Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (687) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2202313 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kenn55: 2:41pm On Nov 07, 2023
Enculer2:
Abeg experts in the house help me out here. The time to get our Canadian mobile is here and I need your advice.

We have used our French data for a few months now (20 euros per month) but it is time to get a Canadian mobile plan.

We used textme plus our French mone but time to do a full switch.

What mobile data do you use. We are in the GTA. Does 50 dollars Γ  month for 40 GB with Freedom mobile make sense?

Huge gulf in mobile communication between Canada and France by the way. The gulf is scary.

The best way to get the cheapest rate in Ontario is to play them at their own game. Sign up and after 2 days call them and tell them you want to cancel. They will ask you why, tell them you got a cheaper plan from another carrier, in other not to loose you, they will offer you a reduced price, take it and after 2 days, call them again that you want to cancel with the same reason, they will try again to keep you, take the new price and simultaneously do the same thing with other carriers, at the end you may end up paying $20 instead of the $50 quoted on their website. Once you get the best deal from any of them and the other carrier can't match it,you can now cancel one finally

I didn't know this till I was speaking with a colleague who was using the same plan with me but pay 50% cheaper price than me and that is when I knew the trick and swung into action. I played Roger's and Virgin till I got a deal too good to be true. You really need to understand the marketing tricks in this country else soap go enter ya eye grin

Modified: Make sure you read the fine print and play the game within the free cancellation period. I know Roger's allows for 30 days free cancellation without penalty

11 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Taal17: 2:52pm On Nov 07, 2023
ednut1:
but you have this mark on your arms ba. You also took the ones for measles, chickenpox and polio as a child πŸ™„.

Honestly when ppl say I have phobia na real wa.. let me add smallpox, tetanus, polio, and probably tb taken as children.Plus the immunity your mum transferred to you was probably linked to vaccination

If it was us migration you'd take vaccination by force.. your medicals require vaccination . Almost 6/7 vaccines in one day

When they release malaria vaccine se you no go collect ?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Taal17: 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2023
NuCypher:

How did things suddenly change when you became an adult? Na wa o cheesy
YouTube conspiracy theorist entered his adult head... πŸ€” Maybe

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Taal17: 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2023
Voltron007:
Yes as a child. But now wey I don be adult. Things have changed. πŸ€’πŸ˜

But if the vaccine is safe I don’t mind.
If the safety is what is really important to you then you'd search out those facts with verifiable data in the country you live in.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Voltron007(m): 3:29pm On Nov 07, 2023
Taal17:

Honestly when ppl say I have phobia na real wa.. let me add smallpox, tetanus, polio, and probably tb taken as children.Plus the immunity your mum transferred to you was probably linked to vaccination

If it was us migration you'd take vaccination by force.. your medicals require vaccination . Almost 6/7 vaccines in one day

Be calming down ahan! Small post you don post 100 comments.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 7:01pm On Nov 07, 2023
olalekan9320:

I use freedom and it's pretty cheap and reliable, after few months of usage, call them and they'll give you discount, the only con is that it isn't available everywhere, like if you live in Calgary and you're traveling to Edmonton, you might not really have service till you get to Edmonton outside that, it's awesome

Thank you so much for this tip. I will check with them.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 7:02pm On Nov 07, 2023
Kenn55:

The best way to get the cheapest rate in Ontario is to play them at their own game. Sign up and after 2 days call them and tell them you want to cancel. They will ask you why, tell them you got a cheaper plan from another carrier, in other not to loose you, they will offer you a reduced price, take it and after 2 days, call them again that you want to cancel with the same reason, they will try again to keep you, take the new price and simultaneously do the same thing with other carriers, at the end you may end up paying $20 instead of the $50 quoted on their website. Once you get the best deal from any of them and the other carrier can't match it,you can now cancel one finally

I didn't know this till I was speaking with a colleague who was using the same plan with me but pay 50% cheaper price than me and that is when I knew the trick and swung into action. I played Roger's and Virgin till I got a deal too good to be true. You really need to understand the marketing tricks in this country else soap go enter ya eye grin

Modified: Make sure you read the fine print and play the game within the free cancellation period. I know Roger's allows for 30 days free cancellation without penalty

Thanks a lot. Good to learn from you experienced guys.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jakeroberto(m): 4:36pm On Nov 08, 2023
Greetings house, please I would like to ask some question.
I would be flying down to Canada by month end and I have two(2) stops....One in Frankfrut (16+hours)and the other in Montreal(4+Hours).
Do I need to get any mobile adaptor to charge my phone during the transit?
What type of food or snacks can I put in my backpack to help me stay fit for the 2days journey?
I would appreciate answers. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 4:46pm On Nov 08, 2023
Taal17:

Many Nigerians take such things for granted. When Covid started ravaging places like New York and Italy, there were theories that it was going to decimate Africa (especially Nigeria) once it gets there, especially given the high human density in places like Lagos. Many people were scared. Regardless, when Covid got into Lagos, it barely did any damage. Nigerians were barely washing hands or using face masks, yet nothing happened to them. This surprised many public health experts who had expected carnage. When it went for long enough and Covid didn't seem like a problem in densely populated places like Lagos, one theory advanced was that the many vaccines people in Lagos certainly took in the childhood may have been responsible for the inherent immunity they developed against flu-like viruses like Covid. While nobody knows for certain, there's likely some truth there.

