Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (686) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2188808 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Taal17: 7:03pm On Nov 04, 2023
Voltron007:
Thank you for this advice. I’ve completed the malaria drug yet son of man is still feverish. I guess I’ve got cold flu and not malaria like I thought. I learnt it takes 2 weeks to clear out.
My welcome to Canada experience.

For those of us who still use public transport. Please get a face mask or balaclava. The way people sneeze and cough anyhow in buses, I’m sure na there I get the flu.

Yep.
Public transport is free ticket for flu.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by legionISproteus: 7:13pm On Nov 04, 2023
Taal17:

Yep.
Public transport is free the ticket for flu.

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Taal17: 8:34pm On Nov 04, 2023
legionISproteus:

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Yeah and the flu kills ppl

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Elmemeoflagos(m): 9:16pm On Nov 04, 2023
Hello everyone,
Anyone going to Seneca college, I have a friend . She is currently looking for an accommodation. Please lemme know for any leads.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Iykip(m): 12:07am On Nov 05, 2023
nixymax:
_Hello everyone, and happy new year!_

A room in a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment, fully furnished, is available for rent to a prospective female occupant.

*Location*: Around Westmount, NW, Edmonton Alberta.

*Perks*: Proximity to bus station [walking distance to Westmount Transit Centre], easy bus routes, walking distance to major grocery stores, and very centrally located.

*Rental period*: 7 months

*Security deposit*: $250

*Monthly rent*: $650 [All bills inclusive]

*Move in date*: February 1st, 2023

Important things to note:
>> No pets �
>> No smoking �
>> Be neat and peaceful �
>> You will have to get your own mattress �

Interested
Please, text or chat on WhatsApp:

Thank you.

Hello, please do you know if I can get an accommodation close to MacEwan University?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Timbuktu14(m): 2:45am On Nov 05, 2023
Voltron007:
4:46 am. Waiting for bus. Heading to work. 1 degree. Extremely cold.
Albion, Toronto.
1 degree is beans cake now lol. Thermal wears to the rescue.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by slydog(m): 3:37am On Nov 05, 2023
Timbuktu14:
1 degree is beans cake now lol. Thermal wears to the rescue.
Thank God for wfh, imagine going to work in -40° in Edmonton, lol
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Iykip(m): 10:18am On Nov 05, 2023
njambert:
Welcome. I'm a PR.

We had our first snow fall today

Hello, please my wife and I will be coming to Edmonton Canada on Nov ending. How do we go about accomodation? We need somewhere close to MacEwan University. It's winter and we don't want to be caught in the cold or spend money on Airbnb as we have a tight budget

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Voltron007(m): 12:11pm On Nov 05, 2023
Taal17:

Yeah and the flu kills ppl
I was offered free flu vaccine yesterday but son of man rejected it. What do you think? I’ve got a phobia for vaccines. 🥴
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Voltron007(m): 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2023
slydog:

Thank God for wfh, imagine going to work in -40° in Edmonton, lol
Which one is wfh again? Biko y’all should share updates before this winter do something.

So the time here in Ontario dunno about other provinces (the country just big anyhow, Ontario a single province is bigger than Nigeria!)has changed. We have to adjust our watches 1hr behind.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2023
Voltron007:
I was offered free flu vaccine yesterday but son of man rejected it. What do you think? I’ve got a phobia for vaccines. 🥴
but you have this mark on your arms ba. You also took the ones for measles, chickenpox and polio as a child 🙄.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Voltron007(m): 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2023
ednut1:
but you have this mark on your arms ba. You also took the ones for measles, chickenpox and polio as a child 🙄.
Yes as a child. But now wey I don be adult. Things have changed. 🤒😁

But if the vaccine is safe I don’t mind.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ontarioo: 2:35pm On Nov 05, 2023
Voltron007:
which one be "if the vaccine is safe"🙄
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ontarioo: 2:38pm On Nov 05, 2023
Voltron007:
Which one is wfh again?
Work From Home

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 4:08pm On Nov 05, 2023
Voltron007:

How did things suddenly change when you became an adult? Na wa o cheesy

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 4:08pm On Nov 05, 2023
legionISproteus:

they want to use your application to claim USD at official rate from the bank and pocket the difference.

it is more complicated, but this is the best way i can summarise what is going on.
Hmm....interesting, very interesting!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Voltron007(m): 4:25pm On Nov 05, 2023
Ontarioo:
which one be "if the vaccine is safe"🙄
😁🏃‍♂️
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by njambert: 8:02am On Nov 06, 2023
Well,generally, unless you have someone here/guarantor who can secure a lease for you, you would need to get an airbnb or short term rental for some time while looking for your permanent rental.McEwan Univ is pretty close to downtown Edmonton so transit should be great.
Short term rentals(like a month or two) are much cheaper than airbnbs but also very hard to get.You should try joining Edmonton facebook rental groups to ask if you can get one temporarily.

