Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (684) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2194387 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MarrisCoco: 10:54pm On Oct 23, 2023
Good day everyone
Please can anyone kindly give me information concerning Bow valley college. Anyone that’s is there or have info of anyone that have attended the college.
Is it a reputable institution? Also do they need English proficiency requirement like IELTS? Plus any other information I need to know. Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 11:09pm On Oct 23, 2023
njambert:
Welcome. I'm a PR.

We had our first snow fall today

You live in Edmonton?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by njambert: 12:45am On Oct 24, 2023
Yes
NuCypher:

You live in Edmonton?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jjohndoe83: 1:13am On Oct 24, 2023
MarrisCoco:
Good day everyone
Please can anyone kindly give me information concerning Bow valley college. Anyone that’s is there or have info of anyone that have attended the college.
Is it a reputable institution? Also do they need English proficiency requirement like IELTS? Plus any other information I need to know. Thank you
BVC is reputable.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by airprince(m): 1:19am On Oct 24, 2023
[quote author=Zeewirld post=126438502]Good day great people.

Thanks for the previous responses.That has helped in many ways. Ottawa is among my shortlisted desired locations.

Ottawa actually comes first in most indices that I considered as per information garnered from here.However,I am shocked to see that airfare to Ottawa from Lagos is almost double the airfare to Toronto from Lagos.

My questions;

✓Please what is the best way to save cost on airfares.

✓Is it advisable and cheaper I fly to Toronto and take another flight or even a BUS to Ottawa??

✓Is it better to fly from Lagos to Montreal and get another flight or even a BUS to Ottawa?

@everyone . Thanks so much

May I know which school you’ll be attending I'm going to be resuming January in Algonquin college Ottawa so we can talk further if you interested

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AirBay: 2:19am On Oct 24, 2023
njambert:
Welcome. I'm a PR.

We had our first snow fall today

We feasted today.. the snow is back.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by njambert: 4:31am On Oct 24, 2023
Hahah.While some love it,some loathe it.It was my wife's first snow experience and she was super excited.I warned her she may not like it for too long lol.Personally not my favorite season but I can live with it.

AirBay:

We feasted today.. the snow is back.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MarrisCoco: 12:58pm On Oct 24, 2023
jjohndoe83:
BVC is reputable.
Thank you. Is there any more information I should know please?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kingsoncj: 3:01pm On Oct 24, 2023
As a newbie in Montreal, do I need to register my house address or do any further registration after my arrival? Thanks 🙏🏿
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 1:20am On Oct 25, 2023
Exchange rate now 930 naira to 1CAD on LemFi. This is becoming a serious matter!

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 1:39am On Oct 25, 2023
NuCypher:
Exchange rate now 930 naira to 1CAD on LemFi. This is becoming a serious matter!

Let us hope those leaving Nigeria are not the ones that helped crumble the place.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 1:43am On Oct 25, 2023
NuCypher:

Lmao. All I have in my head is that girl that was crying. Wahala! cheesy

Someone has time to video themselves crying and then time post it.

The things people would do for attention these days.

People got time.

Abeg swap places, some people need that opportunity to be there.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MayorOfEdmonton: 4:46am On Oct 25, 2023
Red Deer Rebels vs Seattle Thunderbirds

It's not soccer but was pretty fun.
For single folks, an hockey game is a decent opportunity to mingle😊😊

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Honeysweetest(f): 8:24am On Oct 25, 2023
Baecli:
Hello bosses in the house.
I want to apply for a one year program In Canada next year and my questions are :

I will be 28 by February and it's been 11 years since I wrote weac and I want to apply for a school In Canada. (What are the chances of getting admitted?

I am self sponsoring myself, because I have been working. I'll register for CAC by next month for my business (home ties),I have two lands.

If I eventually get the visa,can I switch from 1year program to a 2 or 4 Year program?

What about switching of courses. I will want to switch from business relates course to tech (cyber security)

I haven't been to any country. Which country will you suggest I visit first before applying for visa?

What should be my budget?

What should I learn before coming? I'm into e-commerce... If theres another thing to learn please let me know.

I'll be applying for next year for January 2025 resumption. This is to enable me prepare against any errors.

When I was younger I got admitted into a Nigeria university,but I dropped out because I was unserious...I realized my mistake but it was already late so I focuses on business, now I want to go back to study.

I'll appreciate suggestions.. thanks

You don't need to visit any country my dear, just, make a solid application,you are good to go.
What state are you in, you can visit intake agency.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SlowlybtSurely: 1:50pm On Oct 25, 2023
ednut1:
grin Winter activities resuming

Deer hunting on the bucket list. Make no body con cry this year that Canada is boring o.

I tried this skating thing last winter and failed miserably cry. Got an instructor and paid for a package. Did 2 classes and gave up. They have been calling me to come and complete my lessons. I don dash them the remaining money. cry I cannot come and die. Nobody will say I did not try.

