Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,057 members, 7,810,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (703) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2183782 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 2:15am On Feb 15
LesPieux:

Thank you for this information. I do not know of anyone who has travelled to Nigeria recently. Your tips are well noted.
That's an air france flight that just left lagos. Didn't take Niger. Reliable airlines like AF have likely worked this into their schedules already so that they don't experience delays or cancellations.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by e4maawy: 8:55am On Feb 15
Hello,

Please advise on where I can apply or get the Driver's License Extract letter from in Nigeria.

I have received my COPR and am set to leave in April.

With no relatives or close friends in Canada. I need a settling buddy.

Please let me know if you are travelling around April and are also in need of a companion.

My details: Single, Female, Heading to Toronto/Missisauga/its environs.

Hope to hear back soon.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 9:47am On Feb 15
[quote author=NuCypher post=128462072]
That's an air france flight that just left lagos. Didn't take Niger. Reliable airlines like AF have likely worked this into their schedules already so that they don't experience.

Interesting info.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 9:54am On Feb 15
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by larrixauto2017(m): 2:47pm On Feb 15
MayorOfEdmonton:
He can’t just work as a mechanic in Canada,
@larrixauto2017 You’ll need a formal trade schooling from an institute of technology in your target province and a trade/journeyman certificate before he will be allowed to touch any vehicle. For example in Edmonton, he will have to attend automotive service technician course among others at NAIT then start his journeyman with an auto repair shop to gain hands-on experience.
His previous experience and certificate from Nigeria may help easily get journeyman spot perhaps but definitely not qualify him to just start touching people’s vehicles in Canada.
In fact he needs the certificate and experience before he can register an auto repair business!!!
Cheers

alright boss Thanks sir
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by larrixauto2017(m): 2:49pm On Feb 15
njambert:
Come work as a mechanic for some time, understand the system then open your business.

Thank You Boss
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by onegig(m): 4:55pm On Feb 15
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by izibili44: 10:44am On Feb 16
Thank you very much. He his 35 years of age. Also a fashionist. He is going to calgary. I was told a lot of deportation happen in Ontario airport. I want to book a flight from Lagos to Calgary.[quote author=Maydaygirl post=128461676][/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Maydaygirl: 5:04pm On Feb 16
izibili44:
Thank you very much. He his 35 years of age. Also a fashionist. He is going to calgary. I was told a lot of deportation happen in Ontario airport. I want to book a flight from Lagos to Calgary.

All the best.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ukliving: 5:46am On Feb 17
This is a good time to send moeny home. You will get more naira for your CAD.

Use my referral link:
I use LemFi to send money. You get 30.00 CAD when you verify your account and send over 250.00 CAD with my referral link - https://referral.lemfi.com/invite/7GKH
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by af0nja2000: 8:25am On Feb 17
Maydaygirl:

Visitor Visa as the name implies is for visiting/tourist. Your cousin would have to leave after 6 months.

I strongly discourage him from coming to Canada on a visitor visa with the expectation of applying for a student visa unless he has someone, preferably a relative, willing to accommodate and support him throughout the lengthy application process.

It's important to note that many schools have closed their applications for the April/May session, and seats for the August/September session are filling up quickly. If he plans to apply for college or university admission upon arrival, he may not secure a spot for the current academic year.

His best course of action would be to seek a refund, either in full or partially, from the agent and apply from Nigeria, unless your family is willing to provide financial support while he's in Canada. Getting a job on a visitor visa is extremely challenging, if not impossible.

* It seems the agent did not originally intend to apply for a student visa but opted for the easier visitor visa application.

*If he doesn't have anyone in Canada to provide free accommodation, he should rethink his plans.
Bro can I chat u up privately?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by izibili44: 10:22am On Feb 17
Good morning, please I do not want him to hold any nigerian food and how much do you think he should as his pta. quote author=Maydaygirl post=128488418]

All the best.[/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Weezybaby: 10:01pm On Feb 17
NuCypher:

my brother, same here man! Only got 45%. It's just crazy. The thing be like magic, even though no be first time I dey see am.

If you plan well you can get 100%.. by diverting it to ur rrsp, however, you will not be able to access it until retirement or if u want to buy a property for the first time..careful not to over contribute cos it’s also has a cap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Maydaygirl: 6:18pm On Feb 19
af0nja2000:
Bro can I chat u up privately?

Okay

I am a lady though.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Canadahome: 8:28pm On Feb 19
Hello guys,

If one is sending passport for stamping.

Are there other documents to put in the envelope?

Or just Passport, PPR letter snd Biometric letter?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by miolad20(m): 1:07pm On Feb 20
Everything you need to send is stated in the PPR instructions.

Canadahome:
Hello guys,

If one is sending passport for stamping.

Are there other documents to put in the envelope?

Or just Passport, PPR letter snd Biometric letter?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Maydaygirl: 5:28pm On Feb 20
[quote author=izibili44 post=128497835]Good morning, please I do not want him to hold any nigerian food and how much do you think he should as his pta. quote author=Maydaygirl post=128488418]

As much money as he can get.