As for the longterm rental,your best bet is Rentfaster.There are alot on facebook marketplace but too many scams over there. For apartments,you should be able to get 1bedroom at about $1200 and 2bedroom at about $1500.Heat and water are generally already included.Personally,we live in a 2bedroom spacious apartment in the West side at $1395 with underground parking included.

Iykip:

Hello, please my wife and I will be coming to Edmonton Canada on Nov ending. How do we go about accomodation? We need somewhere close to MacEwan University. It's winter and we don't want to be caught in the cold or spend money on Airbnb as we have a tight budget

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Iykip(m): 10:06am On Nov 06, 2023
njambert:
Well,generally, unless you have someone here/guarantor who can secure a lease for you, you would need to get an airbnb or short term rental for some time while looking for your permanent rental.McEwan Univ is pretty close to downtown Edmonton so transit should be great.
Short term rentals(like a month or two) are much cheaper than airbnbs but also very hard to get.You should try joining Edmonton facebook rental groups to ask if you can get one temporarily.

As for the longterm rental,your best bet is Rentfaster.There are alot on facebook marketplace but too many scams over there. For apartments,you should be able to get 1bedroom at about $1200 and 2bedroom at about $1500.Heat and water are generally already included.Personally,we live in a 2bedroom spacious apartment in the West side at $1395 with underground parking included.

Thank you very much. How did you go about getting yours?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by onlykach: 1:03pm On Nov 06, 2023
ExcellencyFSA:
Hi everyone,

Coming to Canada next month on PR, will I still need POF at the port of entry?

Please can you educate meon the process of how you got your PR?

I will really appreciate

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by njambert: 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2023
Welcome.Got mine on Rentfaster.Took about 2weeks of searching.

Iykip:

Thank you very much. How did you go about getting yours?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ExcellencyFSA: 5:49pm On Nov 06, 2023
excellencyofdignity@gmail.com
onlykach:

I will really appreciate
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 5:56pm On Nov 06, 2023
onlykach:

I will really appreciate
this is the pr thread. Read from page 1
https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 9:43pm On Nov 06, 2023
Abeg experts in the house help me out here. The time to get our Canadian mobile is here and I need your advice.

We have used our French data for a few months now (20 euros per month) but it is time to get a Canadian mobile plan.

We used textme plus our French mone but time to do a full switch.

What mobile data do you use. We are in the GTA. Does 50 dollars à month for 40 GB with Freedom mobile make sense?

Huge gulf in mobile communication between Canada and France by the way. The gulf is scary.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olalekan9320(m): 5:25am On Nov 07, 2023
Enculer2:
Abeg experts in the house help me out here. The time to get our Canadian mobile is here and I need your advice.

We have used our French data for a few months now (20 euros per month) but it is time to get a Canadian mobile plan.

What mobile data do you use. We are in the GTA. Does 50 dollars à month for 40 GB with Freedom mobile make sense?

Huge gulf in mobile communication between Canada and France by the way. The gulf is scary.
I use freedom and it's pretty cheap and reliable, after few months of usage, call them and they'll give you discount, the only con is that it isn't available everywhere, like if you live in Calgary and you're traveling to Edmonton, you might not really have service till you get to Edmonton outside that, it's awesome
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by onegig(m): 5:46am On Nov 07, 2023
Enculer2:

Wait till Black Friday. Best time to get deals on Mobile data plans. Might even get a free phone inclusive.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sterope(f): 6:58am On Nov 07, 2023
I didn't know you are in Canada
onegig:

Wait till Black Friday. Best time to get deals on Mobile data plans. Might even get a free phone inclusive.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by febble: 8:24am On Nov 07, 2023
Pls do kindly drop ur whatsapp or WhatsApp me on 07zero 157zero 03 29

Lyndaa:

Hello I’m also going for Jan 2024, I have applied for my visa, have you gotten your visa? It will be good to make your acquaintance. Please let’s connect and if possible plan together.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by KellyTech007: 10:17am On Nov 07, 2023
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 1:52pm On Nov 07, 2023
onegig:

Thanks for the advice!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Aykisbi(m): 2:21pm On Nov 07, 2023
Same boss.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by slydog(m): 2:38pm On Nov 07, 2023
Voltron007:
Which one is wfh again? Biko y’all should share updates before this winter do something.

So the time here in Ontario dunno about other provinces (the country just big anyhow, Ontario a single province is bigger than Nigeria!)has changed. We have to adjust our watches 1hr behind.
Work from home

(1) (2) (3) ... (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)