I shall be living vicariously through my kids' eyes. grin

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lyndaoyewole(f): 2:02pm On Oct 25, 2023
please oh, i have a sister who has sowp, 1 vv child & 2 study visa kids. wakanow is claiming she must buy return tickets. sowp traveller's how did you do it? i would really appreciate responses based on experience. thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by KellyTech007: 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2023
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by bytecode: 1:36pm On Oct 27, 2023
Hi,everyone.
I will be going to Kitchener In about a month.

Family of 3. My wife will be studying at Conestoga college for the next two years.

Please I need someone on ground there who can give me info about the place. Currently scouting for house to rent. I hear about every city having Downtowns and the vice present in these areas.

Please need general info about good area to live,what to watch out for when renting and stuff.

Have already contacted many properties on Kijiji and few responded. I understand owners are reluctant to rent to people without history.

Please, anyone in the area,family people, please any help, much appreciated.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ExcellencyFSA: 1:48pm On Oct 27, 2023
Hi everyone,

Coming to Canada next month on PR, will I still need POF at the port of entry?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 4:24pm On Oct 27, 2023
ExcellencyFSA:
Hi everyone,

Coming to Canada next month on PR, will I still need POF at the port of entry?

Though they scarcely ask, you should hold some sort of evidence of your POF on you. That could be your bank app you could log into to show your balance or some stamped printout from your bank showing the balance you declared in your application.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 4:49pm On Oct 27, 2023
lyndaoyewole:
please oh, i have a sister who has sowp, 1 vv child & 2 study visa kids. wakanow is claiming she must buy return tickets. sowp traveller's how did you do it? i would really appreciate responses based on experience. thanks
Wakanow is just an agent and not an official source for all things related to Canadian visas, so it's no surprise if they are misinformed. WIth SOWP, you certainly should be able to book a one-way ticket, though some airlines can be overzealous and want you to book return. Call the actual airline you want to fly with and explain to them; they are in a better position to advice. Preferably go to the airline website and book your one-way ticket, and see if any of the prompts mandates you to book a return. In any case, check with the airline first. ANd if they force you to book a return, you can always book them individually and cancel the return within 24 hours of booking it. Some airlines allow cancellation without charge, while some will only charge a token for cancellation. Obviously, look at the costs of cancellation versus cost of retaining the ticket and see what works for you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ExcellencyFSA: 4:59pm On Oct 27, 2023
NuCypher:

Though they scarcely ask, you should hold some sort of evidence of your POF on you. That could be your bank app you could log into to show your balance or some stamped printout from your bank showing the balance you declared in your application.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by KellyTech007: 3:47pm On Oct 28, 2023
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by camaro(m): 6:05pm On Oct 28, 2023
bytecode:
Hi,everyone.
I will be going to Kitchener In about a month.

Family of 3. My wife will be studying at Conestoga college for the next two years.

Please I need someone on ground there who can give me info about the place. Currently scouting for house to rent. I hear about every city having Downtowns and the vice present in these areas.

Please need general info about good area to live,what to watch out for when renting and stuff.

Have already contacted many properties on Kijiji and few responded. I understand owners are reluctant to rent to people without history.

Please, anyone in the area,family people, please any help, much appreciated.

I sent you a mail, I have similar challenge
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by keleto(m): 12:20am On Oct 29, 2023
lyndaoyewole:

One way ticket is what you need.
My family used Egypt air recently
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lyndaoyewole(f): 3:13am On Oct 29, 2023
so you can confirm that the minors on student visa & minors on visit visa bought 1way egyptair tickets in your own situation? when did they travel?

keleto:

One way ticket is what you need.
My family used Egypt air recently
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jhigan(m): 10:09am On Oct 29, 2023
MayorOfEdmonton:
Red Deer Rebels vs Seattle Thunderbirds

It's not soccer but was pretty fun.
For single folks, an hockey game is a decent opportunity to mingle😊😊

So, this is the ice hockey that normally cut my sport bet ticket abi 😃

I'll be there shouting one more goal 😃

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by phabulous88(m): 12:25pm On Oct 29, 2023
lyndaoyewole:

Is your sister trying to get PTA?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by KellyTech007: 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2023
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by DereI(f): 3:34pm On Oct 29, 2023
MarrisCoco:
Good day everyone

I studied in bow valley in 2020.
No ielts required.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by DereI(f): 3:39pm On Oct 29, 2023
Brand new 3bedroom, 2 and half bathroom main floor available for Nov 1 move in - Southwest Calgary.

https://www.rentfaster.ca/531793

Feel free to reach out for more info
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Aimajoyce: 6:22pm On Oct 29, 2023
You will be hard pressed to find someone to share a room with you online; first a landlord will not rent out 1 room to 2 people unless they are a couple and if they rent to you and you bring another person later and they find out, that's a violation of your lease.

KellyTech007:
Hi. Anyone heading to Toronto Ontario later in December let's link up together to rent a room

If possible a male not beyond 30 Years old

My college is Fleming college Toronto

I'm a male , You can email me

agbonifokelly@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here