Have you arranged for his accommodation?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by izibili44: 7:19pm On Feb 20
We are booking for him to leave next month. How much do you think he should hold as is pta[quote author=Maydaygirl post=128461676][/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Maydaygirl: 7:31pm On Feb 20
izibili44:
We are booking for him to leave next month. How much do you think he should hold as is pta

I cannot provide an exact figure, but given his circumstances (inability to work on a visitor's visa, lack of free accommodation and food support, and not bringing Nigerian food), it is expected that a significant amount of money will be needed.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 6:50am On Feb 21
izibili44:
We are booking for him to leave next month. How much do you think he should hold as is pta

But what ur plan for this person coming to canada on visitor visa ...he cannot work and how u want him to survive ..many already stranded on visitor visa and now claiming asylum unplanned..which is like a game of gambling many of them will be refused and only very few are granted.. it good to have right informatiion before coming to canada and prepare adequately.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seunpinky(m): 8:59am On Feb 21
izibili44:
Pls abort this plan… I know it’s a bitter pill to swallow but he is better off staying back in Nigeria and doing the right thing.

Coming to Canada with a visitor visa without any form of support is a big 🚩…. Pls abort, tell the young man to chill and do the right thing except you have 50k cad (Airbnb accommodation, feeding, phone bill and admission processing) to give him when he’s leaving Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by izibili44: 12:26pm On Feb 21
[Thank you very much. We want him to enter first before sending the food by cargo or courier. We can afford is accommodation if only we have an ideal.quote author=Maydaygirl post=128558553]

I cannot provide an exact figure, but given his circumstances (inability to work on a visitor's visa, lack of free accommodation and food support, and not bringing Nigerian food), it is expected that a significant amount of money will be needed.[/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by izibili44: 12:29pm On Feb 21
We can take care of his accommodation and send some Nigerian food when he enter.
seunpinky:

Pls abort this plan… I know it’s a bitter pill to swallow but he is better off staying back in Nigeria and doing the right thing.

Coming to Canada with a visitor visa without any form of support is a big 🚩…. Pls abort, tell the young man to chill and do the right thing except you have 50k cad (Airbnb accommodation, feeding, phone bill and admission processing) to give him when he’s leaving Nigeria
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 3:57pm On Feb 21
seunpinky:

lol baba let him come. Experience is the best teacher 😉

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MayorOfEdmonton: 4:02pm On Feb 21
You are selectively ignoring the good advice kind folks here are giving you. The boy has age in his favour, he can plan carefully for Express entry(Learn French/do a tech course for STEM/find a job in agric and get invaluable work experience) but no, it’s the seemingly easy and fraudulent route you’re pushing him to take.

An honest question- What skill does he have that will make an employer consider hiring him ahead of several folks with PGWP and PRs?
The agent obviously told you he will claim asylum when he gets to Canada, what will be the basis for a 20s asylum claim from a country not at war??

Can you please go n check google for cost of accommodation wherever he plans to live and stop spamming this thread.
The boy in question should be able to do that simple search if there’s any chance of surviving in Canada.

izibili44:
We can take care of his accommodation and send some Nigerian food when he enter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Taal17: 4:07pm On Feb 21
ednut1:

Let me just smile

I no dey give advice as aa vlogger would say

Anything wey your eye see take am

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Maydaygirl: 5:42pm On Feb 21
[quote author=izibili44 post=128569603][Thank you very much. We want him to enter first before sending the food by cargo or courier. We can afford is accommodation if only we have an ideal.quote author=Maydaygirl post=128558553]

How long are you planning to cover the accommodation costs? Keep in mind that he can only secure Airbnb since landlords are typically unwilling to rent to individuals on a visitor visa. New permanent residents and students face challenges in finding housing, let alone visitors.

Have you arranged accommodation for him? If you're waiting until his arrival to secure it, he will end up on the streets. If you have significant funds for accommodation, why not consider legal options and stay in Nigeria while doing that? I hope he's not planning on seeking asylum. Search on Google for Abike Dabiri's visit to asylum seekers.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Maydaygirl: 5:46pm On Feb 21
ednut1:

The Igbo people have a saying: "The taste of kolanuts is not determined by the way they sound in the mouth."

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by izibili44: 5:53pm On Feb 21
Thank you very much. Asylum is not an option. [quote author=Maydaygirl post=128575228][/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seunpinky(m): 5:58pm On Feb 21
izibili44:
At this point I give up, you seem to have everything covered from your end. The plan has been set rolling and there’s nothing anyone here can tell you to make you abort the plan.

But one last question, what do you intend for the person to be doing while waiting for admission (September 2024)?

Wishing you and the fellow all the best in this journey.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 6:17pm On Feb 21
seunpinky:

At this point I give up, you seem to have everything covered from your end. The plan has been set rolling and there’s nothing anyone here can tell you to make you abort the plan.

But one last question, what do you intend for the person to be doing while waiting for admission (September 2024)?

Wishing you and the fellow all the best in this journey.
don’t discourage him. He can come in and one of those oyinbo mamas fall in love with him and do papers. 🤡

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 10:53pm On Feb 21
ednut1:
don’t discourage him. He can come in and one of those oyinbo mamas fall in love with him and do papers. 🤡
Hahahaha

(1) (2) (3) ... (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.