him. His visa was expired but he thought work permit replaced the visa.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by buchito1(m): 5:22pm On Oct 02, 2023
Kenn55:

Make sure you have a valid visa on your passport ooo. Work permit does not grant you entry to Canada, only your visa does. A friend nearly got deported back to Nigeria after he went for a wedding in the US. He wasn't allowed back into Canada initially but there is a law that allows you back only if your going and coming back is within 24hrs and your travel is only to the US, that's what saved him. His visa was expired but he thought work permit replaced the visa.

Hey Pal,

Thanks for your response. I have a Valid Work Visa stamped on my passport which is valid for 3yrs.

I also have a work permit separately (that one na just paper)

I hope that's good enough?
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by buchito1(m): 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2023
Voltron007:
Provided your visa is valid, you had no infringements during your stay. Then all should be well. ✌️

Thanks 👍
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kenn55: 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2023
buchito1:

Hey Pal,

Thanks for your response. I have a Valid Work Visa stamped on my passport which is valid for 3yrs.

I also have a work permit separately (that one na just paper)

I hope that's good enough?
Thanks

I have no idea what work visa or work permit looks like. I don't know if it is same as normal entry visa. But my guess if it is stamped on your passport showing you can go into Canada multiple times then you are okay. I guess the person I was talking about had just paper. I didn't follow that route so not sure how things work in that regard
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Daniel4139: 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2023
Hello family

Please, help me
I have been in Canada now for weeks but the search for under the table job is not easy without direct referral.
Please, money I carry enter don blow finish yet no job
Abeg, help me
I can do jobs
I can even meet up for physical meetings
I stay in Milton,ON
But I can commute to work anywhere in Ontario
Please help me
I need to cry out
Indicate I will message you directly please
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Voltron007(m): 6:49pm On Oct 02, 2023
Daniel4139:
Hello family

Please, help me
I have been in Canada now for weeks but the search for under the table job is not easy without direct referral.
Abeg, help me
I can do jobs
I stay in Milton,ON
Please help me
I need to cry out
you don’t have a work permit?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Daniel4139: 6:53pm On Oct 02, 2023
Voltron007:
you don’t have a work permit?

No, I don’t
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Twostep: 6:59pm On Oct 02, 2023
Hello house, how lucrative is truck driving in Canada ? Coming to Kitchener, ON on Sowp in December and trying to figure skills I can empower myself with here before hand.

Does learning & having a license from here carve a nitch or one should rather wait and learn there ? Please what other skills are feasible between now and December.

I appreciate taking your time to respond in advance.

Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seunpinky(m): 12:49am On Oct 03, 2023
Twostep:
Hello house, how lucrative is truck driving in Canada ? Coming to Kitchener, ON on Sowp in December and trying to figure skills I can empower myself with here before hand.

Does learning & having a license from here carve a nitch or one should rather wait and learn there ? Please what other skills are feasible between now and December.

Thank you.
Truck driving is quite lucrative and in demand in Canada. If that’s the path u want to tow, I would suggest that u do the following:
1. learn how to drive a truck in Nigeria
2. get a Nigerian truck drivers license
3. Once u land in Canada, go to any of the truck driving schools, enroll for driving classes and apply for Ontario truck drivers license
4. With all other things being equal, you should have a truck job waiting for you after you complete this process.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Taal17: 2:03am On Oct 03, 2023
Twostep:

Thank you.

When you get to Canada, get truck driving training and license.
No license or driving in Nigeria would be of any use there.
Just search online for truck driving and license requirements in the city you're relocating to. Or ask your spouse to do that.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Voltron007(m): 2:11am On Oct 03, 2023
Taal17:

Just search online for truck driving and license requirements in the city you're relocating to. Or ask your spouse to do that.
He needs a Nigerian G-License. Otherwise he’d wait for extra 2 years.

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 10:00am On Oct 03, 2023
Daniel4139:
Hello family

Please, help me
Abeg, help me
I can do jobs
I stay in Milton,ON
Please help me
I need to cry out
Canada is not USA. If we talk now they will say you be hater.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by DrLivzy(m): 2:09pm On Oct 03, 2023
Taal17:

Biko dnt say what u dnt know. A truck license in Nigeria is just more than important if they is something like dat. Forget that route if u dnt have a Nigerian license bkus u will have to wait for two years before getting a license. I still de nija Bt I hope to be using this route nd dats makes me did a thorough research on it.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by DrLivzy(m): 2:10pm On Oct 03, 2023
Voltron007:
He needs a Nigerian G-License. Otherwise he’d wait for extra 2 years.

Yea... Dats it. 2 solid years. Same thing goes from normal driving license.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.