Many Nigerians don't know the good the vaccines they took in childhood was. They grow up, listen to American propaganda and suddenly think vaccines are Bill Gates trying to take over the world. The same Bill Gates that sponsored their polio vaccine....dey play

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JapaPrince: 5:34pm On Nov 08, 2023
Hello house,
Please I am looking for a good data analysis boot camp that is tailored for the industry. Any suggestions please hit me up thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JapaPrince: 5:37pm On Nov 08, 2023
How much is your mobile plan monthly

[quote author=Kenn55 post=126841356]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by id4sho(m): 10:01pm On Nov 08, 2023
jakeroberto:
Greetings house, please I would like to ask some question.
I would be flying down to Canada by month end and I have two(2) stops....One in Frankfrut (16+hours)and the other in Montreal(4+Hours).
Do I need to get any mobile adaptor to charge my phone during the transit?
What type of food or snacks can I put in my backpack to help me stay fit for the 2days journey?
I would appreciate answers. Thanks
Gala and doughnut

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jakeroberto(m): 10:26pm On Nov 08, 2023
id4sho:

Gala and doughnut
Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by studycenter: 11:06pm On Nov 08, 2023
JapaPrince:
Hello house,
Please I am looking for a good data analysis boot camp that is tailored for the industry. Any suggestions please hit me up thanks
We can provide you with detailed learning material for Data Analysis. Comprehensively all you need to learn Data Analysis.
Also available for UI/UX designing.
Reach out below
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sconp: 3:10pm On Nov 09, 2023
NuCypher:

Many Nigerians take such things for granted. When Covid started ravaging places like New York and Italy, there were theories that it was going to decimate Africa (especially Nigeria) once it gets there, especially given the high human density in places like Lagos. Many people were scared. Regardless, when Covid got into Lagos, it barely did any damage. Nigerians were barely washing hands or using face masks, yet nothing happened to them. This surprised many public health experts who had expected carnage. When it went for long enough and Covid didn't seem like a problem in densely populated places like Lagos, one theory advanced was that the many vaccines people in Lagos certainly took in the childhood may have been responsible for the inherent immunity they developed against flu-like viruses like Covid. While nobody knows for certain, there's likely some truth there.

Many Nigerians don't know the good the vaccines they took in childhood was. They grow up, listen to American propaganda and suddenly think vaccines are Bill Gates trying to take over the world. The same Bill Gates that sponsored their polio vaccine....dey play

Children born in the US do not take this vaccines?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Haiddi: 5:40pm On Nov 09, 2023
Hello everyone. Please lawyers in the house that have completed their evaluation with the NCA, how long did it take for Nigeria Law School to send your transcripts to NCA? I have been on this for 3 months and I just received word from the NCA that they don't yet have my transcripts from the Law School. All other documents have been received except for law school transcripts. Please any form of help/tips/pointers will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 5:51pm On Nov 09, 2023
sconp:

Children born in the US do not take this vaccines?
American propaganda sees to it that most parents generally do not have their kids vaccinated. This is predominant both in the white and black communities and for different reasons. For blacks, years of being used as experimental subjects makes them skeptical of trusting the government and taking their vacccines, while for whites, it's sometimes driven by religion. The good thing is that the low incidence of viruses and earlier years of immunization has reduced the incidence of diseases in children in the country.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Voltron007(m): 11:50pm On Nov 09, 2023
Enroute to work. It is barely 5:30pm.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by badpitch(f): 2:36am On Nov 10, 2023
joo2018:
WELCOME TO LIVING IN CANADA/LIFE AS A CANADIAN IMMIGRANT PART TWO

[size=11pt][/size]
can you unlock this thread? I need to delete a comment including my email address. I can’t modify it
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by yBNL1(m): 5:08am On Nov 10, 2023
Voltron007:
Enroute to work. It is barely 5:30pm.
You stay around Vaughan? cheesy
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Voltron007(m): 6:31am On Nov 10, 2023
yBNL1:

You stay around Vaughan? cheesy
My house is 20 mins away.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by yBNL1(m): 11:18pm On Nov 10, 2023
Voltron007:
My house is 20 mins away.
Oh nice. I dey run from the blue buses cos of the price compared to ttc and Brampton transit
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Voltron007(m): 11:23pm On Nov 10, 2023
yBNL1:

Oh nice. I dey run from the blue buses cos of the price compared to ttc and Brampton transit
$1 difference. I use like 3 daily. But I pay once. The fare covers till I reach my destination.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by folla: 2:10am On Nov 11, 2023
3-4 months is ideal.

Outside of the above, get a contact at the Law School to help you follow up.

Haiddi:
Hello everyone. Please lawyers in the house that have completed their evaluation with the NCA, how long did it take for Nigeria Law School to send your transcripts to NCA? I have been on this for 3 months and I just received word from the NCA that they don't yet have my transcripts from the Law School. All other documents have been received except for law school transcripts. Please any form of help/tips/pointers will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Tohmee07: 8:46am On Nov 11, 2023
Hello house,
Please can CCNA certificate be used as two or more certificate along with my Bsc degree?

I await response. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 10:49am On Nov 11, 2023
Tohmee07:
Hello house,
Please can CCNA certificate be used as two or more certificate along with my Bsc degree?

I await response. Thanks
ask in the express entry thread. In this post you have bsc the one in EE thread you have hnd. πŸ˜’ Are you using nairaland to learn agent work?

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AirBay: 1:05pm On Nov 11, 2023
ednut1:
ask in the express entry thread. In this post you have bsc the one in EE thread you have hnd. πŸ˜’ Are you using nairaland to learn agent work?

You don join canada SS? undecided
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MayorOfEdmonton: 1:16pm On Nov 11, 2023
πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
ednut1:
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:33pm On Nov 11, 2023
AirBay:

You don join canada SS? undecided
yes πŸ˜†
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tenderjunkie: 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2023
ednut1:
Nairaland is the best place to learn agent work grin

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olumars: 3:23am On Nov 12, 2023
Anyone in Mississauga or Etobicoke looking for fellow Nigerians around.....
Looking to make friends
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olumars: 3:34am On Nov 12, 2023
Is there any Whatsapp group to join here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (714) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.